It is currently Tue May 23, 2017 3:45 am

Forum rules


We have a Guide HERE. Please read it before asking your question!



Reply to topic  [ 3617 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 181  Next
Where Do I Find ___ Item/Pokémon? 
Author Message
Leading King
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:27 pm
Posts: 19360
Location: SP, Brazil
Unsure where something can be found? Feel free to ask in this topic.

Please do take note that some Pokémon and items are currently unobtainable while the game is still in beta. This includes several evolution-inducing items, berries, and items necessary for getting Event Pokémon.

VSSAKJ Edit: Note that there is now a search function for VDex's mapdex, which means that all locations of Pokémon should be effectively covered between both it and the Guidebook.


Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:37 am
Profile WWW
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:06 pm
Posts: 88
Location: Behind you.
I saw the shiny Gyarados in your party, and I was wondering. Where do you find shiny Pokemon?

_________________
ImageImageImage


Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:45 am
Profile
Vice-Leader Prince
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:11 pm
Posts: 2920
Location: United Kingdom.
I'm totally prepared to be corrected, but I'm fairly sure shiny Pokémon are available in the same areas as where the regular versions are, but with a much, much, much lower chance of appearing.

_________________
      three am we seemed alright.
    Image
        For so long as we both shall live, I bind myself to you, and you alone.
          Image


Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:25 am
Profile WWW
Leading King
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:27 pm
Posts: 19360
Location: SP, Brazil
JSchweigert wrote:
I saw the shiny Gyarados in your party, and I was wondering. Where do you find shiny Pokemon?


It is partially as V.S. said, although my shiny Gyarados was manually edited to be shiny (tailored after the shiny Gyarados in my Pokémon webcomic). During alpha, several shinies were legitimately caught, so they can appear.

Shiny Pokémon work exactly like in the games. Any Pokémon you encounter has a 1 in 8,192 chance of being shiny (same chance as in-game pokémon).

This includes event-only Pokémon; however, for those (like the Snorlax in Kanto or the Mew in Faraway Island), shininess is determined when you first see them - it won't change no matter how much you refresh. So catching a shiny event is really really difficult, while catching a normal shiny only takes the patience to refresh enough for it to appear.

_________________
Personal
Twitter
VDex
Twitter | Reversed Side A archive

Please, ask VDex gameplay questions in the help forum.


Spoiler: show
Image Image


Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:23 am
Profile WWW
Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:52 am
Posts: 66
Location: Look behind you...
So like ummmm... I've been pulling my hair out in my attempts to find a cute wittle Wooper. D: So can they only be found in water or are they just rare... ?

_________________
Image<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3Image

Amazing Charmander done by the amazing Sei.:awyeah:


Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:41 pm
Profile
Leading King
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:27 pm
Posts: 19360
Location: SP, Brazil
Purple wrote:
So like ummmm... I've been pulling my hair out in my attempts to find a cute wittle Wooper. D: So can they only be found in water or are they just rare... ?


Your best bet for a Wooper is at Route 32 in Johto at night (after 8PM, before 4AM). There's a 35% chance of them showing up there during nighttime. It's only a 4% in the morning, and it won't appear during the day at all.

Other than that, Wooper is only in Safari Zones (I think) and also found by surfing at Union Cave or outside the Ruins of Alph.

_________________
Personal
Twitter
VDex
Twitter | Reversed Side A archive

Please, ask VDex gameplay questions in the help forum.


Spoiler: show
Image Image


Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:24 pm
Profile WWW
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:06 pm
Posts: 98
Location: Miami, Florida
Where can i find Eevee? Since there isn't any characters that gift them to you, where would i find them in the wild?

_________________
ImageImage
Image
[More to be added down here...later.]


Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:12 pm
Profile WWW
Leading King
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:27 pm
Posts: 19360
Location: SP, Brazil
Jasu wrote:
Where can i find Eevee? Since there isn't any characters that gift them to you, where would i find them in the wild?


Right now, Eevee is unobtainable, along with all other gift Pokémon (Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, Tyrogue) and a few others like Porygon, Togepi and Riolu. Implementing those Pokémon events is one of my current priorities, I'll post an update topic once these events are available.

_________________
Personal
Twitter
VDex
Twitter | Reversed Side A archive

Please, ask VDex gameplay questions in the help forum.


Spoiler: show
Image Image


Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:18 pm
Profile WWW
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:06 pm
Posts: 98
Location: Miami, Florida
Shirogane wrote:
Jasu wrote:
Where can i find Eevee? Since there isn't any characters that gift them to you, where would i find them in the wild?


Right now, Eevee is unobtainable, along with all other gift Pokémon (Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, Tyrogue) and a few others like Porygon, Togepi and Riolu. Implementing those Pokémon events is one of my current priorities, I'll post an update topic once these events are available.


I see, so there wouldn't be any use looking in the Trophy Garden i assume?

_________________
ImageImage
Image
[More to be added down here...later.]


Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:28 pm
Profile WWW
Leading King
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:27 pm
Posts: 19360
Location: SP, Brazil
Jasu wrote:
Shirogane wrote:
Jasu wrote:
Where can i find Eevee? Since there isn't any characters that gift them to you, where would i find them in the wild?


Right now, Eevee is unobtainable, along with all other gift Pokémon (Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, Tyrogue) and a few others like Porygon, Togepi and Riolu. Implementing those Pokémon events is one of my current priorities, I'll post an update topic once these events are available.


I see, so there wouldn't be any use looking in the Trophy Garden i assume?


That area isn't implemented, so you can't even look there in the first place, heh.

I'm trying to think of a solution for those Pokémon - likely a temporary one, like a one-time chance to catch them when certain conditions are met, a la Lapras or Rotom.

_________________
Personal
Twitter
VDex
Twitter | Reversed Side A archive

Please, ask VDex gameplay questions in the help forum.


Spoiler: show
Image Image


Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:30 pm
Profile WWW
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:06 pm
Posts: 98
Location: Miami, Florida
Quote:
That area isn't implemented, so you can't even look there in the first place, heh.

I'm trying to think of a solution for those Pokémon - likely a temporary one, like a one-time chance to catch them when certain conditions are met, a la Lapras or Rotom.


Hmm like certain pokemon appearing on certain days, or in the manner of Swarming Pokemon?

_________________
ImageImage
Image
[More to be added down here...later.]


Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:35 pm
Profile WWW
Leading King
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:27 pm
Posts: 19360
Location: SP, Brazil
Definitely not swarms. I have no plans of implementing swarms or the Poké Radar. So either on certain days, at certain times of the day, or maybe with an item (like Spiritomb).

_________________
Personal
Twitter
VDex
Twitter | Reversed Side A archive

Please, ask VDex gameplay questions in the help forum.


Spoiler: show
Image Image


Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:38 pm
Profile WWW
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:06 pm
Posts: 98
Location: Miami, Florida
Shirogane wrote:
Definitely not swarms. I have no plans of implementing swarms or the Poké Radar. So either on certain days, at certain times of the day, or maybe with an item (like Spiritomb).


alrighty then. :) can't wait!

_________________
ImageImage
Image
[More to be added down here...later.]


Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:42 pm
Profile WWW
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:06 pm
Posts: 98
Location: Miami, Florida
Ack, sorry to post again, but where can i find Houndour / Houndoom, if it's possible.

_________________
ImageImage
Image
[More to be added down here...later.]


Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:41 am
Profile WWW
Leading King
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:27 pm
Posts: 19360
Location: SP, Brazil
Jasu wrote:
Ack, sorry to post again, but where can i find Houndour / Houndoom, if it's possible.


Currently nowhere (though I had to double-check). Soon, I'll implement the Johto Safari Zone that HeartGold/SoulSilver added (which is past a couple of new routes west of Cianwood), where Houndoom will be found. It'll also add two other currently uncatchable Pokémon (Beldum and Metang).

_________________
Personal
Twitter
VDex
Twitter | Reversed Side A archive

Please, ask VDex gameplay questions in the help forum.


Spoiler: show
Image Image


Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:37 am
Profile WWW
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:06 pm
Posts: 98
Location: Miami, Florida
Shirogane wrote:
Jasu wrote:
Ack, sorry to post again, but where can i find Houndour / Houndoom, if it's possible.


Currently nowhere (though I had to double-check). Soon, I'll implement the Johto Safari Zone that HeartGold/SoulSilver added (which is past a couple of new routes west of Cianwood), where Houndoom will be found. It'll also add two other currently uncatchable Pokémon (Beldum and Metang).


Alrighty, i'll keep an eye out for those updates then. :)

_________________
ImageImage
Image
[More to be added down here...later.]


Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:39 am
Profile WWW
Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:58 pm
Posts: 267
Location: Blackthorn City
Forgive me if this is covered somewhere, but I looked around the guides and couldn't find it - where do you get Moon Stones?

_________________
Image Image Image Image Image Image
lj . trainer card . tin tower . Image

Image
Image


Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:40 am
Profile WWW
Leading King
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:27 pm
Posts: 19360
Location: SP, Brazil
Lorelei wrote:
Forgive me if this is covered somewhere, but I looked around the guides and couldn't find it - where do you get Moon Stones?


Like in the game, Moon Stones can't be bought at stores. Right now, it's not possible to get Moon Stones, but this week I'll be improving some of the current features (like held items) to make it possible for them to occasionally be found with wild Pokémon. Once Pokémon abilities are implemented, certain abilities will make it possible for you to find Moon Stones in the map. I also plan on making "item events" - like how you can only catch certain Pokémon once, there'll be items scattered around that you can pick up once. Among those will be currently unobtainable items like Moon/Sun/Shiny/Dusk/Dawn Stones, and even some items for legendaries like the Adamant and Lustrous Orbs.

_________________
Personal
Twitter
VDex
Twitter | Reversed Side A archive

Please, ask VDex gameplay questions in the help forum.


Spoiler: show
Image Image


Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:48 am
Profile WWW
Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:58 pm
Posts: 267
Location: Blackthorn City
Shirogane wrote:
Lorelei wrote:
Forgive me if this is covered somewhere, but I looked around the guides and couldn't find it - where do you get Moon Stones?


Like in the game, Moon Stones can't be bought at stores. Right now, it's not possible to get Moon Stones, but this week I'll be improving some of the current features (like held items) to make it possible for them to occasionally be found with wild Pokémon. Once Pokémon abilities are implemented, certain abilities will make it possible for you to find Moon Stones in the map. I also plan on making "item events" - like how you can only catch certain Pokémon once, there'll be items scattered around that you can pick up once. Among those will be currently unobtainable items like Moon/Sun/Shiny/Dusk/Dawn Stones, and even some items for legendaries like the Adamant and Lustrous Orbs.

Got it! Thanks for the quick answer. (: I'll wait patiently for my future Clefable, then. xD

_________________
Image Image Image Image Image Image
lj . trainer card . tin tower . Image

Image
Image


Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:50 am
Profile WWW
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:06 pm
Posts: 98
Location: Miami, Florida
Are Miltank, Tauros and Kecleon available in the game?

_________________
ImageImage
Image
[More to be added down here...later.]


Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:26 pm
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 3617 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 181  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software for PTF.