It is currently Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:12 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
What do you think of fruits basket? 

Fruits basket is my favorite anime ever! I wanted to know what other people think about it and if they want a season two fruits basket.

Spoiler: show
Check the app Rage of Bahumut with this code to get free stuff! ggb39526

Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:05 pm

I read the first volume of the manga, but I didn't really like it very much (I may just have been in the wrong mood at the time). I've watched most of the anime, though and I thought it was pretty cute. :)

Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:46 pm

Honestly, the art style irks me so bad I can't get into it, but I remember liking it when I was younger. The concept is really cute and sweet!

Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:04 pm
Profile WWW

I personally loves the idea of the manga/anime itself.
The anime was super funny and cute but it was 1.) never completed and 2.) the art style was just uuggh
That's why I didn't read the manga except the last few chapters.
When I was younger, I loved Tohru x Kyo and I wanted to know badly if they will ever be a couple lol. |D

I'm not sure about the plot and anything. The anime had no real plot due to it's length & I don't know the manga enough to tell if it really has a profound storyline. :Ua

WISHLIST SHOP AUCTION BUYING

Hi there! If you want to stay in touch, feel free to add me or drop me a line! :)
              ––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
              tumblr: narubabe.tumblr.com
              twitter: @seikothings
              email & facebook: pm me!

Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:07 pm
Profile ICQ

I watched the anime and then read the manga. I thought the anime was great despite the fact it's vastly different from the manga. The anime is more lightheared comparing to the manga. More jokes and gags were exaggerated for characters like Shirogane and the trio bros. I personally like Shirogane better in the anime than in the manga because he is cunning in the manga and he backstabs a lot of people. I won't go into detail because I don't want to spoil the story.

The manga first started as a romance comedy and I enjoy it, even though it was shallow. But then, the characters develop personality and they grow over time from interacting with Tohru. Most of the zodiac characters have interesting backgrounds and their personality are complex which keeps me hook in the manga. Around volume 11 or so, the manga turns pretty dark. The manga explores how some zodiac characters are still psychological damaged (like Yuki and Rin) from the abuse of Akito and the zodiac characters struggle to live the life they want to live. The main character, Tohru has very low self esteem & attempts to please everyone due to her past of her relatives verbally abuse her and her mother. She becomes attached to her mother because she fears she will be alone in the world due to her bad childhood.

But anyway, the manga is very good and it is very heartwarming. You can feel the emotions of the characters and relate your problems to some of the characters. It's one of my favorite mangas.

The Warp Star shop!
Buying: A lot of Sunstones Auction: Nothing Kickass: A Revolution Wishlist

MI time: 12:07 at Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday.

Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:28 pm
Profile WWW

I'm happy that I was able to see the dark vibe that it's giving off even in the pretty shallow and funny anime.
It's because I skipped like 95% of the manga that I didn't really understand its end nor the reason why they have been zodiac characters. I guess the manga was able to tell the stories behind all that while the anime has a horrible cliffhanger.

Well, many good manga didn't get a popular or at least completed anime. Same goes for Katekyo Hitman Reborn and Rave Master :Ua

I still remember that I was reading a book at the time I started watching Fruits Basket... and I got confused all the time because FB contains a character named Shigure and the book I was reading included a man named Shigeru.
Gosh, that was a real struggle xD

Hi there! If you want to stay in touch, feel free to add me or drop me a line! :)

Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:06 am
Profile ICQ

Honestly, I wasn't a big fan. Although Furuba had its good points (the manga more so than the anime), it still was too sappy and melodramatic for me, and I remember disagreeing with a lot of the so-called profound ideals the manga spewed. (Not that I remember what they were now - I just remember that every time someone thought something that was supposed to be all deep and profound, I was like, "No, that's BS/illogical/an oversimplification."

But my biggest problem was with Tohru. I know shoujo heroines aren't usually that realistic, but god, Tohru takes the cake. I found her so annoying. Cheerfulness and naivete and denseness and enough charisma to change the world with an innocent smile - okay, those are all things I can handle by themselves. But all in one person? Yeah, not for me.

find me:
tumblr | aywas | steam: stormhover

ImageImage

Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:52 pm
Profile WWW

She was a cute character in the anime but way too goody-goody, that is true. I like main characters who have more facets than just being nice all the time and aren't able to really defend themselves when it's needed.
That's why the anime was okay for me - more important and serious topics weren't included and therefore Tohru's naivety didn't annoy me. I guess it would have if I had read the manga. I demand more character development and want even innocent and friendly people to have more expressions on their face than just a smile or tears in their eyes. :|

Well, it was funny in the anime but you didn't really remember anything except the ridiculous situations - Yuki's brother wearing a wedding gown etc.

Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:17 am
Profile ICQ

Seiko wrote:
She was a cute character in the anime but way too goody-goody, that is true. I like main characters who have more facets than just being nice all the time and aren't able to really defend themselves when it's needed.
That's why the anime was okay for me - more important and serious topics weren't included and therefore Tohru's naivety didn't annoy me. I guess it would have if I had read the manga. I demand more character development and want even innocent and friendly people to have more expressions on their face than just a smile or tears in their eyes. :|

Well, it was funny in the anime but you didn't really remember anything except the ridiculous situations - Yuki's brother wearing a wedding gown etc.

This is true. :') My main memories of the anime are of Haru and his shenanigans.

find me:
tumblr | aywas | steam: stormhover

ImageImage

Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:54 am
Profile WWW

The funny parts I remember is the Yuki fan club singing their cheer. In the Japanese version, they sound like turkeys. :P

Shirogane singing high school girls while Tohru thinking he was a good guy made me laugh (This is one of the few things I like about the anime, Shirogane wasn't a manipulated person like in the manga). Anything with Kyo and Kagura together is always hilarious.

The Warp Star shop!
Buying: A lot of Sunstones Auction: Nothing Kickass: A Revolution Wishlist

MI time: 12:07 at Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday.

Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:53 am
Profile WWW

Oh my god, I remember Yuki's fan club and how they sing lmao. Also, Kyo was a precious little tsundere to me ha ha.
Yuki's brother was the best imo. The episode when Tohru carries him in her jacket while he is a snake was ridiculous and I loved how Yuki and Kyo were totally shocked when they saw the snake coming out of her jacket!

Yes, Fruits Basket indeed had some funny scenes |D

Also, love triangle between Yuki, Kyo and Tohru? When reading the last chapters, I was happy to see that she ends up with Kyo even though I wasn't interested in the manga.

Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:54 am
Profile ICQ
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]