It is currently Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
New Fakemon/Pokemon Game: Untitled 

For those of you who know me, I am sorry I have been gone for such a long time. I have had a tough time dealing with various instances in my life but now I am back and am ready to make another impact of the Vdex Community.

I am JJX, creator of the ever popular (now discontinued) roleplay Kanto: The Journey Begins. Currently, even out of commission, it still seems to be the most visited thread in the Here There Be Dragons section. Well, as the title of this thread suggests, I am ready to take it a step further. I JJX have been a fan of Pokemon ever since their creation and have meagerly followed in the footsteps of Ken Sugimori in my quest to master his particular art skill. Having come close, I have chosen to start my own game (untitled at the moment) and add more than 150 new Fakemon into the game as well as keeping the current ones. Many have tried this I know and I am sure many of you are sick of hearing about this from fan to fan but rest assured, my team from the Kanto: The Journey Begins roleplay know that it takes quite a lot for me to give up.

Backstory (Veterans of Kanto will know this story)

The new region is Murto, a lush and warm landscape with many diverse qualities. It has only been recently discovered within the last 80 years far away from any other known regions. A massive island in the middle of the ocean, it has been found to harbor previously thought to be extinct Pokemon such as Kabutops, Aerodactyle and Archen. A lost world of sorts, no other present day Pokemon has seemed to be able to reach the island keeping the population isolated allowing for slow evolution to occur and create a more diverse set of species. In the last 80 years Dr. Gemston found ruins across the various regions stating that this landmass existed somewhere in the world's oceans and with the help of satelite imaging was able to find it. Sadly, after founding the first town (and starting down for the adventurer) Gemston Town, he passed away, unable to explore and meet the new inhabitants of the island including the fearsome three which would eventually become official starters for newfound trainers on thier journey. Now, 80 years after its initial discovery, it has become a human magnet attracting tourists, gym leaders and even E4 members. Towns and cities have been established and the region is well on its way. But all is not well in the region of Murto.

Recently, there have been reports of stolen Pokemon in this vast utopia. And there are rumors of a new, more powerful organization prowling the dark alleyways and corners of the suburban metropolis though the police force has been unable to acquire sufficient information on this supposed organization. It seems to go by the name Team Oblivion.

Background on Team Oblivion:

After Giovanni's second defeat by a young child in the Taho Falls in Johto, the Rocket Boss unrelentingly sought to find his flaw. Five years later, a fateful encounter would reveal that to him. He was busy sending in operatives to the new region Unova but most of the troops either came back missing or in a body bag. Those who survived told of an encounter with a man whose influence had rallied up an entire kingdom.
Giovanni took matters into his own hands arranging a meeting in hopes of a diplomatic agreement or at least an angle on which to kill him with. He met Ghetis, one of the famed Seven Sages of the Unova region and second in command in the organization known as Team Plasma. The two easily got along sharing resources and knowlege in an attempt to take over the Unova region and rule. However, Ghetis's plans were foiled by...a child. Infuriated, he broke the other Six Sages out of imprisonment rounding up his faithful followers and ditching the now turned good N. The Shadow Triad also came to play a role as the elite security guard of the newly formed alliance between Teams Rocket and Plasma. However, even with Giovanni's unlimited resources and Ghetis's mastermind they were still missing an organized leadership.
6 months passed before the duo were able to track down the remains of Team Galactic, an organization bent on creating a new universe without the flaws of emotion and spirit. Cyrus, thier leader had been lost in the portal opened by Giratina leaving the organization to crumble. After locating Jupiter, Saturn and Mars, they were able to convince them to join the team in promise to bring thier leader back. Shortly after, Cheron joined the team. Giovanni also called upon Mr. Fuji, one of the leading scientists in the creation of Mewtwo who was thought to have died in the violent explosion but instead escaped and went into hiding.
Together, both scientists were able to reopen the portal in Mt. Coronet and retrieve a very displeased Cyrus. The man had been trapped in Limbo for some 50 years, not aging and as emotionless as ever. Giovanni and Ghetis convinced him that if they joined forces, they would be able to not only take over the world, but reshape it in thier image.
Now, Team Rocket, Team Plasma and Team Galactic merge to create Team Oblivion.
Later, thier new plans proved successful. Grunts were now 100% compitent and obediant or faced with certain death. Hunter J was shang-haied into joining the team catching various rare pokemon for them to use including the fabled Legendary Beasts of Johto. Archie from Team Aqua and Maxie from Team Magma later joined after Cyrus provided them an image of a new world with equal water and land masses making them Admins of the new team. And so, the fight for the world begins.

----------

I shall post images here in the thread for you guys to discuss and am always welcoming anyone who wants to join the team. First up, anyone have an idea for the names? I have worked with many artists on this project for a period of 2 years so the images may exhibit different art styles. These images were purchased and the end of thier creation by me and belong to me. As do the concepts, etc.

ImageImageImage

Last edited by jjx8672 on Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:57 am

Bumping the thread
----------------------

New Fakemon to add to the team.

Lycanice
The Ice Wolf Pokemon
Dex: Lead by an Alpha male, a pack coordinates itself with complicated vocalizations. It is the only known rival of Arcanine with whom it has intense battles with. Thier thick fur is able to withstand 107 degrees below 0 so even in the fiercest snowstorms it is able to stay warm out in the open.

ImageImageImage

Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:29 pm

Bumping the thread again
--------------------------------

New Fakemon added:
Grubble
The Grubworm Fakemon
It utilizes its shovel like tail to dig backwards into the soil. Thier segments house special organs which can deliver a painful shock when grabbed. They feast on decaying plant matter and create irrigation tunnels deep within forests. Farmers sometimes relocate them into thier crop fields to promote a healthy harvest.

By jjx8672 at 2011-01-23

Gravurm
The Megaworm Pokemon
Ability: Flux - When hit with a stat reducing attack or if the opponent increases its stats, the ability Flux is activated. Flux has a 50% chance of either sharply increasing Gravurm's Speed or Sharply decreasing the opponent's Speed.
Type: Rock-Electric

Dex Info - Gravurm have unique muscules that produce a powerful antigravitational energy. By letting this energy out in bursts, it can actually hover over the ground. It is very territorial and is known for fighting Onix in the wild.

By jjx8672 at 2011-01-23

ImageImageImage

Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:56 pm

Hello, JJX! Do you remember me? I hate to say that during the last four months, I have no longer been active in Kanto and when I finally got on this morning, I was disappointed to discover that the rp had closed for good. I was wondering though, if you would like some Fakemon to add to region from others, or whether you wanted to do this alone. I was a follower of yours on DA, so I remember that you have many Fakemon yourself, but I collaborated with a few artists myself a long time ago for a project of ours that failed, but I'd be happy to let you use them....

Follow Me on Tumblr

Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:15 pm

Hi I was never a part of Kanto but it looked like an amazing rp!
I was also wondering if you were open to suggestions for pokemon in your game, as I have some fakemon I have always wanted to see in a game but I am not nearly talented enough to do it.

youtube
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:18 pm

@clefairies: Thank you for the compliment on kanto. I am always open to suggestions. I have some 30 fakemon created thus far.

ImageImageImage

Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:15 pm

No problem. Well these are a few pokemon I think would be kind of fun to have:
Snufflet (Pig/Elephant cute thing that would be the weak normal type like Audino and Chansey)
Carapot (Form switching bug/rock snail)
Volstag ('Pikachu' of the region)

youtube
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:19 pm

I'm not sure they are what I'm looking for. Murto is a prehistoric region. I think I'd modify the slug one heavily as it's a nice idea. I see the pikachu thing is based on the Jackalope. For my pikachu thing, I was leaning more towards a rat or mole. Thanks for the ideas though. I'll be posting more, including the starters today.

ImageImageImage

Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:28 pm

Oh, if it is Prehistoric I have two that may fit in~
Kopelli
Banelu You might already have your legendaries, but this can be based off of the asteroid that killed off the dinosaurs...
I know it's your region but I can't help but suggest a few pokemon because everyone wishes their fakemon make it to a game. B)

youtube
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:31 pm

Nice ideas, Clefairies! I really like Banelu, it's so adorable...

Follow Me on Tumblr

Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:13 pm

Benulu may replace my other legendaries. Yinsit and Yanglum were popular before the release of Pokemon Black and White"

Yinsit and Yanglum
The Yin and Yang Pokemon Respectively.

Bio: The duo was created after the split of the original dragon that created Reshiram and Zekrom. Yinsit, the harbor of positive energy, grants luck to those who gain its trust. It is said that once you see it, you will be blessed with a great future. Yanglum, the harbor of negitive energy, hides away across the vast regions of the Pokemon World. If it's tail is pulled, negitive energy is released. It does not mean to cause harm.

Yinsit is Normal-Psychic Type
Yanglum is Dark-Psychic Type

Bellish
The Deciever Pokemon
Water-Poison Type

Bio: It lulls its foes to sleep with a melodic and haunting tune before viciously poisoning it. They communicate with one another by flashing different colors although scientists are unsure how to decipher these codes. It is said that they were the inspiration for stories on the Siren in ancient times.

ImageImageImage

Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:38 pm

I do like Bellish, and I can totally see why Yinsit and Yanglum wouldn't be seen as big at the moment. Right not, there is an official Ying/Yang-like pair (Reshiram and Zekrom) but at the time it was very original....also, jjx....I thought you might want to know that Kosukie has given her permission for you to use the Fakemon we created!

EDIT: Tell me which ones you like and which you don't, and post the ones you decide to use (if any, that is) on here!

SECOND EDIT: Add Squilli, Cheedux, and Coniferex!

Follow Me on Tumblr

Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:06 pm

You can use any I've created.

Spoiler: show
Lioddle. (Liopleurodon + Puddle )
Height: 64cm
Weight: 24kg
Ability: Torrent
Evolves into Lortheos at level 18.

Pokedex Entry: Lioddle are playful pokemon who live near ponds. Their tadpole like tails act as both an oar and as a means of collection food by scooping it up.

Lortheos. (Lore + Theos?)
Height: 194cm
Weight: 62kg
Evolves into Kronodon at level 36.

Pokedex Entry: Lortheos are an agressive species of pokemon, their new jaws equipped with razor sharp rows of teeth are often used for everything. They have also grown arms with long oar-like produsions from them, which are hard like bone making it an ideal weapon of sorts.

Kronodon. (Krono + Don?)
Height: 262cm
Weight: 180kg
Does not evolve.

Pokedex Entry: Kronodon are a large, vicious species which live deep in the ocean, They are very competitive and often spar with eachother in an agressive race, using their arms and their heads to win.

Badgolt (Badger + Jolt) [ Badge- olt (like jolt) ]
Badgering Pokemon
Height: 74cm
Weight: 42kg
Does not Evolve

Karmete (Karma + Fete )
Karma Pokemon
Psychic
Evolves into Psimet at level 34

Psimet (Psi- [Psychic] + Kismet)
Fate Pokemon
Psychic
Does not Evolve.

Anusand [Anu (Anubis) + Sand]
Sand Puppy Pokemon.
Height: 52cm
Weight: 32kg

Evolves into: Dubis (Level 28)

Pokedex Entry: Anusand are intrusive, curious pokemon, always wanting to dig things up. It will keep digging until it finds something.

Dubis [Du (Dust) + Bis (Anubis)]
Sand Hound Pokemon.
Height: 84cm
Weight: 74kg

Evolves into: None.

Pokedex Entry: Dubis are calm pokemon, using their heightened sense of hearing, they can predict sandstorms and move quickly.

Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:49 pm
Profile WWW

I like Anusand and Badgolt!

Follow Me on Tumblr

Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:14 pm

I will add Bagdolt to the mix and I am thinking about tweaking the water types you had up there to fit Mosplash's evolutionary line. Thank you Kismet.

Here are a few more; NOTE: Not all of these designs made it like Sproutego. Sproutego will not be a starter or in the game at all. Sorry to fans of Sproutego.

Pyrex, Sproutego, Mosplash

There is a bit of background on these guys actually. Pyrex has been noted to look like Charmander so we sought to change that by adding horns. However, it seems as through it may be too complex for a starter. Mosplash is fine as is and was one of the first Fakemon I created on my own though the artist Max-Nohiro of DA is the official renderer of my designs in the below image. As I said above, Sproutego was meant to be the grass starter of the region but I quickly found out that many Fakemon Artists choose the Stegosaurus as thier starter so I changed mine to a Triceratops named Fernops seen later. Feel free to ask about any of the Fakemon you see here.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/82 ... sionb.jpg/

Chekmi
Normal Type
This is still a work in progress fakemon based off of a pawn in the game of chess. Unsure of how it fits in and may decide to cut it out all together.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/40 ... 1zflj.png/

Eskie
The Pre-Evolved form of Lycanice and perhaps an unknown third evolution
Ice Type
Bio: This little Ice Type is very playful. Its fur is water resistant and always warm to the touch. It yips and barks at any intruder of its territory.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/84 ... 1960k.png/
Picture of a possible evolution: http://www.flickr.com/photos/62543094@N07/5693578672/

Wayvern
-A three stage Psudo Legendary of our region
Based on the water dragons of ancient China.
No bio yet and no evolutions drawn yet.
Fun fact, this was originally going to be Mosplash's replacement as the water starter and would have even taken the name.
Water-Dragon Type

http://www.flickr.com/photos/62543094@N07/5693009921/

Nawmite:
Bug Type
A poor representation of it but I will better design it later. Not sure on the color scheme.

Bio: Its mandibles are full of nerve endings and taste buds. As a result, this Pokemon often bites first to get aquainted with new objects and people. Unfortunately, it also has powerful jaws.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/26 ... 1zfon.png/

Borimori:
Bug Type
Will not be redesigned but will be sharpened to look better.
Evolves from Nawmite at Lv. 15
Bio: It fools its attackers into thinking it is slow. However, nothing could be farther from the truth. When a predatory Pokemon comes near, it quickly sprays it in the eyes with silk secreted from the glands on its head. It then tethers a strong silken strand to another tree and swings to safety. The movements of the Moon and Sun have a strange effect on its behavior.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/71 ... 1zfsc.png/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/15 ... therd.jpg/

Fritifli:
Bug Flying Type
Unsure about the color scheme
Evolves from Borimori through happiness (Female)

Bio: Fritifli's wings are covered with hallucinigenic spores. Despite being beautiful, it can quite viciously attack its foes with this poison. They love to sunbathe in the mornings to dry off thier wings.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/80 ... nod3g.jpg/

Unnamed Night Moth
Bug-Flying Type
Getting rid of the stars on its wings and changing the whole color scheme
It is based on father time and a moth.
Evolves from Borimori though happiness (Male)
Short description: Its wing spores are a popular ingredient for sleep medications.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/62543094@N07/5693007913/

Petriel and its Fossil
Rock Flying Type
May evolve once. Unsure though.
Bio: Petriel fly about effortlessly taking nests on the sheer faces of high cliffs. Although more comfortable in the air, they can quadrepedally walk slowly.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/54 ... 191nw.png/

Colored Versions of Yinsit and Yanglum
http://www.flickr.com/photos/62543094@N07/5693007985/

Alternate Design of Pyrex
http://www.flickr.com/photos/62543094@N07/5693579154/

Possible Pyrex Evolutions Firapter and Tyruption
Both Fire Rock Types

http://www.flickr.com/photos/62543094@N07/5693579288/

Sproutego's Replacement as the grass type starter
Fernops - The basic stage and replacement Grass starter. Its frill is made up of stiffined leaves.

Ceraphyl - The first evolution pure grass type. Its frill has rounded out and changed. Its body somewhat resembles that of a coconut husk and it has grown horns.

Thryzinops - The final evolution pure grass type. It has grown stylized horns and its legs/tail are what appears to be a palm tree based design. This can be reflected into the design of the frill with is indeed made of a mix of palm leaves an other vegitation.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/62543094@N07/5693579704/

Early depictions of Fernops, Pyrex and an unnamed water starter that has been dropd. may make a comeback as a Rock Type.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/62543094@N07/5693579866/

Bellish and its Evolution Sireen playing with some other fakemon jellyfish
http://www.flickr.com/photos/62543094@N07/5693576620/

Polinada
Grass-Flying type
During the fall season, hundreds of Polinda can be seen floating the southern winds towards thier evolving grounds.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/71 ... ather.jpg/

Pungool
Fighting-Ghost Type
Will be redesigned
Bio: Said to be the spirit of a fighter that lost everything. It roams the earth looking for a strong challenger to face so that it may pass on to the other side.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/62543094@N07/5693009075/

Quepie
Normal Type
This Fakemon will be dropped and replaced by Kismet's Electric Badger Pokemon
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/52 ... 1zfit.png/

A colored version of Spectreel

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/21 ... eathe.jpg/

Velocirod:
Electric Type
The Pulsar Pokemon

Bio: It runs at high speeds upwards of 55 miles per hour after prey. They hunt in packs of up to 6 members. At night when visibility is low, Velocirod send out microbursts of electric energy that bounces off nearby objects and creates a 3D image for them. They fuel thier muscles with the static electricity they get from running.

There are some inaccuracies with this velocirod and it shall be redesigned soon

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/83 ... d314e.png/

Some other Pokemon
Others include the evolved form of Polinada known as Duspore (grass poison) which can be seen using Pin Missle and a dropped design on the bottom right known as Tikorch a Grass Fire type.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/83 ... byyuk.jpg/

Let me know what you guys think.

ImageImageImage

Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:01 pm

mdf2711 wrote:
I do like Bellish, and I can totally see why Yinsit and Yanglum wouldn't be seen as big at the moment. Right not, there is an official Ying/Yang-like pair (Reshiram and Zekrom) but at the time it was very original....also, jjx....I thought you might want to know that Kosukie has given her permission for you to use the Fakemon we created!

EDIT: Tell me which ones you like and which you don't, and post the ones you decide to use (if any, that is) on here!

SECOND EDIT: Add Squilli, Cheedux, and Coniferex!

I just was wondering why you hadn't responded to my pm, and yet you had clearly been on to update this page, and so I looked to see if you got it and apparently I never sent it....but I definitely typed it, which is odd....So anyway, I was just gonna send it through pm, but since everyone is doing it publicly, I'll just do the same.

Lizaraft:

Floatilisk:

Graspirit (Form 1):

Graspirit (Form 2):

Follow Me on Tumblr

Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:32 pm

Lizaraft I'm definitely wanting keep.but I don't think I'll have it evolve.

ImageImageImage

Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:58 pm

Oh, okay then....I really like Floatilisk (which is surprising cuz I don't usually like evolved forms, but seeing as I made him, I guess I would tend to like him more), but I understand....

And thanks for liking Lizaraft so much that you'll use him! What about Graspirit? You didn't comment about it...I was thinking that "form 1" would be way too civilized for your region, but "form 2" might work if you like? idk....up to you...

Follow Me on Tumblr

Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:18 pm

I just think it would be a good idea to make him like an ancient form of Kecleon. Kinda how Timburr is like another region's form of Machop.

Either way, i'll be making official art of it when I can. As for other matters, I have begun writing the tales of Kanto: The Journey Begins in novel format. I will be releasing a few chapters at a time here on Vdex for everyone to see and critic so that I can perfect the novel. Kanto may be dead in RP but I plan to continue the story with a story version of it. Look for it soon

As far as the game goes, Pungool has recieved a major edit to its design.
I will try to upload an image of it later on tonight if I can get to a computer with stable internet connection.

ImageImageImage

Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:05 pm

That's awesome because I really wanted to know the storyline arc of Kanto!
I was thinking about reading through it

youtube
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 57 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next