It is currently Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
[rendered useless] VDex Breeding Calculators 

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:37 pm
Profile WWW

The chance calculator reached v1.3 just now. With that, I think the calculations are finally working like they should. Yay!

And for those of you who aren't hardcore spamfest lurkers, I'm working on the fee calculator right now. Give me a few days, and it'll be there for you, too!

Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:45 am
Profile WWW

NOW AVAILABLE!
The Daycare Fee Calculator you've all been waiting for! Use it to, well, calculate daycare fees.

(Also added the AYE SIR Shinx to Event Group 2.)

I know, the Pokedollar images are still missing in front of the fees, but that's due to my server acting up. I'll get it fixed as soon as possible!

Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:26 pm
Profile WWW
Manly Princess

Thank you so much! No longer do I have to do math for vdex! A great contribution to the community o7

[monthly parcel giveaway]
[shop] [buying] [journal] [natures] [wishlist]

Please PM me for urgent matters.

Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:34 am
Profile WWW

Thank you! I can now confirm that I did my math right for my everstone breeding.

Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:36 pm
Profile WWW

I thing somethings wrong.

I tried calculating a shiny eevee and it should have 60k retrieving fee.

The wrong part I guess is with the Eggscope.

The question is Do you own an Eggscope? If you check the box, the retrieving fee is 120k. If you uncheck it, the retreiving fee is 60k. Should it be the other way around?

Sorry if I can't explain it well.

Just read the update. Sorry.

ImageImage
thanks to Professor Savanna

Last edited by Bubblebeam on Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:07 pm

Since not having an Eggscope used to be highly disadvantageous, Shiro decided that EggScope owners get different fee calculation formulas, with which they almost always end up paying more.
That's the price you pay for a higher success rate.

Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:35 pm
Profile WWW

MDFang wrote:
Since not having an Eggscope used to be highly disadvantageous, Shiro decided that EggScope owners get different fee calculation formulas, with which they almost always end up paying more.

Unless I'm misunderstanding what the two of you are talking about: If you don't own an EggScope, whether you Everstone- or BP-breed, the retrieval fee of the egg, regardless what's inside, is always the retrieval fee of the species you're breeding. If you BP breed a shiny Eevee (not like anyone would ever do that) without EggScope and there's a shiny Eevee in the egg you retrieve, the egg will cost 3k like any other Eevee egg. If you do own the EggScope, the retrieval fee is 60k. Same for R/B Eevee.

While the success rate is halved when Everstone breeding without EggScope, the BP success rate stays the same either way. Perhaps that's what confused you?

I don't want your love unless you know I am repulsive,
    and love me even as you know it. (Georges Bataille)

MAL / goodreads / Backloggery

Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:42 pm
Profile WWW

Lethe wrote:
MDFang wrote:

Unless I'm misunderstanding what the two of you are talking about: If you don't own an EggScope, whether you Everstone- or BP-breed, the retrieval fee of the egg, regardless what's inside, is always the retrieval fee of the species you're breeding. If you BP breed a shiny Eevee (not like anyone would ever do that) without EggScope and there's a shiny Eevee in the egg you retrieve, the egg will cost 3k like any other Eevee egg. If you do own the EggScope, the retrieval fee is 60k. Same for R/B Eevee.

While the success rate is halved when Everstone breeding without EggScope, the BP success rate stays the same either way. Perhaps that's what confused you?

Yes, but when I used the calculator. I checked the Eggscope part because I do have an Eggscope and the calculator revealed that it will cost 120k to retrieve it with BP and Eggscope which in the past, I only paid 60k for my shiny eevee.

ImageImage

Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:21 am

60k is correct and has always been correct since the introduction of the EggScope. The question at the end was aimed at MDFang as I've tried calculating about 5-8 different Pokémon using the fee calculator and most of it was wrong, so I tried to point out one of the problems assuming that MDFang misunderstood something on that subject. (Nevertheless, a breeding success rate/fee calculator is a nice project!)

The thing that confused me about your first post, Bubblebeam, was the fact that you crossed out what you said and replaced it with "sorry", when you were actually correct to point out that error, as a BP-bred HGSS Eevee does indeed cost 60k to retrieve if you own the EggScope - though it's not 120k without EggScope, but 3k.

Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:49 am
Profile WWW

Lethe wrote:
60k is correct and has always been correct since the introduction of the EggScope. The question at the end was aimed at MDFang as I've tried calculating about 5-8 different Pokémon using the fee calculator and most of it was wrong, so I tried to point out one of the problems assuming that MDFang misunderstood something on that subject. (Nevertheless, a breeding success rate/fee calculator is a nice project!)

The thing that confused me about your first post, Bubblebeam, was the fact that you crossed out what you said and replaced it with "sorry", when you were actually correct to point out that error, as a BP-bred HGSS Eevee does indeed cost 60k to retrieve if you own the EggScope - though it's not 120k without EggScope, but 3k.

The reason I crossed it out is because I just recently retrieved a shiny pt2 ponyta egg that costs 16k to retrieve which is the same as the result when I calculated it in MDFang's calculator. With that, I concluded that I might missed some updates maybe regarding with the new fees and MDFang's calculation is correct. I tried reading the Eggscope thread's and I'm very confused about it and I gave up reading and decided to rely on this calculator.

ImageImage

Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:03 am

Oh I see. Well, I certainly don't mean to put MDFang's calculator and effort into a bad light (please don't take it the wrong way, MDFang! calculators are a nice thing to have), but, for the time being, until the errors are being looked into, it might be better not to rely on the fee calculator, because, as said, when I tried it out, I noticed many of them. I can try pinpointing them at a later time, MDFang, if you wish, though maybe you should read into fee calculation some more first. =x

Bubblebeam, have you seen this guide yet? It's a very accurate and detailed compilation of all information regarding breeding, and it gives you the formulas to calculate the retrieval fee of whatever you're trying to breed!

And, unless I'm mistaken or there's a bug, a shiny Pt2 Ponyta should cost 12k (100 x 6 x 20) to breed, not 16k, hm...

Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:11 am
Profile WWW

Lethe wrote:
Oh I see. Well, I certainly don't mean to put MDFang's calculator and effort into a bad light (please don't take it the wrong way, MDFang! calculators are a niec thing to have), but, for the time being, until the errors are being looked into, it might be better not to rely on the fee calculator, because, as said, when I tried it out, I noticed many of them. I can try pinpointing them at a later time, MDFang, if you wish, though maybe you should read into fee calculation some more first. =x

Bubblebeam, have you seen this guide yet? It's a very accurate and detailed compilation of all information regarding breeding, and it gives you the formulas to calculate the retrieval fee of whatever you're trying to breed!

Yes I did. But after trying this one (no offense to MDFang), I got more confused that's why I tried to review Shiro's updates. Anyway, I hope this would be corrected soon. Lethe, i am also sorry for sharing my confusion to you with my first post. I didn't mean too. and thanks for clarifying too.

ImageImage

Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:19 am

Ah, I can understand that. And no worries about the confusion, glad it's cleared! :>

Anyway, to MDFang, here are just some examples of the faulty results that can hopefully help you fix the errors:

Let's take Abra as an example, a Pokémon with a base fee of 100 PD. HGSS is a 100% chance to pass down, R/S 10%.

1) HGSS Abra, nothing checked, 100 PD. Correct.
2) HGSS Abra, EggScope, 200 PD. Incorrect, it's 100 PD.
3) HGSS2 Abra, nothing checked, 200 PD. Incorrect, it's 100 PD. Anything bred without EggScope is base retrieval fee, always.
4) HGSS Abra, checked BP, 2000 PD. Incorrect, it's 100 PD. See 3).
5) HGSS Abra, checked BP and EggScope, 4000 PD. Incorrect, it's 2000 PD. EggScope does not double the retrieval fee.
6) HGSS Abra, checked special nature and EggScope, 2100 PD. Incorrect, it's 2000 PD. Nevermind this one, see below!

7) R/S Abra, nothing checked, 1000 PD. Incorrect, it's 100 PD. See 3).
8) R/S Abra, checked EggScope, 1100 PD. Incorrect, it's 1000 PD.
9) R/S Abra, checked BP, 20000 PD. Incorrect, it's 100 PD. See 3).
10) R/S Abra, checked BP and EggScope, 22000 PD. Incorrect, it's 20000 PD.

Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:30 am
Profile WWW
Loner Princess

Just a note that case 6 actually is correct. Every special nature Mareep egg I've withdrawn recently (base fee 100PD, HGSS sprite) has been 2100PD for retrieval.

* Special Nature Doc *

Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:47 am

Oops, thanks for the correction, I'll edit my post! Special natures aren't really my field (I've bred only... one?) and I did the rundown from memory, so... =x I'm not going to check other combinations that include special natures since I'd have to look those up first.

Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:54 am
Profile WWW

11) Halloween Duskull, checked Eggscope and special nature, 12000 PD. correct
hope this helps :3

>> My shop <<
Wishlist | Journal
DeviantArt | youTube
Top monsters site | Demo 0.1

Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:01 am

Ugh wat. I should check back here more often.
Okay, going from the top.

So, what you're saying is that the BP multiplier only applies if you own the Egg Scope?
And that if you don't own the Egg Scope, it's always the base retrieval fee of the species? Then why does the breeding guide mention *20 multipliers for special nature and BP (and specifically says they apply only if you don't own the Egg Scope)?

As for the examples, thanks for pointing them out. However, assuming everything mentioned about breeding fees in the guide is correct, the following rules apply:

If you have NO EGGSCOPE:
Take the species' base fee, and:
- multiply it by the sprite multiplier (*1 for hgss, so no higher fee)
- multiply by 20 is it has a special nature
- multiply by 20 if it is shiny thanks to BP

If you do OWN EGGSCOPE:
Take the species' base fee, and:
- multiply by 20 if it is shiny thanks to BP
- This is where I think my code is wrong. It uses either formula A or B (depending on sprite chance) even if special nature isn't present. I removed the *20 multiplier from both formulas, but still used the rest of it.

I think that is where it all went bogus. Seeing as how it for, say, example 2 (Abra, eggscope), uses the following formula:
(base * multiplier) + base
This, with the HGSS multiplier of 1, results in it just doubling.

I'll fix this real quick, and check with your examples to see if it is back on the right track. If it isn't, I'll put up a notice on the site and in the first post, warning people about likely inaccuracy.

And no worries guys, no offense taken. Like I already stated, I'm only human, and I may have made faults that have slipped under my radar (though I have absolutely no idea why the heck I used those non-existent formulas).
I made this to help the community. If it doesn't function properly, then said community should just tell me straight that I ballsed it up. I wouldn't have noticed otherwise.

So yeah, enough typing. I'll go and try to fix it now. Thanks again for pointing everything out <3

UPDATE: Okay that wasn't too hard.
All errors you mentioned when EggScope is owned are fixed now.
The ones without EggScope are still faulty, assuming Lethe is correct. However, as I mentioned above, if she is correct on the fact that no multipliers apply whatsoever when you don't own an EggScope, I find it very strange that there is no mention in the guide about this at all.
I'll see if I can find any mention of that. Until then, I'll just leave it be as it is now (version number kicked up by 0.1!).

(I mean no distrust, Lethe, but it seems rather strange in my eyes, and there's always the chance you're mistaken on this one.)

Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:44 pm
Profile WWW

no the whole point of the eggscope is that, in exchange for being able to see the egg, the price is accordingly adjusted. if you have no eggscope, the fee will never increase. :U

Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:21 pm

I understand why the fee with Egg Scope would be higher than without, but still...
Do you happen to know where that was mentioned, that no Egg Scope means pure base fees?

Also, if that's true, then the breeding guide has a pretty flaw in it, too, since it says stuff like "Applies only if you don't own an Egg Scope" for the special nature multiplier.

Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:36 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next