It is currently Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
[rendered useless] VDex Breeding Calculators 

Edit by Ardonye: Since the old links are down, here are new links for the calculators in case anyone still wants to use them.
Breeding Chance and Daycare Fee

OKAY
Looks like I won't be needing to update this anymore. Whew, load off of my shoulders there.

DISCONTINUED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
If you want to pick this up from here, then PM me, email me, or contact me on my blog, and I'll provide the source code for you to work with.

* ~ VDex Breeding Succes Chance Calculator ~ *

Hey you.
Yes, I am talking to you!
Have you ever wanted to know what the success rate for your Everstone/Brightpowder breeding is, but can't wrap your head around the seemingly complicated rules and calculations?
Well look no further! The VDex Breeding Calculator is just the kind of tool you need!

I made a breeding calculator tool, for you all the use.
Give it information about the parents, and it'll automatically calculate the chance of success for successfully Everstone-breeding, Brightpowder-breeding, and a combination of both!

* ~ VDex Daycare Fee Calculator ~ *

You now know that you'll need extreme luck for that shiny Gold trollface.png Porygon, but how much will it cost you? (2.1 million, actually)
Of course you don't want to bother with all those complicated fee calculations?
Then I, once again, come to your rescue! Using the new Daycare Fee Calculator, determining the thousands of Pokedollars you need to save up is as easy as one-two-three! Just tell it what the offspring will be, and hit calculate!

In case the fee goes above the cap of 500k, it'll tell you the real cost, but remind you that you'll never need to pay more than 500k. Thought some of you would be interested in some of the giganormous retrieval fees.

(Pokedollar images are currently missing, due to my server misbehaving. I'll add them as soon as possible!)

If you have any questions or bugs to report, please post them here. You may also stroke my ego by thanking me and telling me how great I am.

Hope this is of some use!
~ Fang

Oh by the way, a lot of thanks goes to Venus' Advanced Breeding Guide. If it wasn't for that guide, these calculators wouldn't be here today. Go check it out if you want to know why your chance for breeding success is abysmally low!

Last edited by MDFang on Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:31 am, edited 9 times in total.

Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:51 am
Profile WWW

Omg thank you! This is be insanely helpful for breeders!
You have some epic skills. :yay:

Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:17 am
Profile WWW

That. Is so cool.
I can't wait for the daycare fees. * u*

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Image Image Image Image

Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:27 am
Leading King

I'm sorry, I won't check the source code. It's pretty awesome that you took the time to make this, but if I'm going to have to check it I might as well make a page on the website with the code I already wrote. :Ua

Twitter | Reversed Side A archive

Please, ask VDex gameplay questions in the help forum.

Spoiler: show
Image Image

Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:31 am
Profile WWW

This is extraordinarily useful :D thanks for the effort you put into to making it.

Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:20 pm

awesome o:

Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:51 pm

Wow, this is really useful! I am pretty much horrible with figuring out breeding, so. Thanks a lot!

though I think this math is off:

v Everstone (PT)
v Special nature
v Egg Scope

The chance of getting a sucessfully Everstone-bred child is 50%.

?__? I thought it would be more like 5%?

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:20 pm
Profile WWW

Wow, this is really great! I'm so bad at maths, so this calculater might save my life once I have my everstone and start breeding!

Image Image Image ImageImage

Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:26 am

Oh gods, I love you so MUCH. Will make my life so much easier <3

10:32 pm |

STILL buying potions of all colours for 4k :)
Currently inactive make sure to PM me for carnival prizes so I know that I can fulfill them. :c

Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:38 am

Shirogane wrote:
I'm sorry, I won't check the source code. It's pretty awesome that you took the time to make this, but if I'm going to have to check it I might as well make a page on the website with the code I already wrote. :Ua

True, true. I think I did everything right, though, so it should be fine.
Still, people shouldn't pin me down on the chances the calculator gives. There's always a chance there's a flaw in the code somewhere.

Red Jester wrote:
Wow, this is really useful! I am pretty much horrible with figuring out breeding, so. Thanks a lot!

though I think this math is off:

v Everstone (PT)
v Special nature
v Egg Scope

The chance of getting a sucessfully Everstone-bred child is 50%.

?__? I thought it would be more like 5%?

Going by the information found in the breeding guide:
Pt default succes rate for Everstone breeding the sprite is 50%. You have an Egg Scope so it doesn't get halved.
Also, sprite isn't Emerald or below, so you won't get the halved chance because of the special nature (even if it was Emerald or below, you have an Egg Scope, so you go unaffected).
This is where things get kind of.. iffy, though. I believe the 50% chance if for the sprite only, and 5% is for both sprite AND nature. Because:
"If you are breeding for a nature with a parent that has a sprite type that has a greater than 5% chance of being passed down (Crystal and up), you will occasionally to always get a child with that sprite type, even if the nature isn't passed down. The retrieval fee for the special nature still applies."

I'll correct that in the code, have it give separate sprite and nature chances if sprite is above Emerald, seeing as how you can get a sprite-passdown and a sprite-nature-passdown.

Long story short: Sprites above Emerald have "normal" chance of passing down sprite only, 5% chance of passing down nature only, and [normal] * 5% chance of passing down both, right?

EDIT: Okay, it should be fixed now. I think all is correct and well. Also put the changes in the changelog.
Again, don't pin me down on the values you get!

Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:20 am
Profile WWW
Loner Princess

"If you are breeding for a nature with a parent that has a sprite type that has a greater than 5% chance of being passed down (Crystal and up), you will occasionally to always get a child with that sprite type, even if the nature isn't passed down. The retrieval fee for the special nature still applies."

I believe this line is referring to the fact that there's a random chance of getting a retro in any breeding, with or without an everstone.
For example, if I were trying to breed a Gold sprite with an everstone, there's still a 1 in 5,000 (based on the Retro Rates Deconstructed guide) that I could just, by random chance, get a Gold sprite. Because it was random chance, it might have a different nature from whatever the everstone-holding parent is.
However, due to the way daycare fees are calculated, I would still have to pay as if the everstone had worked successfully. Even though, technically, it didn't.
And if you had a special nature parent, even though they got a "normal" nature because the sprite was randomly generated as a Gold sprite, you would pay the special nature fee in the everstone fee too, again because of how it is calculated.

* Special Nature Doc *

Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:28 am

xxKarachan wrote:

I believe this line is referring to the fact that there's a random chance of getting a retro in any breeding, with or without an everstone.
For example, if I were trying to breed a Gold sprite with an everstone, there's still a 1 in 5,000 (based on the Retro Rates Deconstructed guide) that I could just, by random chance, get a Gold sprite. Because it was random chance, it might have a different nature from whatever the everstone-holding parent is.
However, due to the way daycare fees are calculated, I would still have to pay as if the everstone had worked successfully. Even though, technically, it didn't.
And if you had a special nature parent, even though they got a "normal" nature because the sprite was randomly generated as a Gold sprite, you would pay the special nature fee in the everstone fee too, again because of how it is calculated.

Good point, but one major flaw. It says occasionally to always get a child with that special sprite type. This is nothing like the random encounter rate, which is much, much lower than "occasionally to always".

Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:32 am
Profile WWW
Loner Princess

Ah, I must have missed the "always" part.
And then I recall how Shiro said that if you randomly get the sprite you're breeding for, you still get charged, iirc, and so I assumed that's what the line was talking about.

[Edit] But then again, if you were breeding a special-natured HGSS pokemon, you would always get the sprite type, but the fee change for special nature doesn't always apply. I dunno how it would go with special-natured HGSS2 pokemon....

* Special Nature Doc *

Last edited by xxKarachan on Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:47 am

Thanks for doing this, now I don't need to memorize formulas !
I'm currently learning php/html, and would love practicing it. let me know if you need help with the fee calculator :)

>> My shop <<
Wishlist | Journal
DeviantArt | youTube
Top monsters site | Demo 0.1

Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:51 am

xxKarachan wrote:
Ah, I must have missed the "always" part.
And then I recall how Shiro said that if you randomly get the sprite you're breeding for, you still get charged, iirc, and so I assumed that's what the line was talking about.

[Edit] But then again, if you were breeding a special-natured HGSS pokemon, you would always get the sprite type, but the fee change for special nature doesn't always apply. I dunno how it would go with special-natured HGSS2 pokemon....

Some of the fee calculation still confuses me, too. But meh, I got four weeks to mentally prepare before I can start working on that.

Yep, leaving for a well-earned vacation in a few hours from now. I might be able to figure out a way to edit it if something's really wrong with it, but don't count on a really fast reaction time.

@silverwind: Oh~, another aspiring programmer/whatnot! I'll let you know if I need any help, but prefer figuring it out myself, seeing as how you learn most from doing that. Thanks a bunch though!

Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:14 am
Profile WWW
Loner Princess

xD Thankfully, most of my breeding is pretty straightforward and simple, so I don't have to worry so much.

Enjoy your vacation though~

* Special Nature Doc *

Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:21 am
Leading King

The chance of Everstone success for special natures is always 5% or below. What the breeding guide refers to is that you can get just the sprite and not the nature (though it happens rarely and randomly) and get charged the fee for the sprite alone.

Twitter | Reversed Side A archive

Please, ask VDex gameplay questions in the help forum.

Spoiler: show
Image Image

Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:02 am
Profile WWW

This calculator is the best thing that has ever happened to me.

Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:24 pm

ugh, I'm confused.

I just came back, so that may be it. I'll get a good night's rest and take a good look at it tomorrow. I think there's some things to correct.

Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:38 am
Profile WWW

It's okay, I believe I got this.
That's right, I believe everything is perfectly correct this time.

Just so you guys can check what I missed, here is a list of nerfs I included:

If special nature is present: sprite is emerald or below: half chance. sprite is higher than emerald: set chance to 5% (doesn't occur when you have an egg scope)
Half the percentage (if you don't own an egg scope)
If Everstone parent is Ditto, half the percentage.

That really is it. Looking back at it, it isn't all that complicated.

So yeah, v1.2 now. Finalised version, I think. I'm very positive everything works as it's calculated on VDex, so I guess I have to move on to the fee calculator now.

Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:28 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 84 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next