It is currently Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:37 pm

Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Officially Closing: July 1st 

Shiro thank you so much for everything you have done for all of us and the things you have done for me. I'm going to miss this site more than you know but I'm going to miss you and the community the most I wish you the best of luck and I wish you joy, and happiness and I hope you have a wonderful life. I love this site so much and will miss it dearly but I understand that it must close down maybe we'll all be a community again on another site or maybe even VDex could be revived, VDex will never be forgotten neither will you and thank you for keeping all of our players and pkmn alive still. Goodbye everyone and Goodbye Shiro and Goodbye VDex.

Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:55 am

Lucina | ルキナ

Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:09 am

Hey Shiro,

thanks you so much for creating VDex for all of us. Your words really touched me because I feel the same.

VDex is a special place that I'll never forget. I've been on here for over 6 years and it was the reason I started to practice writing and reading English because I wanted to talk to the other users so badly! I was able to make so many friends here, the events were always fun, the custom sprites were beautiful, and I'm just so glad that VDex was a part of my childhood!

It shaped me as a person and even though I knew that VDex will close someday, I'm still extremely sad to see that it's indeed closing. It feels like a really weird dream, because for many years, it has always been the first website I checked up on.

I wish you all the best for your future. I hope you'll stay on this brighter, better path and find a place in life that will bring you happiness!
You deserve to take a rest after working so hard for all of us. I'm sending you the biggest hug. Take care of yourself!

And, again, thank you for everything, Shiro.

You don't know how much it means to me that I found your wonderful website so many years ago.

p.s. I followed you on tumblr so maybe I'll be able to see what you're up to in the future.

WISHLIST SHOP AUCTION BUYING

Hi there! If you want to stay in touch, feel free to add me or drop me a line! :)
              ––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
              tumblr: narubabe.tumblr.com
              twitter: @seikothings
              email & facebook: pm me!
              ––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:24 am
Profile ICQ

Thanks for all the great work Shiro. I've loved this site for a long time, and i'm very sad to see it finally shut down. Thank you for giving me countless hours of fun, and for giving us a small community that we could get to know each other.

R.I.P VDEx, I'm gonna miss you. :sob:

Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:53 pm

Location: Canada, AB, Owl City, Among the stars and galaxies of the universe
Au revoir, everyone!
It was a good run and I had bucketloads of fun but when things like high school and university start, it's hard to keep up with a site like this when you have so many double integrals ahead of you to evaluate
Nevertheless, I wish you all the very best!!

"呼ぶ声はもう絶やさない ずっと未来を光が覆うまで."
"It won't let that voice you call out with be eradicated anymore, until the future is forever covered in light."

Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:59 am
Profile WWW

It's Monday officially, goodbye everyone!
      I wish you all the best of luck in your future endeavors.
      Thank you again for everything, Shiro.
      I love you all 。゚(゚´Д`゚)゚。

Lucina | ルキナ

Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:42 pm

It has been fun. Until the end.
Bye all~~

5000 Shiny caught : DONE
Buying BP in bulk | IRC
ImageImage

Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:25 am

:sob: :sob: :sob:

So long and thanks for all the Pokefish!

"They call me Dorian...Dorian Crowley."

Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:06 pm
Profile YIM

heh, pretty funny how long this is staying open...might not even go offline before i pay

Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:06 pm

Thank you for everything.

Tumblr

Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:00 am
Profile WWW

Thank you for everything, Shiro. I'm sad I couldn't join in during the last stretch. But thank you for everything, this has been so great <3

Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:11 am

Thank you for everything. I really, really, really enjoyed all the years of joy vdex gave me and I also loved meeting you.
I'll never forget everything I experienced while playing this game and everything I learned thanks to it. It really had a special place in my heart.
I'll see you on your next project - and steam!

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Always on the hunt for blue beauties!
And yep! those are all of my blue mews! I finally completed my set of every single shiny mew sprite! Aren't they beautiful?

Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:29 pm

This one was one of my favorite games, bar none. The traveling mechanics were without parallel, and I loved the training routines for my pokemon, to raise either battling stats or contest stats.

I'm especially bummed, however, as I've been in the hospital for the past three weeks and completely missed the warning. (I hadn't done any backing up before then because, well ... I'd honest to God hoped in the eleventh hour, something would come through. Hope springs eternal in the feline breast.)

I don't suppose there's any way that I could back up the images of my team at this point? :\

Anyway, thanks Shiro for making such a wonderful game, and bringing so many people together. You're incredible, and don't ever forget that.

Threnody is also known as ay4u's personal guardian Kattata on Magistream!

Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:20 am
Leading King

Hi guys,

I'm not sure why the server's still up, as I've been informed by support that it's already been shut down. I assume the shutdown is imminent regardless, so... please don't let this raise your hopes, or anything.

Again, I'm grateful for all the support, and wish you all the best.

@Threnody: Unfortunately, right now, it's not possible. :( If you can tell me what your team was, though (Tumblr perhaps? dapperpants.tumblr.com) I can send the sprites your way.

Twitter | Reversed Side A archive

Please, ask VDex gameplay questions in the help forum.

Spoiler: show
Image Image

Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:59 pm
Profile WWW

Shirogane wrote:
Hi guys,

I'm not sure why the server's still up, as I've been informed by support that it's already been shut down. I assume the shutdown is imminent regardless, so... please don't let this raise your hopes, or anything.

Again, I'm grateful for all the support, and wish you all the best.

@Threnody: Unfortunately, right now, it's not possible. :( If you can tell me what your team was, though (Tumblr perhaps? dapperpants.tumblr.com) I can send the sprites your way.

hey thanks so much for this! Are you dumping all the sprites somewhere so we can upload them and use them on different forums?

Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:03 pm
Leading King

I'm hoping to put them into a .zip file and upload them somewhere, then link to them through my Tumblr (dapperpants.tumblr.com)

Twitter | Reversed Side A archive

Please, ask VDex gameplay questions in the help forum.

Spoiler: show
Image Image

Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:48 pm
Profile WWW

Welp, i guess there's nothing much to do left, so... i'll go cry in the corner
In the end, it was a fun ride. Thanks for all the good moments Shiro and co.
See you soon, i guess...

Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:48 am

Shirogane wrote:
I'm hoping to put them into a .zip file and upload them somewhere, then link to them through my Tumblr (dapperpants.tumblr.com)

Can't wait, I loved all the sprites that were ever created. Thank you so much.

Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:29 am

Most hosting companies allow for approximately 30 days after a missed payment and hosting cancellation as a "grace period" before shutting it off and deleting everything, so that's probably the case here.

It's been awesome. End of era, I say. I wish it could keep going, but I definitely understand shutting it down. All the best to everyone. :)

Gacha Gambit

Clubs in my Shop Thread

Friend Codes:
P: 0346 9427 8332 | SS: 0518 6299 7631 | B: 0862 3173 1670 | W: 0905 9674 1850 | B2: 4857 4568 2679 | W2: 5072 2029 0992
Trainer Name: SailorG
3DS Friend Code: 2251-4449-5118

Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:40 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW

Aww... I haven't checked this place in a few months, and when I decided to do so when I finally bothered to check some of my 118 tabs, I find out this is already shut down... Well, it was coming, so it's not too surprising, just surprised the person who said they'd be helping pay the fees stopped the support, but they did say they'd be supporting until they couldn't any more, so I don't blame them at all.

Regardless, thanks for this awesome game, Shiro. I'm glad I managed to complete my main goal in this game of getting a Cross Ball R/S/FR/LG sprite Latias before this went down!

Also, you said you're going to put the sprites in a .zip and link to them on your Tumblr, I recommend using Mega for that, since you have a lot of storage in that place.

PokemonLegend's team!

Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4