It is currently Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
What types of characters do you like? 

I tend to fall for characters with "double personality", like Marik Ishtar from Yu-Gi-Oh and Hatsuharu Soma from Fruits Basket
And I tend to like a bit more the "bad side" one... :3

[Tumblr] [Last.FM]

Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:50 am
Profile WWW

Hmmmmmmmm.... *thinks deeply* Most of my favourite characters are male, now that I think about it. Some female, but mostly male.

Like.. If they're the sarcastic-witty-but-has-a-soft-side type, have long hair (which is silver!), are a cross dresser, have two+ personalities (oh my god THIS), slightly twisted (though the more the better), don't quite wear clothes that attach to them like second skin, or are basically comic relief...
Yeah...
I don't think that made sense.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:37 pm

I love those happy-go-lucky and mysterious types..Kinda like Xerxes Break from Pandora Hearts. But I also LOVE clumsy, jumpy, cheerful and caring characters like Kobato-Chan from Kobato.

Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:19 am

male characters who are arrogant and cocky have a soft spot in my heart. i dono but it's really entertaining to watch people bruise their ego. i also like sadists who have princely exteriors but have much scarier tendencies. not to the point that it would make them yanderes though. i really don't like yanderes. also, i really like guys who are outgoing and can remain optimistic in really stressful situations. i find them really cute

on females, i'd either like the shy, and quiet type (less annoying) or the hentai (LOL) (in a more innocent manner). you know, like nodame from nodame cantabile. i mean, those kinds of girls mirror my personality (aka those kinds of girls who imagine an eternity of blissful happiness (redundancy is intended) with their oujo-samas).

Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:25 am

The playboys usually have a soft spot in my heart, characters like Youji from Weiss Kreuz or Gojyo or Kenren from Saiyuki. I'd hate them in real life, but in anime I do have a fondness for them.

Otherwise, mad scientist types. Watari from Yami no Matsuei, Shinra from Durarara, Reever from D. Gray Man.

Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:42 pm

Strong female characters. Can refer to warrior ladies (one of the reasons why I like magical girls) but girls with strong brains also fall under this category, like Makise Kurisu from Steins;Gate... though she's also a tsundere :|

Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:40 pm

weird/wacko/lovable kinds.

PSYCHIC TYPE FRIEND SAFARI: PM ME YOUR FRIEND CODE: 2406-5564-7910

Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:34 am
Profile WWW

LOVE LIKE WHOA wrote:
male characters who are arrogant and cocky have a soft spot in my heart. i dono but it's really entertaining to watch people bruise their ego. i also like sadists who have princely exteriors but have much scarier tendencies. not to the point that it would make them yanderes though. i really don't like yanderes. also, i really like guys who are outgoing and can remain optimistic in really stressful situations. i find them really cute

we share the same love in archetypes <3

but for female characters i usually like them to be more... maternal, i guess? Or at least mature

ImageImageImage

Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:36 am

a Bad a$$ Kind of Character

Darker than the New Moon Itself
Ten|Dragon|Profile|Twitter|Tumblr|Distortion
ImageImage

Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:16 am

smart weirdos
people who are talented or funny

Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:30 pm

I like the eccentric ones, y'know?
Like the ones that really capture your attention.

Examples:
~ L
~ ...
~ ....
~ .....
~ I Forgot about everything after the mention of L... I'm such a fangirl. :bah:

Forever changing places-
And they put out the star-light
With the breath from their pale faces.

Fairy-Land ~Edgar Allan Poe

MY CLUBS:

Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image

Wed May 02, 2012 2:13 pm

For male characters, I usually love anti-heroes but I like a lot of villains as well. I also like the strong and silent type.
For female characters, I love tomboyish heroines and quiet girls.

Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:34 pm

angsty and anti-hero-ish characters, sometimes villains too
the characters I don't like the most are those really justice-y and kind characters that are never mean LOL;;

Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:09 pm

I like strong female characters that don't need no man. I feel like female characters who aren't "forced" in to awkward pairings are the best; however, I always enjoy when they really fall in love with someone, because it feels more natural and less tsundere (sort of like Casca and Guts from Berserk). I feel like they're usually the first to stick up for themselves, first to take action and aren't hindered by romance.

For males, I really like when they're straight forward. They have clear cut goals and don't take no for an answer. Also, I like them more when they aren't paired with a weak willed female that makes them question their motives.

still on hiatus.

Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:44 pm
Profile WWW

My favourite characters are generally very flawed. I guess I'm a bit sick of very innocent and/or perfect characters. Not to mention hopelessly dependent ones. >.< I really hate 2D characters, so if a character acts a certain way, I want to know why! So I tend to love characters with brains, a bit of spine and common sense. It means half the time I end up rooting for minor characters over main characters though. :uhh:

Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:17 am

One my my types is the self sacrificingly kind guy, like Natsume of Natsume Yuujinchou and Watanuki of xxxHolic.

I also like the anti villains, them honorable men who happen to be on the opposite side from the main character.

Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:21 pm

I don't go for typical shoujo and shounen most of the time. I can't stand most mangas like that because alot of the characters are typical.

I guess the characters I like are a bit out of the norm. Ones that are original to the point where you can't pin-point what trope they would fit under at the top of your head. The only character that fitted my tastes completely was Neuro from Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro.
Spoiler: show
While he was pretty crazy and energenic in the beginning he actually became more human towards the end and started to lose his powers to the point of dying. I feel like the series was a reverse-shounen because unlike most protagonists (that usually get stronger) he got WEAKER, but with it he respected the human race more as a whole and just developed insanely as a character.

I also agree with everyone on stronger female characters. I HATE how in alot of series they base a female character on her relationship to the main character (usually a boy) and it always makes the character SO flat when they don't give them deph and just assume "well its the main character's girlfri-" NO never make characters like this again. Make a character thats defined by THEMSELVES, no character should be described completely by their relationship to the main. Everyone has a life outside the "amin" characters and more series should show that.

Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:22 am

Oh I like so many different kinds of characters. Their looks are the first thing I get hooked too in both male and female characters.
I've never really thought about it, nor can I really decide on personality types I like because sometimes I don't like one character with the same personality type as a character I like. I guess it also depends on their actions.

Collecting Dialgas forever

Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:44 pm

Male characters: Smart, weak, basically a nerd, or sense of justice, funny, and goal driven.
Female characters: Smart, strong, violent, listens to her heart, sense of justice, funny, and nerdy.
Dislikes: Loud, stupid characters, evil that is truly bad, and random things that try to throw off the series to make it think it's something else when it's not.

Image Image

Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:59 am

I'm a sucker for moeblobs. The cute, air-headed, confused types. Yui Hirasawa and (pre-time skip) Simon from GL come to mind.

Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:02 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next