It is currently Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:56 am

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Journal Subforum + Rules 
Leading King

Added thanks to member suggestions and a recent reminder, this forum is a place where you can make a topic to keep track of your own progress in the game, or just show off your stuff/collections/most recent catches/et cetera.

Each person is allowed to make only one topic for themselves. You can share a topic with someone, but you can't be in more than one topic (so you can't have a shared topic and your own topic). You can post in other people's topics, but if someone asks you not to, then please don't.

The topic's owner is allowed to double post, but not bump (or masked bump, which is making many small updates in a row). You can't double post in a topic that isn't yours.

Post count does not rise here.

Please do not use this section as a chatroom - post only when it's relevant to the topic you're replying to.

Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:13 pm
Profile WWW

May I ask a question on here?
While posting in our journal, how many times per day can you post?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Image Image Image Image

Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:11 pm

I am just curious, but how would you reply to a journal? Thanks for this subforum, by the way!

cbspvjsdk blah blah blah
bst signtur evr

GIVING AWAY
XMAS BAUBLES

CLICK ME!!

Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:30 pm
Leading King

I don't know, why would you reply to a journal? You'd reply to it if you had a reason to, that's not up to me to decide.

You can post as many times as you wish, Teilayh, unless it's really blatant single post spammy things like a separate post every few minutes for every single thing you catch.

Twitter | Reversed Side A archive

Please, ask VDex gameplay questions in the help forum.

Spoiler: show
Image Image

Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:05 pm
Profile WWW

Would doing a sort of RP journal post be okay? I mean something like this, "Blast! I found a magnificently golden Poochyena today but it quickly disappeared into the grass. Yet another day of non-successful hunting. If not for my faithful Zorua that continues to stay by my side and encourage me, I am sure I would have left for my home in the Battle Area a long time ago."
(Also, thanks for making this! :D)

Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:12 am

I think someone else is already doing something like that, so I think it's okay. xD

art by knightowls

---

Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:26 am
Leading King

Yes, it's perfectly okay!

Twitter | Reversed Side A archive

Please, ask VDex gameplay questions in the help forum.

Spoiler: show
Image Image

Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:45 am
Profile WWW

this might be a dumb question but could i do a berry journal for my shop so i can keep up with all of the orders i have instead of having to write them down in a notebook *i keep loosing* thanks for the sub forum

ImageImageImage

Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:01 pm

You can use your journal to keep track of your progress, which includes berry planting and breeding schedules, for example, so no problem with that!

I don't want your love unless you know I am repulsive,
    and love me even as you know it. (Georges Bataille)

MAL / goodreads / Backloggery

Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:06 pm

ok thank you just making sure ;)

ImageImageImage

Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:32 pm

is alright to add maybe a little bit of my schedules in real life? because i have no where else to track them. :-) thanks in advance!

Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:05 am

My question is sort of similar, instead of doing it more game based, can we do like a journal of our real life. Just curious cause I'm an exchage student, and lots of very interesting things are happening that others might find entertaining to read

And if I felt like it, it might include some of my Jirachi wins fails and other online stuff but just curious if it can be off site :)

meeting you was fate, becoming your friend was a choice, but falling in love with you was beyond my control

Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:56 am

@Shiro, you know you said about why people would reply to journals..

would this be something like (Example time):
"Pogeymans missed today: Shiny Ditto + Shiny Growlithe :cccc"

Someone posts: Aww no that sucks :(

Would that be considered an acceptable reply? Stupid question I know, but I just wanna make sure xp and of course other things to comment on too.

Also, what if say... I was saying berries I've picked/planted etc (which I have) and someone posts asking about berry trades.. would that be a no-no for this? And would it be necessary to report it, or just ask the person to not ask about trades? (once again, silly question I know, so sorry about that xp)

Thanks in advance c:

Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:45 am

I think replying depends on the journal.
There are people who welcome posts in their journals (like Lethe, or Atroquinine), and there are those who would be very upset (like me). I think it's best if you write in the first post which group you belong in.

ImageImageImage
My Shop and Auctions

Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:57 am

Oops, apologies to those of you who posted questions in here - I didn't reply because I wasn't certain and thought Shirogane would have a look sooner or later, buut... On the subject of journal content: I don't think that including RL happenings in your journal should be a problem (just make sure not to reveal too much information for your own privacy) - not sure about a journal exclusive to non-VDex things though.

I agree with Draconic on specifying in your first post - or somewhere else in your journal - what kind of comments are welcome; if you aren't comfortable with people offering berry trades or offering/asking for Pokémon, say so.

I don't want your love unless you know I am repulsive,
    and love me even as you know it. (Georges Bataille)

MAL / goodreads / Backloggery

Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:03 am

Lethe wrote:
Oops, apologies to those of you who posted questions in here - I didn't reply because I wasn't certain and thought Shirogane would have a look sooner or later, buut... On the subject of journal content: I don't think that including RL happenings in your journal should be a problem (just make sure not to reveal too much information for your own privacy) - not sure about a journal exclusive to non-VDex things though.

I agree with Draconic on specifying in your first post - or somewhere else in your journal - what kind of comments are welcome; if you aren't comfortable with people offering berry trades or offering/asking for Pokémon, say so.

Draconic wrote:
I think replying depends on the journal.
There are people who welcome posts in their journals (like Lethe, or Atroquinine), and there are those who would be very upset (like me). I think it's best if you write in the first post which group you belong in.

Okay, thanks you two ^^

Yeah, when I posted the question I wasn't even doing sketches in it... but now I am I guess it's alright xD

Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:24 pm

I'm looking forward to making a Slenderman RP journal here, with the my days catches, daydreaming about my lovely Noir, and of course, stalking the local pokemon~
Will come with art!

Thank you for this update, I'm already having fun stalking people~

Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:19 pm

Would it be alright if I put a friends Pokemon party in my post?
Like that? (That ones mine of course lol). See, I got a friend of mine to join, ~Ueala and even though she doesn't play much since school limits her, I'm trying to help her make moneys too.
That way when she decides to play, she won't be all sad 'cause she's broke all the time. >.>;;

Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:35 pm

The Forum Rules state you can't display other people's parties in your signature on the VDex forum, and I'd assume that extends to posts.

Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:17 pm

Flapdragon wrote:
Would doing a sort of RP journal post be okay? I mean something like this, "Blast! I found a magnificently golden Poochyena today but it quickly disappeared into the grass. Yet another day of non-successful hunting. If not for my faithful Zorua that continues to stay by my side and encourage me, I am sure I would have left for my home in the Battle Area a long time ago."
(Also, thanks for making this! :D)

I know you okay'd this but I just wanted to confirm that if I wanted to do something like this, it's still alright. I think it's considered RP, and I do talk about what I caught that day, but it's sort of fanfiction-y? There's a conversation with Ada? Is that okay? Or is this more Writing Corner material?

(And also is it okay if Ada's in there? At the very top there's a note saying that she belongs to Shiro...)

Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next