It is currently Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:53 am

Reply to topic  [ 7090 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 351, 352, 353, 354, 355
[UMC] Ultimate Monotype Club! 

oh man i havent been on vdex in ages and i hadn't been too active here before that so it's nice to see this club is still here even if it hasn't updated in a while
i honestly have no idea where i am from any runs i've done so i decided i'd just redo everything and start with emerald. i never really realized how awful geodudes are until now where everything takes so much work to defeat them 6_6;;

current (and probably for the rest of the game) team:
Spoiler: show
slakoth lvl 11
taillow lvl 12
zigzagoon lvl 11
whismur lvl 13
skitty lvl 11

were 0/2 for roxanne so far orz

Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:11 am

Welcome back and good luck with your run! :D
I've considered starting a monotype again, but lately I haven't really had the time to start, nor have I had the motivation, haha. ^_^;;

My 3DS FC is 0044-4243-1137. Send a PM if you add me!

Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:27 am

/sneaks in
/sees thread still active
/so proud

sorry for dropping off the face of the earth, VDex just bored me. I think its been quite a few months, 8...9??
Anyway.

Hows those Monotypes? With ORAS coming out i cant wait to continue my electric run! then nuzlocke :)

Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:40 pm
Profile WWW

ohaider
i've also been gone for a while, I hope you've all been well ^_^
haven't done very much for my UMC, and I doubt i'm going to finish it since I can't get 6th gen games and i'm way too lazy to/I don't want to download an emulator.
Sucks, since I only have gens 1 and 2 left, and i've started both of them... I may just finish those both.

Image Image

The above Gandhi Chibi was made by Kiyoko. Thanks!

Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:25 am

Well geez I posted like, twice here and then bailed.
    But hey I completed my Pokemon White Ghost run. (Which ended a very long time ago)
    I loved every second of it. Mostly because there are now more than three ghost pokemon.
    What a world!

Now I am embarking on a Black 2 Steel run.
    I'm kicking myself in the butt because the only steel type I've EVER used is a Magnemite, and like a belgium when I first recieved it.
    But heeyyy, new experiences.
    At the moment I have a Naturally Caught Magnemite and Riolu, and an egg of a Beldum since most steel types aren't till half way through the game.
    Thinking of getting an Aron, Pawniard, and Ferroseed when they bounce up.

How's everyone doing in their challenges, Mono or otherwise?

-----------------------------------
Steam: Yugi Schiffer Journal Tumblr
-----------------------------------
ᕙ( * •̀ ᗜ •́ * )ᕗ
3DS Friend Code: 4957-7165-9661

Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:31 pm

/quietly returns to Vdex and this club...

One of my twitter friends kept talking about their Nuzlocke yesterday, and now I'm in the spirit to resume (or rather, restart) my own monotype again lol;;; Anyone still here and going?

If, for argument's sake, you were to write a story with me in the lead role,
it would certainly be
a tragedy.

Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:22 am
Profile WWW

Been a while but... I just recently picked up my Emerald Monotype again!
I had made it up to the Elite Four, took a break, and never got back around to it again until now ^^;

Kicked Sidney's butt (thank you Breloom!), Phoebe was a pain in the ass (especially since she has two Pokémon with Pressure), and I'm about to fight Glacia next.
Those ice attacks though. Yikes.

Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:17 pm

I'm doing a wide scope Fairy Type Monotype Challenge. In Pokemon Yellow I'm using a team comprised of the three Gen 1 pokemon retconned as fairy. Clefable, Wigglytuff and Mr. Mime. And I'm also doing an X and Alpha S. cross-over challenge, meaning I use the same team and switch them back and forth to beat both games at the same time.

Azumarill (Huge Power, duh.)
Gardevoir
Florges
Mawile
Altaria
Togekiss

Fairy Type slays in my opinion so not even worried.

Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:09 pm

I returned here, in light of that Vdex is closing and also that... welp. My 3DS fried itself, so I decided to pick up my Ghost UMC from four years ago. I left off with six badges in leaf green, where the admins here had cleared me to hack in a gengar after six badges, and a single gastly at the very beginning of the game (along with TM for Thief as it was a low power move and allowed me to, y'know, actually hit normal types).

My UMC never got added to the first page, but it's called Ghost Carnivale.

I finished Leaf Green with the following babies:

Marty, Gengar, Lv. 66. Thunderbolt, Psychic, Curse, Brick Break.
Ruka, Haunter, Lv. 53. Shadow Punch, Shadow Ball, Curse, Thief.
Selene, Haunter, Lv. 53. Shadow Ball, Giga Drain, Curse, Night Shade.

And my little HM Helpers: Spear the Fearow, who I accidentally used a Rare Candy one at one point, flew us around Kanto. Now known as the Candy Thief, unofficially. Ferdinand the Diglett, whom kindly cut down trees for us as well as dug our way out of icky caves as needed. And, of course, Nidoking, our courteous boulder kicker and surfer dude extraordinaire. Caught as a Nidorino in the Safari Zone and evolved with a Moon Stone for those purposes, haha~

Completed at exactly 25:25 play time, which was actually pretty rad, if I do say so myself.

I just picked up Platinum and have been gunning it to Valley Windworks to get me a Drifloon, as it is the first available Ghost-type Pokémon!~ My starter has of course been my sole pokemon, and is now a level I think... 21? Level 21 Monferno. He smashes rocks for me. =)

I'll probably make a Tumblr account or something like that specifically for my UMC. This club is pretty inactive now, so I'm just going to assume permission to trade a ghost type in once I do gen 5. That one, unfortunately, doesn't have any ghost types within the first two gyms, as far as I know. xD

Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:57 am

Oh, I'm gonna miss this. Maybe I'll do a Sun and Moon Mono Challenge for old times sake.

Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7090 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 351, 352, 353, 354, 355