It is currently Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:18 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1262 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 60, 61, 62, 63, 64  Next
THIS POST CONTAINS NEWPROJECT REVIVAL 
Leading King

Thanks!

It may be a while before you get more news - I haven't been very healthy lately and focusing has been a difficult task. I've also been trying to get some funds to proceed with writing, and that... may take a while...

Twitter | Reversed Side A archive

Please, ask VDex gameplay questions in the help forum.

Spoiler: show
Image Image

Wed May 16, 2012 6:56 am
Profile WWW
Leading King

Okay...

I'm going to feel like a failure for this, but after a month of being unable to write/draw anything and being unhealthy in general, I think... it's time to admit to myself that I can't do something with a scope of this size, not in the state I've been in lately.

I don't want to go into detail or throw a pity party, so it's enough to say that it's too overwhelming for me to take on a project of this size. The productivity bursts I get wane before I'm able to get anything substantial done, and... well, I can't do this right now. I tried, I really did. I'm sorry to those I'm letting down a second time. I'm not sure yet what to do - cancel this or postpone it... but I know I can't do it. I'd be lying if I said I just need a break. I've had breaks, they haven't been working. It's showing in this project and it's showing in VDex in general, because I haven't been able to do much of anything.

It's safe to say I won't be working on this right now. I don't know if I'll go back to it (I would definitely like to) or when, but I think... maybe I'll try something similar, except smaller? Easier to manage in small bursts. I still need income and I still need to remove the DP system from VDex eventually, so I can't just cancel it and call it a day.

I wanted to ask... would the people interested in this still be interested in something similar, but with a smaller scope?

Maybe something that starts strictly as an otome game? That's just one protagonist, fewer characters... and then expand from there, if there is interest. Start small, with a really small cast... less to draw, less to write, less to code... sort of like VDex when it started (it didn't have half the features it has now).

I feel like a failure right now, really, but I know much of it is depression speaking. I'm really grateful for all the support this has gotten and I wish I could do well enough to warrant it, but... right now, I can't. I still want to do something, anything, but... not something this big.

Sorry, guys.

(man halfway through this I lost track of what I was typing so forgive me if it makes no sense.)

Image Image

Tue May 29, 2012 8:07 pm
Profile WWW
Loner Princess

Aaah, I don't really know how to word this...

It's a good thing, though, that you are able to acknowledge that something of this size just won't work for you right now. Rather than dragging it on and keeping people's hopes up, or not admitting it because you didn't want to let people down, you came right out and acknowledged it. It's better to acknowledge faults/inabilities than to just drag everything on, I think.

I would definitely be interested in a smaller scale version though, especially if it turns out like an otome game. And a small cast might definitely be easier to put together for release. Adding more characters in the future then helps to add longterm replayability, rather than just blazing through the routes and then never picking it up again.

* Special Nature Doc *

Tue May 29, 2012 8:24 pm

*hug*

You are not a failure. You are an incredibly talented, incredibly smart, and incredibly funny person who has done more than most of us could even dream of. Vdex has become one heck of a place, and taking on another, in-theory bigger project in addition? Hell, "overwhelming" doesn't even begin to cover it. For what it's worth, I'd say everything you've done is pretty much amazing, and even though I've only ever been tangentially interested in the new project, it was your enthusiasm and creativity that got me into it. So, whatever you need to do, do, because I'm sure no matter the size or scope of the project, it's because you made it that it'll be awesome. Smaller and more manageable sounds like a good way to go to me if that's what you're feeling, and hey, if it ends up expanding as much as Vdex has, then it'll probably end up surpassing the original ideas for it in no time. So, do what makes you happy, not what you think will make us happy; we're here for you, so let us know what you need. <3

Edit: Plus what Kara said about being strong enough to acknowledge when something's not working.

Last edited by Del on Tue May 29, 2012 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue May 29, 2012 8:25 pm
Vice-Leader Prince

I will always be your staff member. /salute

Tue May 29, 2012 8:27 pm
Profile WWW

/hugs

I'm sorry to hear you aren't doing so well personally -- that worries me more than the announcement about the game. I hope you get to feeling better!

I'd be all for an otome game, though! The internets need good otome games. :D

I answer to Kit, Kitty, Cam, Cammy, Stealth, Stealthy, Sir, Ma'am, they, human, and Hey You!
dA || Twitter || Aywas || Tumblr
MI Time: 11:10 PM T-W-Th

Tue May 29, 2012 8:37 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Manly Princess

Man it's totally okay!! I'd be interested in whatever cool beans project you do. I'm totally fine with however you choose to approach it. You're definitely not a failure, not at all, you're amazing and we think it's warranted so dw!

I hope you feel better soon /;3;/

[monthly parcel giveaway]
[shop] [buying] [journal] [natures] [wishlist]

Please PM me for urgent matters.

Wed May 30, 2012 12:55 am
Profile WWW

I am sure I will still be interested even if it is in a smaller scale. :)

And speaking as someone who has had experience with depression, I would like to tell you to hang in there. Things will look up eventually. /hugs

Wed May 30, 2012 1:58 am

I think it's very difficult to start something grand from scratch: You lack the foundation, you have big visions of how everything will link together in the end and regardless how much you do, there'd still seem to be so many things out there that have yet to be created. At some point, it's just overwhelming because there are so many details that you have in mind.

I hope that at least now that you've made the post, you won't have to continue feeling bad about it and keep pressuring yourself to get something done as soon as possible! I'm sure people understand and would still be interested in a smaller project. I'm looking forward to anything you'll create - even if it's a game that only uses part of the cast made so far and it's super small and even if the story and personalities are different or have inconsistencies for when you'll expand (if you do)!

I hope you'll feel better soon, Shirogane.

I don't want your love unless you know I am repulsive,
    and love me even as you know it. (Georges Bataille)

MAL / goodreads / Backloggery

Wed May 30, 2012 2:57 am

Everyone pretty much said what I was going to say T~T

But yes, you are awesome and talented and it's totally okay and I hope you feel better soon! I know I'd be interested regardless of size :3 And expansions and stuff would always be awesome and it would be great and I'm sure you'll do an awesome job <3

ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Wed May 30, 2012 10:01 am
Profile YIM WWW

I don't want to hear that failure talk from you ;w; sounding braver than I am Because I really do not think you are. Instead, I think it's really awesome (and a rare trait) to admit and acknowledge it when you do not have the means to do something; even more when there are a lot of people looking forward to it. I'm sorry to hear that you're facing difficulties and I hope that things will be better soon. Don't feel bad about putting this on hold (or whatever it is you decide on). It is a huge project and pulling it all off on your own (and sooner than later) might be uber-awesome, but I'd rather have you be happy and content with how things get done.
So, I would definitely be interested in the smaller version of this and maybe watch it expand from there over time. Take care okay ;w;/)

If, for argument's sake, you were to write a story with me in the lead role,
it would certainly be
a tragedy.

Wed May 30, 2012 10:42 am
Profile WWW
Leading King

Thanks guys ):

Image Image

Thu May 31, 2012 4:45 pm
Profile WWW

Shirogane, I would be very interested and excited in whatever you attempt next. You already do so much for us already, it doesn't even seem right to ask you to continue if you don't have the energy to do it right now.

~EmpoleonMaster

Party◕Shop◕Mafia Club◕Most Current Wish List◕Most Recent Mafia Game◕Nuzelocke Club
i'll be true, i'll be useful...
i'll be cavalier, i'll be yours my dear...
and i'll belong to you...

...the one who nobody verses "I love you"...Image

Thanks to Kaos Kaiser for the Trainer Sprite!

Thu May 31, 2012 7:30 pm
Global Moderator

Let me know if you need anything, I'll do my best to help out with whatever I can.

Image Image Image Image Image

.giving this formspring thing a try.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:22 pm

You're definitely not a failure! And I'd definitely be interested, even if it is something smaller, like an otome game.
...But whatever you decide, you really shouldn't push yourself, and I hope you feel better soon.
*hugs*

Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:20 am

Hey Shiro! So I literally just read about this project today and I'm very interested in it, seems really cool. *_*

The more I read about it, the more I wanted to contribute somehow, so I'll just leave this here.
With your most recent update, I'm not sure if what I'm going to say will be considered at all, but I'd like to let you know anyway.

If you ever decide to tackle this project again or maybe try it at a smaller scale, I'd like to offer my art skills, that is, if you ever need it. XD
Although I'm not at all financial adept, I can at least draw and write and experience creative bursts, and if that can lessen your load at least a little bit or maybe encourage you to go forward with this project again, then that's all I can ask for. Ah, I can also code a little bit, although it's only at a functional level. I've also helped (and am currently helping) in the creation of other wide-scale projects before, so really, let me know if there's anything I can do.

In any case, you've just got one more fan. :D

Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:30 pm
Profile WWW
Leading King

Ahh sorry for taking long to reply, but thank you! I'm actually working on something else now - something smaller and more manageable. I'm... blanking out on what to say, but I'll be releasing more info on this new project sometime in the near future, so if you're still interested then, we could see? I wouldn't mind someone else on board to help with art, leaves me more time to work on other things. c:

Image Image

Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:45 pm
Profile WWW

Oh, exciting! :D I'll be on the lookout for sure. *_*d

Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:13 pm
Profile WWW

Oh I can't wait for new information on this new project. I hope you decided to still keep most of the characters since they were really pretty and interesting too! *o*

Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:20 pm
Profile WWW
Leading King

No, they're all new characters. We may still use the old ones for other things...

Image Image

Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:32 pm
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 1262 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 60, 61, 62, 63, 64  Next