It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
A diary of a hungry puff ball. Feel free to post. 

April 17, 2015

- School has kept me busy and I apologize if I haven't been active in Vdex and keeping the giveaway active. I finished an exam and a presentation. I have an annoying project to go (it doesn't help that half of my members keep saying they are plan to do this, but they don't do it at all).

When I was taking an exam, I knew everything and I feel confident about it. And I was like:

But then the questions are really long and the professor have to collect the exam. And I didn't answer all the questions. The moment you know every answer yet you didn't finish the exam:

And we still have to turn it in. This isn't fair.

I have 2 questions left. 2 questions left. WHY DIDN'T THE PROFESSOR GAVE US MORE TIME OR SHORTEN THE TEST? Everyone didn't completed the test and all of us are scribbling like our life depends on it. My friend and I did a dramatic act in the hall and everyone was staring us. XD

- Anyway, friday was a nice day outside and I went outside for most of the day. Went walking around the park and the scenery is simply gorgeous, especially the sunset. It was breezy and beautiful outside. How can I not go outside when the weather is this nice? I have a great day and I feel happy for the whole day.

- My last journal post was pretty weird because it reflects my state of mind when I attempted to draw again. I can't believe that I am drawing again and the fact that I actually draw an anime character for a tumblr challenge. I thought it was crazy, but I went along with it and I enjoyed drawing even though it was crappy.

- My last post was me slipping into insanity because of drawing. RIP my mind. Lost it somewhere when I draw Yugioh Arc V characters. And I believe that I reach to the point where I can't turn back. Once you start to spend time drawing on your favorite shows, you know you are obssessed with it. And now I can't get out of the fandom. When I think about it, that's not bad at all. Unless I continue to draw. And unfortanately, I will draw another anime character, but I will be using a reference instead of drawing chibis. I am still trying to figure it out my style and getting the hang of drawing anime characters. I wonder how this will turn out.

The Warp Star shop!
Buying: A lot of Sunstones Auction: Nothing Kickass: A Revolution Wishlist

MI time: 12:07 at Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday.

Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:40 pm
Profile WWW

April 19, 2015

- I went home for the weekend. This weekend was a really nice day and it's so warm. I can't imagine staying inside all day so I went out for the most of the day. My skin quickly got tan which I am not surprised. If I went outside everyday, eventually my skin will be back to the original color. Friday was awesome. I went to the park and it was beautiful by biking. I also went to see a play and it was the strangest play I ever watched.

- Did some work on the project for the night and I did some drawing. I decided to trace use references and see how it goes. I don't mind drawing chibis, but it's not exactly my style. So I decided to draw Atem from Yugioh and I will use colored pencils to color him. this is the most stupidest thing I ever thought of. why did i decide to do this? his hair is so complicated. who decides to draw his hair like this? You have no idea how much swearing I did while drawing to keep myself sane. (Am I still sane after drawing?)

- So, after wrestling my thoughts, I decided to post the line drawing here to keep my own record. I don't really want to post it in tumblr because there will be people talking about it and I don't really want them to know this yet. I am still self conscious posting my art and uncomfortable on people talking about it (more specifically my friends who are better at drawing than me) because I don't feel like my art is great and I don't think it's worthy enough to let them see my art. I really hope none of my art tumblr friends saw this post. I will be upset if they saw this post and my coloring.

Warning: Large picture. I used a the original picture to draw it.
Spoiler: show

- Time to head for bed now!

Edit as in April 19: I realized that "referencing" is the wrong word here since I just copy the original's pose without adding anything new. I wanted to color the picture for awhile, but I never got the chance to do it. I did not mean to say that I draw the picture since I just eyeball the picture and draw it line to line. It was an honest mistake and I apologize. I will be more careful how I worded out my writing so it doesn't happen again. I feel this picture is "empty" since it doesn't contain my style what so ever. I will color this picture, but I do not know if I will post in tumblr since I just color the picture. I will plan to draw more but I will not use tracing for my next one, but I will refer to Atem (minus from copying the picture line to line) and I will strive forward and become a better artist and find my own style.

The Warp Star shop!

Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:57 pm
Profile WWW

April 29, 2015

Music that sums up my Friday night: Turn Down for What by DJ Snake & Lil Jon.

To sum up last week:

Last week was hell for me. I have so many things going on this week:
Juggling with making telephone calls to thank the donators, running an experiment, discussing about a tv show, and writing a paper for 3 day straight. I crashed and burned on Thursday. I was like a zombie for the past 2 days. There's so many things happening to me up to the point where I don't even know what's going on anymore. Welp.

I was so happy when Friday arrived. When Friday was here and I was like:

-This semester, I feel like my friends and I barely went out. When's the last time we did that? Or went to a dance or a restaurant? Well this year was crazy and I'm busy with school and events I am holding. So since I didn't want to stay at my room and do nothing, I went out. Because this is what I need after this semester destroyed my social life. I thrive when I'm with people. I can't stay in a room all day without anyone or else I drive myself nuts.

To sum up Friday night:

- BEST NIGHT EVER. I haven't felt this type of joy for a long time. TURN DOWN FOR WHAT? OMG THAT WAS AWESOME NIGHT TIME TO GET REK AND STAY UP AT NIGHT. DON'T CARE IF I'M TIRED LET'S HAVE SOME FUN.

... Yeah I have a crazy and awesome night and that I haven't had feel this kind of joy for awhile. So I went to a drag ball and I cross dress as a man. I can pass off as a male if I tuck my hair inside a hat. I wish I draw a beard and a mustache so I can look like a legit man. At least my face is ambiguous that I look like both male and female. My friends went crossdressing also and we get to watch the drag queens and the gentleman kings performing. Dancing was so much fun and I was sweating like crazy.

- Saturday night, I decided since I already went out, I would actually go on tumblr and see if anyone want to talk to me. Well tumblr was dead on Saturday night. ): It was an uneventful night. I kinda wish that I went to the ball, but I didn't feel like dressing up...

The Warp Star shop!

Last edited by Kirby-Chan on Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:28 pm
Profile WWW

4/29/15 - 4/30/15

Listening to: See You Again by Wiz Khalifa

Current mood: Difficult to describe because I have so many emotions right now.

- I swear, Monday night was the most exhausting night ever. I only got around 5 hours of sleep the other day and my eyes hurts so much from staring at a screen. I took an hour of nap after classes are over. I hate Tuesdays because I have classes all day and I don't get a break in between. My research class is driving me crazy. We always have something is due within a couple of days after we turn our hw up. Seriously, can't we get a break? Most of my stress comes from my research class because there's so much things to do. Projects, papers, and meetings. And I'm frustrated with the group and I'm not happy with my grade. Oh well. Thankfully I have about 2 weeks until it's done. There's no point stressing out my grade if I give it all. Anyway, this week is an emotional day for me.

- The other day, I logged in facebook which I haven't done so for awhile and I was looking at my newsfeed and saw one of my good friend (who transferred) posted See You Again video. He wrote that he didn't forget us and he will remember all the memories with us. He also wrote that someday we will meet again... The video fits perfectly with this post. It made me feel sad that I will never get to experience the fun memories I made with my friends last year because the 2 of them move away and everyone is busy this year. It's not the same without them. This year was busy and I hardly saw my friends since everyone and I are doing their own thing. I haven't have much free time. No CAH, no watching films in my friends' room, no going out, no playing games, no goofing off and baking cookies late at night, and no hanging out out of boredom anymore. Now it's all about projects, hw, and spending time with work. Even my friends in student council, we hardly hang out lately outside of work since it's almost the end of the school year. Hopefully everyone will show up at the picnic... I miss my good 2 friends. It was a bad time going to facebook when I have hw due the next day and it was tough for me to concentrate my work because I keep thinking about the song and how much it's relates to my life. The fact that your friend is far away and you wanted to see them again and hang out with them, but you just can't. I can't stop listening to this song and I felt so much sadness, yet happiness and nostalgic at the same time.

-This day was an important day because my student council set up an event for seniors. When I signed one of the senior's note, I realized: This will be me in one year. And it frightened me. And the fact that nothing stays the same forever. The founder of the program I am part of will be leaving this year. It's so sad for her since she had been running this program for more than 15 years at least. I can't imagine from what I built and for her, this is one of the biggest accomplishments in her life. She is so dedicated to help students to be successful and it's so sad that she is leaving. The program will continue with someone taking over and I can see her again, but it won't be the same. I know that I will never forget her because she's an amazing and kind person. I was so sad that my senior friends are graduating and so many people are leaving. Everyone cried in the end. By the time the event ends, I was emotionally drained. I was happy and sad that the seniors are graduating. I didn't feel like going to a meeting, but I have to go and I forced myself to go there.

- What's frightening is that we don't know if the things we rely or hold on as important will be always there. There's no guarantee that I will continue to post in Vdex, that I will post in facebook, post in tumblr, seeing or communicating my friends in real life and online. There's no guarantee that the friends I made in tumblr will still talk to me in the next couple of years from now on. Looking back on my vdex account, I have been hear for about 4 years and this is the longest time I ever stay in a forum. And it's amazing how long I stay here and even if many people are gone, I am still here. I made friends here and I'm glad that I am still posting, even though I don't post a lot as usual. No matter if I use tumblr daily (not in tumblr now since I have end of the year projects and papers coming up), I still can't let this site go.

- I'm writing this in 1am because I can't sleep because of this day. There's so many thoughts I have that I want to get it out. I want to write the thoughts before I forget. I don't want to forget them. And now I'm trying not to cry as I am writing this...

- As long I am writing this, I won't forget the friends I made and the journey I am still on from the time I remember until now. As long I continue this journal, I will still remember the events happening from me from 2012 to now.

- Nothing will last forever, but you can cherish the memories you made with other people. The memories you made with your friends will stick with you always.

- This is one of the longest and emotional post I wrote and I felt so tired from everything is happening and changing all in once. Well, I should head to bed now since I need to wake up early for class. Good night.

The Warp Star shop!

Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:23 am
Profile WWW

April 30, 2015

- Oh my goodness, I'm so emotional this week. There are so many things going on that made me feel so many emotions all in once. (I'm trying not to cry again as I'm writing this).

- I don't normally talk about things related to my identity because I don't like people knowing what race am I and etc., but this day is very important to me. It's the fall of Saigon and this is the 40th year where South Vietnam surrounded to North Vietnam. To some people, it's in the past, while others see it as a celebration. I'm not surprised to see there's a lack of Fall of Saigon posts in Tumblr (hell, the people that I follow who posts remembering the past stuff don't even mention the Vietnam war) since the Vietnam war is so long that it's not as relevant as much as it was within 10 years ago. This is one of the reasons why I don't go to Tumblr because the posts I will get are the things I like (Yugioh, funny stuff, etc), but it means nothing for me because I feel that it's important to remember this day. I feel sad that there's not a lot of Vietnamese people (and for people who were affected by this day) posting this in Tumblr and remembering how this day changed their family and their lives forever. It made me feel alone that there's not one blogger who I follow can relate to this day and the experiences people went through. For the first time since 10 years ago, I felt I was alienated. Which is why I reached out to my real life friends because I know that they went through the similar experiences I have. Online doesn't do it for me.

- In Vietnam, it's called Celebration of Vietnam or "The Liberation of Vietnam" where everyone takes the day off to celebrate this day because it's where the North and the South Vietnam reunite again. To me, and the other Vietnamese American people who have their parents being forced to run away from everything (family, home, their culture) and came to a foreign place, this is a mourning day. Many Vietnamese, Hmong, and other people who were caught in the war flee from the country, including my family. Some, stayed in refugee camps (or took a bigger risk and use a boat) and waited for an opportunity to move to U.S. and they have to learn everything and try to figure out how to survive there. That's my family.

- This day is so important to me because it reminds me how much my family has struggled just to come to the U.S and try to survive here. This post speaks to me so much. If my family didn't flee from Vietnam, I don't know if they survive or I would be born. If I was born in Vietnam, my life would be completely different. I might be indifferent to the Vietnam war and I might not be here. Maybe I wouldn't be able to write English well or even know this site. I admire my family for being strong and for everything they did for me. I'm so grateful for everything and that my family is very strong for adapting in U.S and still have strong connection with the extended family. This is why this day is important to me. They sacrificed so much and went through hardships I couldn't imagine. This is why I won't forget this day. Not only because of my identity, but because it reminds me my family's struggle and I should never forget what they did. This day changed my family's life and shaped up where I am today.

- To the Vietnamese and Vietnamese Americans who happen to read this and feel the same way as me (if they manage to come across this site), I am joining with you to remember and mourn this day. May we never forget what our family and relatives did and the adversities they faced to come to another country and work hard to have better lives for themselves and for us.

The Warp Star shop!

Last edited by Kirby-Chan on Thu May 14, 2015 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:27 pm
Profile WWW

May 7, 2015

Current mood: Tired

- Lately my posts are personal huh? Well I should post more Vdex related posts.

- Bred a shiny Summer Seasonal Petilil. Named her Sunny D to fit in the theme.

- Haven't refresh for pokemon for a long time. I join in the chocodratini event and try to catch the pokemon. Somehow I try to catch 6 of them in an ultra ball and all of them escaped. Funny thing is, I saw Tornadus and it took me one time to catch him with a pokeball. Right now, I'm breeding a Slight Aftertaste nature on a silver Gligar. I might ask others to give out suggestions for the next nature.

So far, I caught:

Image Image

- Tired from this week. I got major projects due along with papers and a presentation coming up as well with an interview. Next week is finals for me along with picnics and events that I can catch up with my friends.

- Lately I noticed that the views for this journal has increased dramatically for the past few days. It's amusing how this journal has more views within a short time than my shop. I'm curious. Who's reading my journal? Too bad the forum doesn't show who's viewing a specific section with a time stamp because it can help me know if there is one person who visits my journal regularly or if there are several people visiting here. Hopefully none of my followers from tumblr knew about this journal... But I think they don't know this site because otherwise I pretty sure someone from tumblr will call me out for my earlier posts with the coloring... I'm feeling paranoid because of tumblr and I purposely leave out personal information (race, and other characteristics that describes my appearance). It's harder to relate to people in tumblr personally (not by interest) than in real life for me since well... it's harder to connect with someone through personal things (culture, religion, race, etc) and you can't physically hang out with them by going to places and joking around. It's part of the reason why I decided to leave tumblr for awhile (for a good period of time) and the last post reflects my bitter feelings towards tumblr. Guess what? As much I love the content I saw in my dashboard, it's not going to solve everyday problems of being so busy that my friends and I hardly hang out, it's not going to solve the issue that I faced in my last post, and it's not going to solve some of the issues that tumblr overshadow on things I consider important for myself (specifically remembering your origin and being grateful to your friends and family for everything).

- I have a feeling that the people who visited this journal regularly are the people who I trade with them but don't really talk to me in vdex. And I know there might be one person who I often talk to Vdex visits this journal. And I have a feeling that the person who was concerned about me in vdex last year also visits this journal. IDK maybe I'm thinking way too much into this. I want to know what sparks their interest for reading my journal since majority of the post are about me talking about my life and not so much in recording what I catch in Vdex.

- I feel bad for not really talking to anyone in Vdex (in a personal level) lately. It's nothing personal and I will start communicating to others once I got my personal stuff down and have the time to reflect myself (as well as studying for finals).

- I'm happy that I use the time off from tumblr and other sites to spend time with friends and going events. It makes me happy just going outside and just joking around with my friends. And I feel happy that there are people who trust me to tell things because they know I listen and little things like that made me appreciate the little things in life.

The Warp Star shop!

Fri May 08, 2015 12:15 am
Profile WWW

June 12, 2015

Listening to: See you Again.

- Sorry that I didn't update the journal for awhile. A lot of things happen in May. Projects and events planning was pretty much my schedule until school is over. After I finish with finals, I was thinking about how to word out my 3 week absence in tumblr. Now I know if I don't update my tumblr often (less than once a week,) 3 weeks isn't unusual and no one will really question my absence. But since I post almost everyday there, I'm not sure if anyone will be convince on my simple explanation that finals are taking over my life. I created 2 versions of the explanation: One is a short, yet cheerful version of me explaining that I was busy with school and events and despite that, I still have time to spend time with my friends and catch up. The second version is a longer version of me going into detail with my 3 week absence and I was more bitter in the second post than the first one. I don't want to mix up my own problems with the short explanation and I figure that no one would read a long post, so I made a happy post on the first without going into detail about the real life things I went through. The second post was for myself (though I should have write the whole thing here instead...).

- But anyway, another year is done for me! I was working for a couple of weeks at school for extra money. There's not the moment where I don't have to worry about money. It's not easy paying for school. As much my family wants me to help me with the money, they can't really pay the whole thing. How I pay for it? I have to work a lot and this year is the busiest for me so it was difficult to juggle with work and school. Not to mention that most of my friends are as busy as me and we don't spend as much time as before.

- I plan to spend my summer catching up with my friends. Will plan to put more effort into it. I should try it tonight. Meanwhile, today I was not feeling well and the anxiety feeling came back again. The last summer's memories was triggered from me remembering the stress and I was constantly worried (no I do not have any thoughts on that). I was trying to keep my thoughts positive and it worked. I was determined not to experienced the same trapped feeling that I went through last summer with depression. It really helped writing this down as well watching my favorite funny videos on Youtube. I also watched a bunch of tv shows with my sister and it helped me. If I write any of this in my tumblr and write in the word "depression", I swear I will be bombarded with texts and I don't really want to explain any more than I should (because I already move on) because it will be more harmful than helpful. Thankfully, I didn't go into details and if I mention the last year's journal post on the whole thing in tumblr, people will be constantly watching me like a hawk and be really concerned about my life. The last year's journal post is dark and I wouldn't want my friends in tumblr to know it because it's already over and it's disturbing. Beside, I use the journal to rant out my rl stuff that I couldn't do so in tumblr and I don't have to worry about mixing my rl with my fandoms. Plus, I don't really want to alert my tumblr friends.

- Vdex related: Still breeding the Legendary Silver Clefairy. I need the last male before I move on to the next project. I made this blurb (one of my favorite ones): "17k for him. You will be amazed on this Clefairy. You will win all of your pokemon battles just by having him on your sign. Let me tell you, you got the best deal by buying from me! The Magikarp seller is nothing compare to this discount. XD"

Everyone gets the Magikarp salesman reference. I'm pretty sure if I ask a bunch of 12-13 year old if they know the Magikarp guy, they wouldn't know and I feel old. I feel sorry for the young people who never heard the Magikarp seller from the first season of Pokemon.

btw buy this Clefairy now. it's not an ordinary Clefairy, it's THE LEGENDARY CLEFAIRY. XD. you can't miss this good deal. XD jk.

The Warp Star shop!

Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:51 pm
Profile WWW

June 16, 2015

- Vdex related: Haven't really pay attention what's going with Vdex lately. Thankfully, there's not a lot of things going on there. This month's roaming legendaries are Reshiram, Zekrom and White & Black Kyurem. I already have all of them except for the B/W Kyuren, but I don't really want to collect them. I'm still breeding for a male Legendary Clefairy and no luck. Boo.

- Tumblr related: Someone sent anon and asked me about myself. I was surprised by the question. Someone wanted to know my zodiac sign. It's odd since if the person tries to get to know the blogger, a person would ask about what shows I watched and my interests. Zodiac signs are fun to read, but they are not always accurate. If the person tries to pinpoint my personality through a zodiac sign, they are sadly mistaken. Because some of the traits don't match up with me and I fit in with some of the traits for other Zodiac signs. There's little benefit for knowing my Zodiac sign really except for knowing which category I belong to in the Zodiac signs posts. You know the ones that said "person who read fluff" & "person who reads smut" and then lists the signs in? Yeah these type of posts. I don't know who since it's anon, but I have a strong feeling it's one of my followers and my instincts are usually right. It's difficult to pinpoint who is it because lately I have more people following me lately and more people checking out the blog. I think the anon is someone I talk to or reblogs my stuff from time to time and the anon is interested in knowing me more, but is unable to figure me out. If it's one of my followers who I to regularly, I'm not sure why they would ask me anon since they can ask me myself in private. Maybe they want to know me more, but is too self-conscious to ask me? Meh, I end up overanalyzing this but I need to get it out my head. I bet it's one of the followers that I regularly talk to because a random stranger won't get much info about me just by my zodiac sign.

The Warp Star shop!

Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:52 pm
Profile WWW

July 8, 2015

- Last month was unexpected with the drama at home. This time it happened to one of my family member. I swear, that almost every year I went home, something happens at home. I think this year is worse than last year. One of my family member end up doing something that can endanger her health. I won't go into details, but I did take the person to the hospital and my family member is okay now. Honestly, I rather go through depression again (from last year) than to see my family member experience this drama.

- Anyway on the brighter note, summer is alright for me. For fourth of July, I went to Las Vegas with my family and cousin for a concert. We stayed there for 4 days and it was really hot. At first, I was kinda bummed out that I couldn't go to nightclubs since the place I went to is basically good for if you go with your friends. If you go by yourself and get a drink, it sounds depressing. I'm not really fond of drinking tbh, so I'm okay with sightseeing and eating out. Besides, I have a small stomach and I need room for delicious food.

- Funny thing is, I'm old enough to gamble and drink, but I look like a teenager. It doesn't help that my younger cousin looks older and is taller than me. So when my cousin and I went walking by ourselves, I'm pretty sure that people were thinking: "What are those kids doing there late at night?" And I want to say: " Hey I'm 21 years old man." It sucks when you look younger than your real age. People can't take you seriously when they look at you.

- On July 5, we saw the concert. It was over 5 hours and it was fun. I enjoy most of the songs and hearing the old songs again. I hate all the pop songs they sang, but the performances are good to make up for the song. The comedy skit was so hilarious and my stomach hurts so much from laughing really hard. After the concert, we spent all day at Chinatown. Food was expensive so we buy a bunch of Banh Mi and croissant sandwiches. Croissant sandwiches are the best especially when it's with cheese, ham, and egg. The next day, we went to a really expensive mall and this is the most pretentious mall I ever went. It has fancy statues and it played French music to top it up the snobbiness. We went walking around stores and had lunch. My cousin and I discovered a secret pizza place and the food was really cheap and good considering that all the restaurants in our hotel cost at least $15 per person. Not to mention, our hotel charge outrageous prices for food and drinks. It cost $5 for a glass of milk and $7 for a 20oz water bottle. We went to Chinatown again and ate Korean food. The food was alright though. We bought Banh Mi again for tomorrow. On the last day, we pack up and left our hotel. We got home and we went to my younger cousin's birthday party. It was fun and we finally went home. It was a tiring day and I just unpack my things and went to bed before midnight (for the first time ever since last year).

- Vdex related: Breeding Delectable Silver Slowpoke right now. I was thinking about closing up my current shop and open a small breeding shop since I'm not as active in vdex and it's easier to manage.

Blurb: "10k for the Delectable slowpoke. You can enjoy it with rice, noodles, or any bread. The tail is the best part!

Definitely not part of team rocket. *shifts eyes*"

The Warp Star shop!

Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:09 pm
Profile WWW

November 16, 2015

- Wow, it's been a long time since I have been in this site. To be honest, I lost my interest in Vdex. It's because life has gone busy and I'm always in tumblr. I don't know how to say goodbye, but I was thinking about writing a formal post in my journal. Before that, I need to answer some unanswered PMs before leaving. I will do that around Thanksgiving break.

- It's really sad that I lost interest in the site because this is the longest I have been in a forum and I'm happy that I made a couple of friends here. I love the Vdex community and I won't forget you guys.

Edit: Future giveaway (Goodbye one): http://vdexproject.net/poke.php?id=3349802

The Warp Star shop!

Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:16 pm
Profile WWW

January 30, 2017

- I decided to log in vdex out of the whim and I'm sad to hear that it's closing soon. I am not surprised, but I still feel sad. Wow, I can't believe that I spend 5 years in this site and how much life has changed for everyone. I think this is the longest time I committed in the internet.

I guess that no matter how much you wish, nothing good last forever. And I hate saying goodbyes to things that are important to me and I'm not usually an emotional person when it comes to goodbyes.

I will post for contact info if people still remember me and want to keep in touch.

The Warp Star shop!

Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:03 pm
Profile WWW

February 10, 2017

- A lot has happen to me since I left this site. To summarize what happened to me (for those who are curious for some reason):

I went study abroad and graduated from my university on Spring 2016.
I applied for several jobs and I'm currently working in Americorps.
I visited my relatives in Australia.
I went to Chicago alone during my fall break.

After the 2016 election (aka the ****storm), things got chaotic. As an American, it's very disturbing that someone who is sexist, bigot,and xenophobic end up winning the election. I'm not going into detail with politics, but majority of the people are angry and getting sick of the news. People who were once kind and friendly are Trump supporters of him which cause tensions with other people. It's very difficult to trust other people because the people who treated you with kindness are the same people who support hate speech and would be so hateful to people who are different from them.

Eventually, I started to trust people again but I am more cautious on what topics I discuss people with.

A few weeks ago, I became very frustrated and angry at myself. I exposed myself to numerous amounts of U.S news that I resent myself and others for enjoying tv shows and having the ability to do so while other people are feared for their lives. As a result, I was resentful to tumblr and I could not join in a conversation nor post my favorite series. I stayed out of tumblr and haven't visited anyone's tumblr for the sake of myself and other people. I needed some time to recover and handling my anger towards the U.S government and took some action.

I managed to balance out between my real life and taking care of myself. Overall, I feel better, but I still have to get myself to watch my favorite series without feeling guilty or resentment. I will go back to tumblr either tonight or tomorrow.

Edit (as in Feb 11): I got the courage to log into tumblr. It sounds silly, but it took a lot of willpower to see my own blog and the dashboard. I was frightning that I would be depressed or angry from being exposed to my favorite series. I was afraid that would end up becoming frustrated just like last week because I feel guilty for having the luxary for enjoying my favorite shows in my spare time. There are people especially refugee and immigrants who are worried about their lives and have to watch themselves. I really care about the refugees and the immigrants and took action for the past couple of weeks. Whether it's bringing more awareness to other people or volunteer, I balance between that and taking care of myself. I started to enjoy watching my favorite shows and enjoying my hobbies again.

It's okay for being angry, so long it drives you to do things you are passion about and you are not letting your anger taking over your life and forgetting the good things in life.

I'm feeling better now, but I'm not 100% and it's okay. You can't suddenly become happy in one night, you have to pace yourself. I am a lot better than last week and I went around town, hanging out with some of my coworkers and friends instead of being on the computer all day. At first, it took effort to get myself out more and relax, but gradually I became happy.

The Warp Star shop!

Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:01 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8