It is currently Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:34 am

Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Forum Rules (last update: Apr 05, 2012) 
Loner Princess

Quote:
You can only make one topic per week in the general trading section (auctions and tradebacks don't have similar limits).

In Buying, Giveaways, and Trade Requests, it's one topic per week. In Auctions, there isn't a limit but you will be asked to not spam the forum and you are able to have multiple auctions in a single thread. So you might as well stick to one a week. Tradebacks is similar, and it's generally preferable to recycle an old topic (if it's still on the first page) instead of making a new one every time.

* Special Nature Doc *

Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:38 pm

xxKarachan wrote:
Quote:
You can only make one topic per week in the general trading section (auctions and tradebacks don't have similar limits).

In Buying, Giveaways, and Trade Requests, it's one topic per week. In Auctions, there isn't a limit but you will be asked to not spam the forum and you are able to have multiple auctions in a single thread. So you might as well stick to one a week. Tradebacks is similar, and it's generally preferable to recycle an old topic (if it's still on the first page) instead of making a new one every time.

Thank you! I appreciate it!

Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:04 pm

So I've heard multiple accounts are discouraged. Is that really true?

Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:05 am

It's explicitly mentioned in the rules that they aren't allowed:

Quote:
A lack of awareness of these rules or a lack of intention of breaking them will not be accepted as a valid reason for doing so. Please make sure you are fully familiarized with the rules before registering.

One Account Per Person
Each user may have only one account. Accounts with identical IPs are suspicious, but allowed due to the sibling/wife/housemate/public computer factor. Still, those accounts are closely watched. If you wish to start a new account and abandon your old one for whatever reason, please contact an admin for permission through the forum PM system, or in any of the venues listed at the bottom of this page.
Punishment: All of the user's accounts are banned.

Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:18 am

Is it required we go back through all old threads before starting a new one to make sure there aren't and replicas? I ask because that can be A LOT of threads and as this game grows it'll be even more to go through.

Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:28 pm
Loner Princess

Rosie Greenwood wrote:
Is it required we go back through all old threads before starting a new one to make sure there aren't and replicas? I ask because that can be A LOT of threads and as this game grows it'll be even more to go through.

You don't have to go back through every single thread. If a thread hasn't been active for a considerable amount of time/isn't currently active, it's not really creating a replica. You should at least check through the first few pages of the forum to make sure there isn't a recent/active thread.

* Special Nature Doc *

Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:59 pm
Pretty Princess

Addendum: If you find a thread that is the same topic as the one you want to create but it has been over one month since it last received any replies, feel free to make a new one. However, if there has been a reply in the older thread within the last month, please use that one instead.

Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:47 am

I can't remember exactly where this rule and looking for it hasn't proved fruitful so:

What's the policy on trading site currencies? I know it's something about it being worth money but I don't remember the specifics. I'd like to trade 500k Neopets points for Vdex's PD or items.

Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:17 pm
Loner Princess

There are two basic rules to it.
The first rule is that while it is allowed to trade the currencies, all discussions must take place off of Vdex.
The second rule is that the other currency cannot be a "paid" currency. dA points, for example, originate through real-life money and so cannot be traded. Even if you didn't have to pay the money (got the dA points from someone else), it still counts as money-originated and as having some kind of actual monetary value.

(The third rule is that the other site should also allow off-site currency trading, but that's not our place to enforce)

Assuming Neopets hasn't changed that much since I played it last, Neopoints should be okay for trade in terms of the second rule. I'm not certain about the unofficial third rule off the top of my head, but again, as long as the arrangements are made off-site and Neopoints aren't a currency you can get via RL money, it's good.

* Special Nature Doc *

Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:32 pm

Sounds good, thanks Kara!

Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:34 pm

Hi there! I have a quick question. Is invisible text completely a no or is it okay in very small circumstances? The way I have my journal set out is with spaces in-between each of the letters, and the only way to get more than 1 space is by literally using the same colour as the forums.

I literally have them set to 'blank' and 'b' (blank is the spaces between the 3 circles and b is for the extra space between words)
The post I'm referring to is here. Seeing as it's literally unimportant to the post itself (and just a word and a letter) I just want to ask beforehand if it's okay to use it for something like that (I'd be using something similar within a thread in the Trade Requests part too, with essentially the same word and letter if it's okay.)

If it's completely a no no then I'll remove the spaces and all that, but I'd just like to know before I do it and get in trouble for it. Thanks in advance ~

EDIT: Forgot to edit out signature. Oops.

Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:57 pm

Samoo wrote:
Hi there! I have a quick question. Is invisible text completely a no or is it okay in very small circumstances? The way I have my journal set out is with spaces in-between each of the letters, and the only way to get more than 1 space is by literally using the same colour as the forums.

I literally have them set to 'blank' and 'b' (blank is the spaces between the 3 circles and b is for the extra space between words)
The post I'm referring to is here. Seeing as it's literally unimportant to the post itself (and just a word and a letter) I just want to ask beforehand if it's okay to use it for something like that (I'd be using something similar within a thread in the Trade Requests part too, with essentially the same word and letter if it's okay.)

If it's completely a no no then I'll remove the spaces and all that, but I'd just like to know before I do it and get in trouble for it. Thanks in advance ~

I don't see why not. It's not text that's meant to be read, so I think it should be fine.

That said, i'm pretty sure there's a way to actually do that without using invisible text, since I see posts with that style of type pretty often, and I don't think they use that method. I could be wrong though

Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:47 am

atari wrote:
That said, i'm pretty sure there's a way to actually do that without using invisible text, since I see posts with that style of type pretty often, and I don't think they use that method. I could be wrong though
I don't know much about formatting with bbcode, but it's possible to it using this character " ". Unfortunately, that character is different sizes in different browsers leading to a post that looks strange to some viewers. So, I'd rather use invisible periods if that is allowed.

Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:58 am

atari wrote:
Samoo wrote:

I don't see why not. It's not text that's meant to be read, so I think it should be fine.

Hm, okay then. Thank you to you both! I'll still continue it but check here if one of the mods post and say it's a problem :>
You may be thinking of the [list] use or something. I did have a look through the BB Code Guide but I couldn't find anything :c the [list] itself when used not at the start of a line actually shifted what was inbetween the tags across however any space, but to the next line.

(That or there's another method) Regardless, thank you again to you both!

Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:57 am

Hello, I've got a question!

There's a (valuable and thoughtful) comic/article/discussion I'd like to share. There is nothing wrong/mature/inappropriate/derogatory about the content or subject of the post (it's actually insightful for people of all ages), but it's on a Tumblr blog with a name that contains a non-racial swear word, and the blog has a NSFW warning due to the possibility of NSFW contest elsewhere in the blog.

I was originally just going to link to the post, but that arguably violates the rule on "Illegal/Mature Content" in a roundabout way. I've thought about embedding everything into my forum post and then linking or stating the name of the artist or blog, but the problem persists; so long as the viewer knows the name of the artist or the blog, they can be led to the blog and the possibility of NSFW content. I tried searching Tumblr for a reblog by using unique hashtags, but I'm not Tumblr-savvy, and the search was being particularly uncooperative. However, I would like to credit the artist, because it would be wrong of me not to do so.

Is there a way of me sharing the content without violating site rules, or is said content simply not permitted on Vdex?

Thanks for your time.

Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:10 pm
Leading King

You can link to the content, and add a warning for the possibility of NSFW content. As long as the content you're linking isn't in itself explicit, it should be OK.

Twitter | Reversed Side A archive

Please, ask VDex gameplay questions in the help forum.

Spoiler: show
Image Image

Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:40 pm
Profile WWW

[removed]

Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:08 am

I need a little clarification on advertising. I can't advertise any sales or stuff like that, but can I advertise web games I like and even include my personal referral link that would grant me bonuses?

Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:27 pm
Leading King

Sephiroth123 wrote:
I need a little clarification on advertising. I can't advertise any sales or stuff like that, but can I advertise web games I like and even include my personal referral link that would grant me bonuses?

Yep.

Twitter | Reversed Side A archive

Please, ask VDex gameplay questions in the help forum.

Spoiler: show
Image Image

Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:00 pm
Profile WWW

I have a question~
I have a shop which I have been uh, neglecting in my temporary hiatus from the site, and would like to bring it back. However to do so would be necroposting. Is it okay to post something to bring back your own thread from the dead, or do I have to make a new thread? : 0 (For clarification, my last post in my shop was December 9th)

Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:11 am
Reply to topic   [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next