It is currently Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:48 am

Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Supernatural 

Let us discuss everything ever.

Your favorite episode.
Your favorite character.
Your favorite mythology used.

Your overall thoughts on the new season/past seasons. Whatever! Just talk about this show. Why is there no topic for this yet? FOR SHAME!

{DW} ☣ {Plurk}

Last edited by Scientific on Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:35 am
Profile WWW

First... /saves that gif.

As for discussing part:
I honestly have loved all the episodes, but the main favorites have included Castiel, which happens to be my favorite character along side Dean. Though I love all the characters, but the Campbells this season. I am seriously "Something is up here 8|" with them.

As for this season, I am on a rollercoaster of feelings. First episode was "yeeeeh", second made me a little muh/yay but the recent one made my happy go past "WOOT". All because of Cas.
I love this show but this season makes me feel that they're pushing out stuff now since really...what can top the apocalypse bit they had last season. Don't get me wrong,I am curious to what they do with this season, but still feels a little..."muh" right now.

But honestly interested in how the whole Lisa thing goes since I don't want to see her be that strong female that ends up being killed off because of being close to Dean or something.

I mostly play FFXIV these days.

Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:10 am
Profile WWW

Yeah the Campbells this season are just...sneaky. I don't know who they're working for or whatever but oh man are they being baaaad. MUY MAL!

I liked the first episode it was pretty good in terms of getting back on track what Sam and Dean used to do, you know? I liked the nostalgia that came from it, but yeah I really don't think Dean would have gotten that rusty only a year out of practice. I guess what I don't like about this season is how...nothing has changed. I mean Sam isn't dead and now the who thing with Raphael...it's like they just went in a big circle and that kinda made me :| a little. What the hell was the point besides sealing Lucifer back up then?

I really hope they don't kill her off, I'm kinda sick and tired of all the strong females in this show being killed off for no reason aside from "getting too close to Sam and Dean" but we'll see. Also this season has more Crowley, he's the main guy for the demons apparently, which has me excited since he's my favorite character!

{DW} ☣ {Plurk}

Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:10 pm
Profile WWW

I just started watching Supernatural last year. I'm still not caught up all the way (i'm so glad TNT had a day long marathon for me to catch up a bit), but I've been watching the new season. I'm still all "hmm... what's going on here?" because Sam and the Campbells just don't seem right to me. It just seems too fishy. And I can certainly say that I'm not a fan of Dean's girlfriend. :|

As for a favorite episode, one of my favorites is the episode where Dean gets ghost sickness (s04e06: Yellow Fever). These two videos sum it up pretty well as to why I liked it. :]

Hopefully when we cancel our movie channels on cable and get Netflix, I can catch up on some of the episodes that I've missed.

Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:21 pm
Profile WWW

Season6 is looking alright so far.

Tonight's ep was fun :3

Yay for a Bobby-focused ep!

Imagelj & plurk & twitterImage

Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:36 pm

Tonight's episode was all kinds of crazy. Was not expecting them to touch on Sammy so soon, but happy they did.
That is the smirk that ruins lives!

Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:28 pm

Okay now the episodes are starting to get me hanging on the edge of my seat because of the whole Sam bit finally getting taken care of.

Though last night's episode is leaving me with "D8 DID DEAN...DDDDDDDDD8" even if it did make me a bit happy that it happened because...wtf, Sam. =A=
Also yay more Cas |D

I mostly play FFXIV these days.

Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:22 am
Profile WWW

I stopped watching after
Spoiler: show
the 'final' battle between Michael and Lucifer, where Sam ended up in Hell and Dean went to see one of his ex girlfriends.
Up until that point, I've been watching the show simply because I had nothing better to do. TBH, I never really liked it, even back when it was still fun to watch (and Dean wasn't crying every other episode), but there was something about it that made me keep watching it.

As for favorite characters? The Impala. I love cars, and that baby is just- hot in every way imaginable.
Also, Bobby. I liked him form the first time I saw him. He's just so. Manly. How can one not like him, I can't understand this.

Castiel is adorable too, but I'm not sure how much of my love for him is for the actual character and how much for Mischa Collins. Still, Cas is a pretty cool character.

ᴘʀɪɴᴄᴇ ᴅᴇsᴘɪᴄᴀʙʟᴇ
journal · plurk · tumblr

Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:26 am

Well I just got into it and I haven't really gotten that far.

BUT~
So far, I absolutely love the Bloody Mary episode!!
It's my favorite myth involving mirrors >.>
They did the myth justice ^_^

~My buying thread~

ImageImage

~CLUBS~ <3
ImageImageImage

Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:45 pm

Favorite episode is still the Wendigo. I loved it so much it's now one of the three usernames I use on forums.

Although (CURRENT STORY ARC SPOILER)
Does anyone else want to punch soulless!Sam in the face? I get that Sam without a soul is gonna be different but dude he's like Dean 2.0. And now Dean is Sam 2.0. Talk about switching roles!

[: Livejournal * Twitter * Art @ FurAffinity :]
[: Trainer sprite by gundam_remake @ SPPf. Icon by me. :]

Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:55 pm
Profile WWW

My faves were any episodes with The Trickster/Gabriel. Richard Speight is awesomesauce.

Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:37 pm

Man was I sad last night when I absentmindedly sat down with my bottle of tequila ready to watch some sweet Supernatural goodness.

That last episode with Death was fantastic. I love the Death Character, he's just so damn classy and serious. Although Tessa can go ride a barrel of Palkias down Victoria falls.

And much to my dismay they are on this stupid "no new supernatural till the 28th cause people need x-mas shows." But anyways I digress. Great show. My best friend I sat down and started watching it and thought it was the lamest soft core guy on guy cry fest we'd ever seen. But man the music was awesome when they cared to mesh the music. That scene with with Blue Oyster Cult's "Don't Fear the Reaper" freaking awesome. But it's held us since then and we really like it. I haven't sat down to watch a TV show on live TV since the X-files.

I was real cautious of season 6. I was so impressed with how season 5 ended that it really should have been the end of the show. Rarely do things get wrapped up, and I was happy Gigantor was in the cage. All and all for not having the actual writer of the story I'm impressed. Plus Mitch Pileggi makes me freaking happy and I love the fact that he's still just A.D Skinner.

As for favorites in the serious, I love the fact that they brought the Djinn into play for more then just an episode. Historically they should be way more powerful and dangerous then Crowly or any other demons for that matter. But hey I won't nit pick. I adore Bobby and had a huge crush on Jo. :(

Though after Robert Englung's cameo I started thinking about who else I'd like to see on the show. Why Charlie Sheen hasn't been attacked by a succubus floors me, and David Duchevny needs to be in an episode. It just makes to much sense.

Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:45 am

Sadly, Australia isn't caught up with everyone in the world so i had to avoid all spoilers posted. All I remember was Sam broke the seal for Lucifer and they haven't shown any episodes since then. Now to wait for this "11" channel to air an hopefully watch more awesome shows/listen to awesome music.

Favourite episode/s
I don't like making decisions when they're all awesome, but I did like the "Seven Sins" episode. I don't really have a reason for it but it was just totally awesome. I'd also have to say the ending in Season One as well, that was awesome. But any episodes with Castiel are totally awesome as well. I enjoyed watching the Christmas Episode, where you got the flashback of little Dean and Sam. *swoon*

Voicemail: You have reached the voice mailbox of...
Castiel: [heard on record] I don't understand... why does it want my name?

He's just so cute and innocent. :yay:

Your favorite character
Sam and Dean. Of course. ^-^ I also like Cas for his innocence of the Human World, and how to react to other people. I also always liked when Bobby or John Winchester were on screen, they always seemed like the perfect father figure to Dean and Sam. Also the medium in "Home" was awesome.

Your favorite mythology used
As cheesy as it sounds, werewolves have always been interesting to me, so any episodes they have done using werewolves interest me. There takes on the Supernatural lore is always different and the way they take the Supernatural creature and mold it for the storyline is fascinating too, so probably about every other creature of the Supernatural as well.

/saves gif.

Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:49 pm

Wait what? They cut you off after the seal got broken? How do you just drop people like that? You've missed some good times.

Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:45 pm

Yep, they cut us off after the seal got broken.Since then I've occupied myself with the DVDs. It's not the same, though.

Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:25 pm

well at least you weren't cut off completely

Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:55 pm

Yeah, that's somewhat of a relief. I just really hope I'll enjoy the new season, ever since they bought in angels the 'scare factor' and the 'gore factor' have somewhat dropped to minimal interest for me. I don't know, maybe breaking the seal will bring something more in the next season.

Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:39 am

Actually its kinda funny with the biblical aspect of it because the entire tv show really turns into a game of Hunter The Reckoning the old table top game. The show starts off extremely relateable to Hunter the Vigil, but once the Angel's show up its all old world of darkness from there out.

But you shouldn't be dissapointed, I've yet to become to uninterested in the show and usually im bored by now with a tv show.

Hunter the Reckoning -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hunter:_The_Reckoning

Hunter the Vigil -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hunter:_The_Vigil

Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:39 pm

I've watched the up to about half way through season five so far. Working on watching the rest but just can't seem to find the time. I absolutely love this show though, it's one that I've actually stayed with and not lost interest in. So far my favorite episode is the one where they go to the convention and everyone things they're cosplaying/LARP. As for my favorite character, well it used to be Dean, but then they introduced Cas...yeah, I switched sides. :bah:

Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:37 pm

You don't have to switch sides! They're both just as adorable as each other! No choosing between Dean AND Castiel that way!

:awyeah:

Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next