It is currently Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:56 am

Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Mirage Radar - Radar Chip B Guide (find your minute range) 
Leading King

Because people constantly get confused by it...

This is how to narrow down your Mirage Island minute using the Radar Chip B. Follow this method and you won't need to check the radar for minutes again.

This is a guide for Radar Chip B. For answers regarding Mirage Island and other chips, see the Guide (and links offered there).

Check your radar now and then until you get the message It seems the minute during which Mirage Island is available is close.... Mark down the minute. That's the start of your range.

Check your radar again every minute for a few minutes.

If you get the message telling you it's close several times in a row, you can stop checking when you get the first message saying it isn't close. That's the end of your range.

If you don't, and get "It seems the minute during which Mirage Island is available isn't close..." after just a few times (or immediately after), keep checking. This could be a false negative (the radar says it isn't close, even though it is), and it's normal. Only when you get that message several times in a row, stop checking. The last minute when you got the message telling you it's close before the long string of negatives is the end of your range. Wait 30 or so minutes and then check your radar again every minute.

Example #1: Mirage Island minute range is xx:15 to xx:26

10:03 - It seems the minute during which Mirage Island is available isn't close...
10:10 - It seems the minute during which Mirage Island is available isn't close...
10:15 - It seems the minute during which Mirage Island is available is close... (mark down 15 as the start of your range, check every minute after)
10:16 - It seems the minute during which Mirage Island is available is close...
10:17 - It seems the minute during which Mirage Island is available isn't close... (this could be a false negative, so check again next minute)
10:18 It seems the minute during which Mirage Island is available is close...
10:19 It seems the minute during which Mirage Island is available is close...
10:20 It seems the minute during which Mirage Island is available is close...
10:21 It seems the minute during which Mirage Island is available is close...
10:22 It seems the minute during which Mirage Island is available is close...
10:23 It seems the minute during which Mirage Island is available is close...
10:24 It seems the minute during which Mirage Island is available is close...
10:25 It seems the minute during which Mirage Island is available is close...
10:26 It seems the minute during which Mirage Island is available is close...
10:27 It seems the minute during which Mirage Island is available isn't close... (you can stop checking here, since you got a long sequence of positives - that's your range)

Example #2: Mirage Island minute range is xx:57 to xx:07

10:06 - It seems the minute during which Mirage Island is available is close... (mark down this minute, and check every minute after)
10:07 - It seems the minute during which Mirage Island is available is close...
10:08 - It seems the minute during which Mirage Island is available isn't close... (it could be a false negative, so you check again)
10:09 - It seems the minute during which Mirage Island is available isn't close...
10:10 - It seems the minute during which Mirage Island is available isn't close...
10:11 - It seems the minute during which Mirage Island is available isn't close...
10:12 - It seems the minute during which Mirage Island is available isn't close... (okay, it's a pretty long string of negatives, so better check again later... also, this means xx:07 was the end of your range.)
10:50 - It seems the minute during which Mirage Island is available isn't close...
10:55 - It seems the minute during which Mirage Island is available isn't close...
10:57 - It seems the minute during which Mirage Island is available is close... (a positive! This is the start of your range. You can stop checking now.)

Notes

When refreshing for Mirage Island, make sure you check the map twice in the same minute. Sometimes, the page takes a few seconds to load, and the timestamp at the bottom of the page is at odds with when the check for Mirage Island happened by a few seconds. For instance - I once checked my own Mirage Island time at xx:xx:02, and Mirage Island didn't appear. I refreshed at xx:xx:10, and Mirage Island was there.

Don't bother checking the radar twice in the same minute - it'll only confuse you further. Follow the steps listed here and you're guaranteed to find a valid range of minutes.

Make sure your forum timezone isn't set to one that includes a half hour (i.e. -5.30 GMT) but rather is an integer timezone (i.e. -5 GMT). Otherwise you may encounter bugs.

ACK! I don't get it at all!

If you're really REALLY confused: when you get a positive, check every minute after that 19 times, wait 20 minutes, then check every minute 20 more times (until you get to the minute when you got your first positive). It's a lot of minutes, but at least you're guaranteed to find your range this way.

Twitter | Reversed Side A archive

Please, ask VDex gameplay questions in the help forum.

Spoiler: show
Image Image

Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:54 am
Profile WWW

It must be the false negatives that has been throwing people off. =x

Also, I think you meant to say Radar Chip B (since C is used for resetting) and link to the relevant update rather than the old Mirage Island topic (which was revived)? =x

I don't want your love unless you know I am repulsive,
    and love me even as you know it. (Georges Bataille)

MAL / goodreads / Backloggery

Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:59 am
Leading King

Reasons why I shouldn't do things at 5 in the morning. Fixed, thanks!

The false negatives are normal - that's why I kept telling people to follow the instructions in the post. But hopefully it's less confusing with an example (which was a bit too long for the update post, hence why I moved the explanation here).

Image Image

Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:01 am
Profile WWW

ACK! This stuff is confusing. I thought my time was at least :2X Cause that's the only time I got a positive was :29. I'ma check like a troll waiting for his victim to post.
Thanks for the explanation Shiro.

Click the banner to go to our shop! ;)

When things get boring
Ⓒⓗⓐⓩⓩ I⊥
Username : LifeXShort

Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:05 am
Leading King

Added a less practical but also a lot less confusing method to the bottom of the first post. It'll take you 40 minutes, but you will find your range this way.

Image Image

Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:09 am
Profile WWW

This makes a lot easier. But my attention span is so bad. So time to focus.
Thanks Shiro!

When things get boring
Ⓒⓗⓐⓩⓩ I⊥

Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:14 am

Wow, this is really helpfull! I think, i'll buy that chip on my next MI day.

Image Image Image ImageImage

Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:23 am

Also can there be a long line of negatives or a short range of positives? My Positives spans only five minutes which is approximately my attention span. (I checked 10 minutes before it even showed a positive.)

When things get boring
Ⓒⓗⓐⓩⓩ I⊥

Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:36 am

I didn't get Radar Chip B, but this sounds really helpful to figure out your minute :>

However, for the second example, at 10:57, don't you mean the radar would say "It seems the minute during which Mirage Island is available is close..." since you say it's a positive quote?

Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:49 am
Manly Princess

Thank you! This clears up a lot because before I wasn't quite sure how it worked. Although it sounds confusing to write it out I'm sure once I actually try it myself it'll be easier to follow ^^

[monthly parcel giveaway]
[shop] [buying] [journal] [natures] [wishlist]

Please PM me for urgent matters.

Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:17 am
Profile WWW

Shirogane wrote:
10:57 - It seems the minute during which Mirage Island is available isn't close... (a positive! This is the start of your range. You can stop checking now.)

There's a typo there. It should be "... available is close..."

ImageImageImage
My Shop and Auctions

Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:57 am

Fixed that part; thanks, Shima and Draconic.

Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:00 am

So once we've found our minute, does that mean that when 'its available today' it'll be between those times each time its available?

Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:20 am

killed by an infant wrote:
Also can there be a long line of negatives or a short range of positives? My Positives spans only five minutes which is approximately my attention span. (I checked 10 minutes before it even showed a positive.)

If you look at the two examples in the first post, you'll see a long sequence of negatives when it's definite that your Mirage Island time isn't close (second example), and a short string of positives that's interrupted by a false negative (first example).

Atsuaki wrote:
So once we've found our minute, does that mean that when 'its available today' it'll be between those times each time its available?

Mirage Island always appears on the same hour and minute every day it's available to you (three days a week, always the same days, too).

Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:32 am

Lethe wrote:
killed by an infant wrote:

If you look at the two examples in the first post, you'll see a long sequence of negatives when it's definite that your Mirage Island time isn't close (second example), and a short string of positives that's interrupted by a false negative (first example).

Atsuaki wrote:

Mirage Island always appears on the same hour and minute every day it's available to you (three days a week, always the same days, too).

Oh so next time (on a day its availble) it'll be at 2pm between :15 and the end of 2pm? or it'll be available at 14:21 every day its availble to me.
Sorry for all these questions ;-;

And when I get kicked off because of being idle for 3hrs, do I get kicked off MI too?

Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:34 am

I don't know whether I'm understand you correctly, but if you've already found your Mirage Island time on a certain day and it's 14:21, then it'll be 14:21, too, on the other two days that it's available for you!

You don't ever get kicked out of Mirage Island - the only way to leave is by clicking the link that takes you back to Route 130.

Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:36 am

Lethe wrote:
I don't know whether I'm understand you correctly, but if you've already found your Mirage Island time on a certain day and it's 14:21, then it'll be 14:21, too, on the other two days that it's available for you!

You don't ever get kicked out of Mirage Island - the only way to leave is by clicking the link that takes you back to Route 130.

Ah awesome <3
Definitely worth the 20k then.

Thanks for the help :3

Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:38 am

Okay, this guide really helps!
I was more confused than a Spinda who doesn't have 'Own Tempo'

Now to find more answers!

ImageImage

Just happy being me

Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:01 pm

Oh, thanks! This really helps a lot~

Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:58 pm