It is currently Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:56 pm

Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
[rendered useless] VDex Breeding Calculators 

The Breeding Guide also says right at the top that "For the most part, this guide assumes that you have purchased the Egg Scope", because they don't understand how breeding works without it. That's why it makes no mention of non-Eggscope breeding rules.
Edit: I think I found it! In this update topic, linked in the Breeding Guide, it says "Please note that fees and the breeding system overall are not affected if you don't have an Egg Scope". This might be your answer.

My Twitter profile!

Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:40 pm

Yeah, what SHPN said, BUT the exception seems to be breeding special natures without EggScope, though I'm not 100% sure what the original source of that is, aside from the "When you Everstone breed an offspring with a special nature, multiply the base fee by 20. Applies only if you don't own an Egg Scope" part in Venus' guide! Sorry, the "Anything bred without EggScope is base retrieval fee, always." part in my post was a remainder from before I crossed out 6) after Karachan pointed out the mistake regarding special natures.

I'm not sure where in Venus' guide you see that the retrieval fee is multiplied by 20 if you use BP without EggScope though!

I'm glad no offense is taken, I hope we can all work together to fix the errors. :D And of course, don't trust me 100% on everything I say, I make mistakes, too! =x (As seen earlier on.)

The reason why no mention of retrieval fee without EggScope in Venus' guide might be the note at the top of the post:
Quote:
Note About the Egg Scope: For the most part, this guide assumes that you have purchased the Egg Scope (8 DP at the Donation Shop, or $80,000 at the Key Items Shop).

Though it couldn't hurt mentioning in that topic to add a note? It was the original system of (Everstone-)breeding and that one was very straight-forward (always pay the same amount of money for your eggs), so maybe that's why it isn't explained...

And yeah, this:
Quote:
I think that is where it all went bogus. Seeing as how it for, say, example 2 (Abra, eggscope), uses the following formula:
(base * multiplier) + base

seemed to be an error in many calculations I made with the calculator, but I didn't know how to put it into words to explain it, so I just wrote down the examples, haha. >_< Glad that you could find the problem.

Edit: Sorry, didn't see the post before mine! I just want to add to be careful with the "Please note that fees and the breeding system overall are not affected if you don't have an Egg Scope" part of that update, as that was written before this one, where Everstone breeding success rate was nerfed when you breed without EggScope (half the success rate)!

I don't want your love unless you know I am repulsive,
    and love me even as you know it. (Georges Bataille)

MAL / goodreads / Backloggery

Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:46 pm

Lethe wrote:
Edit: Sorry, didn't see the post before mine! I just want to add to be careful with the "Please note that fees and the breeding system overall are not affected if you don't have an Egg Scope" part of that update, as that was written before this one, where Everstone breeding success rate was nerfed when you breed without EggScope (half the success rate)!

Yeah I figured that the information may be out of date, I just wanted to find somewhere where it was stated that fees are not affected at all if you don't own an EggScope.

My Twitter profile!

Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:53 pm

I am sort of overwhelmed by the amount of little things I missed. ):

But on BP fee calculation, the guide says:
"Brightpowder Multiplier:
When you use Brightpowder to breed a shiny, multiply the base fee by 20."
It doesn't mention the Egg Scope, so I figured it just always applies, with or without the Scope. After some thinking into the "I assume you own the Scope" line in the guide, it sort of makes sense, though.

So...
The fee calculator AT THIS MOMENT works fine if you own an Egg Scope.
BUT if you don't it calculates in all kinds of multipliers, which apparently don't apply if you don't own the scope. Getting rid of those multipliers from the code is pretty easy, so I'll do that real quick and add it to the changelog for v1.1.
After that, I'll give Venus a little heads-up that she might want to point out that those multipliers don't apply if you don't own the Scope.

I think that settles it, right?

EDIT: No multipliers apply (non-scope) EXCEPT FOR THE NATURE MULTIPLIER. Forgot to specifically mention that.

Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:17 pm
Profile WWW

Yeah, that sums it up! It's best to ask Shirogane or Venus for clarification on the special nature without EggScope case though.

I don't want your love unless you know I am repulsive,
    and love me even as you know it. (Georges Bataille)

MAL / goodreads / Backloggery

Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:27 pm

Okay, cool, thanks!

It should be working tip-top now. Just have to add a bit to the changelog, post in the breeding guide, and then I'll be off.

Thanks everyone, for all your help. I would've had a much harder time managing if it wasn't for you!
(Also, call me Fang if you want. It's easier to both type and pronounce, and it's my "official" online name anyway.)

Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:34 pm
Profile WWW

I am aware of the fact that the calculators reset their values when you calculate. I'm looking into fixing this, and believe it's as simple as using JavaScript instead of PHP. There's a few code differences, though, so the conversion process will take a while. I'll also be working on a proper layout with a bit of a better look. This will be *gulp* v2.

Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:14 pm
Profile WWW

...is it just me or does brightpowder not work?
I set it up to see how much a shiny emerald would cost, but then it said $1200. Which is low.
So it turns out that it doesn't take BP into effect for the cost, even if you have an Eggscope. :U
It looks like you probably stopped it from noticing BP at all, rather than just when you have no Eggscope.

Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:06 pm
Leading King

I am super late here but breeding fees never ever change when you don't have an Egg Scope.

Twitter | Reversed Side A archive

Please, ask VDex gameplay questions in the help forum.

Spoiler: show
Image Image

Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:25 pm
Profile WWW

I have a question. I used the calculator to determine an HGSS Hitmontop's retrieval rate with an Egg Scope and it said 200 PD, but I'm pretty sure it is 3k because it is an event type Pokemon. I'm pretty sure I used it right..

Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:39 pm
Loner Princess

deku wrote:
I have a question. I used the calculator to determine an HGSS Hitmontop's retrieval rate with an Egg Scope and it said 200 PD, but I'm pretty sure it is 3k because it is an event type Pokemon. I'm pretty sure I used it right..

Hitmonlee, Hitmontop, and Hitmonchan all have a retrieval fee of 3k, yes~
It seems like there's a mistake in the programming and those three are mislabeled are rare/200PD pokemon, since Tyrogue's fee is correct.

* Special Nature Doc *

Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:25 pm

Hey, just wanted to add my two cents. I used it to check for a Shiny Love Budew. Since you can't BP breed one, there is a higher chance than normal they are shiny (1/7, if I'm correct). Which means the BP multiplier shouldn't apply, and the retreival fee should still be 10,000 whether it's shiny or not, as opposed to the 200,000 it's showing now. That number just scared me because I'm trying to breed one!

DAPHNE'S SHOPPE
Need a free fire starter?

Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:46 pm
Profile WWW

@Daphne: Breeding chances for individual event Pokemon with non-normal shiny rates are not implemented. Why? It's not necessary to be able to select different species when there's only a few with a higher-than-normal shiny rate. It'd be a pretty bluh task to implement those.
Just calculate it without the BP, and then do the result * (1/7).
I should note this in the description, thanks.

-lee, -top, and -chan are 3k base retrieval, too? Fixing that right now~

The SecretPotion update has not been implemented yet. I'll get to that as soon as possible (which may take a while, judging from my currently busy real life situation).

Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:41 pm
Profile WWW

Hi~ As I was playing around with the success chance calculator, I noticed that there's no success change made for the combination of a retro sprite and a special nature.
e.g, I put the sprite as a Green sprite, and check the "Special nature?" and the "Egg Scope" Box, and I calculate it, it say's "The chance of passing down sprite and nature thanks to the Everstone is 1%."
So the chance of getting a normal Green sprite is already 1%, then how come getting a Green sprite with a special nature has the same chances? o_O
Sorry for the messed up english, speak no americano.

Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:18 am

Moon wrote:
Hi~ As I was playing around with the success chance calculator, I noticed that there's no success change made for the combination of a retro sprite and a special nature.
e.g, I put the sprite as a Green sprite, and check the "Special nature?" and the "Egg Scope" Box, and I calculate it, it say's "The chance of passing down sprite and nature thanks to the Everstone is 1%."
So the chance of getting a normal Green sprite is already 1%, then how come getting a Green sprite with a special nature has the same chances? o_O

It's because you can't combine two Everstones together, so if you were breeding a Green sprite with a special nature, then the Pokemon holding the everstone would have to have both the green sprite AND the nature. Because the chance of the Green sprite is 1% and the nature is 5%, overall the chance is 1% because it has the lower chance. You understand? I dunno if I explained that well enough.

My Twitter profile!

Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:20 am

AceDetective wrote:
Moon wrote:

It's because you can't combine two Everstones together, so if you were breeding a Green sprite with a special nature, then the Pokemon holding the everstone would have to have both the green sprite AND the nature. Because the chance of the Green sprite is 1% and the nature is 5%, overall the chance is 1% because it has the lower chance. You understand? I dunno if I explained that well enough.

Oh~ Thank you for the clarification! :')

Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:26 am

Corrupt/Patched Absol added to event group 2.
A bit late, sorry!

SecretPotions still not implemented. Autumn break is here, so I'll see if I can make it happen somewhere during the coming week!

Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:21 am
Profile WWW

MDFang wrote:
Corrupt/Patched Absol added to event group 2.
A bit late, sorry!

SecretPotions still not implemented. Autumn break is here, so I'll see if I can make it happen somewhere during the coming week!

It's not really late since the Event is still running =P
Thanks for the Calculator once again =3 (posting to keep track of this thread too <3)

My Journal

Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:23 am

I have a Question
I just found the Vdex breeding Calculator a few minutes ago and i am wanting to make sure i did it right?
so i clicked Ponyta and event 2
then i clicked shiny and egg scope
and the total receiving price 100,000
Is this right?
I am wanting to breed a Shiny Rainbow Ponyta egg for customers in my shop but i don't want to put the wrong price up.

ImageImageImage

Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:07 pm

tess18 wrote:
I have a Question
I just found the Vdex breeding Calculator a few minutes ago and i am wanting to make sure i did it right?
so i clicked Ponyta and event 2
then i clicked shiny and egg scope
and the total receiving price 100,000
Is this right?
I am wanting to breed a Shiny Rainbow Ponyta egg for customers in my shop but i don't want to put the wrong price up.

Sounds right, considering it's 100 (base fee) * 20 (shininess) * 50 (event poke) = $100,000

Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next