It is currently Wed May 24, 2017 11:57 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
My Anime List/iMAL Users 

Honestly I feel shameless talking about another site on here but I could find someone on here with the same interests as me on here.
For anyone wondering it's like a tracker (certainly where the app is involved) for anime and manga, but it's kinda like this in a way seeing as you have forums etc and clubs. I usually site to talking thought profile comments cause some on the forums are a little techy, not like on here ^^.

But yeah, I was wondering if anyone on here had an account, and wouldn't mind me taking a look at their lists. I usually add people on there for the reason of finding to anime/manga through reviews or their updates as such.

I think this should be allowed in this section... Sorry >.< & thank you.

I'm too lazy to make the links look pretty.

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/KerosCuriousity
http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/KerosCuriousity

ImageImageImageImageImage~여긴 Neverland~Year777FairyTailFCImage

Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:25 am
Profile WWW

Your lists look pretty . Mine are pretty plain.

However, it seems like we have totally different tastes in anime, so I'm not sure why you'd want to look at my lists.

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Diulf&show=0&order=4

I try to score my animes fairly, so I base my scores on story/characters>music/animation. (Largely because more funding leads to greater music/animation, and many animes don't have original plots.) Therefore, there are shows on here with average/below-average scores that I believe are absolute garbage and would strongly recommend not watching. (They're tagged as "disgusting.")

General guidelines:
10 = absolute favourite, technically "perfect"
9 = favourite, technically strong
8 = I think it's really good.
7 = Default score; I like it, but I don't feel it's anything special.
6 = A significant flaw that takes away from everything else.
5 = I think it's bad.
4 and lower = I think it's really, really bad.

Tags are for really just for personal reference. "Surprising" usually means that the show is technically stronger than its context had implied, or it was "better than it should've been." "Disappointing" means that the show looked like it was going to be good, and it really wasn't. The other tags should be self-explanatory.

Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:40 pm

You say that but I've seen or plan to watch half of what you've watched anyway. I've noticed I score differently for manga and anime, or at least I think that way. I agree 7 is usually my default or if it's just a time passer I count it was a 6. I don't like rating thing 10 unless I really enjoyed it, I mean if SnK ends badly the score will drop. I've never used tags for things, I don't know why but tagging doesn't appeal to me.
Tbh it's only pretty cause I bothered to look onto a forum that gave out list codes for people to use.

Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:33 am
Profile WWW

Here's mine! I update it every time I watch an episode.

I always try to rate anime objectively, and my reasons are often placed in the tags section of each anime seen. Tagging has only been a recent development for me, due to there being a ton of anime I've seen in the past yet forgetting what I liked/didn't like about them.

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/evenlir

Spoiler: show

Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:01 pm
Profile WWW

Well if tags are useful, I can't say I've personally seen enough to forget why I liked or dislike, usually if something is boring me I just drop it.

- For me the site and app has currently crashed.

Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:35 am
Profile WWW

The site is finally working for me now, so here's my anime list: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/kawaiikid7
And the significantly shorter manga list: http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/kawaiikid7, although I imagine it'll get longer since I seem to have less time for anime these days (hard to watch anime on the bus haha)

As you can probably tell, I don't really rate objectively :P If I like it, I'll usually give it 8+, and if it was okay then I usually go with a 7, but sometimes it varies. And I didn't even know there was a tagging system until this thread (oops!)

I don't think we share a lot of mangas, but I personally like seeing what other people have read - it's like having suggestions handed to me on a silver platter XD

Shiny Emolga, you will be mine >:@
FC GIF by Melissa <3

Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:18 pm

TheChin wrote:
The site is finally working for me now, so here's my anime list: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/kawaiikid7
And the significantly shorter manga list: http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/kawaiikid7, although I imagine it'll get longer since I seem to have less time for anime these days (hard to watch anime on the bus haha)

As you can probably tell, I don't really rate objectively :P If I like it, I'll usually give it 8+, and if it was okay then I usually go with a 7, but sometimes it varies. And I didn't even know there was a tagging system until this thread (oops!)

I don't think we share a lot of mangas, but I personally like seeing what other people have read - it's like having suggestions handed to me on a silver platter XD

I think you have great lists, yeah I noticed one the manga we share a few but I think we have reasonably similar tastes. I admit if someone has a huge list of manga I'll probably add them just so I have ideas (900 bookmarked on Mangafox but you know... Ideas ahaha).

Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:59 am
Profile WWW

I didn't know anime/manga lists were customizable...

Uhm, here's my profile: http://myanimelist.net/profile/Yuure

I rate stuff according to my own criteria most of the time and have an embarrassing amount of titles in Plan to Watch, but the website itself is super useful when it comes to keeping track of things. Anyway, seeing your profiles makes me want to give the site a better use ;;

wed//fri//mon@20:13hs // FLAVORS

Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:55 am
Profile WWW

Yoru wrote:
I didn't know anime/manga lists were customizable...

Uhm, here's my profile: http://myanimelist.net/profile/Yuure

I rate stuff according to my own criteria most of the time and have an embarrassing amount of titles in Plan to Watch, but the website itself is super useful when it comes to keeping track of things. Anyway, seeing your profiles makes me want to give the site a better use ;;

Thank you, yeah I can't remember but I bothered to step into the forums and you there's one with custom lists, you can custom them yourself or get ones with CSS codes like I did and yeah. I think most our plan to watch are a lot smaller than the reality. I add stuff then forget and just watch something else, well where anime in concerned.

Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:14 am
Profile WWW

KerosCuriousity wrote:
You say that but I've seen or plan to watch half of what you've watched anyway. I've noticed I score differently for manga and anime, or at least I think that way. I agree 7 is usually my default or if it's just a time passer I count it was a 6. I don't like rating thing 10 unless I really enjoyed it, I mean if SnK ends badly the score will drop. I've never used tags for things, I don't know why but tagging doesn't appeal to me.
Tbh it's only pretty cause I bothered to look onto a forum that gave out list codes for people to use.

I've watched quite a bit more anime than what I've listed; I omit movies that aren't standalones, and I've also omitted anything made by Studio Ghibli due to my lack of experience. I also don't list any animes that I watched when I was younger, before I took a more structured perspective on anime. I also tend to avoid rating any shows that I know are targeted towards children (e.g. Pokemon); while I vastly enjoy some children's anime, I believe that there are different directions that the anime could go. (e.g. Arashi no Yoru Ni, my absolute favourite anime movie, is a children's movie, but it's a highly emotional roller coaster that's more reminiscent of western animation than anime).

The main reason why I need to use tags is to remind myself of details when someone asks for a suggestion. For example, the "fun" tag (which I think I forgot to add in my original post) is for shows that are less serious and/or realistic and I feel should be taken "with a grain of salt." (e.g. Criminal Minds and CSI would be on opposite ends of the spectrum, while Castle would be somewhere in between. For a more relevant example, Steins;Gate vs. Robotics;Notes or even Steins;Gate vs. Madoka Magica, with Steins;Gate being the more serious and profound in each pair.) I usually avoid recommending animes that are a bit unusual and/or childish for those who are new to the medium. On that note, I need to add an "emotional" tag to my list.

The reason why I said that it looks like we have prefer different genres and we look for different things in anime. For example, our opinions on SAO and Devil Survivor 2 differ greatly; I've got very structured and justified opinions for these shows, and I've debated them thoroughly in the past (but I'm not bringing that discussion here without an invitation, since it would be a side topic). I'm also basing this off of animes that I didn't put on my list.

Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:15 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]