It is currently Tue May 30, 2017 6:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Forum Rules (last update: Apr 05, 2012) 

Location: My own world of Fear and Loathing... with less drugs
I read everything twice, but didn't see the answer.

Is there a limit to the size of an img in a post when posting/replying?

Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:54 pm

There's no set limit, but it shouldn't stretch the page and should be of reasonable size; if it's too big, put it under a spoiler, if it takes a long time to load, consider placing a link (with a warning about the size) or resizing it instead.

Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:06 pm

is it considered as advertising if i would put a banner http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/274/4/1/da_ad_v2_by_eliten00bz-d4bgv8e.png and a link over it?

Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:19 am
Leading King

That'd be okay since it's a personal gallery, I think.

Twitter | Reversed Side A archive

Please, ask VDex gameplay questions in the help forum.

Spoiler: show
Image Image

Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:31 pm
Profile WWW

thanks for the rules
I have read all and I promise I will fulfill

Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:15 pm

Um, I have a question regarding repeat topics and necroposting. :sob:
I'm sorry if its a dumb question with an obvious answer, but I'm pretty new here and I want to make sure I don't break any rules... hope you don't mind me asking.

Shirogane wrote:
Repeat Topics
Before posting, make sure another similar, active topic doesn't already exist. If a similar topic is found to exist, a moderator will lock your topic.
Punishment: Verbal warning. Warn when repeat offender. Ban when obvious troll.

Necroposting
If a topic is very old, avoid posting a reply unless you have something relevant to say. Topics that have gone over a month without replies fall into this rule.
Punishment: Verbal warning.

If there's a topic I want to reply to, but it hasn't gotten a reply in... a month or more (is it still considered an active topic?), do I make a new topic or just post my reply to the old topic? Also, what if the topic isn't entirely similar to the one I want to post? Thanks for your help!
:yay:

Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:43 am
Leading King

If the topic isn't entirely similar and you're not sure, do make a new topic - if the mods consider it too similar they'll let you know and close the topic you made. As for necroposting, I think making a new topic in the event the old one hasn't seen any replies in a while is valid (might want to note in your first post that's why you're making a repeat topic, just in case).

Image Image

Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:00 am
Profile WWW

Shirogane wrote:
Re: Forum Rules
If the topic isn't entirely similar and you're not sure, do make a new topic - if the mods consider it too similar they'll let you know and close the topic you made. As for necroposting, I think making a new topic in the event the old one hasn't seen any replies in a while is valid (might want to note in your first post that's why you're making a repeat topic, just in case).

Okay, I've noted that, thank you! I'll hope I don't break any rules, even if it's unintentional ^-^

Shirogane wrote:
Signature Rules
You can only display your own party in your forum signature. You may not display other users' parties.

Sorry to be a bother but I still have one more question in mind... :sob:
If we're displaying our party images in another website/blog/forum or anything of the sort, are we allowed to display other user's parties with our own too (assuming we follow the "Party Images Must Be Displayed As Is" Rule)? Since both of use would benefit from the views. Also, is there a limit to the number of party images we can display together?

Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:20 am

As far as I know, that rule only applies to the VDex forums. Shiro doesn't get paid enough to police us everywhere we go, so as long as the images still contain a link back to VDex, you can post anybody else's party - as long as doing so doesn't violate the rules of wherever you're posting them, of course.

Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:09 am
Profile WWW

For large signatures, should we report the post that we happen to see said signature in?

Lately people have been RIDICULOUS with their signatures. I've been seeing more people pushing the limit, and just yesterday I saw somebody with a signature that consisted of 13 images and was 655px in height all together. That is just... unbelievable.

Also, 500px is a bit generous. Taking the above 655px example, if their signature had been rearranged slightly, the signature would still be 505px, but still having the same amount of images. I feel like a moderator would overlook the 5px, but it's still a massive signature. I appreciate seeing beautiful and creative signatures, but having to scroll through a post that's about three of my monitor heights and 2 of those heights are signatures is obnoxious. 300-400 is a much more fair height for everybody involved.

Then again, I feel like all I ever do is jar of pickles and moan about things, but since we're allowed to gie feedback, i'm just giving mine.
(Also if your monitor is 1024x576 as well, you'd probably agree.)

Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:54 am

Shiro's stated before that she's not going to change the limit. If you really don't want to see large signatures, you can set signatures to off in your UCP (board preferences -> display preferences -> display signatures), put people with large signatures on your "foes" list (and thus set their posts to hide by default), or use an ad blocker to not display some of the more heinous images.
But if you do see a signature over 500 px, you should report it, yes.

Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:08 am

I'd rather not go so far as to ignore a person's post just to not have to see their signatures. :x
If the limit won't be changed, then that's that. I'll just settle for reporting any signatures I see that are over 500px.

Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:11 am

Quick question for the language. You said some swears are okay on occasion, so would that mean words used in place of the swear and sound close to it are alright, or no? Just wanted to make sure before I did anything I would regret when posting in this one RP. ^^'

Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:11 am
Leading King

No, it just means that if a swear word slips, it's okay. Just use symbols in place of swear words for RP, if you must include them. Like %#@$@ or some such.

Image Image

Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:54 pm
Profile WWW

I Have A Question About Repeat Topics.
You Know Like One Of The Famous Topics, Hurt And Heal ?
Is It Possible To Make One That Is Like Hurt And Heal: Double The The Hurt ?

Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:07 am
Loner Princess

I... wouldn't see why it was necessary? It's still the exact same forum game, I'm assuming, except I guess hurts do 2 points instead of just one. I wouldn't see the reason for having a second thread, when it's still basically the same game, and thus a repeat.
That's my opinion on the matter, at least.

* Special Nature Doc *

Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:26 am
Leading King

I don't see the need either...

Image Image

Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:11 pm
Profile WWW

Before i do any damage... is it okay for people trollin' eachother on pm if they both agree to do so?
and what about swearing? can people swear on a pm if they agree both its okay?

Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:25 am
Leading King

If it's just mutually agreed upon joking, sure, why not. PMs are censored too, though, so swear words wouldn't make it through.

Image Image

Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:07 pm
Profile WWW

Do we have to ask if we use our current partner in out storys.

Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next