It is currently Sat May 27, 2017 4:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Anime similar to Ouran 

So, I watched Ouran High School Host Club. I had my doubts at first, but it turned out to be pretty good. Now I want to watch something similar - you know, pleasant humor, not too 'ugh', cute relationships, some actual storylines even if it's small, etc.

So, can anyone recommend any anime - English dubbed please - similar to Ouran High School? Note that I'm just looking for anime right now - I like reading manga, but it's less accessible to me at present.

That's the main thing I'm asking for here, but on a side note I'm always looking for other good series. My friend really likes the complicated mysterious ones, too. I'm also curious about any good (that being a key word...) reverse harem anime, I know some actually are good amidst the sea of...well, you know. While not 'reverse' ones, Clannad and Kanon were both good - the main guy's not a complete jerk, and doesn't go around dating all the girls at once or two-timing or anything. Plus they have actual endings.

Again though, the main thing I'm looking for is stuff like Ouran - the other is just like 'and also this is good check it out sometime'.

Also please don't recommend stuff based just on genre, that's never reliable. Make sure you've actually checked out the series yourself.

Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:43 pm

[removed]

Last edited by Ardonye on Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Spam.

Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:18 am
Profile WWW

ignoring the spam...

monthly girls' nozaki-kun is a bit similar to ouran and super funny and cute.
it's a high-school anime about a girl who falls in love with a boy who turns out to be a manga artist, so she becomes his assistant.
there are a few characters who sort of have a harem around them though, which is where it's similar to ouran. somewhat similar humour too.

breeding | auction | giveaway | journal | wishlist

Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:22 am

Okay thanks. I'll add it to my obnoxiously long list of anime to check out XD

Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]