It is currently Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:43 pm

Reply to topic  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
What are some of the worst anime you've ever watched? 

I think one of the worst ones I saw was Reign. I saw maybe one episode when I caught it on Adult Swim and it disturbed the heck out of me. I didn't even know what it was about but holy crap it was full of sickly anorexic-looking guys running around with their butts barely covered. It was weird as hell.

There are a few others that I wouldn't call the worst but I definitely didn't like. I was never a fan of Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, sadly. I really wanted to like it because the movies were fantastic, but I found it unbelievably slow. Inuyasha was objectively terrible but it has a lot of nostalgia value for me so that sort of bumps it up. Naruto was another one (which I was sort of disappointed about because I used to like the manga). The new Yugioh series are in that list too. Junjou Romantica was another. I didn't see the entire thing, and I've been told it gets better, but I couldn't get past the fact that the main couple is so messed up. And the Petshop of Horrors OVA. It was really one of the most disappointing manga adaptations I've seen.

And then of course there are a few hentai I took a look at just to what the fuss was about.

My dog doesn't hev any melk in his pellow case.

Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:53 pm
Profile WWW

oh god. Elfen Lied. Gore and blood and nothing is really explained... watched the whole series but didnt really understand it...

Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:41 am

hmmmm.. ok

Oğlum Bak Git :D Sayfaya Gir :D

Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:13 pm

Most dubbed animes really kill it for me. = v = The voices don't match up at all. In particular I can recall a Bleach episode when
Spoiler: show
baby Nel is talking...It was a grown woman's voice. Not try whatsoever to sound like a child.

Spoiler for those who haven't read/watched far into the manga/anime.

Kuroshitsuji 2. The first one was okay. The second one...nope. It was pretty much just fan service. ;x

Oh and Soul Eater. The anime is terrible. The ending in the anime is a "wtf just happened" kind of ending. Especially for those who actually read the manga. - v -

ImageImage
ImageImageImage

Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:13 pm

I have to go with Itsuka Tenma no Kuro-Usagi. It's quite good at the beginning, but as you go on, you're just like... wut is happening.

I also dislike dub.

Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:59 pm

ALL DUBS. They ruin everything with their terrible acting.
YGO GX and Zexal. Anything 4Kids.
Every season of Inuyasha past the first few are terrible. At first, it was good.
Love Hina/most harems.
Bleach. Everything past Ulquiorra vs. Ichigo is god forsaken.

The above are just terrible overall.
I didn't even go near Bobobo since the manga is horrid.
Terrible/disappointing RENDITIONS, however, where the original was great:

D.Gray-Man: Oh, god. Ugh. The only good episodes are of the Matel Arc and episode 93, and the omakes. The music and acting are superb, but... UGH. My favourite manga. This. /sob
Kuroshitsuji II: was a disaster. They took two characters with great potential then destroyed it through crappy writing. I did like that Ciel was reborn as a demon, though. Ohohoho. Poor Sebas.
Beelzebub: The manga is superb, yes. But they didn't capture the sense of humour well. The anime ending is terrible.

Full Moon wo Sagashite: The music is good, but myco's voice was too deep for Mitsuki. They changed a lot and even censored the reason shinigami existed in it (it involved suicide). The animation was poor since it was old, and Tanemura's style is extremely detailed.
Every mainstream shounen: For dragging out scenes and fillers, but that's just unavoidable. Otherwise, Naruto, especially Shippuden, is great (especially the manga).
07 Ghost: The animation is good, but they took a great manga and made it terrible. Idek how.

Also, LMAO @ the one who said Boku no Pico.

Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:53 am
Profile WWW

The absolute worst anime I've seen (or at least, the most memorable BAD anime I've seen) has got to be Melody of Oblivion.
It was such a mess, which is sad, 'cause it seemd to have a lot of potential. It felt like it was trying to be this really deep, epic series, but the characters were so dull (especially the main) and the plot went nowhere.

As well as that, FLCL is pretty bad IMO. A lot of people say it's funny in a very surreal way, which I really like in anime, but I tried it and pretty much everything supposedly funny about it fell flat. On top of that, it looked really messy visually.

"There are no such thing as miracles."
Image The arcana is the means by which all is revealed.

Image Image

Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:00 pm

I'm not going to say it awful, but Black Rock Shooter was definately not my style. I watched the movie and the OVAs and I just found a lot was left up to the viewer to interpret and it didn't live up to the reviews. I can't whole heartedly give this a completely bad review though because I didn't understand 100% of it by the end so maybe it was better based on someone that got more out of it. One thing good though was the animation was amazing, I watched it in HD and that was the reason I kept/finished watching, fior the art inspiration (and in hopes that maybe at the end it would all fall together and make place.) I also would have prefered more dialog, especially in the other realm.

Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:05 pm

sake wrote:
Oh and Soul Eater. The anime is terrible. The ending in the anime is a "wtf just happened" kind of ending. Especially for those who actually read the manga. - v -

I actually like the Soul Eater anime in general (though the manga is much better) but, yeah, the ending absolutely ruins it, ech.

As for me, the absolute worst I've ever seen was Hitsuji no Uta. The premise sounds pretty cool in that it's basically about vampirism being a disease, but the execution is terrible and they were clearly working with a very small budget since the animation is horrendous. Mouths don't even move when characters are talking half the time. The pace was agonizingly slow, as well. Honestly I only watched about half of it before I couldn't stand it anymore, and I rarely drop anime. As a note, I had to look at myanimelist to remember the name of this anime and glanced at the reviews where someone says "If you hate it, you can skip past the ending song to make it move faster" so, yeah, it's that kind of anime, I guess.

Might as well list some other contenders, too.

Uta no Prince-sama: I expected it to be fun and nonsensical, instead it was just plain stupid, which was really sad given the VA talent they had to work with. The character songs are all pretty good, at least.
Ookami Kakushi: Not at all the spiritual succesor to Higurashi it was made out to be.
Sekaiichi Hatsukoi: I've been told the manga is better but, my god, the anime was insufferable.
Akikan!: The only reason I made it all the way through this was because I honestly couldn't figure out if this was a parody or not, and I'm still not sure. Fukuyama Jun also does a great job as the main character considering what he had to work with, which was pretty much nothing.
Kuroshitsuji II: As a lot of people said above the first season was fun and interesting, but the second season is pretty much terrible. Pretty sad, especially considering how consistently good the manga still is.
Aaaaaaand a handful of short yaoi OVAs that I have no idea why I watched but that I will never be able to forget, sadly.

Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:19 am

Bo-bobobo...Bobo-bobobo-bo...Bobobobobo-I give up.
Sorry, but it's not really my style :|

L is Love ♥.

Spoiler: show
Regirock wrote:
Regirock did not like the MooMoo Milk!! AT ALL!! GO AWAY.

Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:47 pm

I tried to do Panty and Stocking, like I seriously tried because I have a friend who loves it. It's just too vulgar for me.
I couldn't get into Lucky Star or Nichijou either. They weren't bad.... Just not my style.

Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:05 am
Profile YIM

Cyezro wrote:
I don't really hate any anime that I have seen.
But I would say that the one I found the least interesting is Kekkakshi or whatever.

I've given it a few tries, and it just doesn't do anything for my tastes.

The characters, the story, their box powers? Idk.
I just have yet to really get into it.

Also then there is Naruto.
This show I feel like would be soooo worth watching if Naruto wasn't in it.
I hate his character and how annoying he is.
He's what turned me off from watching the show.
But I plan on giving it another try sometime

Almost 2 years later and I have to say, the show Naruto is growing on me. I've been watching it since they added it to Adult Swim.

As for animes that are the worst:
Kekkaishi is or whatever is still up there.
Annnd Samurai 7.
That show bored the Hell out of me.
I had it record on my DVR weekly. After watching like half the episodes, I eventually just fast forwarded through them.

Other than that, I haven't really watched anything that I would say is horrible.
Then again, I guess I am still somewhat new to the anime world.
I usually only watch what's on Adult Swim.

Some things people have listed are some of my favorite anime. /sadface
Understandable though. We all have our own opinions.

Creyn

() ()
(0.o)
(")(")

Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:03 am

Damn, a lot of the anime I like are hated here. *glares at Cody* I'm going to walk away quietly before I start flaming users for hating the anime I like. To be honest, I have never hated an anime before.

Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:49 pm
Profile WWW

yu-gi-oh gx and bakugan too kiddish. and for adult anime probably elfin lied look boring

my team

Image Image

Image Image

Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:58 pm

Amen about dubbed anime. I don't even count it as anime, haha. The only really great dubs are Baccano and FMA: Brotherhood. I can hardly stand anything else, though I must admit that anime dubs are getting better than they were in the past.

Content-wise, I could not get into Puella Magi Madoka Magica. I forced my way through more than half of it, since everyone and their dog insisted that it was the Greatest Anime Ever and that it would get better. I found it extremely boring and I didn't like the characters except for Homura. She was cool. I really don't know why I dislike PMMM, though, since it seems to be right up my alley.

Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:52 am

No offense, but this is both anime and manga: Hetalia.
I TOTALLY HATE IT. :grr:

Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:05 am

I don't remember if I've posted in here or not, but Uta no Prince-sama Maji Love 2000% reminded me of how much I absolutely hate this anime so here we go.

It's not even the nonsensical aspect of the anime that gets me as the visual novels get that way too (though it's executed a lot better in the visual novels). Rather, it's the fact that the anime doesn't even bother with back stories and is more like mindless fanservice for fans of the series.

However, it fails at even doing that effectively. It's like in attempting to make it accessible to people who haven't played the games, they've dumbed the entire plot down so that they don't have to bother with explaining things which in turn makes the plot and characters suffer. The character development in the anime is horrible and the extent to which they dumbed down Natsuki in particular is downright offensive. Whereas he's one of my favourite characters as far as the visual novels go, I can't stand his anime persona. I honestly would have went on hating his character if I didn't give the visual novels a try.

Otoya's 2000% episode shamelessly blew over his back story when they had a good chance to elaborate on it and that pissed me off. They're also doing a terrible job at explaining Natsuki's problems and what exactly Satsuki is which leads a lot of people to believe that the glasses are the catalyst for what brings Satsuki forth (which isn't necessarily true). I mean, they get props for bringing up the teacher that caused the problem in the first place, but it did little to actually explain the connection between Natsuki and Satsuki and the significance of it.

Quite possibly the most offensive part of 2000% though is the fact that the whole plot of this season is that they're taking the Master's Course and therefore have senpai guiding them along. However, the senpai never. freaking. appear. Camus is by far the most involved senpai as far as the anime goes seeing as he's been in quite a few episodes, but the rest were in episodes 1 & 2 and didn't appear again until episode 8. This is ridiculous. What are they even doing?!

And episode 8 was just a filler episode that was extremely stupid. I mean, really. THIS IS A THING THAT HAPPENED:

It's something extremely stupid, Reiji.

I at least give them some props for keeping the personalities of the senpai intact, but what good is that if they're not even getting any screen time??

Honestly, the anime is downright ridiculous and extremely stupid. It goes over the top with ~*~sparkles~*~ and it gets to the point where it's just hilariously cheesy. I honestly cannot take the anime seriously and have more or less just been watching it for laughs. However, after episode 8 I think I'll stop watching just because it's starting to really get on my nerves. It'd be less annoying if it tried a bit harder to do the visual novels some justice, but it really doesn't. All of the characters have suffered in the transition and no one more than Haruka. They took a really endearing and strong heroine and made her extremely annoying. I'll honestly never forgive them for that because Haruka gets so much hate due to her anime persona and it makes me angry seeing as they're talking about an extremely strong heroine that stands up for her beliefs no matter what.

And on a final note, not even the singles from 2000% are really worthwhile (Poison Kiss is great but not "I will buy the blu-ray for this" great). I bought Natsuki's single regardless out of bias for the character/VA, but I was laughing too hard at how ridiculous the anime is (SPARKLES EVERYWHEREEEEEE) during the time the song actually played in the anime to notice if it was any good or not. I'd honestly advise people to just stay away from the anime and play the visual novels instead if they want to get into this series. At least the visual novels are actually good.

twitter tumblr mfc avatar art   

Thu May 23, 2013 1:50 am

Texhnolyze. My fiance and I literally fell asleep after 5 minutes of this anime. No words can describe how boring this anime is.

http://www.aywas.com/hacontest/entry/5687/

Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:46 pm
Profile WWW

WyndiWingfall wrote:
Since I usually watch anime based on recommendation, there are few that I actually dislike. [I might not like some of them, but I don't hate on them either.]

Same here, in a way. Before I begin to watch an anime, I usually look around the 'net to see what the general reception is for it. Unless almost everyone says they hated it, or they mention something that's a major turnoff for me, I'll watch it.

WyndiWingfall wrote:
I got through the first episode of InuYasha and hated it. It was just...ugh. I can't describe it.

XD I didn't hate it quite as much as you apparently did, but I certainly didn't watch any more of it. General premise = interesting. Execution = not so much.

For me, the worst was Bakemonogatari. I'm probably just an idiot, but I watched the first couple of episodes and couldn't make head nor tails of anything anyone was saying. ...Or doing, for that matter.

I saw the first season of Weiss Kreuz, and overall felt it was mediocre. I had to force myself to watch the last half, and even though the story picked up near the end my interest still wasn't resparked. It almost felt like every episode was filler, even the ones where huge twists occurred.

And I liked them when I was a little kid, but I'd probably hate Sailor Moon and Speed Racer now.

Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:04 am

I saw somebody being happy about apparently magic science lesbians in Vividred Operation so I gave it a shot.

NOPE.

probably should've known, since it was by the same people who did Strike Witches. Apparently I didn't learn from the first time I accidentally picked up loli fanservice anime and got intensely uncomfortable with how more or less the entire female cast with speaking parts were allergic to pants.

Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:01 am
Reply to topic   [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next