It is currently Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:14 am

Reply to topic  [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Puella Magi Madoka Magica 

MeiChama wrote:
XDDD Oh my, I laughed really hard at that. It combines both Madoka and Phoenix, which are two of my favourite things. :'D Anyhoo, *Squee* a Madoka Magica thread! >w< My friend and I finished watching the Anime a week ago and we LOVED it. Now I'm just patiently waiting for the movies. :'D *Wags tail*
Yeah, I can't wait for the movies! So excited! :D
I heard that the movie(s) explain that very last scene of the anime, so I'm eager to find out what it means.

My 3DS FC is 0044-4243-1137. Send a PM if you add me!

Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:54 pm

Favorite Anime Ever~

Spoiler: show
I was saddened by Mami's Death and that thirteenth episode...Madoka's too giving for her own good.

Image Image

Sat May 05, 2012 10:41 am

kosei52 wrote:
Favorite Anime Ever~

I was saddened by Mami's Death and that thirteenth episode...Madoka's too giving for her own good.

Mami's death was the biggest WHAM I ever had.
It's not my favourite anime, since I'm more interested in light-hearted things, but it's on my Top-Five list. It was (and still is) really good.

Sat May 05, 2012 11:12 am

Wait, what thirteenth episode?

I just watched the anime over the past two days. HOMURA ;w;

find me:
tumblr | aywas | steam: stormhover

ImageImage

Fri May 25, 2012 6:44 pm
Profile WWW

WyndiWingfall wrote:
Wait, what thirteenth episode?

I just watched the anime over the past two days. HOMURA ;w;

I think that it was a mistake, and they meant third. There isn't a thirteenth episode to my knowledge.
Yeah, it's pretty great. Though it was awfully bittersweet at the end.

Fri May 25, 2012 10:27 pm

Mm, okay. I was wondering if there had been some bonus episode that I missed.

Bittersweet and confusing when it comes to the details of what Madoka really did! Every recap I've read says Madoka does something differently or explains Sayaka differently.

find me:

ImageImage

Sat May 26, 2012 1:54 am
Profile WWW

WyndiWingfall wrote:
Bittersweet and confusing when it comes to the details of what Madoka really did! Every recap I've read says Madoka does something differently or explains Sayaka differently.
Well, my opinion on this is
That Madoka pretty much erases herself (physically) and becomes something of a goddess or a force of nature. Because of this, nobody remembers her, etc. This is already explained in the anime.
From what I've gathered, with Sayaka, she resets the timeline from Sayaka's death onwards (or something). Madoka explains to Sayaka that she could have saved her, but if she did, then her wish would have been unwound or whatever, and Kyosuke would end up not being able to do what he liked. Madoka knows that Sayaka would prefer to see her wish come true, so that Kyosuke could continue playing the guitar. So Madoka collects Sayaka's soul, like she does with all of the other Magical Girls, allowing Sayaka to see Kyosuke play once more.
I'm guessing that this final wish thing, like how Sayaka got to see her love play one final time, applies to all Magical Girls, but this is all a theory.

Sat May 26, 2012 2:03 am

re: Madoka No, I got all of that. I meant what she actually does as a god-entity. Puella Magi with emotionally or magically drained Soul Gems become Witches, right? So pre-reset, I assumed Madoka was taking away either emotional corruption of near-corrupted Puella Magi [to prevent them from becoming Witches] or restoring their magical power [to heal them so they wouldn't die just yet, as we see with Cleopatra]. Post-reset, though, is she just taking away emotional corruption then? Or is she still restoring magical power to Puella Magi who might not be able to get those cube fragments in time, thus allowing a Puella Magi to fight on forever?

re: Sayaka I basically cobbled everyone's explanations of Sayaka to come up with this: Madoka and Sayaka's meeting takes place pre-reset, since Sayaka acknowledges the trouble she's caused for Madoka [who is wearing her pre-reset outfit anyway] and is still aware of her presence. So Madoka is basically meeting with pre-reset Sayaka's spirit, who is finally letting go of Kyousuke and Hitomi. Sayaka's spirit leaves with Madoka. Post-reset, Sayaka still makes the same wish to save Kyousuke [since Madoka realizes that Sayaka would want Kyousuke to be happy no matter what], Kyousuke becomes super famous over time, and Sayaka ends up dying in battle - thus causing Kyoko to say that she basically died for a guy she liked, because she became a Puella Magi for him. Because Sayaka's spirit left with Madoka, Sayaka's death upon becoming a Puella Magi is almost certain no matter what.

find me:

ImageImage

Sat May 26, 2012 5:31 pm
Profile WWW

WyndiWingfall wrote:
re: Madoka No, I got all of that. I meant what she actually does as a god-entity. Puella Magi with emotionally or magically drained Soul Gems become Witches, right? So pre-reset, I assumed Madoka was taking away either emotional corruption of near-corrupted Puella Magi [to prevent them from becoming Witches] or restoring their magical power [to heal them so they wouldn't die just yet, as we see with Cleopatra]. Post-reset, though, is she just taking away emotional corruption then? Or is she still restoring magical power to Puella Magi who might not be able to get those cube fragments in time, thus allowing a Puella Magi to fight on forever?

re: Sayaka I basically cobbled everyone's explanations of Sayaka to come up with this: Madoka and Sayaka's meeting takes place pre-reset, since Sayaka acknowledges the trouble she's caused for Madoka [who is wearing her pre-reset outfit anyway] and is still aware of her presence. So Madoka is basically meeting with pre-reset Sayaka's spirit, who is finally letting go of Kyousuke and Hitomi. Sayaka's spirit leaves with Madoka. Post-reset, Sayaka still makes the same wish to save Kyousuke [since Madoka realizes that Sayaka would want Kyousuke to be happy no matter what], Kyousuke becomes super famous over time, and Sayaka ends up dying in battle - thus causing Kyoko to say that she basically died for a guy she liked, because she became a Puella Magi for him. Because Sayaka's spirit left with Madoka, Sayaka's death upon becoming a Puella Magi is almost certain no matter what.
Re: re: Sayaka What you've just said actually makes a lot more sense than what I previously thought, so I'll go with that.

Re: re: Madoka She's pretty much just removing the despair in a Magical Girl's soul, and then collecting the despair-free soul, so that they don't turn into witches, like she is pre-reset. But with the thing about restoring magical power, like Cleopatra, I actually don't recall seeing that. At all. I remember seeing Cleopatra, but not her getting her Magic Restored.

Sat May 26, 2012 10:07 pm

The thing is, being drained of magic would've turned a Puella Magi into a Witch too pre-reset, which indicates that Madoka must be preventing this method of transformation post-reset along with the draining grief thing. It's true that because of the nature of the item drops [numerous fragments instead of one Grief Seed] that restoring magic is a lot easier and thus death via drained magic would be a bit more difficult, but...what if there are magic-drained Puella Magi? Do they just disappear [die] as magically drained pre-reset Puella Magi did under Madoka's care? Or would Madoka restore their magic to prevent them from dying?

As for Cleopatra, I...just assumed. Bit of a groundless assumption in hindsight, but I assumed she was being shown as a magic-restored type since she obviously wasn't close to being emotionally drained and...yeah, I don't even know what I was thinking. Ignore that, must've been wiki-influenced.

find me:

ImageImage

Sat May 26, 2012 10:24 pm
Profile WWW

WyndiWingfall wrote:
The thing is, being drained of magic would've turned a Puella Magi into a Witch too pre-reset, which indicates that Madoka must be preventing this method of transformation post-reset along with the draining grief thing. It's true that because of the nature of the item drops [numerous fragments instead of one Grief Seed] that restoring magic is a lot easier and thus death via drained magic would be a bit more difficult, but...what if there are magic-drained Puella Magi? Do they just disappear [die] as magically drained pre-reset Puella Magi did under Madoka's care? Or would Madoka restore their magic to prevent them from dying?.
Mmm, not necessarily. Madoka did say that she'd rid all witches beforehand, so even if draining magic would usually turn a girl into a witch, Madoka would collect the girl's soul before that would happen.
And with the Grief Cubes (or whatever their name is), they seem to be a lot less powerful than a Grief Seef, as Homura requires multiple to cleanse her Soul Gem, as opposed to the fact that one Grief Seed as the ability to clense a fully corrupted Gem, or in two uses, cleanse slightly tainted gems.

...This is some discussion we're having right here.

Sat May 26, 2012 10:48 pm

Okay, so basically what we're concluding here is that Madoka doesn't heal magically drained girls; she just prevents them from becoming Witches by collecting their souls. Which confuses me, because the pre-reset Tibetan Puella Magi disappeared after Madoka took away the darkness of the Soul Gem, but she didn't seem to be emotionally drained - at least from what I saw. So perhaps when magically drained Puella Magi die, Madoka purifies their Soul Gems but can't add any magical power back into them? [So Madoka is like a Grief Seed but without the magic-restoring effects.]

Even with Homura needing plenty to clean her Soul Gem, there appears to be more than needed [enough for Kyuubey to nom on a handful, at least]. So...eh. We didn't really see enough of those cubes to be sure.

Kawaii mahou shoujo anime always make for great discussions. *w*

find me:

ImageImage

Sat May 26, 2012 11:19 pm
Profile WWW

WyndiWingfall wrote:
Okay, so basically what we're concluding here is that Madoka doesn't heal magically drained girls; she just prevents them from becoming Witches by collecting their souls. Which confuses me, because the pre-reset Tibetan Puella Magi disappeared after Madoka took away the darkness of the Soul Gem, but she didn't seem to be emotionally drained - at least from what I saw. So perhaps when magically drained Puella Magi die, Madoka purifies their Soul Gems but can't add any magical power back into them? [So Madoka is like a Grief Seed but without the magic-restoring effects.]
Well, not all magical girls are emotionally drained when they become witches, are they? It might just be from overuse of magic. So yes, Madoka's like a Grief Seed for Dying Magical Girls. Plus, when you see Tibetian girl, her Soul Gem is cracked and falling apart, ready to turn into a Grief Seed. I'm guessing that she's past the point of no-return when it comes to restoring magic, despite not being emotionally drained, which was why Madoka came to rescue her.

Sat May 26, 2012 11:35 pm

Re: that first question - well, that was my point. I was saying that because the Tibetan girl didn't seem emotionally drained, she was probably going to turn into a Witch because she was magically drained instead.

So I guess we're settling with that in the post-reset universe, Madoka isn't restoring the magic of magically drained Puella Magi? That's all I wanted to clarify, really.

find me:

ImageImage

Sat May 26, 2012 11:46 pm
Profile WWW

WyndiWingfall wrote:
Re: that first question - well, that was my point. I was saying that because the Tibetan girl didn't seem emotionally drained, she was probably going to turn into a Witch because she was magically drained instead.

So I guess we're settling with that in the post-reset universe, Madoka isn't restoring the magic of magically drained Puella Magi? That's all I wanted to clarify, really.
Well, yes. I suppose.

Sat May 26, 2012 11:57 pm

this is one of my top favorite series. Akemi and Mami are my favorite characters.

Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:54 pm
Profile WWW

I recently watched this, and now I can't stop looking at and making all the pretty fanart.

Also, it's one of the best animes I've ever watched, if only for the animation and emotional depth! :)

Shop ~ Auction ~ Buying

Image ~ Image
tumblr

Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:21 pm

I went with my friend to seen the movie on the 9th of December. It was the only day that the movie was showing in my country. I was so happy.

ANYway, the movie was pretty good. Animation quality was better than the series (obviously) but they left out some scenes (one of which I thought was pretty important). It also made some scenes more emotional, and they had this strange interlude between where episode 9 and episode 10 would be (not like an intermission, but new animation and stuff, it was weird). They also randomly inserted the original OP for the anime ('cause the movies had a different OP) through the middle of the second movie.
But, still good.

Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:50 pm

Jooce, your avatar. XD I just started Squid Girl last night.

I saw this topic and had to come here. I LOVED this series. It's such a stark contrast to everything else I watch like Mitsudomoe and Pani Poni Dash, but it's sooooo good!

I still can't consider Kyueby (Or however it's spelled) evil... I want to because he's basically the symbol for evil but....

Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:32 am
Profile YIM

Haha, thanks. :)

And when you think about it, Kyubey isn't really evil. His intentions aren't malicious or anything. It's just that he can't understand emotions, so he can't understand what the problem with his actions is.

Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:52 am
Reply to topic   [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next