It is currently Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:39 pm

Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
FRLG Hack: Pokemon Verdigris! 

For a Hiker~
Opening: "Hey you! ... Yeah, you!"
Battle Win: "I was right! You are the real deal, kid!"
Afterwards: "I've never seen a team stand up to my brute force before. What's your secret?"
Mind Read: "Maybe I should just ask them if I can tag-along with them..."

Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:18 am
Profile WWW

Did this for ya if you need it:

Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:12 pm
Profile WWW

HOW DID I NOT NOTICE THIS AWESOMNESS UNTIL TODAY??? Those are spectacular!! Thanks so much! I'll be inserting those tomorrow :) I'm still mad at AdvanceMap tho, it keeps repointing my headers without asking >:(

Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:01 am

Smallbirdie wrote:
HOW DID I NOT NOTICE THIS AWESOMNESS UNTIL TODAY??? Those are spectacular!! Thanks so much! I'll be inserting those tomorrow :) I'm still mad at AdvanceMap tho, it keeps repointing my headers without asking >:(

No problem! Have you considered those revamped retro sprites?

Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:41 pm
Profile WWW

I like them! I want to put them in, but they're a little different than adding black to a sprite with NSE :P Once I finish putting in the sunglasses I think I'll work on Flareon, just as a test. My thought is that if I put it in a 64px × 64px box with a transparent background I can shove it into the same space the original occupied.

Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:09 pm

HEY GUYS!!!
What level Pokemon should the first 3 Gym leaders have? At least, how high should wild/trainer's Pokemon be as you approach the 3rd gym? By that point you should (if you're following the story) been through one forest, one cave, the safari zone, and the first confrontation with the Rockets.

And I had a good idea for a money sink... Shiny Pokemon! :D I found a way to make the next X number of Pokemon you encounter Shiny. Maybe pay the crazy guy obscene amounts of PD to make the next 2 wild Pokemon Shiny? Be sure to keep repels handy so you don't encounter two shiny Rattata :) Or something. Anyone?

If there are any Map Makers I could use new Maps! I need more interesting maps, I think X_X Claudia, you've seen some of my maps (sans trainers), do they seem alright?

Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:06 pm

Make the gym leaders pokemon be a bit stronger than the trainers in the area but with better moves.
Like if the trainers at the first gym have level 10-11 pokemon, make the gym leader have 11-15 leveled pokemon

youtube
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:08 pm

I can make maps if you like, I'm no good at doors and stuff so you'd need to do that, but I can do the map, if you give me the idea of size and shape.

Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:05 pm
Profile WWW

I'm not sure what you mean about doors, but for immediate uses I'm looking for a south to north route that is at a slightly higher elevation on the north side (but not fully mountain), a south to north high level route with an area for a forest dungeon in the center, I need a city design for the town that has a dam on the north side (water to the northwest), and a west to east swamp route.

And thinking about levels more, maybe I could do it on a 5 level increase? Gym 1 ~lv10, 2~15, 3~20... 8~lv45 and the elite 4 ~lv50+. I never paid attention to this stuff when I played >.>

Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:51 pm

Smallbirdie wrote:
I'm not sure what you mean about doors, but for immediate uses I'm looking for a south to north route that is at a slightly higher elevation on the north side (but not fully mountain), a south to north high level route with an area for a forest dungeon in the center, I need a city design for the town that has a dam on the north side (water to the northwest), and a west to east swamp route.

And thinking about levels more, maybe I could do it on a 5 level increase? Gym 1 ~lv10, 2~15, 3~20... 8~lv45 and the elite 4 ~lv50+. I never paid attention to this stuff when I played >.>

The connections to other maps, I've always been horrible at that. But I could design a slightly sloped route, the first one you mentioned.

Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:01 pm
Profile WWW

Ah, connections. I get it now. I've got that down well, i can edit maps together no problem :)

I still haven't figured out why my trainers glitch out when they see you :( Maybe later I'll ask at the PokeCommunity. My shiny trainer script is going off perfectly though!

Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:10 pm

How big did you want this map to be? Like, kinda long or REALLY long?

Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:16 pm
Profile WWW

I love level curves.

Difficult
Strategic
Normal Pokemon Games (Easy)
Gym 1:

1:20
2:17 & 19
3:16-18
4:14-15

1:18
2:15 & 17
3:14-16
4:12-15

1:16
2:13 & 15
3:12-14
4:10-13

Gym 2:

2:25 & 28
3:24-27

2:23 & 26
3:22-24

2:22 & 24
3:20-22

Gym 3:

2:30 & 33
3:28-31
4:26-30

2:29 & 31
3:26-28
4:24-27

2:25 & 28
3:24-26
4:21-24

This is incredibly general, though, and is not at all certain until the map is finished, as routes and dungeons may be affect level curves.

Party◕Shop◕Mafia Club◕Most Current Wish List◕Most Recent Mafia Game◕Nuzelocke Club
Spoiler: show
i'll be true, i'll be useful...
i'll be cavalier, i'll be yours my dear...
and i'll belong to you...

...the one who nobody verses "I love you"...Image

Thanks to Kaos Kaiser for the Trainer Sprite!

Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:36 pm

Claudia Donovan wrote:

I made shiny versions for each, but will only post them with Claudia's permission, for obvious reasons.

Pokestuck

Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:51 am

joshsauce wrote:
Claudia Donovan wrote:

I made shiny versions for each, but will only post them with Claudia's permission, for obvious reasons.

Actually, there isn't a need to make shiny sprites because of how palettes work for games

Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:55 am
Profile WWW

Claudia Donovan wrote:
joshsauce wrote:
Claudia Donovan wrote:

Actually, there isn't a need to make shiny sprites because of how palettes work for games

Really? Then I must have a seriously terrible sprite editor, because it made me do both.

Pokestuck

Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:17 pm

I... um.. don't see anything really to help, cause there aren't any questions I can see.. >___<

But I guess I can offer to make the gym leader's teams if you need help with that!

Image Image

The above Gandhi Chibi was made by Kiyoko. Thanks!

Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:30 pm

Ugh I wish so much I could do something useful >.>
OH I KNOW
Yay! Yay! You can do it! Your doing great! This will be so worth the effort!
Totally watching this forever.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP/OOC Come on guys, help us get started. We need teams!
My little store ^u^
I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.
If you too dream of such a world, place this text into your signature.
Help this dream become reality.

Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:57 am

Sorry for the hold up, been really busy. I have been working on it though! Fixed ALL of the connection areas, and built the next city on my list. Oh yeah, some of the Pokemon Centers err'd out, so I fix those too. Added more night maps. Haven't made any progress with sprites after the Squirtles, I still need to design the overworld sprite for the guy :\ Been getting all the Vdex trainer info into it, but I have to repoint for ones with custom movesets, so that'll be later.

Haha, just a thought, maybe I'll just give all the unimportant people a "Hi! I need new dialog!" script, and get it out :) Tomorrow is Saturday, I might get some time. Sunday I'll have a few hours too.

Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:10 pm

Smallbirdie wrote:
Sorry for the hold up, been really busy. I have been working on it though! Fixed ALL of the connection areas, and built the next city on my list. Oh yeah, some of the Pokemon Centers err'd out, so I fix those too. Added more night maps. Haven't made any progress with sprites after the Squirtles, I still need to design the overworld sprite for the guy :\ Been getting all the Vdex trainer info into it, but I have to repoint for ones with custom movesets, so that'll be later.

Haha, just a thought, maybe I'll just give all the unimportant people a "Hi! I need new dialog!" script, and get it out :) Tomorrow is Saturday, I might get some time. Sunday I'll have a few hours too.

Ooh, that's awesome! good luck!
and also, if you need any help regarding level curves, etc., i'd be happy to help!

Image Image

The above Gandhi Chibi was made by Kiyoko. Thanks!

Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next