It is currently Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 227 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
Which is your favourite anime? 

So which is your favourite anime? Why?

Mine is Ouran and FMA. I can't really decide who is better. They both really funny! :yay:

Sign this petition if you want second season of Kimi no Todoke: http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/kimitodo/

Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:42 am

Angel Beats! - Interesting concept and storyline, although it was a bit short
Bakemonogatari - Love the extraordinary graphics and clever word/graphicplays
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei [and its se/prequels] - Twisting everyday concepts and makes you think about things differently, almost comically twistingly XD

Edit; Obviously im a fail, an idiot or whatever describes a dumb useless person. I meant FMP apparently, so disregard what i said about FMA/FMP here.

Last edited by GenepeOrgel on Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:11 am
Profile WWW

Hetalia. \o/ Entertaining and it's fun to watch people cry about it.

Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:45 am

Hmm.

Probably Fullmetal Alchemist, the 2003 anime (not Brotherhood eww)...or Zoids. I love Zoids: Chaotic Century.

Image My Gacha Gambit Image
Anniversary Event points: 116/710

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:00 am
Vice-Leader Prince

It's a pretty close toss-up between... Wolf's Rain, Terra e..., Baccano!, Beck, and Darker than BLACK (first season only :[).

They've all got great animation and excellent stories. Wolf's Rain and Terra are beautifully tragic, Baccano! is a clusterffffffff and must be watched in a single sitting (preferably with friends), Beck is probably the only slice-of-live I've ever seen pull off twenty-some episodes with fantastic music and Darker than BLACK is sexy chinese electric batman (with excellent deaths and intrigue and epic film noir style). I love studio BONES.

... I'm just gonna go be elitist and srs in my corner over here now.

Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:03 am
Profile WWW

Katekyo Hitman Reborn definitely. :D

It has a lot of episodes, but I didn't mind that. I loved all the battles because they're so exciting. and cute guys too /cough

Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:25 am
Profile WWW

KHR,Angel Beats! ,MAid-sama and K-on

I also like Hajime no Ippo,Buzzer BEater,Slam dunk,pokemon,inuzuma11,naruto,bleach.Prince of tennis,shakugan no Shana, AND ALL!!!!
ANime is my life!!!
and dont forget CODE GEASS!!!

▫▪□▪▫“To the world you might be one person, but to one person you might be the world.”▫▪□▪▫

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:13 am
Profile WWW

GenepeOrgel wrote:

Bakemonogatari

/blink blink

Love me some Baccano, Zombie Loan, Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro, Gintama, Pandora Hearts, DRRR, Darker than BLACK and Tokyo Tribe 2 GOOSH GOOSH.

2chan emoticons cause my brain to implode into so much gush, BP is using a well to harness it. Uh-oh.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:09 am
Profile WWW

GenepeOrgel wrote:
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei [and its se/prequels] - Twisting everyday concepts and makes you think about things differently, almost comically twistingly XD

Oh, FMA was really funny, though I'm not a mecha fan so i kinda lost interest as the military robot thingy started to appear more.
Ouran Host got cut, didn't it? i never really bothered to read the manga though, so I kinda stopped halfway

Actually, FMA isn't mecha. The only mechanic that there is is Edward's automail arm and leg. And there are no robots. Alfonses soul was just bond to the suit of armor! It's kinda obvious that you don't FMA quite well.

Sign this petition if you want second season of Kimi no Todoke: http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/kimitodo/

Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:07 am

CODE GEASS
ALL DAY, EVERY DAY

but srsly it holds a special place in my heart, with its general ridiculousness ;~; d...on't judge me aaaa

just let me show you the stupid world already
please don't

ImageImageImage
If you're reading this, you should go check out
this lovely little manga called Pandora Hearts! ♡

Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:26 am

ARAKAWA UNDER THE BRIDGE

BECAUSE I'M WEIRD LIKE THAT AND HAVEN'T SEEN VERY MANY ANIMES ACTUALLY

Or the Risky-Safety mini-sode series, Ouran HSHC and Meitantei Conan :Va. Hard to pick...

~*~*Profile|Twitter~*~*

Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:45 am

Agnese1304 wrote:
GenepeOrgel wrote:

Oh, FMA was really funny, though I'm not a mecha fan so i kinda lost interest as the military robot thingy started to appear more.
Ouran Host got cut, didn't it? i never really bothered to read the manga though, so I kinda stopped halfway

Actually, FMA isn't mecha. The only mechanic that there is is Edward's automail arm and leg. And there are no robots. Alfonses soul was just bond to the suit of armor! It's kinda obvious that you don't FMA quite well.

Perhaps she's thinking of FullMetal Panic....

My favorite anime -
~Yu Yu Hakusho - I love my classics, and it was my first anime [excluding Sailor Moon and Pokémon].
~Death Note
~Tennis no Oujisama - The most ridiculous and non-realistic sports manga ever.
~Samurai Champloo
~Durarara!!

I usually like the manga versions of a series more, so my favorite anime are rather limited.

find me:
tumblr | aywas | steam: stormhover

ImageImage

Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:11 pm
Profile WWW

I... I like a lot.
I say that Arakawa Under the Bridge is brilliant for a lonely night whilst curled up in blankets and not really up to talking as it's so, so funny. HOSHIIIIII. That, and Ouran XD The first time I watched Ouran was with Chinese subs in China with my cousin, so it definitely has a special drawer in my brain.

I'm also very keen on FMA as, well, it was one of the first mangas I've read and watched end I kinda like it when a manga ends because popular manga *coughBleachcough* get the plot stretched out and stuff pulled out of nowhere, so yeah >.> BUT I ALSO HATE TO SEE IT END ;A;, along with the awesome plot and characters <3

Code Geass was also really twisted, in a ODMFGSOIAWESOME way, I don't even know why it took me so long to watch it. I loved each character and the fact that each action had consequences, how such a small whim blew up so big... Argh, I have no words <3

Soooul Eeaattteeerrr fff, I love the characters in that animanga so much, there are no words.
Spoiler: show
That Lust chapter was just fanservice XD

I'm planning on watching Pandora Hearts soon because I've just finished the manga and I'm curious to see what the anime is like. That, and DARKER than Black. I think.

AS FOR NOSTALGIA I loove love LOOOVE Chobits and Cardcaptor Sakura ;A; MY CHILDHOOD FOREVER. This might be relevant to your interests.

Breeding Selling FormSpring Twitter

Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:41 pm

Card Captor Sakura, Yu Yu Hakusho, DNAngel, and Ouran High School Host Club.

Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:57 pm

Impossible to pick just one, but I guess my favourites would be Death Note, Darker than Black (the first season!), Baccano and Durarara... oh and Katekyo Hitman Reborn.

Death Note was actually the first "real" anime I watched, and it absolutely fascinated me - it still does. Also, I kinda have an obsession for Miyano (Light's seiyuu) - just his voice, don't get me wrong. It was also the first thing I actually valued enough to buy a few volumes of the manga. I guess it's mostly about the fact that it actually forces you to think a bit while watching, I know I was almost gasping for air at the end of every episode in the beginning :3

Darker than Black... well, the idea/plot is just amazing. I also really liked the drawing style, and Hei ... let's just say he'd be totally my type if he was real :3 (Although, I totally ship him with the police woman XD)

Baccano - my first reaction was something along the lines of what-the-hell, but in the end with all its insanity and abnormality, it's way more realistic than most of the series and that's sad. The thing I probably liked the most about it was the perspective; you can't tell where the story begins or where it ends, or what exactly is a part of the story and what is another story altogether - it's like life, threads of stories and coincidents overlapping and mingling with no beginning or ending. If you forcefully tear out a story out of it, you always overlook the details, and focusing on the artificially created storyline, you're blind for everything else. Also, I loved the way they don't impose the good-guy/bad-guy stuff on you; you're just given an opportunity to observe the events, and none of the characters are that one-sided to be called bad/good.

Durarara - similar to Baccano. Also, secondary reasons might just be Izaya and his seiyuu, and Ono (Shizuo's seiyuu) and Miyano (Kida-kun's seiyuu). Others were also pretty cool - they had a seiyuu dream-team :3
It was actually one of the very few if not the only anime where I liked all of the characters. Okay, with the expection of that idiot, but I don't think anyone liked him.
And Simon is freaking awesome.

Katekyo Hitman Reborn - I've been headdesking and asking myself why the hell am I watching this through the first, idk 30 eps. Tsuna in underwear is just... brain damage. I wouldn't mind Hibari in underwear though... *pervgrin*
Anyway, Reborn is probably the only really long thing (by episode count) I've ever really liked; mostly because of the unique character profiles, surprising ideas and good sense of humor. I know I've been laughing my ass off to the point where I had to actually press pause and catch my breath. Also, I have a very unhealthy obsession with Hibari now, from the moment I first saw him.
And an even less healthy obsession with BL fanfics that sprouted out of this.

I see people mentioned Bakemonogatari as well; that was one hell of a piece of art - really loved the radical style. And Kamiya (Araragi's seiyuu) :3 Ouran HSHC wasn't bad either; it had Miyano :3 and it was probably the first anime where I actually laughed loudly while watching, and cried at the end.

edit: Damn, that's a whole essay. Sorry for the length ^^''

ImageImageImageImage

Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:16 pm
Profile WWW

lol I can't choose one 8(

Detective Academy Q - MY FAVOURITE SERIES THAT NO ONE HAS EVER HEARD ABOUT. ;_; I'm not really sure why I love this series so much, but I just think it's amazing and fun (and scary!).

Pokemon - Because.

Princess Tutu - Is actually probably tied with DAQ as a favourite. I think this series is something that everyone should watch. It's really good. ♥

YGO series in general - I like DM because my favourite character ever comes from here (derp :|), and there are a couple more characters I like a lot from here too, and for nostalgia, mostly. I also like the anime better than the manga, which is rare for me.
GX ... well, I've only seen ~75 episodes, but I really like it!
5D's is ridiculous. I love it.

Digimon Adventure - BECAUSE IT IS AMAZING.

Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:30 pm

to be honest it's a dead heat with
bakugan-i dunno i liked it so, sue me!
soul eater- it's fun to watch
and pokemon-cute show and creatures :bah:

Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:34 pm

Yu Yu Hakusho - The only reason I even need to say is that it is full of awesome. :3

Samurai Champloo - Different from any anime I had seen at the time.
Also one of the first animes that was geared for a somewhat older audience then I was used to finding on TV. It was more appealing to me as such.

FullMetal Panic! - Funny, Frustrating, Interesting.

I think theres more but...I cant remember anymore right now??
Haha if they're faves you'd think I'd remember them right away... :o

That's what they'll say to me
This one's a fighter

ImageImageImage
ωιsн╰Image╮ℓιsτ

Last edited by xXseleneXx on Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:48 pm

It's sort of a tie between Neon Genesis Evangelion and Cowboy Bebop.

Bebop is just... guh, the music, the story, the characters, the art, the everything. I love it. I still cry like a little girl when watching the end, and Spike is one of my favorite characters ever.

Eva... I love all the controversy, and I love the characters. I'm one of those people that love sitting around and talking about how messed up the characters were and how CRAZY it was. It had so many great moments.

Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:32 am

Sailor Moon! You never forget your first. <3

FMA. I just this year or two started getting interested in it, but now I'm in love. The story is just too interesting and the brothers remind me of my relationship with my brother kind of.

Cowboy Bebop. I first watched it on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim when it first started. The music, the animation, the story, Faye and her bewbs.

Others worth mentioning include Gundam Wing, Paradise Kiss, Paranoia Agent, Dragon Ball, Love Hina, and Elfen Lied. I really liked High School of the Dead this year too. Zombies = <3.

Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:21 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 227 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next