It is currently Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 
◈◉Team Futilizer (comments welcome) 

Entry 1
Introduction

16/02

Do I have to write Dear Diary before I start writing?

I'm Vicente, working with the team brooder, Solhin. In essence, this journal is going to be nothing but us rambling about our daily prey catch count.

Solhin should've been the one to give introductions, I'm no good at this sort of a thing.

We're also going to be noting how things go on the daycare front. Speaking of the daycare, I'm in the middle of a breeding project of sorts. I've become a little fascinated with Pinkan Pokémon as of late (my partner started it and it's contagious, I tell you).
    Spoiler: show
    Image+Image=Imagewith VERY MANLY OK nature, but no such luck as of yet.

On the shiny-hunting front, why are we doing this we're currently in the [redacted] desert. We've been in the desert for the past couple of days or so. I'm probably going to strangle Solhin if we don't find anything shiny someday soon, since this was his idea.

Anything of note has eluded me today, but I did catch yet another of these... things. Today's only catch?! Say it ain't so!
    Image This jolly horror boy is going to be terrifying beautiful when he evolves.

OOC Note: I'm co-running this with Firo! This journal is for tracking our daily catches and daycare happenings, so we're unlikely to ever compile complete lists of everything we already have.

If anyone wants to comment or ask anything, please do! Comments and questions for the characters themselves are also welcome.

Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:28 am

FUTILE ENTRY #TWO.
WELCOME TO HELL! WELCOME TO HELL! WELCOME TO HELL! WELCOME TO

TODAY'S MUSIC TRACK

016/02

THE DREADED SIXTEENTH OF FUTILE DOOMBRUARY.

DEAR JOURNAL OF FUTILITY, YET SURPRISING COMFORT AND ACCESSIBILITY.

I am Solhin. If you are reading this, I am most likely still alive, but, AS ALWAYS, in a perpetual state of discomfort. In an act to PRESERVE the KNOWLEDGE OF MY EXISTENCE for ANYONE STILL ALIVE AFTER THE END OF THE WORLD, I have FUTILELY begun to FUTILELY write down my FUTILE efforts at TAKING PART in this SIMULATION PROJECT.

Being in the SKIN of a TRAINER is a SURPRISINGLY DULL, DEPRESSING EXPERIENCE. I have no idea how ANYONE could have the PATIENCE and MENTAL FORTITUDE to do this.

THIS is MY FACE whenever I encounter a SHINY that is LIKELY TO RUN:

(ACTUALLY, this is me MOST OF MY WAKING HOURS, but WITHOUT THE HAND, usually.)

We are all already [OFFENSIVE TO PREGNANT WOMEN, CHILREN AND SMALL ANIMALS], however, so I MAY AS WELL ENTERTAIN MYSELF before [GRAPHIC LANGUAGE].

TODAY has been SLIGHTLY LESS DOOMED. I have observed SURPRISING SUCCESS from a BREEDING PAIR.
    Image + Image = Image

Because my TOLERABLE COMPANION, Vicente, is [INAPPROPRIATE FOR CHILDREN] BROKE, I have POSTPONED THE FUTILE TASK of BREEDING for him a SHINY RALTS of the DARKEST INTENTS and TERRIFYING VIBES.

INSTEAD, I have opted to begin urging THESE two to "FROLIC".
    (THERE ARE NOT ENOUGH AIR QUOTES IN THE WORLD FOR THAT WORD.)
    Image + Image = Image

The UNFORTUNATE OFFSPRING of these UNFORTUNATELY NAMED CREATURES in the naming of which I refuse to admit my involvement will have the "Magical Girl" nature. I am NOT ENTIRELY SURE what that ENTAILS, but I am CERTAIN that it is NOTHING GOOD.

EVERYTHING IS TERRIBLE.

Today's catches have been MOST UNDERWHELMING.

I am currently hunting for:

I will get nothing. I am doomed. This is futile. We will all die.

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOR?!

Sidenote: Lyrit keeps looking at me in a way that instills in me no confidence, but a fair amount of FEAR FOR MY ONE AND ONLY LIFE. Barricading the windows HAS NOT HELPED. He FOLLOWS ME EVERYWHERE

SEND ASSISTANCE

ask for skype. twitter. flight rising.

pu-to-tyra

SHOPPU.

BUYTHREDDO.

Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:11 am

Entry 3
Eggscellent

16/02

I AM A MASTER BREEDER. ALL MUST KNEEL BEFORE MY BREEDING MIGHT! You had better Enjoy the fruits of my labor, Solhin!
    Image+Image=Imagewith VERY MANLY OK nature! That was speedy. Now to breed some more of these! I CAN'T BE STOPPED.

On the other hand, I caught a couple other things. I'm doubting I will be discovering anything shiny today, but at least I'm expanding my collection of Valentine's Luvdiscs, along with these... things.
    Image Image

My next entry should be lengthier than this. Did I get too excited? OH WELL.

Last edited by Varikset on Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:47 pm

PREEMPTIVE APOCALYPTIC LOG #FOUR.
AAAAaaaaaaaaAAaaAAAAAAAaaAAAAAAaaaaAAAAAaaaaAAAAAAaaaaaaAAAAaaaA

TODAY'S MUSIC TRACK

017/02

SEVEN TEETH OF [UNCOUTH]BRUARY.

Dear DEATHary,

I am INCREDIBLY APPALLED, HORRIFIED, DOOMED, but, most importantly, EMBARRASSED. How dare he put me in this situation?! Sudden gifts are... sudden gifts are...!

Image = VERY MANLY OK male Image

... Lovely, actually, but they put me in a MOST EMBARRASSED state of mind! I had nothing ready! Neither POTENTIALLY HIS LAST cup of tea, nor crumpets THAT SOMEONE COULD HAVE CHOKED ON!

Is that a bad thing?

Probably not. It has delayed his doom if only briefly no one is safe nowhere is safe no one is safe nowhere is safe no one is safe nowhere is.

Regardless, I am MOVING MY OPERATIONS to ROUTE 212. He enjoys his PLANTS, and I am sure that he will find the eventual gift of a MOST DELECTABLE, SHINY BUDEW or ROSELIA very pleasant, the sick [RUDE].

I WILL MAKE YOU REGRET YOUR GIFTS TO ME!

In a good way, though.

Current location: Route 212

Currently hunting:

Image Image

Notable misses:
    Image xMultipleIDon'tKnowDon'tAsk

Lyrit is too invested in my energy levels. I am the one who should be worried after the trip to the desert that was DOOMED to FAILURE.

pu-to-tyra

SHOPPU.

BUYTHREDDO.

Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:05 pm

Entry 5
Someday I can leave this desert!

17/02

What can I say? I'm fairly pleased with how well things have been going today. I haven't had any breeding success, but I've been much more lucky with actual hunting!

I now have a bunch more of ImageandImage! Deliciously Irresistibly adorable, aren't they? They bring cotton candy to mind, especially when they mature.

I love it when a hunt goes well. Sweet, sweet success... I have caught a few more notable things, as well.
    ImageImageImageImageImagex2

MOST NOTABLY! I have caught a wonderfully threatening darling, who has gone to keep Solhin company.

I look forward to getting out from here. Shaking sand out of my everything is getting so old. I'm so jealous of where you are right now, Solhin, and a little bit excited about what you're hunting for.

Still hunting:
    Notable misses:

Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:01 pm

entry 6
caging paper tigers

TODAY'S MUSIC TRACK

20/02

2002002002002002 II00II

drr diary,

too tired to have a sense for the disastrous. good. very good. positively splendiferous.

caught something I wasn't looking for. doomed to failure in the most exquisite ways imaginable.

[CENSORED] Vicente has it now as revenge for giving me things that are nice and make me happy. I hope you choke on the good vibes and pollination jokes, [IMPOLITE].

still looking for [ILL-ADVISED LANGUAGE] plants. is this like looking for some four-leaf clovers? must be, because I sure am not lucky enough to see any!

Currently hunting:

Image Image

Notable misses:

I think I can sleep today.

trivia from years back: for a long while, I called the vacuum cleaner a "NOISE TERRIFICATION CYLINDER". because that's what it is, in essence.

ADDENDUM:

FI~NA~LLY

I HAVE MY REVE~E~ENGE

YOU CAN'T

ESCAPE

ME

NOW!

KEHEHEHEHE!

Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:00 pm

Entry 7
OH MY OH MY

20/02

LOOK AT THIS:
    [REDACTED] SOLHIN GOT THIS LOVELY SNOB GENTLEMAN FOR ME look at him. Just look at him.

He also gave me this... intriguing creature:
    Has he been rummaging through the grass without sleeping for days or something?

Well.

I CAN APPRECIATE IT, regardless!

My own shiny hunt is still on-going... We will see how much longer I have to remain in this dreadful desert. BUT THE FLOWER GIFT GIVES ME HOPE.

I WILL PERSEVERE.

Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:37 am

SCREECH NUM.8
nightmares oviparous laying eggs in my earholes eggs in my earholes eggs in my earholes

TODAY'S MUSIC TRACK

ate of apfel

E S T E E M E D_J O U R N A L_T H I N G,

[SCRUBBED] everything. honestly, it's not like I WANTED to get a [WOW MAN] shiny ralts. I am so grateful for all of this garbage. I might as well go swim in all the garbage. garbage. garbage. garbage.

AAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

[ERASED] doom doom doom despair. despair despair doom. endless suffering. this is fine. I will find it eventually. it will happen eventually. one day. one day. one night. one morning. good morneveningdayighthello.

AAAAAARRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOO

maddening.

that aside. I have been ENCOURAGING these fakemon to """"FROLIC"""".

Image + Image = Image Devoted. Overly so.

Current location: Route 102

Currently hunting:

Image Image

Notable misses:

AAAARRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOO I don't like to think about it.

I don't like anything anymore.

Lyrit helps with my goals. but sometimes, I wish Ada was ████████████

pu-to-tyra

SHOPPU.

BUYTHREDDO.

Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:34 pm

Entry 9
The daily grind...

08/04

It's been a while since I wrote here.

Solhin has given me a particularly beautiful bug:
    However, I'm starting to feel VERY a little anxious over my continuing FAILURE lack of success when it comes to hunting down a fitting prey gift.

I've left the desert behind for time being, and relocated to route 102, though I have yet to see a whole lot to cheer about.

I'm also trying to breed a particular Ralts. One of these Image guys.

Relatively recent catches of any note:
    Image Image

Currently hunting:
    Image Image

Must have patience...

Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:59 pm

Entry 10
w h y

13/04

my patience is wearing thin

I'm CLOSE to completing my search for the chocolatey annoyances, which I would probably DEVOUR if they were real. However, I've had only minimal fortune with my other hunting projects.

At least I managed to get that male Image out of the way.

Catches of any [REDACTED] note:
    Image x 3
    Image x 2

I've managed to catch a Image, which is now with Solhin who seems to ATTRACT the things, what's up with that.

On a lighter note, thanks to generous people existing in this world, I received and hatched a Image, which is much cuter than your average FLAME BEAST. What a fine lizard!

Now awaiting the hatching of Image... I got the BEAST EGG from Solhin, and in return I will give him a Image. HOPEFULLY SOON.

Currently hunting:

Currently breeding:

The Ralts is the enemy.

Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:33 pm

Entry 11
Not horrible.

14/04

Alright, so I moved to hunt in the White Forest.

I have captured a Image and given it to Solhin, as I wanted to. Unfortunately, it's not the [REDACTED] gender I was looking for. Gaaah.

Still, it appears to be a bit rarer than the most ""common"" sort, so that's nice. I'm glad about that, actually.

The hunt continues on, regardless...

Without further ado, the catches that have been of any interest:
    Image Imagex2

Also, why are steel types suddenly attracted to me? Do I have a magnet in my pocket? Har har har.

Right, the FLAME BEAST hatched. It's now a BIG FLAME BEAST.
    It reminds me a little of Lyrit, except for the fire.

Thanks for not literally breathing fire, Lyrit!

Currently hunting:
    Image Image Image Image
    I mean might as well while I'm here, right?

Currently breeding:

The Ralts is still the enemy.

Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:04 am

now you ███████ up. NOW you ███████ UP. now YOU ███████ up.

TODAY'S MUSIC TRACK

16th, jestersmonth

Darling Virtual Parchment That Is To My Liking,

VICENTE, WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU?! Why do you keep giving me these [AHEM] things? Why do you keep giving me [ERASED] gifts?!?!?!?! VICENTE, I FEEL LIKE AN UNGRATEFUL [WIPED]! You should be less NICE to me. Being nice to me is FUTILE. I am too UNLUCKY to return the favor.

But you know, sometimes, gifts don't depend on [EEP] luck. Sometimes, I can FORCE the world to stop giving me [REDACTED] lemons, and present to me [UMM] expensive [UHH] lemonade instead. ON A SILVER PLATTER. WITH A BOW. A PINK ONE. BECAUSE I SAID SO.

Once I'm done with a couple projects, YOU'RE GETTING THE MOST [REALLY RUDE] BEAUTIFUL [STILL RUDE] GIFT I CAN [WASH YOUR MOUTH] MUSTER. YOU, MISTER, ARE GOING TO BE SO [BLEEPING] AMAZED AT THIS GIFT THAT YOUR EYEBALLS ARE GOING TO [HONKING] ROLL OUT OF YOUR [SKRAWK] EYESOCKETS IN AWE. THEY'RE GOING TO [CAR HORN] ROLL UP TO THIS GIFT, AND THEY'RE GOING TO BE LIKE:

"HOLY [SUBSTANCE].

THAT

IS

ABSOLUTELY [BZZT] GORGEOUS."

THAT'S WHAT YOU'RE GOING TO [DISTANT EXPLOSION] GET.

Next Project Queue: wrote:
    Image + Image = Image Murderous thoughts? What murderous thoughts? :)

PROJECT "POP VICENTE'S EYES OUT": Image + ImageImage = Image I feel very... protective... of you.

I WILL REQUIRE YOUR futile ASSISTANCE, VICENTE.

YOU WILL PROVIDE IT WILLINGLY.

Current location: White Forest

Currently hunting:

Approximately Anything That Sparkles

Notable misses:

nothing really

pu-to-tyra

SHOPPU.

BUYTHREDDO.

Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:39 am

THIRTEEN?!
is apparently my [BLEEP] lucky number

TODAY'S MUSIC TRACK

19/04

See, I Finally Got A Hang On The Date Writing Thing,

holy ever-loving arceus' [BLOOP].

t-today's... c-catches I still can't believe wrote:

thanks to Lyrit for making this easy and relatively clean.

i'm in baffled and amazed jittershamblepieces.

wow.

and on to the next battle with Arrengee.

that's all.

Currently hunting:

Image Image

Notable misses:

nothing matters anymore. everything is good. everything is great...

oh, yeah. daycare, please do the thing where you do good things soon. thank you.

pu-to-tyra

SHOPPU.

BUYTHREDDO.

Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:22 pm

Entry 14
Breeding flowers is difficult...

05/06

Hm, so...

I haven't been able to catch anything much of note lately. What is happening to me? Am I finally losing my touch...?

Oh, well. I still have a plenty to be pleased and curious about. Like the following 'mon:
    Image Image
    Image Image
    Image Image

A whole lot of this is thanks to Solhin, as it turns out! I'm ESPECIALLY pleased about the wonderful plants, of course! Speaking of Solhin, though, I'm currently trying to hunt for a Shiny Absol for him, which is why I'm hanging around the Giant Chasm. It's not my favourite place, but it's definitely a stop up from the desert.

I have acquired four eggs. From what I understand, they'll hatch into Mega Gardevoirs and Mega Gallades. It remains to be seen if any of them turn out sparkly...

Currently hunting:

Currently breeding:

Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:43 pm

Entry 15
S-S-SUCCESS

06/06

IT HAS OCCURED.

Image MY PATIENCE WITH THE FLOWERS HAS BEEN REWARDED. Now, I need it to happen again. I want one of those sparkly flowers, too! For myself!

Anyway, I'm glad I was able to finally get that flower egg for Solhin. He deserves some nice flowers. Does this count as a bouquet? A pre-bouquet?

Currently hunting:

Currently breeding:

Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:08 pm

Entry 16
OH ARCEUS

10/08

SOMETHING GREAT HAS OCCURRED. AGAIN!

Image Solhin has graced me with another beautiful bundle of flowers! I AM OVERJOYED. LOOK AT HIM.

Doesn't he just look like the most wonderful bundle of pain joy?

SOLHIN. THANK YOU. BUT! I will get back at you. In due time.

Currently hunting:

Currently breeding:
    ImageNature chaining, nature chaining, nature chaining all day long~.

Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:29 pm

seventeen
decaffeination in progress. please stand by.

TODAY'S MUSIC TRACK

12/08.

HYPNOPHOBIA
    hyp·no·pho·bi·a
    Noun.

An abnormal fear of sleep.

death warmed over.

but I have at least some-[HONK]-thing to be happy about. so, that's rather nice. that's beautifully [TOOT] splendid.

Project Flowers for the Murderplant has concluded successfully.

I'm going to be overseeing breeding efforts with the pair for a little longer, because I want to treat myself to something nice. for once. for once.

oh, and Vicente can be treated to something nice too, I guess.

I've been having awful luck with the monthly specials.

but that is how it always goes.

I am doomed to failure and eventual miserable demise.

"it's all downhill from here," I thought, no doubt, when I hatched from my egg.

sometimes I kind of wish I didn't, you know?

Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]