It is currently Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:35 pm

Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Guide to Catching Legendaries-Under Construction 

As I really don't play Vdex much anymore, this probably won't get updated.

ImageImageImageImageLegendary Summon ItemsImageImageImageImage

Some items are currently not available, but the ones that are available are obtained through maxing happiness with partners, see here. Other items, such as Adamant and Lustrous Orbs can be found on the ground, and the Red Orb and Magma Rock can be purchased at the PP shop for 500 PP each.

ImageImageImageLegendary LocationsImageImageImageImage
Refer to the quick reference below to see where you can catch the legendary. When you go to the location, you will see a small icon of the legendary. Click on it, and you will only see that legendary, so you can keep refreshing until you get the retro that you want. Also, because their catch rate is low, I would suggest using dusk balls at night time. Note, you can't refresh for a shiny-if it is not shiny the first time you see it, it will never be shiny no matter how many times you refresh.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageThe Pokemon ran away!ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Some Legendaries are roamers. These Pokemon will always run away if you try to catch it with your first encounter. The way to find them is to travel to different locations. Every time you change locations, there is a 1% chance of running into it. Some examples of roamers are Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Latios, and Latias. You can also have multiple Pokemon roaming at the same time. If you have multiple roaming at the same time, then the chance running into one is 1/100, and then it decides which legend to show up. For instance, if you had all three dogs roaming, then the RNG will randomize to see if one appears. If it is positive, then it is a 33% chance for suicune, 33% chance for entei, and 33% chance for raikou.

Quick Reference

Kanto Legendaries
Spoiler: show
Kanto wrote:
Icon | Shiny Icon | Means of Obtaining Item | Item | Location
ImageImage→Ada→Image→Seafoam Islands
ImageImage→Lyrit→Image→Victory Road (Kanto)
ImageImage→Ash→Image→Power Plant
ImageImage→Yun→Image→Cerulean Cave
ImageImage→Unobtainable→Image→Faraway Island (go to Lilycove, Hoenn)

Johto Legendaries
Johto wrote:
ImageImage→Unobtainable→Image→Burned Tower
ImageImage→Unobtanable→Image→Whirl Islands
ImageImage→Unobtainable→Image→Tin Tower
ImageImage→Unobtainable→Image→Ilex Forest

Hoenn Legendaries
Hoenn wrote:
ImageImage→Unobtainable→Image→Faraway Island (go to Lilycove)
ImageImage→Unobtainable→Image→Desert Ruins
ImageImage→Unobtainable→Image→Island Cave
ImageImage→Unobtainable→Image→Ancient Tomb
ImageImage→Hari and Nao→Image→Southern Island (Go to Lilycove)
ImageImage→Jan→Image→Cave of Origin
ImageImage→PP Shop→Image→Cave of Origin
ImageImage→Rei→Image→Sky Pillar
ImageImage→1/1000 chance of appearing→Mirage Island
ImageImage→Z→Image→Devon Building

Past Events where one could obtain unobtainable legendaries
Tanabata 2010 you could obtain jirachi
Celebration of Member Count you could obtain one one the following summoning items: Azure Flute (Arceus), Clear Bell (Raikou, Suicune, or Entei), Explorer Kit (Regice, Regirock, or Registeel), GS Ball (Celebi), Magma Rock (Heatran), Member Card (Darkrai), Rainbow Wing (Ho-Oh), Red Chain (Mesprit, Uxie, or Azelf), Red Orb (Groudon), Silver Wing (Lugia), or Tide Bell (Regigigas)
Vdex 1st Anniversary Event you could obtain yin-yang mew which were holding items that allowed you to get Zekrom and Reshiram
Time Travel Event you could get the GS ball for summoning Celebi
Christmas 2010 Event you could catch Lonely Rayquaza and trade it in for a shiny one
Easter 2011 Event you could get a random shiny legendary.
2011 Tanabata Event you could get a random summoning item through the wishtags.
Data Corruption Event one could obtain a shadow Suicune, Entei, or Raikou and up to 6 clear bells
Haloween 2011 Event one could obtain a candy corn Giratina

Log:
October 19 - guide creation
October 19 - added Lustrous Orb, Adamant Orb, Red Orb, and Magma Rock
October 20 - edited guide
October 25 - major changes to quick reference

Last edited by Iron_Crystal on Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:02 pm, edited 44 times in total.

Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:15 pm
Leading King

Small note, not all summon items are gotten via partner. Adamant and Lustrous Orbs can be found on the ground, Red Orb and Magma Rock can be purchased with PP.

Twitter | Reversed Side A archive

Please, ask VDex gameplay questions in the help forum.

Image Image

Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:20 pm
Profile WWW

Thanks!

Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:26 pm

muy buena guia bro... tratare de que mi poke tenga el maximo nivel de felicidad.

Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:08 pm

element7 wrote:
muy buena guia bro... tratare de que mi poke tenga el maximo nivel de felicidad.

please speak english

Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:18 pm

He liked your guide, and he's trying to get his Pokemon to max happiness.

Also, um, don't mean to sound rude, but this is basically links to a bunch of other guides/places where info has been posted, and it just sort of explains things that are rather obvious.

At the very least, pictures, less jarring font colors, and sentences that flow instead of sounding like you're talking to a bunch of kindergartners would help. Or even listing out the information instead of saying 'Oh, go here to see what Legendaries you can catch.'

I mean...it's already there in the Guidebook, man.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:06 pm
Pretty Princess

@element7: Please speak English; this is an English-based forum and, as you can see, not everyone will understand you if you don't. It is against the rules to make posts in any language other than English.

Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:22 pm

Cuore wrote:
He liked your guide, and he's trying to get his Pokemon to max happiness.

Also, um, don't mean to sound rude, but this is basically links to a bunch of other guides/places where info has been posted, and it just sort of explains things that are rather obvious.

At the very least, pictures, less jarring font colors, and sentences that flow instead of sounding like you're talking to a bunch of kindergartners would help. Or even listing out the information instead of saying 'Oh, go here to see what Legendaries you can catch.'

I mean...it's already there in the Guidebook, man.

Well, what do you suggest for colors? Also, the reason i put this together was mainly because there have been a ton of people posting in the help forum asking about this

Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:52 pm

element7 wrote:

Aquí no hablan español trata de sólo usar el ingles

This would be like...
"Nice guide bro, i'll try that my pokémon raise the max affection"
I dunno if even means something about the thread lulz

On Topic~ Great guide this is very helpful <3
Maybe you can try add some mini icons, for make it look more nice

Shop» Buying» Auctions» Wishlist»

Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:46 am

fantamil wrote:
element7 wrote:

Aquí no hablan español trata de sólo usar el ingles

This would be like...
"Nice guide bro, i'll try that my pokémon raise the max affection"
I dunno if even means something about the thread lulz

On Topic~ Great guide this is very helpful <3
Maybe you can try add some mini icons, for make it look more nice

Yeah, im working on that...currently i am mobil and can't copy/paste links...

Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:41 am

Moreover, I'd include a list of the events where unobtainable legendary items have been distributed, as well as the percentage chances of catching each and on which OS can be used. Also, it might be good to include all the shiny sprite icons (useful since one can check whether the legend is shiny). Also, you might want to put that on legends where more than one different legend may be summoned by an item, a choice is offered ingame of which to roam.

10:32 pm |

STILL buying potions of all colours for 4k :)
Currently inactive make sure to PM me for carnival prizes so I know that I can fulfill them. :c

Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:29 am

You could add the Easter Event to the list, because you could choose any legendary, therefor one that is normally unobtainable and this years Tanabata event with the wish-tags, where the first-part-wishtag could be traded for a random unobtainable summoning item.
And maybe the legendary mystery egg giveaway, since you could be as lucky as getting something that is unobtainable.
Aaaand with the data corruption: you could not only get the shadow dogs but get clear bells from patch absols, to get the normal dogs.

Then a Question: Why did you put mew to the Hoenn legendarys? Because of the Place? Then maybe something like "Mew, see in Hoenn" or something would be good in the kanto section. Had me confused until I found it by just opening every spoiler.

Otherwise - yes, you can get the info in the guide, but I too didn't want to look through the posts there (partner data and where to find legendarys, and then the rather long list) to make myself a list similar to the one you made, sooo.. I think it's great you made it here

Edit: maybe add something about "what happens when I clicked the icon of the legendary and then go to another location", that was something I was afraid of when I went to hunt my first legendary.

Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:30 pm

Also, Latios/Latias's items aren't unobtainable, you get one of two summon items from Hari & Nao. Dunno if you trade them in and get the same item (Soul Dew), or two different ones.

Clear Bells were obtainable from the Absol event but aren't anymore, IMO that'd be worth mentioning.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:10 pm

Shira wrote:
Then a Question: Why did you put mew to the Hoenn legendarys? Because of the Place? Then maybe something like "Mew, see in Hoenn" or something would be good in the kanto section. Had me confused until I found it by just opening every spoiler.

Edit: maybe add something about "what happens when I clicked the icon of the legendary and then go to another location", that was something I was afraid of when I went to hunt my first legendary.

Should I take out the spoilers? Also, I thought nothing happens if you click the icon and then go. I have done that with Moltres, where I click the icon, trying catching him a few times, and then leave and come back later.

Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:26 pm

Nom don't remove the spoilers, they make it more clearly arranged, because instead of looking through the whole list you know where to look - except for the mew, that's why I think it would maybe be good to put a note into kanto stating that mew is in hoenn - or something like that.

Yeah, nothing happens, but when I was a newby I was afraid I would loose the legendary if I went away without catching it - so maybe that would be something you could add - but I don't know if others had the same fear there xD

Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:16 pm

Interesting ^_^ this is helpful cause i acually have two clear bells not sure how to use but i believe this just solved the quetion :D

Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:35 pm

Iron_Crystal wrote:
ImageImageImageImageLegendary Summon ItemsImageImageImageImage

Some items are currently not available, but the ones that are available are obtained through maxing happiness with partners, see here. Other items, such as Adamant and Lustrous Orbs can be found on the ground, and the Red Orb and Magma Rock can be purchased at the PP shop for 500 PP each.

ImageImageImageLegendary LocationsImageImageImageImage
Refer to the quick reference below to see where you can catch the legendary. When you go to the location, you will see a small icon of the legendary. Click on it, and you will only see that legendary, so you can keep refreshing until you get the retro that you want. Also, because their catch rate is low, I would suggest using dusk balls at night time. Note, you can't refresh for a shiny-if it is not shiny the first time you see it, it will never be shiny no matter how many times you refresh.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageThe Pokemon ran away!ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Some Legendaries are roamers. These Pokemon will always run away if you try to catch it with your first encounter. The way to find them is to travel to different locations. Every time you change locations, there is a 1% chance of running into it. Some examples of roamers are Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Latios, and Latias. You can also have multiple Pokemon roaming at the same time. If you have multiple roaming at the same time, then the chance running into one is 1/100, and then it decides which legend to show up. For instance, if you had all three dogs roaming, then the RNG will randomize to see if one appears. If it is positive, then it is a 33% chance for suicune, 33% chance for entei, and 33% chance for raikou.

Quick Reference

Kanto Legendaries
Kanto wrote:
ImageImage→Ada→Image→Seafoam Islands
ImageImage→Lyrit→Image→Victory Road (Kanto)
ImageImage→Ash→Image→Power Plant
ImageImage→Yun→Image→Cerulean Cave
ImageImage→Unobtainable→Image→Faraway Island (go to Lilycove, Hoenn)

Johto Legendaries
Johto wrote:
ImageImage→Unobtanable→Image→Whirl Islands
ImageImage→Unobtainable→Image→Tin Tower
ImageImage→Unobtainable→Image→Ilex Forest

Hoenn Legendaries
Hoenn wrote:
ImageImage→Unobtainable→Image→Faraway Island (go to Lilycove)
ImageImage→Unobtainable→Image→Desert Ruins
ImageImage→Unobtainable→Image→Island Cave
ImageImage→Unobtainable→Image→Ancient Tomb
ImageImage→Jan→Image→Cave of Origin
ImageImage→PP Shop→Image→Cave of Origin
ImageImage→Rei→Image→Sky Pillar
ImageImage→1/1000 chance of appearing→Mirage Island
ImageImage→Z→Image→Devon Building

Past Events where one could obtain unobtainable legendaries
Tanabata 2010 you could obtain jirachi
Celebration of Member Count you could obtain one one the following summoning items: Azure Flute (Arceus), Clear Bell (Raikou, Suicune, or Entei), Explorer Kit (Regice, Regirock, or Registeel), GS Ball (Celebi), Magma Rock (Heatran), Member Card (Darkrai), Rainbow Wing (Ho-Oh), Red Chain (Mesprit, Uxie, or Azelf), Red Orb (Groudon), Silver Wing (Lugia), or Tide Bell (Regigigas)
Vdex 1st Anniversary Event you could obtain yin-yang mew which were holding items that allowed you to get Zekrom and Reshiram
Time Travel Event you could get the GS ball for summoning Celebi
Christmas 2010 Event you could catch Lonely Rayquaza and trade it in for a shiny one
Easter 2011 Event you could get a random shiny legendary.
2011 Tanabata Event you could get a random summoning item through the wishtags.
Data Corruption Event one could obtain a shadow Suicune, Entei, or Raikou and up to 6 clear bells
Haloween 2011 Event one could obtain a candy corn Giratina

Log:
October 19 - guide creation
October 19 - added Lustrous Orb, Adamant Orb, Red Orb, and Magma Rock
October 20 - edited guide
October 25 - major changes to quick reference

Lemme get this right when i use lets say the clear bell for a dog it will eventually come back an show up when i roam around myself? and the items that you said that can be picked up from the ground are those the ones that are in the small poke ball that you find when you go to a new location on the map? and thats how you obtain those items?

Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:51 pm
Loner Princess

Dragowon, please don't double post! <3 Next time, edit your previous post if no one has posted since then. Additionally, it appears that your signature goes over the limits, and I'll have to ask you to change it (signatures cannot be over 500px tall)

That said...

The two legendary summons available on the ground in Sinnoh do appear as the pokeballs to the side of the screen, as ground items.

Roamers... yes, I believe you have the right idea. Roamers have a 1/100 chance of appearing every time you change maps, but you must first set the legendary roaming. Roamers are not restricted to their region of origin. For example, you could find the legendary dogs roaming in Sinnoh.

* Special Nature Doc *

Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:25 pm

I've always wondered about retro roamers. It can change every time you come across it, right?

Also, you should add to this guide all items that affect the legends. Meteorites, plates, all those goodies :)

Quote:
Yeah, nothing happens, but when I was a newby I was afraid I would loose the legendary if I went away without catching it - so maybe that would be something you could add - but I don't know if others had the same fear there xD

I had that fear too! With plain events as well. That's something that should definitely be noted.

Apologies! I am not checking Vdex often these days.
Always interested in purchasing shiny Zubat

Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:33 pm
Loner Princess

Correct. There is no point in finding a retro before setting it roaming because it... doesn't matter. Retro roamers are just hard to find, since you have a 1/100 chance of finding them and then a 1/100 chance (or 1/50 with a GB Player) of them actually being a retro.
With that, roamers do have the potential for BW sprites without using a Dream Ball. If you search for the roamer in Unova, it does have the chance of generating a BW sprite.

* Special Nature Doc *

Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next