It is currently Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:53 am

Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
FRLG Hack: Pokemon Verdigris! 

Sorry if I haven't read everyone else's yet...

1. With mind-reading, what would you like to learn about or find? Extra plot details? Humorous thoughts? The location of Giovanni's Treasure?

~Fun, Plot, Where people hid their items, or possibly pokemon.

2. With night-access, what night time events would interest you? Items? Extra story events? Roaming night-time Pokemon?

~All of the above

3. With bonus dungeons, what would you like to find in them? Extra baddies? Items? Rarer Pokemon?

~Baddies, Rarer Pokemon, TMs

4. Would you like me to create a trainer after you? If you'd like, please post the name, gender, trainer type (cooltrainer, bugcatcher, ect), and 2 or 3 Pokemon you'd like to have. Or just post the name and I'll add you in somewhere :)

~Oh, you're amazing! Can I be an Ace Trainer ♂ (Benjamin) with the Sceptile, Charizard, and Poliwrath?

5. I'm thinking of removing Great and Ultra Balls in favor of an unlimited, free supply of Pokeballs. Would this be good, or terrible?

~You could do this if you introduce other purchasable items, berries, Exp. Share, Tm's instead, and make everything cost more.

6. There's a 1% encounter rate feature I'd like to make use of, what rare type would you like to be able to find with relative ease? Be reasonable, "Deoxys" is not a reasonable answer. "Totodile" might be.

~Starters, Psedolegendaries

7. Mewtwo- good guy or bad guy? Please share some of your opinions on the matter!

~Mewtwo as part of the plot, as possibly being brainwashed, and then you fight him, as level 100, as a boss, and then a lower level to catch.

8. Anything else you'd like to share?

~Would love to test this, also, possibly Bagon as the power starter. With TMs as abundant sidequest rewards, the aftergame's play value would be improved, because of the modifing movesets. You could change some TMs to non-TM moves (Leaf Blade, Head Smash) or to Newer Moves (Flash Cannon, Stone Edge).

Party◕Shop◕Mafia Club◕Most Current Wish List◕Most Recent Mafia Game◕Nuzelocke Club
Spoiler: show
i'll be true, i'll be useful...
i'll be cavalier, i'll be yours my dear...
and i'll belong to you...

...the one who nobody verses "I love you"...Image

Thanks to Kaos Kaiser for the Trainer Sprite!

Last edited by Empoleonmaster on Mon May 28, 2012 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue May 22, 2012 10:15 pm

Smallbirdie
Oh, gosh! I love this idea!

Quote:
1. With mind-reading, what would you like to learn about or find? Extra plot details? Humorous thoughts? The location of Giovanni's Treasure? Extra plot details would be fine. Maybe locations of Pokemon, a bit like Mass Outbreaks?

2. With night-access, what night time events would interest you? Items? Extra story events? Roaming night-time Pokemon? A special night shop, maybe? Or some story-events related to ghosts and possibly their "deeds to do" before they pass on?

3. With bonus dungeons, what would you like to find in them? Extra baddies? Items? Rarer Pokemon? TMs, perhaps TinyMushrooms and Pearls?

4. Would you like me to create a trainer after you? If you'd like, please post the name, gender, trainer type (cooltrainer, bugcatcher, ect), and 2 or 3 Pokemon you'd like to have. Or just post the name and I'll add you in somewhere :) Aww, that's so generous of you...Lass (Female) Moon or Touko (or if you just need a normal name, Sana) and the Pokemon Zorua(? Otherwise,

5. I'm thinking of removing Great and Ultra Balls in favor of an unlimited, free supply of Pokeballs. Would this be good, or terrible? I think this is a good idea so far, however what about the Legendary Pokemon and Pokemon with a 5% or less catch rate? Will we just have to rely on luck?

6. There's a 1% encounter rate feature I'd like to make use of, what rare type would you like to be able to find with relative ease? Be reasonable, "Deoxys" is not a reasonable answer. "Totodile" might be. Perhaps an event/starter Pokemon from VDex? Oshawott, Zorua, or Togepi.

7. Mewtwo- good guy or bad guy? Please share some of your opinions on the matter! Good guy. Mewtwo is just pretty misunderstood. I'm not sure about his role in the plot, though.

8. Anything else you'd like to share? I just love this idea.

Sun May 27, 2012 3:33 pm

Regarding #5, what starberry said, and
starberry wrote:
Quote:
5. I'm thinking of removing Great and Ultra Balls in favor of an unlimited, free supply of Pokeballs. Would this be good, or terrible? I think this is a good idea so far, however what about the Legendary Pokemon and Pokemon with a 5% or less catch rate? Will we just have to rely on luck?
[/size]

Would it possible to get all the legendaries or pokemon with <5% catch rates as gifts after you beat a certain trainer/beat that pokemon, possibly at a higher level in the wild?

Party◕Shop◕Mafia Club◕Most Current Wish List◕Most Recent Mafia Game◕Nuzelocke Club
i'll be true, i'll be useful...
i'll be cavalier, i'll be yours my dear...
and i'll belong to you...

...the one who nobody verses "I love you"...Image

Thanks to Kaos Kaiser for the Trainer Sprite!

Mon May 28, 2012 7:33 pm

Empoleonmaster wrote:
Regarding #5, what starberry said, and
starberry wrote:
Quote:
[/size]

Would it possible to get all the legendaries or pokemon with <5% catch rates as gifts after you beat a certain trainer/beat that pokemon, possibly at a higher level in the wild?

Since not everyone has shot down the Pokeball idea, I think I'm goin to go for it, and add berries to all the shops. Upping the legendary's carch rates to 5% will be done also, just so you don't all completely hate me :) I do like to gift idea though, I think I'll do that for some legendaries the Rockets caught- Beat Giaovanni's Moltres and you'll take it from him before ge flees!

Tue May 29, 2012 10:18 am

Smallbirdie wrote:
Since not everyone has shot down the Pokeball idea, I think I'm goin to go for it, and add berries to all the shops. Upping the legendary's carch rates to 5% will be done also, just so you don't all completely hate me :) I do like to gift idea though, I think I'll do that for some legendaries the Rockets caught- Beat Giaovanni's Moltres and you'll take it from him before ge flees!

Hmm, does that mean this would be a bit like the Shadow Pokemon from Pokemon XD? [i.e, beat someone/beat Pokemon to get it?]

Tue May 29, 2012 6:52 pm

What about beating somone, and then it releases a legendary. Then its roaming? So you have to put in effort to get it?

Tue May 29, 2012 7:02 pm
Profile WWW

Hmm, never played XD. And roamers sound good, I'll have to look up how the scripting would work though, I have no clue atm. Thanks for more ideas, they're always appreciated!

Tue May 29, 2012 8:21 pm

Home today, but playing on Vdex. Will resume hack work once I catch my Suicune :)

Added a new code box for idea help :) Trainer chatter by one person = mind numbing repetition x_x

Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:30 pm

Smallbirdie
I'd love to help with the NPC and trainer chatter. I've a few questions about it, though.

a) Mind-reading; Trainers: Would you read their mind after battling them or before battling them, or both?

b) NPCs: What types of NPCs need chatter? Are there any NPCs that you are going to add/leave out?

I'll edit this post in a moment with some of the chatter ideas, too.

Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:44 pm

Oh, I'd love to help with chatter! I'll wait until star's questions are answered, though.

find me:
tumblr | aywas | steam: stormhover

ImageImage

Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:51 pm
Profile WWW

Thanks for the response!
Mind Reading trainers: After battle! Like all trainers, it's attack first, questions later :)
NPCs: I need chatter for most all, because I don't want to have every NPC with only my writing style. Rockets are a priority, grunts especially. I haven't finalized the designs for the admins (maybe Jesse/James?) so their chatter's tbd. Plus random route people, town people (want them to give you items/pokemons? Give me an idea what they'd say/give and I'll toss them in!). I've got landscapes for forests, grassy routes, mountain routes, rocks caves, snowy routes, snow caves, on-the-river routes, desert town, desert routes, and a bridge that is waaay above the ground. They need population >.< Argh, should I just throw some story plots under a spoiler? :P

edit: Itune's random feature made Kuja's Theme from FF9 play while I typed this. That makes it feel creepy now :/

Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:56 pm

Smallbirdie
Ah, okay then! I understand now!
I'll put my chatter ideas under a spoiler. I just looked up the different types of trainers, so I'll give dialogue for a few. I hope I'm doing what you expect me to.

Trainers

Beauty
Opening: "My Pokemon are gorgeous! You have objections? Let's see!"
Battle Win: "Hmph. You may be strong but your Pokemon aren't pretty."
Afterwards: "Oh! The sight of your Pokemon just threw me off."
Mind Read:"Wait! Did I give my [Pokemon] enough Pokeblock today?"

Nerd
Opening: "...Parasect's spores...radius 1.5 m...What? Who disrupted me?"
Battle Win: "Darn! I thought I calculated everything!"
Afterwards: "I must have miscalculated the Speed of [Pokemon]..."
Mind Read: "Parasect's radius seems to actually be 3.2 mi...or was it...."

Swimmer [♂]
Opening: "Try to keep up with my speedy moves!"
Battle Win: "Well, I guess you can swim too."
Afterwards: "Swimming is exercise! You should swim a lot too."
Mind Read: "Maybe I should get an inner tube like those kids someday."

NPCs

[A Hiker-type?]
Talking: "My favorite Pokemon is Snorlax. But if they're blocking roads, you need a special flute to wake them up."
Mind Read: "Why, my Snorlax seems to be losing some weight. Perhaps it can even squeeze between bushes now."
[Maybe if a Snorlax is blocking the road later on, this NPC would give the player a Poke Flute?]

[A Aroma Lady-type.]
Talking: "I love this town. There are beautiful flowers here and ripe berries."
Mind Read: "I wonder if I've checked that patch by [Certain Route] for berries yet?"

Would berries be implemented? If so, would it be like the Berry Trees from GSC, more like the berry patches from RSE, or like the soil plants of the Dream World?
Have you ever played The World Ends With You? If so, would mind-reading be a bit like checking for battles?

Agh! Sorry for so many questions/speculations.

Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:45 pm

That's PERFECT! :D I'm afraid I don't know how to do berry trees, so they're just going to be available in shops. With hidden berries lying around occasionally. If I have room in the game's memory after all's said and done I'm going to split it so there's 2 shops in each town, a regular and a berry. And sorry, I've never played B&W or The World Ends With You, so I don't know about soil patches or battle checks.
The mid read is really, really simple. Functionally speaking, of course. Everything about a trainer/npc works as normal, then it checks if you're carrying the right Pokemon (or it's evolutions). If you don't, talking ends. If you do, it just asks, <<Mind Read?>> and if you say yes, it gives you the next line of dialog.

Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:06 pm

Channeler
Opening: "I will exorcise the spirits inside you..."
Battle Win: "What...What's going on?!"
Afterwards: "I think I was possessed..."
Mind Read: "Hm...what was that strange feeling? I feel something weird..."

Hiker
Opening: "Hey, you! You don't really look like the climbing type. Let's see what you've got!"
Battle Win: "You do have the guts to hike!"
Afterwards: "Mountain air is good for you. It's very fresh. The higher you climb, the better!"
Mind Read: "I think I should have packed some more food...I'm getting hungry..."

Smallbirdie
Oh, that makes sense. Will you be including Pokemon from all the regions, or just a few?

Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:01 pm

I can all the gen 3s in up to Deoxys, but anymore requires hacking deeper than I'm comfortable with :/ I'm going to make a significant effort to get every one in.

Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:10 pm

Random Trainer(Preferably one with physic pokemon)
Opening:...
Battle Win: ...
Afterward: Good job. Now leave me alone.
Mind Read: What is this guys probl-STOP READING MY MIND.

(Random old man)
Talking: (He seems to not notice your presence)
Mind Read: (You are traumatized. For life, probably.)

1. With mind-reading, what would you like to learn about or find? Extra plot details? Humorous thoughts? The location of Giovanni's Treasure?
Cheat codes to recieve other starters.

2. With night-access, what night time events would interest you? Items? Extra story events? Roaming night-time Pokemon?
Personally, chances to get some legendary pokemon, like Darkrai.

3. With bonus dungeons, what would you like to find in them? Extra baddies? Items? Rarer Pokemon?

Legendary pokemon and a brick.

I'm doing a little something to get some steam games. It's one of those long term things where the site rewards you for stuff. So if you want any free steam games and are willing to put in a lot of time, it's worth a look.
(No purchase neccessary. Otherwise I wouldn't risk putting up the link)
http://www.steampowers.net?join=130010

And if that don't work? Use more Fluttershy.

Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:19 pm

Super Nerd
Opening: "With this new equation for battling I can't lose!"
Battle Win: "A miscalculation on my part!"
Afterwards: "I don't know what I did wrong"
Mind Read:"If x is 32 then...y x 54.... square root... cosine of 93..." (You experience a horrible migraine)

1. With mind-reading, what would you like to learn about or find? Humorous banter, Locations of hidden items... Maybe at a high level you can mind-read your opponent's moveset before battling them?

2. With night-access, what night time events would interest you? Vigilante justice missions to earn rewards. Wild Sleeping pokemon that are easier to catch.

3. With bonus dungeons, what would you like to find in them? Treasure hunters you can battle, fossils, items, money, rare pokemon.

Also, I think each ability should have a specific legendary. With Mind-Reading you have access to Lugia, night access lets you get Mewtwo, and extra dungeons lets you find Jirachi

youtube
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:44 am

Poke Kid
Opening: "Hey, my pokemon are tougher than yours!"
Battle Win: "Hey! Why'd you do that?"
Afterwards: "I still can't believe you KO'd my pokemon..."
Mind Read: "Now I have to get stronger! Hehehe... When I get older, this guy will be my rival!"
1. With mind-reading, what would you like to learn about or find? Humorous banter, Locations of hidden items... Maybe you could find out where pokemon are hiding, or where Team Rocket captured a rare pokemon or something.

2. With night-access, what night time events would interest you? Different pokemon, Maybe pokemon that change form at night. Also, maybe you could sneak past some trainers?

3. With bonus dungeons, what would you like to find in them? Fossils, rare treasure, Maybe a Team Rocket base with like rare pokemon and stuff trapped, and if you release them you get to keep ONE.

This looks like a really, really good hack! I look forward to it. Maybe I could test, if you want. Also when will it be released/beta release?

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP/OOC Come on guys, help us get started. We need teams!
My little store ^u^
I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.
If you too dream of such a world, place this text into your signature.
Help this dream become reality.

Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:34 pm

Thanks for the continued responses! I'm not sure when I can release it, I'm trying to make sure there's no Rom exploding glitches :P And I've spent too long hunting shiny Krabbys and retro Suicunes... I'm going to go work on it now.

Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:50 pm

For a Cool Trainer (female) named Helena
Opening: Oh, hello dear. Shall we spar?
Battle Win: I lost? How improbable.
Afterwards: I hate to admit it, but you've bested me. Well done!
Mind Read: Perhaps I should ask about their training strategies...
She'd have a Quilava, Bayleef, and Croconaw at levels 14, 16, and 18 respectively

Last edited by Claudia Donovan on Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:11 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next