It is currently Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:15 pm

Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
A journal filled with stuff (comments are fine) 

I am somewhat confused right now. Roughly two hours ago, I retrieved my final SNP Zubat egg from the daycare, but as I was on my phone, I couldn't really be bothered switching pairs yet. So I did that around 40-50 minutes later, so just over an hour ago. I'd decided to use a Bottled Love for the first time ever, and I assumed that it would still take the everstone the other parent was holding into account when it came to breeding speed - so at the highest compatibility, the pair would produce an egg every two hours.

Imagine my surprise when I went to the daycare mere minutes ago to find an egg already present!

edit: read around the forum a little bit and apparently that's how it's supposed to be; still, it was definitely surprising and confusing when it happened xD

Buying thread (special natures) || Trading/selling thread || Journal

Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:59 am

If I'd known beforehand that even with a Bottled Love, it would take my daycare pair a week to give me successful male offspring... yeah, obviously I wouldn't have used the item. They did wave five consecutive female 'successes' in front of my face, but since I need a male+either, those eggs obviously got discarded. Now to wait for another pink croc...

Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:44 pm

A success chance of 1/20 (averaging around 1/13-14), yeah right. I hate being unlucky when it comes to breeding. Even with BL it can sometimes take days to get a success, even though it's possible to get 15+ eggs bred in a day that way.

Anyway. This one?

I feel like its nature+blurb combination is like a perfect representation of me. All it needs now is an Emotional brother. And, in time, probably a Pinkan berry.

Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:30 am

So naturally, my daycare then felt the need to show off after that and, after getting the one above a brother, once a new pair was put in there, it only took three hours before a female success was bred - and after discarding that, the next one to come up was a male success o.O Keep it up, daycare!

Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:18 am

(Daycare is not keeping it up, btw)

Note to self: breed non-shiny males, switch to Rei, breed non-shiny females, then shiny female(s), switch back to Bel (or whomever) when Rei's affection is maximised+breed shiny males.

Because with females I need to use a heart scale+everstone so no room for bottled love, and at least with Rei it takes one day less to get to full affection.

After non-shiny males>>shiny males>>shiny female>>non-shiny females.
Then afterwards breed some more natures currently on females. So I'll only need to switch once rather than now and then again later.

Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:18 pm

Long time, no journaling. But it's been a while since my daycare was bothering me as much as it does at the moment - it shouldn't be this hard to breed a male success with a 1:1 gender ratio. I've discarded seven female successes so far, and that didn't even happen (in a row, that is) when I was breeding Minccino, which does have a botched gender ratio. And since these Pokemon have been in the daycare for more than a week by now, that Bottled Love seems to have been entirely unnecessary. I know I've been lucky most of the time (first successes usually being male), but this is just ridiculous.

e: apparently I should complain on here more often, because it really seems to help somehow?

Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:39 am

Digging up the journal specifically to complain about my current breeding pair (because complaining helped in the past, so maybe it will again). Three weeks in the daycare made for three successes. With 6-9 discards a day and a success rate of 1/20, that's absolutely abysmal if you ask me.

(Now to impatiently wait some more...)

Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:37 am

Yep, back to complain about the daycare again. The offspring is being quite annoying... not being Annoying.

Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:45 pm

Managed to breed all the Pinkans I still needed in just a month :what:
Now to evolve them and then check to make sure I didn't miss a few :P

Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3