It is currently Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:42 pm

Reply to topic  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
A diary of a hungry puff ball. Feel free to post. 

December 10, 2013

Current mood: Really tired.

- So it's final week for me. I would like to send out holiday mail to everyone and to people who were kind enough it to send them to me. But I have a bunch of exams and papers to do. And I spent about a couple of months breeding gifts for people. But I have to wait for it. First I have to takle on the finals. The only time I will log in is to discard eggs for breeding. :/

- To sum up what I will be feeling for the final week with gifs:

Spoiler: show

The Warp Star shop!
Buying: A lot of Sunstones Auction: Nothing Kickass: A Revolution Wishlist

MI time: 12:07 at Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday.

Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:41 pm
Profile WWW

December 19, 2013

Current mood: Tired and happy now.

- SO HAPPY THAT FINALS ARE DONE FOR THIS SEMESTER! WOO! :D Because this semester is really stressful even though I like all of my classes. I went through a lot of challenges and even went through identity crisis and a couple of breakdowns. Despite that I have a rough year, I am also very happy getting to know more some of my friends. It's a crazy year for me is an understatement.

- Vdex related: For the anniversary event. I got about 529 points. I spent on a Troll Mew, 2 Dream balls, one Shiny Gold Mew, one sea map, a Celebi, one Helix Fossil, and 3 berry sets. Despite that I was inactive toward the end of the event, I feel like I did a pretty good job earning the points. Forgot to mention this earlier: I got a Winter Petilil and both of them are regular. I will breed a shiny in the future along with breeding a Autumn Petilil.

- Now that finals are over, I can concentrate sending out holiday gifts to people. However, I face a minor set back. Holiday mail does not allow you to send eggs. That's a bummer since I wanted to send gifts by using the holiday mail, but it's not a big deal.

- To celebrate that finals are over, I watched Puella Magi Madoka Magica Rebellion online. To sum up the movie:

*Spoilers for people who didn't want the movie yet. Please watch it first before reading this. Seriously. Otherwise, the surprise will be ruin. Also contains spoiler for Puella Magi Madoka Magica. What do you mean, you haven't watch Puella Magi Madoka Magica yet? Go watch it now and then watch the Rebellion movie. Both of them are online and Puella Magi Madoka Magica is found in Youtube and Crunchyroll. You have to search online for the movie or go watch it at the theater nearby you. And come back and read this.

Summary: Direct quote from TV trope page: "At the end of the original anime, Madoka sacrificed herself and made a wish that changed the world. In this new world, Puella Magi no longer become the very Witches they're fighting. In this new world, Puella Magi are instead taken away by the Law of Cycles before they can become Witches. And in this new world, Madoka, Sayaka, Mami, Kyoko and Homura all fight together to protect the city of Mitakihara from the new threat in place of the Witches, the Nightmares."

However, something is not right. Everyone is happy, and Sayaka and Madoka are not suppose to be in the world and magical girls are suppose to fight against Wraith. What's going on? Homura finds out that things are not what it seems in this place...

My commentary of the movie with gifs! WARNING, MAJOR SPOILERS FOR THE MOVIE!

Prediction: 1. Kyubey is the one who is rebelling against the new system and tries to overthrow Madoka's system back to hope and despair system to effectively collect energy.
2. Homura is so depressed and starts to lose hope that she will never see Madoka agains and turns into a witch as a result.
3. Nagisa will play an important role in the movie. Somehow.
4. Someone will die in the movie.

- First couple of minutes of the movie: All right, the movie starts up the same way as the 1st episode with Madoka and her family. And Kyubey here too. Seems normal so far. Except I don't trust Kyubey with Madoka when Kyubey tortured Madoka in the series. Anyway, Madoka hangs out with her friends Sayaka, Mami, and Kyoko. Homura is introduced as a new student and to everyone's surprise, she is already a magical girl.

- Cuts to the scene where all the girls are fight against the Nightmares. Hitomi is the victim of the Nightmare and she ends up turning to weird shapes and the scene is creeping me out. A noteworthy line from Sayaka: "Being Hitomi is suffering" sums up Hitomi's situation. Then all the girls transform. Mami is dancing like a ice skater. Kyoko dance like a Bollywood dancer. Sayaka dance like a break dancer (this music does not fit with her dancing). Homura is dancing in her adorable Homura way (with red glasses). Madoka is dancing and in the background, there are several copies of her which reminds me of Walpurgis. Anyway, they shout out "Puella Magi Holy Quintet!"

My reaction was: Are you serious on the name of the team... It sounds really silly.

- It gets weird from here and the traditional magical girl traits pops up a couple of times:

- Like the "Cake Song". Instead of defeating the Nightmare in an awesome way after an awesome battle attacks from each girl, you decide to end it with a silly song.

And then Bebe turns to a scary snake thing and I seriously expecting her to bite off Mami's head. What? I can't be to careful. Anything can happen in Puella Magi Madoka Magica. This is the 1st rule in this series.

- Okay, that was unexpected way to kill off a Nightmare with Charlotte STARING AT YOU IN THE SCARY WAY AND DESCENDS DRAMATICALLY AND EATS UP THE NIGHTMARE. And this is coming from a cute critter...

- After some scenes, Homura starts to be suspicious of the place and the people appeared to have pixied faces. She manage to convience Kyoko to find her hometown. Turns out her hometown does not exist. Homura later concludes that their memories are fake and someone input them. But who? It must be a witch! *dum dum dum*. This is pretty exciting.

- Homura believes that Bebe might be behind it because she was a witch back then and tries to kill her, but Mami won't let her. And then they engage in the epic gun fight. It was mind blowing.

- And then Homura point a gun to her head. WAIT WHAT.

- We find out that it wasn't Mami fighting. It was a decoy. Mami was controlling the ribbons from afar. That's pretty impressive. And bad***. And then Nagisa appears from Bebe for a few seconds to calm Mami. I am pretty disappointed that Nagisa doesn't have a bigger role (aside from helping Madoka along with Sayaka).

- And then Sayaka talks to Homura and Sayaka knows that the witch barrier can't be Bebe because her barrier is nothing like the current one. Hm... Sayaka is more cunning and smarter here. When Homura tries to turn back time, but when Sayaka cuts her time device, I was like:

- Which one of the bad*** moments in the movie.

- And then some time later, Homura finds out that the witch was her all along. And then for the rest of the movie, the scenes are very disturbing and confusing. And I don't know what is happening. o.O Oh gosh, the red spider lillies coming out from her eyes. And there are so much fire and creepy faces all over the place. And Homura's creepy smile. Actually creepy is an understatement. I have so many nightmares just from trying to remember the scene...

- And Kyubey explain what's going on outside the barrier and then reveals that he is planning to observe the Laws of Cycle so he and his alien race can control the law and overthrow Madoka. I knew that Kyubey will plan to rebel against the system... That D-bag. I have a strong desire to murder his own species.

- A battle between magical girls vs Homulilly and the Kyubey race ensues. A scene where Sayaka stab herself to become a witch is really gruesome. o.O There's a heartwarming scene where Sayaka regrets from leaving Kyoko when she died. Awww. And then Nagisa ruins ith by declaring that she wants cheese. XD

- The magical girls won and destroyed Kyubey and Homililly! Yes! And then Homura woke up from her illusion. And then, Godoka appears along with Sayaka and Nagisa. After all the suffering that Homura went through, she finally saw Makoda again. And now Madoka can take Homura up there.

- And then Homura grabs Makoda and drags her down. And decide to steal the Laws of Cycle. WAIT WHAT. WHAT. THE. HELL. HOMURA.

- My reaction remains like the cat throughout the end of the movie. And Homulucifer rule over her false world once again while the rest of the people are happily living their lives in ignorance. And Madoka can't remember that she has God-like powers, but can partially remember her role. And Homulucifer believe that someday Madoka and her would be enemies because they believe in different concept. Homulucifer believe acting upon desire is more important while Madoka believes acting upon by duty.

Review (Again major spoilers for the movie):

I enjoy the movie and it blew me away. Even though the beginning is a little bit long with having 5 of the girls living happily (I enjoy seeing those girls happy), the movie did an excellent job unfolding the story to the audience. I also like that the movie deceives the audience with having traditional magical girl cliches (calling out the name of team, etc) to fool that the movie is light-hearted. Some of the characters develop rather well such as Mami and Sayaka in the fake world. Mami is capable to perform amazing things such as creating a decoy out of ribbon and the gun battle with Homura is one of the best scenes in the movie. Sayaka does play a bigger role in the movie by having some of her memories retain before the fake world is created.

One of the character fall flat in the movie which is Nagisa. Her background isn't flesh out and doesn't play much of the role in the movie. I feel that her human character is created for the fans. The ending is rather a dividing opinion for people who happen to review the movie and I can see why. Homura is willing to make Madoka happy even if she recreate the world while also taking her powers away. Not to mention that Homura is playing with everyone's lives in a totalitarian world and whether or not Homura's actions are justified. The ending is rather ambiguous and the purpose of leaving it ambiguous is the creators can continue to add new series if they wish. I am personally not fond of the ending, but it's not as bad as why Homura turned into the witch. She turned into the witch because of love which doesn't make any sense considering that magical girls turn to witches when they feel despair. How can a positive feeling act as a catalyze for Homura's transformation into a witch?

Overall, I think the movie is great despite the slow introduction and will blow your mind away. The ending however, will depend on your opinion since there are many interpretations and also the ending itself is WTF worthy.

The Warp Star shop!

Last edited by Kirby-Chan on Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:40 pm
Profile WWW

Thanks for the gift, Kirby.
You can always hatch the egg yourself and send it via Holiday Mail. The person who retrieves it will still be the OT. c:

ImageImageImage

Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:06 pm
Profile WWW

Foxamivalth wrote:
Thanks for the gift, Kirby.
You can always hatch the egg yourself and send it via Holiday Mail. The person who retrieves it will still be the OT. c:

Hey no problem Fox! It's always good to spread the holiday cheer! And this is the first year that I breed SN gifts in advance. :D

Hmm... That's possible. But I was afraid that person would already have the nature and is forced to get stuck with it now that I think about... But I will bind on a couple of the eggs for people I know for sure that don't have the nature.

The Warp Star shop!

Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:55 pm
Profile WWW

December 20, 2013

Current mood: Mellow

- Real life: Went back home. There's no place like home for me. I haven't visit home often, so it's going to take awhile to adjust everything. I also need to contact with so many people. I have disappeared to some people, due to the fact that there's so many things I went through this semester.

- Vdex related: Received a couple of gifts and mail from other people. o.O Wasn't expect for it, but I appreciate for every gift and mail I receive. :)

I did not expect this: o.O Thank you Mamori! :D

The name is: Kneel before me.

Wait who I am suppose to kneel to? O.O

- I got a Silver Wing, a Shiny Zubat, retro oddish, and I got an unknown sender. Again. And won't be able to open the gift until the 25th. Who is it? Hmm... Maybe it's the same sender from last year who gave me a r/b Moltres?

- I already gave most of my holiday gifts since from now until January, I don't have a lot of time since I will study abroad. I gave out gifts to people who show generosity in Vdex. Even to some people that I don't really interact to, this is a way of saying that I really appreciate your kindness and giving out to others without expecting anything in return.

- I do not want anyone to feel that they need to give me a gift in return if they receive a gift from me. The point of the holiday mails is to spread good cheer and have fun with it. The best part the holidays is not the gifts, but receiving messages from people wishing you happy holidays and also getting a warm fuzzy feeling when you give an awesome gift/message to someone.

- What I got today: Image Image

I was minding my own business and then I saw a Latios. He's been roaming around for as least a year. I thought to myself: Maybe I should throw a Sparkle ball. I am sure I won't catch it. Right?

Oh wait.

HOW IS IT POSSIBLE THAT IT GOT CAUGHT IN THE SPARKLE BALL WHILE THE EMERALD LUGIA GOT AWAY WITH MAX LYRIT AT 44%?

I also got a cute crystal Omanyte. :) Awww. He looks like he is waving at you. Isn't he the cutest thing? :3

The Warp Star shop!

Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:31 pm
Profile WWW

December 20, 2013

Current mood: Mellow and happy

- Future breedings: Image (For future giveaway) Image (For future giveaway, will be tradelock) Image Image

- Added a section in my journal to keep track of my goals and a section on my hobbies. I still need to add more substance in both of the sections. A couple of the shinies will be used for my 3rd anniversary giveaway (Mar 25). Wow, I feel so old now that I look back the times I spent at Vdex. o.O

- Saw this guy: Image

And it got away even though I use OS. ;_;.

And Vdex is poking fun of me by showing me a crystal Seel after I left the fishing spot. Thanks Vdex, for reminding me of one of my failures. -_-

- I won't be active as much since Christmas is near and I plan to spent time with my family and friends. Happy holidays to everyone and Merry Christmas!

The Warp Star shop!

Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:24 pm
Profile WWW

December 26, 2013

Current Mood: Happy

- Happy holidays to everyone! For Christmas, I got a scarf and hat together. It's cute and I don't have to worry about keeping track of one of them separately. I also got a gift card, and a journal.

- For Christmas, I got a Mean Look from Gacha! O: I adopt a level 100 pokemon and it was holding the TM. Actually, I didn't know that I have Mean Look until I check my item bag and question myself why did I have 2 grey TMs in my bag...

And I also got Crystal Lugia on the 24th! YAAAAAAYYY.

- I joined the Kickass revolution thread now that I got mean look and GB Player. :D I didn't join the thread earlier since I want to lend out at least 2 items and I only had one. Otherwise, it's easy for me to post a GB Player lending service in my shop.

The Warp Star shop!

Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:55 pm
Profile WWW

March 2, 2014

Currently listening to: Variety of songs by Jun Sung Ahn (plays in violin). He's pretty good and I highly suggest you check him out in youtube.

-This is a pretty short journal entry since I have to type it in 10 minutes.

- I am recently active in Vdex again after returning from study abroad and adjusting back to school. I am trying to catch up my classes. Sadly, I keep putting it off. I will try to cut down the amount of time spending in the computer.

- March Parcel doesn't really interest me much. I like a couple of pink sprites, but nothing doesn't screams out "I MUST HAVE IT RIGHT NOW!" for me. It's not in my high priority list, but I want to collect the oddish and their evolutions and a couple of other pokemon.

- I have been in Vdex in almost 3 years! To celebrate, I will hold up a giveaway. I already bought and bred most of the prizes so it should be good. I am not sure how to set up the giveaway. I am planning to have 2 seperate giveaway, one is the small giveaway (for common events and retros) and the other is a big giveaway for rarer pokemon (shiny pokemon, Rainbow Mew, etc). I might plan to do a quest where everyone makes up a description of the SN and the 3 most funniest/ fitting wins something. There might be a winner for the most creative description.

The Warp Star shop!

Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:02 pm
Profile WWW

Giveaway:

Intro/ Rules.

Small prizes

Big prizes

Random raffle

Winners/History

Common retros: Users can choose one retro per day.

Events: Raffle

Easter 2011 (First come first Serve)
Image Image Image

Rare retros: Raffle

Special Nature:

The Warp Star shop!

Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:17 pm
Profile WWW

September 5-6, 2014

Listening to: "Talkin' 2 Myself" by Eminem

This journal entry is pretty much complaining how crappy my summer is. Look, I need to get it out in my chest and I don't feel like explaining to my friends right now.

- After about 3 months of hiatus, I am back at Vdex. The first thing I need to do is to reboot the giveaway again. I left it while I was dealing with the finals and the drama in the spring semester. I am so glad that I am back at Vdex! I don't want to abandon Vdex because I love the community here and I treasured too much on my pokemon to leave them on dust. There are many reasons why I was on hiatus (Some sounds ***** to myself): School, work, stress, and my depression.

***Going more in-depth on my reasons: Summer was pretty crappy for me. Because I was depressed, I wasn't able to concentrate school and my grades went down. I became discouraged and gave up hunting for a summer job after applying to a couple of them and got rejected. Along with depression, I became more irritated and moody. I couldn't concentrate on my homework for more than a couple of minutes and I would surf the internet pointlessly all day without achieving anything. I didn't know why I developed the habit of going online all day back then. The habit worsen for me and I became more anxious. My mind can't stop worrying and it always feel like there's a nagging feeling that cannot go away no matter how long I was on the computer.

Little problems made me feel nervous and I avoided them by going on the computer so I don't have to confront the problems. I thought if I went home, then I can relax with my family and I can bounce back from depression.

I was dead wrong.

Home was hell for me. Sometimes home was great and normal. Other times, I had to deal with the family problems. June 3 was the date I never forget. I can't look at ******* the same way again after that incident. I can't understand that person anymore. I tried my best to help the person, but the person chooses the wrong path and I just... ready to give up. I can't do this anymore.

Spoiler for sensitive issue on suicide thoughts (Younger readers and anyone who is suicidal are not advised to read it):
As I reflected on my school performance and my home situation, I wanted to stop suffering. I wanted to stop the anxiety I am having from all the problems I have from school and home. I wanted to kill myself. I wasn't thinking about how to die in a specific way nor do I plan my death. But I wished that I make myself go away from the problems and the world so I don't have to listen to my voice in the head telling me that I was a failure and a pathetic person for not working during the summer and for doing terrible in spring semester.

I felt pathetic because I didn't have a summer job and I wandered around the city by walking for a couple of months just to get out of the house. In some way, it helps me take off the stress I am having but I am still depressed. I didn't feel like contacting to my old friends at all. Instead, I continued to waste my time on the computer. It didn't helped that I discovered a website where I can play retro games and I got sucked into it.

And I hit a parked car by mistake and the costs are over $1,000. I am not happy. My family is definitely not happy about it. I won't be off the hook for probably for the next couple of years. Hey, Asian parents remember every bad thing you did and remind you about it whether it's subtle of not. Or maybe it's just my parent's case. On the bright side, no one was hurt. So yeah, there is a small amount of good in my summer despite it sucks. I watched a lot of movies (both old and new), read books, and I even get to see my friends again which is nice.

I decided to get help with my depression and I went on therapy. It really helps when I talked to them and the medication helps me cope with depression. I learned methods on how to deal with depression and anxiety by thinking in a different way. By the end of August I got better, but I wasn't ready to go back to school and see the people in the campus.

At September 2, I remembered almost having a nervous breakdown. I was thinking all the negative thoughts and I thought for a moment that I would go crazy. You can't do this. Why bother trying to get your grades up? Getting good grades won't make your home situation better. You fail to control your home and home will always remember your failures. Those thoughts came rushing to my head and I wasn't too sure if I can distinguish between reality and my mind for that moment. But I somehow control myself and calm myself down.

The next day, my friends came back and despite the crazy stuff I have to deal with right now, my friends made me feel better. I laughed a lot more today than I did in the first 2 months in the summer. Unfortunately, two of my good friends decided to leave the school and I was sad to say goodbye to both of them. It won't be the same without both of them.

Despite that I won't be able to see my two friends again, I am really excited for my classes. Better, I have control on depression and now it's not bugging me anymore. All of my classes I went are interesting and I actually enjoy the subject of the class. I can't wait to do the assignments and have discussions with my classmates.

This semester will be different. It's a new start. I can restart again and I have another chance to redeem myself. I will do my best to do well in school and life.

The Warp Star shop!

Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:07 am
Profile WWW

September 27, 2014

Current mood: Thoughtful

- The first couple weeks of school was hectic and I didn't have the time to look back on my life. So far, I love all of my classes and I always looking forward for discussing our readings with the class. One of the classes assign us Anime (how cool is that!) as homework and we get to discuss about how it relates to the Anime culture and our way of living.

- Life wise, I am getting better on concentrating on my school work and I gradually develop a habit that I can still calm under stress by writing down my to do it and focusing on what I need to do rather than the amount of work I have. Most of the time I was able to function well, but at times I get frustrated when I don't finish my homework. One time I broke down and cry, but it helps me to stay focus and finished the homework. I did learn that it's impossible to do everything in my list and it's fine if I don't get everything done. I think I am balancing well on managing my schoolwork without over stressing myself and negatively affecting my grades.

- A couple of my friends my moved away so I am adjusting without them. I still miss them, but I want to branch out to other people in the campus. So far, I am reaching out to other people by chatting with my classmates and asking them to hang out after class, helping out the freshmen, and try to meet new people by going out more. I success and fail at times, but that's what life is about. You don't know if things will work out until you try them and even if you fail, you feel proud that you try.

- Here's my snippet of my weekend:

I had a long week with working on my assignment and presenting to the class. And I got three classes and one hour lab on a friday. So naturally this is what I want to do after school is over.

But unfortunately, I was supposed to be on a retreat and my group and we went scavenger hunting. It was pretty fun and we get ice cream. While we were walking back, I was eating my ice cream and all of the sudden, a bee flew and landed on my ice cream. I said, "Nope nope nope. Don't want to get stung by a bee." And then I dropped the ice cream and then walk away from the site as fast as I can.

The bee was still stuck on the ice cream and my friend killed it. Okkkaaayy then. I know that I don't like when bees fly around me (especially on food), but is it really necessary to stomp the bee to death?

And after the scavenger hunt, I was tired and my mind was like: Naw, you don't need to sleep now, there's too much to do and this is the last chance to have fun before the midterms. So my friends and I decided to go to the dance and learn salsa dance.

My expectation (on my dancing skills):

Reality:

Despite not able to dance expertly, my friends and I have a good time and I glad that I went to the dance. The energy is amazing in the dance floor and you can feel the enthusiastic and passion in the air. I feel like that my problems are gone and all that matters is dancing to the beat of the music and I never want to leave from the pleasant atmosphere.

Vdex related: I caught this gold Moltres on the sparkle ball! :D

After the weekend, now I want to do is this:

Have a good night people (or morning/afternoon if you live in the different time zone)!

The Warp Star shop!

Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:44 pm
Profile WWW

October 8, 2014

Listening to: Kiss From A Rose by Seal & How to Save a Life by Fray

- Vdex: WHY WON'T THE DAYCARE GIVE ME A SINGLE SN EGG? From one month, I only got one egg out from the daycare. And I haven't seen either Azelf and Mesprit despite clicking for a couple of hours. *Sigh*
Meanwhile I stopped the giveaway since I already gave most of the prizes away that I collected from other shops and from hunting myself. And school is taking most of the time from Vdex. I will do a separate giveaway in the future when I am not busy and organize it better.

- Real Life: Aside from writing, classes are going well for me. I receive a test from one of my classes and I thought I did bad on the test, but I got a decent score which is good. Last week was hectic for me since I got papers due at the same day and I had about 5- 6 hours from last Wednesday to Friday. But I got most of my sleep back on Saturday and Sunday by taking it easy.
I don't feel like doing anything since someone passed away in our community today. I went to the funeral along with my friends. We didn't know the person well (I never spoke to her myself), but she was part of our group. I pray for her, her family and her friends who are currently mourning.

The journal entry is shorter than usual because I was tired from work and from attending the funeral. I will go to bed now even though I don't have class until noon.

The Warp Star shop!

Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:51 pm
Profile WWW

October 18, 2014

- I went home for the fall break. Nothing much changes at home. I use the time to relax and to do homework (whose idea is to give out homework during break?) and head back to school again. This week was crazy for me. Homework is stacking up and most are due on Fridays. Yesterday, after school I went to the play and it was pretty good. It was sad and emotional because all the characters are stuck in one place and feel they cannot advance their lives. To deal with their daily struggles, some of them went to the movies while others created their own world. In some way, I feel connected with the characters in the play, especially to the main character.

- Vdex related: I neglected the forum again. It 's because of life in general and I spent time on the internet in other places. I don't feel connected to the forum as much anymore. I will keep playing Vdex, despite that I don't feel the same connection to Vdex.

Anyway, while refreshing for a shiny Sneasal, shiny Shinx, and a Mespirt, I got these pokemon. Wow. I have a lot of luck today. o.O

Image Image Image Image Image

- I suppose to do homework right now (one is due in midnight), but I watched the Ranger and the Temple of the Sea & Pokémon the Movie: Black—Victini and Reshiram. I originally watched Ranger and the Temple of the Sea in raw Japanese, but I fell asleep halfway through the movie. I tried watching it again in English and I had difficulty keeping myself awake. The plot is similar to Jirachi: Wish Maker except with May and Manaphy bonding together. The movie is really boring and Manaphy is irritating whenever he cried. Plus, he doesn't do much (well he's a baby after all), and I feel the movie just drags on and within 30 minutes of the movie, I was hoping the movie to end. I didn't care much of the relationship between May and Manaphy or the villain of the movie. The ending was really ridiculous with Ash shoving May and Pikachu into the pod for no reason and he turns into the yellow glowy thing (seriously I am not kidding) and Kyogre came out randomly to save the temple.

Pokémon the Movie: Black—Victini and Reshiram is a little bit better than the Ranger and the Temple of the Sea, but I grew bored of the movie halfway through and even though the "villain" is somewhat interesting, the plot felt lackluster and I felt disappointed. I expected more of the movie. There were recent Pokemon movies before this that were decent such as Arceus and the Jewel of Life & Girtaina and the Sky Warrior.

Anyway, I should really do my homework now. After eating lunch with my friends. And I need to prioritize things better.'

Edit: Late, but I forgot to post my reaction to a really smutty fanfic: Inspired by this meme

Me: *Seeing a new fanfic from an author* Yay!
Hmmm. So it's called {retract title) This can't be more graphic than the other fanfic that the author wrote I thought to myself.

I'm sure I am prepare for this fic. Read so many smut fanfics that nothing will surprise me.

Reading it: ...

What is he doing with that-

Oh. Okay.

I just got pass the halfway point. WTF? This is so graphic and it's not even over yet. I can't finish this fanfic because I'm too embarrassed but I don't want to stop reading it. O////O

*Reaches the end*

Well...

This is the most graphic smut I ever read. And this is a male/female pairing. Even more than some of the yaoi lemon. It's really descriptive in both physical and intimacy parts.

AND I CAN'T UNFORGET THAT. IN A GOOD WAY. THIS IS ACTUALLY THE BEST SMUT I EVER READ.

The Warp Star shop!

Last edited by Kirby-Chan on Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:04 pm
Profile WWW

October 28, 2014

Current mood: Focused

- Last weekend was pretty crazy with making food for the international food night event. Each organization is responsible for cooking a specific cultural food and each of them cook at a designated house. For my group, we are making Asian food and cooking a salad and banana bread. I have a good time cooking and hanging out with my friends. After cooking, I went with my friends and visit 7 other houses. Naturally, I want to hit all the houses and eat all the food:

First food: Rice with cucumber salad. It's a Hmong food that has cutted cumcumbers with chili peppers and fish sauce.

Review: Tasted pretty spicy which is good. Slightly sweet. Rice is good to keep the spice down.

Second food: Korean rice porridge. It's rice with chicken, vegetables, and broth. My friend who is Korean called it the sick man porridge because it is commonly used for sick people and it's easy to make.

Review: Love the porridge. It's warm and the rice is cooked just right and you can taste the chicken broth.

Third food: Hand made quesadillas & rice water. Everything is made from scratch (except the cheese) from the salsa, the sauces, to the vegetables. Contains chicken, carrots, and cheese.

Review: Really delicious. Best quesadillas I ever tasted in my life. Tastes fresh and one of the best foods I tasted from the houses. Rice water is sweet.

Fourth food: Tibet soup (Thenthuk). They called it the "pull soup" because they have to stretch the dough out to make the noodles.

Review: Soup reminds me of one of my cultural dishes and it tastes great! The noodles are starchy (in a good way) and the soup is hot (in terms of temperature). While eating, we listened to someone who is Tibetan and learned about his culture and Tibetan New Year which is pretty cool.

At this point, I am getting full and I still need to visit 3 more houses. Also, someone handed me another soup (since I visited the house twice with different friends) and I can't let the food go to waste. Time to eat up even though I am so full right now. *sob*. I got too far to give up my quest for food. Time to go big or go home!

Fifth food: Mexican rice with rice pudding.
Image Image

Review: Rice is cooked but bland. Needs some seasoning to add flavor, but otherwise the rice isn't so bad. The pudding was sweet, but it's a little bit hard.

Sixth food: Dumplings served with Bubble tea (aka boba tea for some people)

Review: Dumplings tasted great and the bubble tea is also great too. The tea is not too sweet which is good since I tend to not like bubble tea because most of the time people make it way too sweet.

Seventh food: Hummus and falafel served with pita chips.
What I expected:

Reality:

Review: The group is a middle eastern organization, but they serve some of the food that Americans only know: Hummus and falafel. I believe there's more middle eastern food than these two. I don't like that the group generalize Middle Eastern food into the ones that Americans normally think of their food. Anyway enough of the little rant, the falafel tastes like dust and it crumbs as I dip into the hummus. It's super dry and it tastes nothing like a real falafel. Nothing special about the pita chips and the hummus since both are store bought. Thankfully, I still have some bubble tea left to wash off the dry taste from my mouth.

I visit all the houses and try all the food! Woo! Mission accomplish. And I got a full stomach. Don't care about it anyway.

The only regret I had is uploading the journal entry earlier instead of studying for the exam. And also putting my tumblr in the forum.

Vdex: Got lucky and have these two. I am really proud of my Mesprit. I didn't expect to catch a DP sprite in a shiny ball let alone catch it.

Image Image

Time to head to bed now. Peace out!

The Warp Star shop!

Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:19 am
Profile WWW

January 30, 2015

- Wow! It's been about 3 months since I post in my journal. A lot of things have happen within 3 months. The death of the fellow member in our group, the fersugan rally in our school case, and I can go on from here. I end up having good grades from last semester and I am no longer in academic probation. Which is good. And I feel great that I got myself back up from last year.

- I saw the Valentine's Oddish and they look so pretty! I want to collect all of them, but it going to take time and money to collect all of them...

- I have been inactive in the forum for awhile now and for anyone that is wondering if I plan to quit, don't worry I won't be leaving the site anytime soon. I won't be using the forum to chat since I feel disconnected from community and a lot of people are leaving or are inactive. I will continue to fulfill the sn queue and I might take a break from sn breeding for personal breeding or breed another sn pokemon.

- Since I don't use the forum as much to chat, I move on to tumblr and that's where I am mostly active. If for some reason you want to chat with me and follow me in tumblr, just pm me and I will give you the link. Keep in mind that I do not follow blogs backs. I have 2 blogs: One is a personal blog and it is less active. The second blog is a Yugioh blog where I mainly post revolutionshipping fanfics recommendations, Yugioh & other spinoffs in general.

The Warp Star shop!

Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:04 pm
Profile WWW

February 27, 2015

- It's friday hooray! This week is hectic for me because I have to attend practice everyday for the event. I will be so glad when it's all over. Right now, my classes are keeping me busy. I have to conduct a research for one of my classes while figuring out what I am going to do with my life. I am still exploring my options, but I haven't been accepted by anyone yet. Hopefully I will do something meaningful for the summer.

- I decided to get away from tumblr for at least for a couple of days and use Vdex as a getaway place. I am falling behind requests and it's stressing me out along with other reasons. I have so much writing for my classes and it's hard for me to write when I already have a lot of writing assignments for my classes. When school is over, I don't feel motivated to write because I get tired or discouraged. Plus I am trying to find a summer job and applying for places. Tumblr is a great place for finding a community that shares the things you love, but it's frustrating for me to know who are my friends and who is popular in Tumblr. Looking at conversations from other people I like made me feel depressed. However, I cope myself with talking with my friends in real life and drawing.

- Speaking of drawing, I recently got back into it about a month ago. I was bored one time and I felt I was uninspired for some reason. I want to draw again because I want to do something that is not computer related when I am alone. After a doodle, I remember why I like to draw in the first place: It was one of the best ways for me to express my ideas and feelings that I couldn't put into words. So I experienced a couple of medium and just draw whatever that inspires me. So far, I draw a couple of things from my favorite fandom and from my experiences. I just finish drawing a landscape that is based off my experience from my study abroad. It captures the wonder and awe I feel when I am at a new place and how being in the desert makes you feel more spiritual than in the cities. I'm proud of it. I don't want to post it online because the drawing is pretty personal for me and it's not intended for anyone. I want to draw it because I want to capture the feeling I get from the trip rather than drawing for someone else.

- After getting back from drawing, I noticed that I was being negative to myself on my drawing skills. This has never happen to me before and I think it's because I didn't draw for a couple of years and the fact that I distance myself from drawing up to the point where I compare myself to other artists. This led me feeling doubts on myself and my negative thoughts got into the best of me up to the point where I become anxious when I post my drawing. I wasn't able to concentrate during work because all I can think about is the drawing and I have to take it down to make myself feel better. It sounds really stupid that I became anxious over my own drawing, but I was self conscious on my drawings because I keep constantly comparing myself to other artists. Which is one of the reasons why i need a break from Tumblr because I have to stop comparing myself to other people. I am focusing on finding my own style and what medium I am most comfortable with rather than comparing myself to other artists. So far, I am no longer comparing my drawings with other people and I feel happier with myself and my drawing skills. I'm glad that I got back into drawing because I haven't feel this different type of happiness ever since my senior year in high school. Drawing has help me to not worry so much about what I will be doing after graduating. Whenever I draw, I have a general idea what to draw, but I don't know how it will exactly work out. Sometimes I will start coloring the buildings first or change designs. I don't know what I am doing or what will happen whenever I draw, but I am excited whenever I draw and I enjoy the process. Most of the time I feel satisfied after I have done enough with drawing. Even I don't know what I will be doing, I have a feeling that I will be okay as long I don't give up or abandon the drawing.'

- Well that's enough writing for me. I will be attending a social event and then heading into practice.

The Warp Star shop!

Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:51 pm
Profile WWW

March 1, 2015

Currently listening to Queen "Don't Stop Me Now"

Current mood: Accomplished

- Yesterday was a fun day and I did a lot of things. I danced gracefully in the school event, finished 2 pieces of my drawing, received a male sn egg from daycare, procrastinate my homework, and went to a play.

- Thankfully, the event is over, so now I can focus on my schoolwork and finding a job for this summer. Still have a lot of readings to do...

The Warp Star shop!

Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:50 pm
Profile WWW

March 3, 2015

Currently listening to: "Don't You Worry 'Bout A Thing" by Steve Wonder

- At some point in my day, I end up feeling depressed and cried because someone has unintentionally said something that triggers my depression. Even though I know last summer was in the past, it still hurts and I cannot control myself to not have flashbacks. Well I eventually recover from it shortly and made myself think positivity. If I don't know what I am doing with my life, I can enjoy the small things in life and the things that made me feel happy. This song helps me cheer me up and reminds to take my own stride and think positivity.

- My day isn't too bad after that. Today in one of my classes, we talked about unethical experiments and it was really interesting. This is the first time I am wide awake in this class. I have a hard time staying awake in the class because the material we are learning is so boring and it's a required class I have to take for my major.

- I'm glad that I keep myself busy with school, but unfortunately I have limited time to draw in my leisure time. Boo. And I need a decent camera to take pictures of my drawings. I won't post here but at another site when I am comfortable showing my drawings and after getting more practice.

- Vdex related: I'm more than halfway finishing my queue on omnomnom on Gold Teddiursa. I always love putting fitting blurbs whenever I send eggs to people and it's fun coming up what to write.

The message: "15k for him. He will be a great pet because he gets to eat all of the veggies you hated. Plus everything in your plate. Keep him away from the honey. :P

-I probably do another personal project either with another shiny seasonal petitil or breed a valentine oddish.

The Warp Star shop!

Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:01 pm
Profile WWW

March 14, 2015

Currently listening to a bunch of music. This playlist helps me get through this week:
Motivation music: Till I collapse by Eminem, I need a doctor by Dr. Dre, & Broken Wings by Mr. Mister,

Music that always make me feel happy or confident: Don't Stop Me Now by Queen, Don't You Worry 'Bout A Thing by Stevie Wonder, Q.U.E.E.N. by Janelle Monae, Happy by Pharrell williams, & Born this Way by Lady Gaga.

- Vdex related: I decided to do a giveaway again since I have too many pokemon and I am running out of space. I also create a giveaway thread as a way for me to connect with the Vdex community again. It's nice to do something for the Vdex community that is not related to selling stuff or doing business with other users. I have my shop open, but it's mainly for breeding now. I am aware that I play this site for almost 4 years and I will plan to do something special for my 4th year here. Still can't believe I stay in Vdex for so long. Vdex is one of my longest commitment in terms of forum activity and my interactions with other users.

- Personal related: In the middle of the week, my mood has been improved and I don't feel so negative as much. Unfortunately, next week I will be drowning myself with tests and papers that will be due soon so I will stay out of tumblr until after it's over. I will be around Vdex, but I will hold off the giveaway until the end of next week.

Spoiler is about my personal life and my thoughts are very difficult to follow because it jumps from one topic to another. Plus part of this week, I had a tough time being motivated.
- The other day I experienced deja vu again. I thought I will stop having them. Guess not. One deja vu I experienced was when I was working in the desk and someone asked me to take their shift. The other deja vu was in tumblr and I know for sure I never went to a website with dark blue in the background and white posts that scrolls. Facebook have the same color scheme, but different layout. The phrase "I love your art, I wish you would show more of your art and please don't belittle yourself" triggers me to have a deja vu feeling. I have a feeling I will experience this deja vu in the future if I post my art there.

- On the 8th, I became depressed again. It was partially because someone went through, but mostly because I was unsure what to do in the summer. I felt I didn't know what I was doing and I thought it was pointless doing these things if I end up getting rejected in the end. So I became apathetic. Time moves slower for me as I went throughout my day and I felt out of place in a crowd of people. I was bitter, sad, and angry and I didn't want to interact with people. My mind keeps saying, "Do not talk to me, do not be near me" in my mind. I don't feel like doing anything at all even though I have a paper due the next day. I decided to shut myself down by avoiding interacting with people whenever it's possible and only reply if someone asks me a question. I knew it was wrong for me to act this way, but I was in a depressed state and my mind was murky. I decided to shut myself from tumblr by not logging in and look over in any of the blogs I followed. I also avoid reading the comments because this will lead me to lash out to anyone even though they didn't deserve it. I didn't want to do something I regretted later and I know myself that I overreact inappropriately to small things when I am depressed.

- March 9: I experienced this feeling before. The feeling of hopelessness and bitterness, but I know for sure that I can overcome it because I know how to deal with it. I can't be sad and angry forever and it's all up to myself of how will I face uncertainly and rejection. I can't be sad forever. I'm uncertain of my future, and I don't what I am doing, but I will believe in myself and take one step at a time by planning one day at a time. Thinking in this way and meeting a couple of actors who went through similar things helps me get out of my apathetic mood.

- Not only I struggle with doubts, I struggle with how I view myself in society. My cynical side believed that I don't matter because I am just one person. My opinions won't matter and my efforts are futile in tumblr. I can be easily be replaced by someone and people won't bat an eye and go on without a second thought. I thought of Kyubey when I had those thoughts. About how some magical girls sacrificed their lives to fight against the witches and when they die, no one knows it and how much they went through. If the magical girls die, Kyubey can recruit another girl to become a magical girl and replace them. And for some reason, it reminds me of my attitude towards tumblr. When I thought of this, I question myself: Did I really believe it because I want to be cynical, or because society wants me to become bitter? Does society really not care about my values and thoughts, or it is because I don't think my values and thoughts are valuable to society's eyes and I end up developing a cynical personality to combat against my low self esteem?

- March 11: I realized that it was the second thing that cause me to be cynical and cautious. I combated the negative feelings by running and it made me feel more happy and confident. Running helps me realized that I don't have to be so cynical in order to survive in this world. I can still maintain my ideals. As long I know I have the power to control myself, then I won't feel helpless or depressed. It's fine when I don't know what I am doing as long I am doing something and go with the flow. Stevie Wonder inspires me to go with the flow and I know that everything will be okay. I no longer feel depressed and apathetic. I feel better about myself and I don't feel so down.

The Warp Star shop!

Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:57 am
Profile WWW

April 1, 2015

- Vdex related: Happy April fool's everyone! My internet was goofing off for most of the day and I didn't know there was a "Fool" nature until late at night. Thankfully, I caught a couple of them, along with the Oddish. Daycare is not giving me a Mafiaso Sneasal. Me thinks that the daycare is being scummy like the nature. -_- (Bad joke I know)

- Real Life related: Went dinner with my family and seeing my relatives and have Chinese food. It's so awkward talking to relatives that you haven't see for awhile. It gets more awkward when they ask what are you doing in college and your plans after graduation. I pretend that I know my plans after college, but my mind screams out IDK.

And I got a year of college left to go... ):

- I have break right now and I'm using the time to practice drawing. It started great and stuff, but then...

Me before drawing:

WHAT HAVE I GOT MYSELF INTO? WHY DO I DECIDE TO DO THIS?

Me after drawing:

And now I lost all of my sanity which is why this journal post is weirder than usual. Yeah I think I will be heading to bed now.

The Warp Star shop!

Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:44 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next