It is currently Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:43 am

Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
What types of characters do you like? 

For me it would be the quiet, calm, and not overly-friendly characters. I'm not a big fan of the loud and obnoxious type. I'm generally a good-guy person. What about you guys?

Last edited by Lightflaredragon on Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:46 pm

I love manly characters. Strong, no nonsense kind of guys. I'm waaaay into violence lol

Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:12 pm

The overzealous, twisted, all-around unlikeable characters. I like them crazy. There's more to speculate on and look forward to. And if not, one can draw one's own conclusions. It seems that, when I like a character, the wide majority of the fandom wants the author to kill them off. But, oh, how I love the insanity. <3

Last edited by Boxx on Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:13 pm
Profile WWW

Personally, I love a good theif, especially the honorable ones Duo Maxwell FTW but those are rare to come by. Otherwise, I tend to like the usual loudmouths or comic relief characters, as I tend to associate with them the most.

Spoiler: show
fabulous

Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:39 pm

The crazier the better. I always tend to take a liking to characters that are way ~out there~ or have a distinctive way of acting (super sparkle kings, incredibly violent gore-y sociopaths, occult worshipers with a love for baking, etc) since that's just more interesting to me.

Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:57 am
Profile WWW

i like the happy and good hearted people. but not too nice where like they're an angel. I don't like the violent people. Oh and I like the silly characters :D

PSYCHIC TYPE FRIEND SAFARI: PM ME YOUR FRIEND CODE: 2406-5564-7910

Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:35 pm
Profile WWW

i dont like very gloomy characters xD i like fun and strong :3

Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:52 pm

The anti heroes/anti villains. I don't know why I like them, though, I just do. Bonus points if it's a bishie.

3DS friend code: 0903 3795 6316

Spoiler: show

Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:55 pm

I really like arrogant, haughty characters.
I tend to gravitate to villians too, the more screwed up the better.

http://geretsuna.tumblr.com/

ImageImage

Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:50 am
Profile WWW

koala wrote:
The crazier the better. I always tend to take a liking to characters that are way ~out there~ or have a distinctive way of acting (super sparkle kings, incredibly violent gore-y sociopaths, occult worshipers with a love for baking, etc) since that's just more interesting to me.

Seconding this.

I like characters like Izaya from Drrr, Aizen from bleach, Light from DN, Uh... Ciel and Sebastian from kuroshitsuji, Vincent from Pandora Hearts etc.

I'm liking that scientist from Guilty Crown, but I don't know much about him yet o-o

Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:03 am

Most of the time, it's the anti-hero characters. Some of the more heroic characters can be good too, sometimes.

Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:17 pm

I tend to like the kind that puts an act most of the time, like, smiling even when they are sad (Hi Oz, hi Rin) and hiding something from the rest of the world. Or the kind that is just a bit awkward to come by, because they don't talk too much or have their heads up in dreamland all the time.
And I like girls who actually... do something. Like Rin from fate or Shirayuki from Akagami no Shirayukihime... Just never the kind that always cries and waits for their prince to rescue them.

If, for argument's sake, you were to write a story with me in the lead role,
it would certainly be
a tragedy.

Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:31 am
Profile WWW

Sethan wrote:
I tend to like the kind that puts an act most of the time, like, smiling even when they are sad (Hi Oz, hi Rin) and hiding something from the rest of the world. Or the kind that is just a bit awkward to come by, because they don't talk too much or have their heads up in dreamland all the time.
And I like girls who actually... do something. Like Rin from fate or Shirayuki from Akagami no Shirayukihime... Just never the kind that always cries and waits for their prince to rescue them.

I agree, I don't really like girls who don't take action.

Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:04 pm

I like serious quite characters.........

Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:03 pm

I really like aloof characters that aren't phased by anything...they're just chill.

Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:18 pm
Profile WWW

I really like the sophisticated, stoic type of guy. Quite often a megane, sometimes a nerd, who is really good in the job he does, but kind of awkward and shy in social situations. There is something about such a guy I just can´t resist. Characters such as Kyouya from Highschool Host Club, Tezuka from Prince of Tennis, Trowa from Gundam Wing or Jin from Samurai Champloo... I also love slender, fragile wrists and long fingers if it´s a male character, I know that sounds kinda weird, but I think it´s soooo sexy
:awesome:

Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:38 pm

Unpopular one [cough]

I prefer the 'cute' type, who is all clingy and needy :") and I like male characters more...

In yaoi-term, maybe I like uke who has seme physique \(-v-)/ I hate girlish-look-guy

Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:06 pm

Ahh, Yoshiki! I´m a big fan of seme-like ukes too, -exspecially- if they´re "needy". ;)
You should look for some bara. The rules for seme/uke- roles are the opposite to the yaoi-ones (e.g. if someone is younger/smaller/prettier, he´s very likely to top the heck out of his partner).

Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:35 pm

Gotta be the calmer ones who just kinda show up out of nowhere in their awesomeness...normally they're side characters.

Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:25 pm

I like characters who act all fun and goofy but are actually pretty smart. People like Hughes from FMA, Kotetsu from Tiger & Bunny (hey, he was pretty smart in Jake's arc at least xD), Yuuko from xxxHolic, Fai from Tsubasa, Okarin from Steins Gate, and all that. Anti-heroes and affably evil villains (you know, like Izaya) are pretty fun too along with characters who are genuinely sweet or complete nutjobs (...Should I be worried about my taste in characters? O.O).

Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 69 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next