It is currently Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:53 am

Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
☁ The Natural Guide to Pokemon Natures and Capsules 

Last Updated: 2 November 2013

██ Welcome
        ………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

██ What are Natures exactly?
          In the Pokemon Games, natures were important for the purpose of battling and allowed the player to focus on increasing a certain stat. These stats are broken up into Attack, Defense, Sp. Attack, Sp. Defense and Speed. Each nature will affect two of these stats and determines how your pokemon will grow. One stat will increase by 10% and another will decrease by 10% and depending on the type of nature, will depend on the type of berry that your pokemon likes to eat. Because of this, there are 25 normal natures that the pokemon you catch in the wild will have; there are 5 natures (Bashful, Docile, Hardy, Quirky & Serious) that both raises and lowers the same stat and for all intents and purposes are considered neutral and will not have a preferred berry flavour. This has been arranged in a table ()

Please refer to the for the full list of berries by flavour. All Custom Natures, with the exception of CAPS natures, are neutral with their liked and disliked flavours.

The donation item Secret Potion Image allows you to change your pokemon nature. This does not work with custom natures.

██ Custom Natures
          There are a number of special natures available on vdex which has been achieved through using a ball or applying a capsule.
          To apply or remove capsules, head over to the Capsule Service.
          Once a ball or a capsule has been used, the ball on the pokemon information page will change accordingly.
          A Image Removal Capsule costs Image10,000 each (or 1 DP from the DP Shop).
          Do note that the old capsule will be gone forever if you remove it.

Capsules cannot be applied to your pokemon if it is in a:
          - Cherish Ball Image
          - Shiny Ball Image
          - Cross Ball Image
          - POKé Ball Image

Capsules can only be applied on pokemon with default natures and will not work on ball natures. Any capsule that you apply to your pokemon will be logged.

██ Event Natures
          Santa's Grab Bag 2009
          Dazzling Nature
          Only one Budew was released by Shiro.
          It gives the pokemon the effect of holding a Book of Llunec.
          It is unbreedable and the only one of its kind.

Halloween 2010
          Image ... Nature.
          Appeared in the wild and when caught, would be holding a Pumpkin Powder.
          When in the party, GHOST will change all party pokemon to the same sprite temporarily.

Christmas 2010 - The Lonely One
          Image Image
          Image Image Lonely Nature > Radiant Nature.
          The Lonely One becomes The Radiant One (and subsequently shiny) when at max happiness during the Christmas 2010 event.
          Retro versions of Rayquaza were also available to be made shiny by this method.
          Rayquaza's dex data now registers as seen.

November 2011 - ?
          Image 111111 Nature

Porygon-Z comes with Pokérus and the ? item with te ability to spread the Pokérus .
          Explanation (here) .

November 2011 - Troll Mew
          Image Oh hi. Nature

Obtained through the Anniversary Event of 2011 by trading in enough Anniversary Points.

December 2011 - Holiday Cherubi
          Image Image
          Festive Nature (Holly) / Cupid Nature (Mistletoe)

By attaching a Image Tiny Bauble from the Event to a HGSS/2 Cherubi it will turn into a Holiday Cherubi! When attaching to a normal Cherubi, it has a 10% chance of becoming shiny, 100% if original Cherubi is shiny. These Cherubi cannot be bred or evolved.

June 2012 - Wishful Natured Starters for Tanabata 2012
          Image Image Image Image Image Image
          Image Image Image
          Wishes could be traded in for a random BW Starter with the Wishful Nature and comes in a Wish Ball Image.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
          Christmas Capsules - Available during Christmas 2010. Cosmetic Only.
          Changes pokeball to the following ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
          Adds snowflakes to a pokemon's background.

ImageSpecial Natures/Battle Items Giveaway - 6 Natures
          Grass Types: Fragrant nature, with a Grass Gem or a Miracle Seed. Oddish, Cherubi, Bellsprout and Hoppip given away, as well as a Shaymin.
          Fire Types: Burninating nature, with a Fire Gem or a Charcoal. Vulpix, Growlithe, Ponyta, Magmar, Slugma, Torkoal and Numel given away, as well as a Heatran.
          Fighting Types: GAR nature, with a Fighting Gem or a Black Belt. Mankey, Machop, Meditite, Mienfoo, Makuhita and Timburr given away, as well as a Virizion.
          Flying Types: Airhead nature, with a Flying Gem or a Sharp Beak. Pidgey, Spearow, Doduo, Farfetch'd, Hoothoot, Natu, Murkrow, Taillow, Wingull, Swablu, Starly, Chatot and Pidove given away, as well as a Tornadus.
          Bug Types: M'39hPoK^u?é nature, with a Bug Gem or a SilverPowder. Oodles of bugs were given away, as well as a Genesect.
          Water Types: Bubbly nature, with a Water Gem or a Mystic Water. A number of water pokemon were given away.

██ Natured Dittos
          Using the Held Item on a Ditto, the sprite will change to the Natured ditto and give it a nature. Shiny ditto may have differing nature if applicable. If used on a normal ditto, it has a 10% chance of becoming the shiny sprite and that respective nature. Will only work on HGSS Dittos. Will not work on Ditto with special natures.

Everstone%: Can't pass down the sprite, since you can't breed Ditto eggs. Its nature, however, can be passed down via breeding at a normal chance (5% or lower with Everstone or 10% with SecretPotion).
          Shiny%: 10% with Item, 100% if shiny with Item, normal chance when breeding.
          Other: Cannot be used for BrightPowder breeding. Identical to regular Ditto otherwise.

August 2011
          Zan Capsule Image: Zan Capsule Nature
          November 2011
          4-Koma Image:Nyoro~n Nature
          December 2011
          Challenge Mail Image: Challenge Accepted Nature / Close Enough Nature
          June 2012
          Good Card Image: Poker Face Nature / Bad Poker Face Nature
          April 2013
          Flower Image: (◡‿◡✿) Nature & "That's nice, but you're wrong." / (⊙‿⊙✿) Nature & "I will kill everyone you hold dear."
          May 2013
          My Flower Image: (ʘ‿ʘ)ノ✿ Nature & "Hold my flower." blurb / ✿\(。-_-。) Nature & "kick his ass baby i got yo flower" blurb.

██ Zodiac Scroll Natures
          January 2012 - December 2012

Using the Zodiac Scroll Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Held Item on the appropriate pokemon. It will change its sprite into that of Zodiac Pokemon, give it a custom nature (see above), and the item will disappear. If used on a shiny Pokemon, the result will always be shiny. If used on regular Pokemon, it has a 10% of becoming a shiny Zodiac Pokemon. Will work on any of Pokemon's forms (in the case of Sawsbuck for instance). Will not work on Pre-evolutions (like Deerling). Will not work on Pokemon with special natures.

Everstone%: Can't pass down the sprite. Its nature, however, can be passed down via breeding at a normal chance (5% or lower with Everstone or 10% with SecretPotion). Pokemon will retain its original form for offspring purposes - so if you use the item on a say a Spring Sawsbuck, it can breed Spring Deerling if female, paired with Ditto, or holding a Heart Scale.
          Shiny%: 10% with Zodiac Scroll, 100% if shiny with Zodiac Scroll.
          Other: Can be used for BrightPowder breeding. Will not change forms with the season, and does not have different forms based on its original form.
          Image Image Image ImageImage Image
          Capricorn (Sawsbuck): Objective, Workaholic, Disciplined or Composed Nature
          Aquarius (Azumarill): Friendly, Original, Inventive or Independent Nature
          Pisces (Finneon): Imaginative, Compassionate, Selfless or Intuitive Nature
          Aries (Mareep): Adventurous, Energetic, Dynamic or Quick-Witted Nature
          Taurus (Tauros): Patient, Reliable, Determined, Affectionate Nature
          Gemini (Plusle): Lively, Eloquent, Versatile or Intellectual Nature
          Cancer (Krabby): Emotional, Sensitive, Smooth or Sentimental Nature
          Leo (Luxray): Confident, Enthusiastic, Open-Minded or Vain Nature
          Virgo (Gardevoir): Perfectionist, Organized, Analytical or Fussy Nature
          Libra (Chandelure): Idealistic, Charming, Sociable or Indecisive Nature
          Scorpio (Skorupi): Passionate, Magnetic, Secretive or Powerful Nature
          Sagittarius (Zebstrika): Jovial, Straightforward, Bright or Humorous Nature

██ Substitute Dolls
          July 2012
          The held item Substitute Doll Image can be given to any pokemon and its sprite will be replaced by the sprite of that generation when using the move Substitute.

Everstone%: You can't pass down the Substitute sprite, but you can pass down the Pokémon's original sprite (except for event sprites, which default to HG/SS) and its new nature.
          Shiny%: 10% with Substitute Doll, 100% if shiny with Substitute Doll.
          Other: Can be used for BrightPowder breeding.
          Natures: Punching Bag, my face :(, please don't hurt me, that hurts!!

Image Image Image Image Image
          Image Image Image Image Image

██ Ball Natures

ImageDerp Ball - 7 Natures
          …………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Derpy ┊ Lulzy ┊ what is this i don't even ┊ HURR
          slowpoke.jpg ┊ well i never ┊ Special Snowflake

ImageCAPS BALL - 12 Natures - CAPS natures like Spicy

AWESOME ┊ EXTREME ┊ BADASS ┊ THE BEST ┊ AWSMSAUCE ┊ SEAKING ┊ HAX
          SPARTAAAAAAAA ┊ POWERFUL ┊ BLOCKS BO FOR 16 HOURS ┊ OBJECTION! ┊ SUPER

ImageRocket Ball - 31 Natures

Villainous ┊ Rogue ┊ Evildoer ┊ Miscreant ┊ Rascal ┊ Scoundrel ┊ Knavish
          Reprehensible ┊ Nefarious ┊ Shady ┊ Vile ┊ Wicked ┊ Loathsome ┊ Lout
          Thieving ┊ I AM YOUR FATHER ┊ Just As Planned ┊ Huge Success ┊ Craven Cur
          Dastardly ┊ Moldy Onions ┊ Dethhhhpicable ┊ Lex Luthor ┊ Took 40 Cakes
          That's as Many as Four Tens ┊ And that's terrible. ┊ How are you gentlemen !!
          All your base are belong to us. ┊ Ha ha ha ha ... ┊ You are on the way to destruction.
          You have no chance to survive make your time.

██ Capsule Natures

ImageBro Capsule - 15 Natures

Bro ┊ Broetic ┊ Brofessional ┊ Brofist ┊ Brofive ┊ Broforce ┊ Brogit ┊ Brotastic
          Brolicious ┊ Bromantic ┊ Broking ┊ Brofessor Oak ┊ You wanna play Gamecube?
          Bros b4 Pokémon of negotiable virtue ┊ I've got some Tanny Ice

ImageClassy Capsule - 18 Natures

An ode to class ┊ Dignified ┊ Gentleman ┊ Posh ┊ Dapper ┊ Swanky
          Fashionable ┊ Dashing ┊ Pulchritudinous ┊ Old Bean ┊ Chipper ┊ Jolly Good
          Exquisite ┊ Elementary, my dear Watson. ┊ I do say! ┊ Have at thee!
          My good friend, have you seen my hat? ┊ Wot wot

ImageCrassy Capsule - 18 Natures

Crass ┊ Pathetic ┊ Poltroon ┊ Disgraceful ┊ Unsophisticated ┊ Crude
          Boorish ┊ Pretentious ┊ Shabby ┊ Frumpy ┊ Gaudy ┊ Kitsch ┊ Trashy
          Cheesy ┊ Trite ┊ Check out my sweet hat ┊ Gangsta ┊ Stole yo' bike

ImageMoonspeak Capsule - 25 Natures

Hardworking ┊ Loner ┊ Gallant ┊ Obstinate ┊ Mischievous ┊ Cheeky ┊ Meek
          Carefree ┊ Prankster ┊ Optimistic ┊ Cowardly ┊ Impatient ┊ Diligent ┊ Cheerful
          Innocent ┊ Reserved ┊ Soft ┊ Serene ┊ Shy ┊ Careless ┊ Kind ┊ Obedient
          Saucy ┊ Prudent ┊ Fickle

ImageHeart Capsule - 25 Natures

Romantic ┊ Dreamy ┊ Lovestruck ┊ Shoujo Bubbles ┊ ♥ ┊ ♥ ┊ tildes everywhere~
          less than three ┊ What is love ┊ Baby don't hurt me ┊ No more ┊ Roma-ro-ma-ma
          I love you ┊ You love me ┊ We're a happy family~ ┊ Always~ ┊ I wanna be with you
          And make believe with you ┊ And live in harmony, harmony ┊ Oh love~*~
          gee gee gee gee baby baby baby ┊ Baby baby baby oh ┊ Don't hurt me
          As long as you love me~ ┊ And III-e-III will aaalways love yooouuu

ImageZ Capsule - 20 Natures

Never gonna give you up ┊ Never gonna let you down ┊ Never gonna run around and desert you
          Never gonna make you cry ┊ Never gonna say goodbye ┊ Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you
          trollface.jpg ┊ The Game ┊ (you just lost it) ┊ awesome.jpg ┊ They see me trollin ┊ u mad?
          They hatin┊ Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
          desu ┊ Your Mom. ┊ Serious Business. ┊ no1curr ┊ hth ┊ Candlejack can cause

ImageAsh Capsule - 21 Natures

smrt ┊ WHAT ┊ what even ┊ Huhwha ┊ I can't believe it's not butter ┊ What? No.
          Fail ┊ what u say ┊ my hed iz pastede on yay ┊ fgsfds ┊ wait what ┊ FFFFUUUUUUUU
          i accidentally my computer ┊ oh god how did this get here ┊ I am not good with computers
          How do I catched Pokemans? ┊ how is babby formed ┊ how girl get pragnent
          i am truley sorry for your lots ┊ THEN WHO WAS PHONE? ┊ how u mine 4 fish?

ImageSad Capsule - 21 Natures

forever alone ┊ sadface ┊ :c ┊ please love me ┊ don't leave meeeee
          /reeeeeaches ┊ n-noooooo ┊ sob ┊ b-but i love you ┊ ;n; ┊ i made you a cookie
          but i eated it ┊ i has a sad ┊ depress ┊ life sucks and then you die
          i can has hug?? ┊ the world's smallest violin ┊ won't you please be my friend
          crawling in my skin ┊ these wounds they will not heal ┊ keanu

ImageLight Ralts - 21 Natures
            A Image Light Sword (DP Item January 2013) may be given to a Ralts, Kirlia, Gardevoir or Gallade to change the sprite.
            A Image Light Capsule (DP Item January 2013) may be given to any eligible Pokemon to change its nature to one of those available.

Holy ┊ Blessed ┊ Gallant Knightly ┊ Heroic ┊ Angelic ┊ Sacred ┊ Charitable
          Virtuous ┊ Just ┊ Magnanimous ┊ Courageous ┊ Goody-Two-Shoes ┊ Good Feels Good
          Allergic To Evil ┊ For Great Justice ┊ Good In A Can ┊ Knight In Shining Armor
          One Does Not Simply Walk Into Mordor. ┊ Lawful Good ┊ Neutral Good ┊ Chaotic Good

ImageDark Ralts - 21 Natures
            A Image Dark Sword (DP Item February 2013) may be given to a Ralts, Kirlia, Gardevoir or Gallade to change the sprite.
            A Image Dark Capsule (DP Item January 2013) may be given to any eligible Pokemon to change its nature to one of those available.

Unholy ┊ Cursed ┊ Marauding ┊ Cruel ┊ Devilish ┊ Defiled ┊ Selfish
          Sinful ┊ Cheating ┊ Vengeful ┊ Repugnant ┊ Terrible ┊ Evil Feels Good
          Affably Evil ┊ Chronic Villain ┊ Evil In A Can ┊ Silence, You Fool!
          Simply Walks Into Mordor. ┊ Lawful Evil ┊ Neutral Evil ┊ Chaotic Evil

ImageAllen Capsule - 21 Natures

Motherly ┊ Nurturing ┊ Caring ┊ Tender ┊ Loving ┊ Attentive ┊ Warm
          Protective ┊ Devoted ┊ Loyal ┊ Housemaid ┊ Yamato Nadeshiko
          Secret Badass ┊ Please don't forget your coat. ┊ Would you like something to eat?
          I packed you a boxed lunch. ┊ Please don't go to bed too late. ┊ Milk is good for you.
          I knit you a sweater! ┊ It's dangerous to go alone! Take this. ┊ aaaa blblblbl

ImageZan Capsule - 21 Natures

Pimpin' ┊ Seductive ┊ Flirty ┊ Don Juan ┊ Casanova ┊ Love Warrior ┊ Smooth Talker
          In your pants ┊ Awwww yeah ┊ Dat rump ┊ Wink wink ┊ You come here often?
          Is it hot in here or is it just you? ┊ Did it hurt when you fell from heaven?
          Your name must be Mickey cuz you so fine ┊ Eyebrow wiggle ┊ o bby ┊ All the single ladies
          Chichi chichi oppai boing boing ┊ My tra-la-la ┊ Mmmm my ding ding dong

ImageLyrit Capsule - 21 Natures

somewhat psychotic ┊ Obsessive ┊ Vindictive ┊ Possessive ┊ Jealous
          maybe a little creepy ┊ Devoted. Overly so. ┊ Dangerous ┊ Sharp. And pointy.
          Deadly ┊ I'll follow you until you love me~ ┊ Tildes~ ┊ I feel very... protective... of you.
          Watching you sleep :) ┊ Stabbity stab ┊ just a little deranged
          Knives? I'm not sure what you're talking about~ :) ┊ Murderous thoughts? What murderous thoughts? :)
          I'm perfectly calm. :) ┊ I'm sure you'll find some use for an extra bodily orifice. :)
          This is the skin of a killer, _____.

ImageShort Capsule - 20 Natures

Tsun ┊ Wee little ball of rage ┊ FFFFF ┊ WHAT DO YOU WANT ┊ GO AWAY
          YEAH WELL YOUR FACE IS STUPID ┊ WHO DID YOU CALL A MIDGET ┊ NO GET OUT
          I HATE YOU ┊ AUGH!! ┊ VERY MANLY OK ┊ Still growing!! ┊ NOPE NOPE NOPE
          Wh-what are you looking at! ┊ Don't touch me! ┊ GOD DAMN IT ┊ FML ┊ SHUT UP
          It's not like I like it or anything! ┊ >X(

ImageFairy Capsule - 17 Natures

Sparkly ┊ Dainty ┊ Glowy ┊ Chatty ┊ Talkative ┊ Hey! Listen! ┊ Annoying
          Insufferable ┊ Mostly Unhelpful ┊ Sidekick ┊ Never Shuts Up ┊ Platonically In Love
          Captain Obvious ┊ Exclamation Marks!!! ┊ Where's the mute button? ┊ Magical ┊ Fairly Odd

ImageFlower Capsule - 12 Natures
          * Please be warned that I am aware that the natures shown are not appearing correctly. Please refer to the thread for the natures.

(◕‿◕✿) ┊ (◠‿◠✿) ┊ (♥‿♥✿) ┊ (≧◡≦✿) ┊ (*◡*✿) ┊ (◉◡◉✿)
          (°◡°✿) ┊ (ಠ◡ಠ✿) ┊ (´◡`✿) ┊ (T◡T✿) ┊ (╹◡╹✿) ┊ (☆◡☆✿)

ImageAnime Capsule - 20 Natures

Shounen Hero ┊ Shoujo Heroine ┊ Senpai ┊ Kouhai ┊ Magical Girl ┊ Cute Mascot
          Kawaii ┊ Kawaii as hell ┊ Moe ┊ Jerk With A Heart Of Gold ┊ I hope senpai notices me...
          The only one who can defeat me is me ┊ people die when they are killed... ┊ I'll take a potato chip... and eat it!
          /人◕‿‿◕ 人\ ┊ Believe in the me who believes in you! ┊ It's time to d-d-d-d-d-d-d-duel
          It's over nine THOUSAAAAAND ┊ zetsubou shitaaaaa ┊ I will punish you in the name of the Moon!

ImageYour Capsule - 20 Natures

Whimsical ┊ *facepalm* ┊ Legendary ┊ we got a badass over here ┊ whatever it was, I didn't do it
          True Story ┊ Lucky ┊ Quixotic ┊ YOLO ┊ Raging Fangirl ┊ Ain't nobody got time for that
          Petite ┊ Undead ┊ Goddess ┊ Mafioso ┊ Cynical ┊ Khaleesi ┊ what does this button do?
          Suit Up ┊ AND I'M JAVERT

ImageChef Capsule - 25 Natures

Delicious ┊ Delectable ┊ Succulent ┊ Sweet&Spicy ┊ Slight Aftertaste ┊ omnomnom
          Would you like fries with that? ┊ IT'S RAW!! ┊ nothing quite like having your friends for dinner
          Soylent Green ┊ the sausage is people ┊ don't eat me i'm not tasty ┊ the other white meat
          friend, not food ┊ tastes like chicken ┊ THEY'RE EATING HER ┊ AND THEN THEY'RE GONNA EAT ME
          OH MY GOOOOOOOD ┊ laughing alone with salad ┊ peanut butter jelly time ┊ the cake is a lie
          make me a sandwich ┊ VOLCANO BAKEMEAT ┊ Slimy, yet satisfying. ┊ i can has cheezburger?

ImagePunny Capsule - 23 Natures

Not Gonna Raichu A Love Song ┊ Kakuna Rattata ┊ ONIXCEPTABLE ┊ Rick Gastly ┊ Spheal With It
          Swagblu ┊ Absol-utely Not ┊ Can't Read My Pokéface ┊ Wynaut Tho ┊ No Shaymin Being Fabulous
          They Asked Furret ┊ Taking A Pikachu ┊ Bayleef It! ┊ Archen't Believe It's Not Butterfree
          Latios, Amigos! ┊ Don't Jynx It ┊ On A Magikarpet Ride ┊ Can I Axew A Question?
          The Boys Arbok In Town ┊ Entei At Your Own Risk ┊ Snorlaxio Caine ┊ YYYYEEEEAAAAHHHH ┊ (⌐■_■)

ImageSpooky Capsule - 8 Natures
          It will also give your pokemon a ghost sprite. Only works on HGSS/2 and BW sprites.

Spooky ┊ Scary ┊ Creepy ┊ Ominous
          Eerie ┊ Ghastly ┊ Unearthly ┊ Pumpkin King

ImageKaomoji Capsule - 24 Natures
          * Please be warned that I am aware that the natures shown are not appearing correctly. Please refer to the thread for the natures.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ┊ (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻ ┊ ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ) ┊ ლ(́◉◞౪◟◉‵ლ) ┊ ☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆
          ◝(◍•ᴗ•◍)◜ ┊ ส้้้้้ωส้้้้้ ┊ ( ´_ゝ`) ┊ ヽ( ̄д ̄;)ノ=3=3=3 ┊ ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴ ┊ щ(゜ロ゜щ) ┊ ヽ(゜ロ゜;)ノ
          (●´∀`●) ┊ (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ ┊ (ಥ_ಥ) ┊ ψ(`∇´)ψ ┊ ヽ(#゚Д゚)ノ┌┛Σ(ノ´Д`)ノ ┊ =ΦωΦ=
          (´・ω・`) ┊ ¯(°_o)/¯ ┊ ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ ┊ ( ˘ ³˘) ┊ ヘ(;´Д`ヘ) ┊ ( ・_・)ノ⌒●~*

✁- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Pure Happiness (✿◠‿◠)
      Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage

✁- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Last edited by ryousuke on Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:47 pm, edited 103 times in total.

Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:04 am
Profile WWW

██ Everstone Breeding Custom Natures
          I'm not going to go into too much depth about Breeding Custom Natures when guides like the Advanced Breeding Guide offers a more comprehensive coverage on this topic.

A few notes about Special Nature Breeding:
          1. The passing down of natures occurs at a minimum of 5% (1/20) when breeding with an everstone but no eggscope.
          2. If you do not own an eggscope but have an everstone the Retrieval Fee is the Base Fee.
          3. Only when you do own an an eggscope, the Retrieval Fee is Base Fee * 20 to reflect the 5% of special nature passing.

██ Pokemon Characteristics
          Pokemon Characteristics are the little blurb you see underneath their nature.
          There are 30 normal characteristics with each characteristic is based off their stats. ()

Through the use of the donation item Special Potion Image it is possible to copy the personality blurbs.

There are a set of characteristics that are unique only to Vdex.
            Image ┊ ? ┊ November 2011 ┊ 010011110110111001100101
            Image ┊ Troll Mew ┊ November 2011 ┊ I hope I'm not... getting in the way.
            Image ┊ Holiday Cherubi ┊ Image Tiny Bauble / December 2011 ┊ Always in good cheer.
            Image ┊ Shiny Holiday Cherubi ┊ Image Tiny Bauble / December 2011 ┊ Brings couples together.
            Image ┊ BSOD Missingno ┊ Image 0x0 Error ┊ Oh, for crying out loud—
            Image ┊ BSOD Missingno ┊ Image 0x0 Error ┊ Great, now it makes sad faces at me.
            Image ┊ Challenge Accepted Ditto ┊ Image Challenge Mail ┊ Gonna be a goddamn Pokémon master.
            Image ┊ Close Enough Ditto ┊ Image Challenge Mail ┊ ...Got consolation prize in the Pokémon League.
            Image ┊ Poker Face ┊ Image Good Card ┊ :|
            Image ┊ Bad Poker Face ┊ Image Good Card ┊ Um haha... ha.
            Image ┊ (◡‿◡✿) ┊ Image Flower ┊ That's nice, but you're wrong.
            Image ┊ (⊙‿⊙✿) ┊ Image Flower ┊ I will kill everyone you hold dear.
            Image ┊ (ʘ‿ʘ)ノ✿ ┊ Image My Flower ┊ Hold my flower.
            Image ┊ ✿\(。-_-。) ┊ Image My Flower ┊ kick his ass baby i got yo flower
            Image ┊ Shiro's Regirock ┊ Unobtainable ┊ NO GO AWAY

██ Donation Pokemon
          But wait there's more! Donation pokemon all have their own special natures and the re-released donation pokemon have their own special personality blurb that are available only to them. In the order of release:

Sprite & Name -Image Date Released / Image Re-released ┊ Nature ┊ Personality Blurb
            Image Yun ┊ November 2009 / December 2011
              Megane-kun
              A personality is the combination of emotions, behaviors and attitudes specific to each individual; in other words, it is the pattern through which—
            Image Zan ┊ December 2009 / January 2012
              Idiot
              Hey babe. You come here often? No? Did it hurt when you fell from heaven, then? Because you look like an ange— ow!
            Image Nao ┊ January 2010 / February 2012
              Distant
              ...It is a cave.
            Image Hari ┊ January 2010 / March 2012
              Distant
              ...It is dark.
            Image Allen ┊ February 2010 / April 2012
              Mommy
              Please don't forget your coat. And your umbrella. And your boxed lunch. And your medicine.
            Image Ash ┊ March 2010 / May 2012
              Idiot
              Huh? What's UST? ...UNF? OTP? OT3? What are you laughing at!!
            Image Ada ┊ March 2010 / June 2012
              Tsundere
              Date? My boot has a date. With your rump.
            Image Lyrit ┊ March 2010 / July 2012
              Yandere
              Brings knives to gun fights... and every other occasion.
            Image Bel ┊ May 2010 / August 2012
              Truthful
              A trusted source of honesty at all times. Really.
            Image Rei ┊ June 2010 / September 2012
              Sarcastic
              Well aren't you the best Pokémon trainer ever.
            Image Jan ┊ June 2010 / September 2012
              Gullible
              G-g-g-g-ghosts...? Um. I. Um.
            Image Z ┊ July 2010 / October 2012
              Troll
            Image Mei ┊ August 2010 / November 2012
              Persuasive
              Shut up, Umphy. ♥
            Image Triumph ┊ September 2010 / December 2012
              Toppable
              That wasn't in the job description!
            Image Violetta ┊ October 2010 / January 2013
              Loli
              Jack likes you... maybe.
            Image Ree ┊ November 2010 / July 2013
              Practical
              May I help you with anything else?
            Image Lucius ┊ December 2010 / August 2013
              Classy
              My, but you smell... delectable.
            Image Shane ┊ January 2011 / September 2013
              Excite!!
              Follow your dreams!! Embrace your destiny!!! Exclamation marks!!!!
            Image NOT Elle ┊ February 2011 / October 2013
              NOT A VOLTORB
              If you ask me if I am a voltorb one more time I swear to Arceus
            Image Bailey ┊ March 2011 / November 2013
              Huh? Oh.
              Pays utmost attention to everything. But not really.
            Image Reed ┊ April 2011
              All your berry are belong to me.
            Image Rai ┊ May 2011
              this is not sparta. i am lost :C.
            Image Noir ┊ September 2011
              Hello... nurse...?
            Image Labcoat Dude ┊ October 2011
              Typical Brooding Antihero
            Image Regirock ┊ February 2013
              NO!!! nature.
              NO GO AWAY. ...Is that milk?
            Image Regice ┊ March 2013
              Cold (ba dum tss) nature.
              Yes I'm a guy. Yes I wear lipstick.
            Image Registeel ┊ April 2013
              B) nature.
              So, how's the weather down there?
            Image Regigigas ┊ May 2013
              ... nature.
            Image Marie ┊ June 2013
              Artsy nature.
              But why does the other eye always look terrible?!

██ Updates
            3 November 2013 - Updated Layout. Added Spooky Capsule, Kaomoji Capsule, and NOT Elle and Bailey.
            22 September 2013 - Added Punny Capsule, and Shane.
            5 August 2013 - Added Chef Capsule, and Lucius.
            2 July 2013 - Added Your Capsule, and Ree.
            2 June 2013 - Added Anime Capsule, and Marie.
            2 May 2013 - Added Flower Dittos, and Regigigas.
            28 March 2013 - Added Flower Dittos, Flower Capsule and Registeel.
            11 March 2013 - Added Wishful, Substitutes, Dark Sword and Dark Capsule, Regiice, Regirock and Fairy Capsules.
            1 January 2013 - Added Sagittarius Zebstrika, Triumph and Violetta's Personalised blurb, and the uses of the Light Sword and Light Capsule.
            2 November 2012 - Added Scorpio Skorupi & Mei's Personalised blurb.
            3 October 2012 - Added Virgo Gardevoirs, Libra Chandelures & moved Donation Pokemon Characteristics Section.
            27 July 2012 - Added Leo Luxray & Characteristics Section.
            13 June 2012 - Added Gemini Plusle & Card Dittos
            08 May 2012 - Added Taurus Tauros & Short Capsule
            05 April 2012 - Added Pisces Finneon & Aries Mareep
            30 January 2012 - Added Aquarius Azumarill.
            27 December 2011 - Added Challenge Dittos, Lyrit Capsule and Capricorn Sawsbuck.
            8 December 2011 - Added Labcoat Dude & Nyoron Dittos (it only took 2 months...lol)
            7 September 2011 - Added Noir.
            4 August 2011 - Added Zan Capsule. Special Natures/Battle Items Giveaway has ended.
            18 July 2011 - Fixed errors.
            9 July 2011- Added Allen Capsule and Natures. Added Bubbly Nature from Special Natures/Battle Items Giveaway.
            19 June 2011 - Fixed the error with the Bug items from Special Natures/Battle Items Giveaway.
            18 June 2011 - Added Airhead and M'39hPoK^u?é Natures from Special Natures/Battle Items Giveaway.
            9 June 2011 - Added Fragrant, Burninating and GAR Natures from Special Natures/Battle Items Giveaway.
            29 May 2011 - Added Light and Dark Ralts Natures.
            30 April 2011 - Fixed Rai's nature. Added the Dazzling Budew from 2009.
            29 April 2011 - Added Sad Capsule and Natures. Added Rai.
            8 April 2011 - Updated list of natures when applying the Ash Capsule.
            30 March 2011 - Added Ash Capsule and Natures. Added Reed.
            23 March 2011 - Added DERPS and CAPS natures. Added Christmas Capsules.
            22 March 2011 - Fixed a few small things.

██ Links
            You may find the following links helpful.

General Information
          • Nature article from Bulbapedia

✁- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Pure Happiness (✿◠‿◠)

✁- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Last edited by ryousuke on Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:01 am, edited 45 times in total.

Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:06 am
Profile WWW

Ooh, this is useful, thanks!

Also, the possible DERP and CAPS ball natures are actually listed in the guidebook. So I'd assume it's fine to list them here too.

Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:13 pm
Leading King

Quote:
2. If you do not own an eggscope the Base Fee * 20 = Retrieval Fee

If you don't own an egg scope the retrieval fee is always the base fee.

Twitter | Reversed Side A archive

Please, ask VDex gameplay questions in the help forum.

Spoiler: show
Image Image

Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:20 pm
Profile WWW

Very nice guide. Good job! <3

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:39 pm

@devian:
Thanks x] I'll be sure to add the DERP and CAPS natures in.

@Shiro:
I just wanted to make sure that when breeding with an Everstone and no Eggscope, that the retrieval fee is Base Fee * 20? :D

@Pandan:
Thank you ^^

Pure Happiness (✿◠‿◠)

Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:46 pm
Profile WWW
Leading King

ryousuke wrote:
@devian:
Thanks x] I'll be sure to add the DERP and CAPS natures in.

@Shiro:
I just wanted to make sure that when breeding with an Everstone and no Eggscope, that the retrieval fee is Base Fee * 20? :D

@Pandan:
Thank you ^^

When you don't have an Egg Scope, the retrieval fee is always the base fee. Retrieval fees are only altered if you do own an Egg Scope.

Twitter | Reversed Side A archive

Please, ask VDex gameplay questions in the help forum.

Spoiler: show
Image Image

Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:28 pm
Profile WWW

Thank you for confirming Shiro =D

Pure Happiness (✿◠‿◠)

Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:02 pm
Profile WWW

Ah, a good guide. Having not been that into pokemon, the talk on natures confused me before.

Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:29 pm

/bookmarks this
This is an awesome guide for special nature lovers like myself <33
Thank you for making it, Ryou. :D

Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:22 pm

This guide's really cute! Thanks for it~

twitter | Image | shop

Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:45 pm

@Verae
I hope I demystified some of it for you :D

@Sakuya
I'm very glad you find it useful! Thank you for reading ^^

@carbons
No, thank you for reading~

Pure Happiness (✿◠‿◠)

Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:20 am
Profile WWW

Really useful info, posting as reference so I don't lose this guide later.
Thanks!

Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:21 am

Nice guide :awyeah:

Be my dream in the night,
Kiss me baby, kiss me again.
I never the thought, the night could bring us closer,
Be my dream!

Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:54 pm

Rai's nature is "this is not sparta. i am lost :C", you left out the funniest part :D

ImageImageImage
My Shop and Auctions

Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:33 am

;) Thanks. Fixed!

Pure Happiness (✿◠‿◠)

Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:57 am
Profile WWW

Ryousuke-kun~ you forgot to add the Dazzling-natured Budew that Shirogane gave away on 2009's Santa's Grab Bag :)

Journal Perma-Shop Buying Nature List All-Year Wishlist

Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:20 am

Thanks for the guide! /bookmarks

Selling: Restocking
      Buying: Schmoo's Shiny Dex Dream
      Auction: Nothing

Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:00 am

Ooh. A quicker way to figure out which nature belongs to which capsule... rather than having to trawl through the announcement posts. Thanks :D.

Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:01 am

@sami,
xD I totally forgot about that one. I'll go add that in 8D

;3 thanks everyone!

Pure Happiness (✿◠‿◠)

Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:02 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 68 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next