It is currently Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
I would like to introduce you all to the best manga ever 

Note: The manga I am about to describe may be ridiculous, but it does still belong to the horror genre, and is recommended only for older audiences due to violent and sometimes gory content.

Fourteen is my favorite manga of all time. Why? Because it's so completely ridiculous, it wraps back around to awesome. The above picture is a real, actual panel from Fourteen, and it makes just as much sense in context. To be honest, a lot of my favorite moments make equal sense in and out of context, and that's why it's wonderful.

The basic beginnings of the plot are as follows: In a dystopian future where chicken meat is grown in labs, a mutant chicken breast grows into a supergenius man with a chicken head. Chicken George, as he calls himself, proclaims that he is the representative of all animals, and he plans to take revenge on humanity for their treatment of animals and the environment. However, this is but one of the many trials humanity has to face as the world draws to an end. Only fourteen years are left, and anything could happen during that time.

And by anything, I really mean anything. There's a rocket shaped like a T-rex for no apparent reason, a suitcase full of dinosaurs, Bobby the cactus, talking cockroaches, a tiger-tarantula hybrid, and even more insane things that I can't mention because they edge into spoiler territory.

Bottom line, if you think you can handle the horror elements and don't mind a very long read, check out Fourteen.

Tumblr

Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:22 pm
Profile WWW

Alright you convinced me. I'm not big on Horror manga as I used to be, but somehow this gets me a little excited to start again. Seinen FTW

:yay:

Spoiler: show

Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:03 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]