It is currently Thu May 25, 2017 12:04 am

Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
What types of characters do you like? 

I tend to gravitate towards strong female characters that don't take **** from anybody, sociopaths, the characters that everyone else hates, the complete idiots, and yanderes.
Also, crossdressers. God bless drag queens. :awesome:

Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:32 pm

I usually go for the mean guys. And the sociopaths. Because I relate to them too much.

ImageImage Image

Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:10 am

Kanrakuen wrote:
I usually go for the mean guys. And the sociopaths. Because I relate to them too much.

This. <3

Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:00 pm
Profile WWW

TSUNDERE.
and just any type of character that has a lot of layers and depth to their personalities. like, the type that can be crude or silly, yet serious towards something they care about. basically the main character in any Jump manga, LOL.

( journal auction buying links )

Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:20 pm

And can I add my preference? ;;u;;

I prefer someone who has a happy background and happy lifestyle rather than the emo and angst one D: I don't know why, maybe it;s because I hate angst character -.-;;;

@somali

I've read some bara, tho :") Can't say that I like uke-ish seme .w. but it's better that girlish boy -.-;;

Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:46 pm

I mostly like the main characters of any manga or anime, though it depens on the genre. :Va

Plus I love the sarcastic ones that beat 'the crap out of others' with their arguments XD and basically all the charas that make me laugh because they are pervy or funny or naive etc. XD

WISHLIST SHOP AUCTION BUYING

Hi there! If you want to stay in touch, feel free to add me or drop me a line! :)
              ––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
              tumblr: narubabe.tumblr.com
              twitter: @seikothings
              email & facebook: pm me!
              ––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:12 pm
Profile ICQ

i like characters who are scientists, double points if theyre a bit crazy.
i really just like the psycho characters in general??? i find them fascinating

flavors.me

Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:17 am
Profile WWW

unpopular opinion!! i love kind of simple/naive/ditzy but really precious female characters... so tohru honda (basically my hero), hanato kobato, and hiiragi tsukasa u/////u;

i think my preference in male characters is really all over the place! a complex character who is not entirely mean/evil, basically? for instance, i really love gamzee makara, because he is just a SWEET BABY and just... crazy, not bad! D: also, i love sasori, who doesn't have some incredibly evil motive, he's just selfish -- but yet i really couldn't give less of a damn about sasuke, lol.

Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:09 pm
Profile WWW

kappie wrote:
unpopular opinion!! i love kind of simple/naive/ditzy but really precious female characters... so tohru honda (basically my hero), hanato kobato, and hiiragi tsukasa u/////u;

i think my preference in male characters is really all over the place! a complex character who is not entirely mean/evil, basically? for instance, i really love gamzee makara, because he is just a SWEET BABY and just... crazy, not bad! D: also, i love sasori, who doesn't have some incredibly evil motive, he's just selfish -- but yet i really couldn't give less of a damn about sasuke, lol.

Tohru! <3 I recently finished Fruits Basket. I don't really like that klutzy aspect, but I guess it's fitting for a comedy.

Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:19 pm

I like characters with a lot of power or influence (physically strong is a plus) like Lelouch from Code Geass, Itsuki from GOTH, or Izaya from Durarara. ...They're usually main characters.

I also like characters that make me laugh.

Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:14 am

the grudge/cursed type. Those who die sadly and eat your soul. 8D

Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:27 pm
Profile WWW

i like those cool serious guys who dont have much to say and are really good-looking omg
like examples would be mori from ouran(even though i like the twins more) and masato from utapri

i also like the ones in shoujos who the main character eventually falls in love with instead of the kind princey one idk the tease whos actually not.... as mean as you thought he was or s/t whos actually pretty cute and becomes really dedicated to you after being a well-known player--

i dont make sense ill shut up now okay
i absolutely hate tsunderes though theyre really annoying i can only tolerate misaki from kaichou wa maid-sama omg

Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:15 am

Aha...I don't really like tsundere-types, either. I mean...I just find them frustrating. And I don't know how you can be so cruel to someone you like. u_u

Yandere-types are a different story, though. I love yandere characters. There's something magical about an affectionate character who showers you with flowers, love, and pie, then tries to kill you when you show interest in someone else. xD Yangire characters are awesome, too. :3 I love their dynamic personality, I guess. That kind of Yin-Yang containment within one soul.

That said, I also really like female characters who inhibit just one side of the yandere/yangire coin; i.e characters who are simply strong-willed and aggressive, usually sadistic as well (such as Larxene from KH). Or simply sweet, quiet, and caring (like Namine, also from KH).

Stalkers are great, too. Especially if they're the "protective" type -- so protective they are willing to sacrifice their life for the one they love.

omg why are my tastes so creepy/violent? *embarrassed* (/。\)

I-I love hyper character, too! Like Ed from Cowboy Bebop, and Su from Love Hina. :3

ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:46 am

Blonds.

No wait -- come back! I'm not finished yet.

Though character design does have some factor in how much I like a character, it's really not that I like characters that are blond, so much as it is that I like characters and they happen to be blond. I've recently realized that it's a recurring trend in my favorite characters list, even if it's unintentional.

On the flip side, I don't think there is a certain personality type that I gravitate towards; my favorites list has a good mix of jerks, ditzes, smart guys, etc., but I do think whether or not I like a character has more to do with how fleshed out they are. I like round characters, and I like dynamic characters.

Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:31 pm
Profile WWW

saibara wrote:
i like those cool serious guys who dont have much to say and are really good-looking omg
like examples would be mori from ouran(even though i like the twins more) and masato from utapri

i also like the ones in shoujos who the main character eventually falls in love with instead of the kind princey one idk the tease whos actually not.... as mean as you thought he was or s/t whos actually pretty cute and becomes really dedicated to you after being a well-known player--

i dont make sense ill shut up now okay
i absolutely hate tsunderes though theyre really annoying i can only tolerate misaki from kaichou wa maid-sama omg

Your making sense to me. I agree with what your saying.

Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:13 pm

spirit-thalia wrote:
Blonds.

No wait -- come back! I'm not finished yet.

Though character design does have some factor in how much I like a character, it's really not that I like characters that are blond, so much as it is that I like characters and they happen to be blond. I've recently realized that it's a recurring trend in my favorite characters list, even if it's unintentional.

On the flip side, I don't think there is a certain personality type that I gravitate towards; my favorites list has a good mix of jerks, ditzes, smart guys, etc., but I do think whether or not I like a character has more to do with how fleshed out they are. I like round characters, and I like dynamic characters.

Hm... Now that I think about it, many of my favorite characters have silver hair.

Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:36 pm

For male characters, I like them kinda tsundere haha. Loyal, too.

For girls, I don't generally like girl tsunderes because they're the violent paper fan beating kind usually and I'm not really okay with that, but I like when they put on a strong or sometimes not quite as emotional front, but have a softer side.

plurk;radiance
livejournal;hayato
tumblr;sistema

Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:11 am

The underdog!

I like the androgynous boys. And the females that don't just roll over and play doormat. Hate that.

Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:40 pm

I like when the main character is serious and the sidecharas cheerful.
And i like a loner that is strong enough to beat the bad guys with no help from others. Loner who takes on action by himself... strong ppl like that usually attract other characters around them that have special abilities or are somehow interesting...(even if the loner didnt want them there in the beginning)

Spoiler: show
Image Image Image

Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:18 am

Tsundere lolis

Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next