It is currently Mon May 29, 2017 10:29 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Known Bugs 
Leading King

NOTE: If you're being stopped from catching Pokémon because you have multiple Pokémon in a specific slot of your party or PC, it qualifies as the second and third known bugs in this list respectively - use the workarounds listed!

This is a listing of currently known bugs that can't be fixed for some reason or other.

Bug: Mirage Island doesn't appear during the hour the Mirage Radar says is correct.
Reason: There's a PHP bug with the function that processes the date which is causing this. Unfortunately it's a bug with PHP and not the site.
Quote:
Workaround: If the hour displayed between brackets isn't working correctly, check again an hour before that hour, and an hour after that hour. One of those should work.

Bug: I stopped gaining hourly money and experience!
Reason: There's a PHP bug with the function that processes the date which is causing this. Unfortunately it's a bug with PHP and not the site. (same bug as above)
Quote:
Workaround: None known. You can try to post in Help and if I get to your report in time I can fix your exp gain. Otherwise, it should go back to normal within a few hours (a day at most).

Bug: On occasion, a map sprite doesn't appear.
Reason: This is due to a recent anti-bot patch. Images need to be temporarily copied to a folder, and sometimes if the copy process lags, the image may be broken on your end or not display.
Quote:
Workaround: Click the Pokédex icon to check what the sprite is if this happens to you. It should be normalized upon refreshing.

Bug: Caught Pokémon sometimes can't be seen in Trainer Card or PC, but are in the party (sometimes results in a 7-pokémon party).
Reason: You may have had a PC tab open while navigating the map, and accidentally saved PC data without refreshing after catching a Pokémon.
Quote:
Workaround: If this happens to you, go to the PC and store all Pokémon you can see in your party, then save. Refresh your party, and the "missing" Pokémon will appear. Rinse and repeat until they're all there. IF the missing one doesn't appear, contact Shirogane.

Bug: Your PC constantly fails to save. Pokémon in your box may "vanish", and there may be a red box.
Reason: You may have had two PC tabs open at some point, and accidentally saved data in both (which caused the data to conflict). Alternatively, you caught a Pokémon that was automatically sent to the PC and didn't refresh the PC before organizing it.
Quote:
Workaround: Move the last Pokémon that appears in your box (before the red box) to a box you're absolutely sure is empty, then save. Refresh, and repeat until all your Pokémon are back.

Usually, if there are no red boxes, the problem is in the last slot of something - your party or a box. Move the last Pokémon you can see in your party to a box with the last slot free, save, refresh your party. If that displays another Pokémon in the last slot of your party, there's your problem.

If that's not it, check all the boxes in the PC, and move anything in the last slot of each box into another box, save and refresh, one at a time.

Bug: Ampersands in character nicknames cause them to become garbled (only during registration).
Reason: Ampersands are an important character in programming and somewhere along the line they're being misinterpreted.
Quote:
Workaround: Avoid using ampersands for now.

Bug: The PC info display gets messy and doesn't appear sometimes.
Reason: I have no idea.
Quote:
Workaround: Refresh the PC box and/or party and it fixes itself.

Bug: The PC refuses to save properly after refreshing your party/boxes too many times, placing a Pokémon in the Daycare, or placing a Pokémon in the Gallery.
Quote:
Workaround: Refresh the PC page (F5 on Windows) to fix this issue.

Bug: Reed sometimes lets you try to synthesize an item you don't have enough berries for.
Quote:
Workaround: None. If you try to synthesize the item, he'll say you don't have enough ingredients, so it's not possible to exploit this.

Bug: Text links in the bank and a few other areas fail to work.
Reason: I don't know, but it seems to be a Chrome-exclusive problem.
Quote:
Workaround: Use another browser. Sadly, since I don't know what causes it, I don't know how to fix it.

Bug: A Daycare egg mysteriously changes into another egg if it's not immediately withdrawn.
Reason: I have no idea. It could be site lag causing an egg to be overwritten, or clicking the Daycare link multiple times causing two different eggs to be generated - the one that gets displayed and the one that gets saved. "Lost" eggs in this way can't be restored because there is no way to be sure they were generated (screenshots can be doctored).
Quote:
Workaround: None, although refreshing the Daycare to see if the egg you just saw is still there may help with pinpointing the cause in the future - if you refresh and it's the same egg, and then a few hours later it's a different egg, that would help narrow down the possible causes of the problem.

Bug: Collections seemingly "disappear" if you delete a collection and then switch the order of the remaining collections.
Reason: I don't know. If this happens to you it needs to be manually fixed.
Quote:
Workaround: Always reload the page after deleting a collection.

"The server has failed to execute your code properly. To prevent bugs with your account, please wait 5 minutes before continuing to play. You can use the forums safely during this time. Sorry for the inconvenience!"

If you get this message when trying to catch Pokémon, use your PC, et cetera, it's because at some point something you did in your account didn't finish running properly. As a result, your account locked up to prevent a variety of bugs.

You can still view pages freely during those 5 minutes, but a few key features won't work.

This lock is in place to prevent some types of abuse that can take place when the server lags - particularly Pokémon and item multiplication by multi-clicking.

Once it's been 5 minutes since you get that message, the features will be unlocked and you can use the site to its full extent again.

Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:26 pm
Profile WWW
Leading King

Dekora wrote:
I'm dealing with the first bug. I caught a Mew and tried the work around but it still refuses to appear.
Heartbreaking.
:sob:

Is there anything else I can try?
Thank you!

edit: and now it's gone completely. D;
The link still accesses it though.

It's not gone, I moved it manually to Box 20 (it says so at the link).

Twitter | Reversed Side A archive

Please, ask VDex gameplay questions in the help forum.

Spoiler: show
Image Image

Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:10 pm
Profile WWW

Quote:
Workaround: Avoid clicking anything while things load.

Related to this one.

I had three Cheri plants ready to pick. I clicked one, and while the 'take berries' thing was loading, I clicked another plant and clicked 'take berries'. At first, the first plant's berries were still on the plant, but then both plants disappeared but only two berries were in my bag instead of four.

Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:13 am
Leading King

Yeah, that's been reported before, for the same reason, too (someone clicked before it was done loading). What happens in this case is that your item data gets overwritten, but your berry data is updated properly.

Image Image

Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:51 pm
Profile WWW

I have a bug. I did several trades and not all of them have been completed. The pokemon in the trades are still in my party. Do you know what I should do aside from canceling the trades/waiting them to be completed?

Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:17 pm
Leading King

...How is that a bug? If the trades weren't completed, the Pokémon would still be in your party.

You can just cancel the trades.

Image Image

Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:20 pm
Profile WWW
Leading King

New one...

The server has failed to execute your code properly. To prevent bugs with your account, please wait 20 minutes before continuing to play. You can use the forums safely during this time. Sorry for the inconvenience!

If you get this message when trying to catch Pokémon, use your PC, et cetera, it's because at some point something you did in your account didn't finish running properly. As a result, your account locked up to prevent a variety of bugs.

You can still view pages freely during those 20 minutes, but a few key features won't work.

This lock is in place to prevent some types of abuse that can take place when the server lags - particularly Pokémon and item multiplication by multi-clicking.

Once it's been 20 minutes since you get that message, the features will be unlocked and you can use the site to its full extent again.

I apologize for the huge inconvenience, but it's a temporary fix to a rather serious problem. Until I can figure out a better solution, this will have to be in place.

Image Image

Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:33 am
Profile WWW

Hello, I have 8 pokemon in my party, I can give more than 5 trials in each of my pokemon, I have a mew pink instead of white ... my mew
I do not have my pokemon when I go to "profile" and "pc" ...
How to fix it?!

Thank you! :what:

PS :: I did as you say in the first post but nothing!

On holidays from December 25 to January 2

Last edited by Zkrom on Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:15 am
Leading King

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10326

Image Image

Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:16 am
Profile WWW

uhmm exp bug i think it should posted here..
for what i remember before sleeping 3 of my bellosoms were lvl 36.. and now they're still are lvl 36..
can you somehow check shiro..
btw for what i remember its not just my bellosoms but the whole party

Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:26 pm
Leading King

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10326&start=0

Image Image

Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:46 pm
Profile WWW

well i got the bug where "Sometimes after sorting your PC many Pokémon in your box will "vanish".' So I tried to follow the workaround but when i saved it, it keeps saying "failed to save, please reload the page" how do i make it stop?

Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:10 am
Leading King

It's related to the link above. Refresh, move the last Pokémon you can see in the box to another box one at a time, save, refresh.

Image Image

Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:25 am
Profile WWW

Ohai Shiro, in my shop, there is one spoiler that wont open. Other spoilers works normally, you can find the link to my shop in my signature.

Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:59 am

Moon wrote:
Ohai Shiro, in my shop, there is one spoiler that wont open. Other spoilers works normally, you can find the link to my shop in my signature.

That's not a bug, but a mistake in your own BB Code...

Change this part:

Code:
[b][color=#80BFFF]Starters Hatched/Caught In The Wild~[/color]
[spoiler][color=#0000FF]Males~[/color][/b]

to this here:

Code:
[b][color=#80BFFF]Starters Hatched/Caught In The Wild~[/color][/b]
[spoiler][b][color=#0000FF]Males~[/color][/b]

I don't want your love unless you know I am repulsive,
    and love me even as you know it. (Georges Bataille)

MAL / goodreads / Backloggery

Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:48 am

Lethe wrote:
Moon wrote:

That's not a bug, but a mistake in your own BB Code...

Change this part:

Code:
[b][color=#80BFFF]Starters Hatched/Caught In The Wild~[/color]
[spoiler][color=#0000FF]Males~[/color][/b]

to this here:

Code:
[b][color=#80BFFF]Starters Hatched/Caught In The Wild~[/color][/b]
[spoiler][b][color=#0000FF]Males~[/color][/b]

Oh, stupid me. Sorry. I'm so blind in these days for some reason

Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:15 am

i don't know if this is a bug or not, but I trated for a bulbasor and my pokedex says I don't have one. Its in my party right now, but the pokedex still says ive only seen one.

I love Palkia!

Image Image

Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:13 am

pokemonpika77 wrote:
i don't know if this is a bug or not, but I trated for a bulbasor and my pokedex says I don't have one. Its in my party right now, but the pokedex still says ive only seen one.

It's because you're not the OT of the bulbasaur, every pokemon that you get from trades and havent singed to your dex will marked as seen.

Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:15 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next