It is currently Mon May 29, 2017 1:57 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
Bug Reporting Guidelines [READ BEFORE REPORTING] 
Leading King

Before you report a bug, make sure you've familiarized yourself with the list of known bugs and the list of "not-a-bug"s. Some known bugs may not be worked on immediately for a variety of reasons, but as long as the admins are aware, the bug will be fixed - so please be patient!

If you're getting bugs like clicking things not working, wrong images/pages, or loading endlessly:

- Hard refresh when trying again (ctrl+f5);
- Clear your cache, then try again.

If the error persists, report it.

PM me only if the bug is exploitable. Otherwise, make a topic about it. Check if a topic's already been made about the same bug first!

Please do not make duplicate reports. Do not post in someone else's report just to say it's also happening to you (unless I say I tried a fix and/or seem to think it's only happening to one person). Do not needlessly reply to someone else's report - post only when there's something relevant to add to it. Keep clutter and chat out of this section at all times.

About Parse & Fatal Errors

When you get a "parse error", a "fatal error" or a "call to undefined function", 99% of the time it's because I'm doing a code push. I literally sit here nearly all day working on site updates and bugfixes, and when I upload files and you try to open them at the same time, you'll get this kind of error.

It may also result in a blank page.

Wait a bit, then refresh and try again.

Reporting Bugs

When reporting a bug, include as much information as possible:

- The URL of the page the bug happened in (screenshots will also help);
- A description as accurate as possible of the bug itself (again, screenshots help);
- If you got an error message on the screen, copying and pasting the message is a must.

Firefox's Error Console

If something's not working but you're not getting any errors, if you're on Firefox you can check its Error Console under Tools->Error Console (you may need to clear it since it'll likely be full of stuff). Once you have it open, refresh and try to do whatever it is that isn't working. If there's a JavaScript error, it'll appear in the error console. A screenshot of the errors in the console, if you see any appear, will likely be very helpful.

----

To fix bugs, programmers will generally first attempt to reproduce it to fully understand it. Failing that, the code pertinent to the buggy page(s) will be checked. If still no bug is found, the bug may be archived under "known bugs" but not actually solved until the cause is found.

If the bug you found is exploitable (i.e. it can be abused to "cheat" in the game), please report it via PM to Shirogane.

Last edited by Shirogane on Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:00 am, edited 11 times in total.

fixed links for links fixedness

Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:42 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]