It is currently Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:22 pm

Reply to topic  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
What are some of the worst anime you've ever watched? 

We all know our favorite anime that have a special place in our hearts. We've probably talked about them a million times and CAPSLOCKED about them 2 billion times. But, with good anime there comes bad, terrible, gut wrenching series that make you wonder why you thought it would be a good idea to look this up in the first place and OMGwhereisthebleachwhereisthebleach.

So I'm curious. What are the bad and the ugly anime series you vdexers have watched?

(You can totes include manga too if you want.)

Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:29 pm

I would say the really really old anime,anime's that don't have sense and purely lousy and worthless animations....

I wouldn't say much cause this days every animation company really full proof there work to make a great anime but sometimes its the story not the animation.Some plot lines that make you say "How did these became an anime!!!" thats why I always ask opinions of others before deciding what anime to watch to not be full of disappointment in the end.

So I think Initial D is bad cause I hate the way when they are racing the cars look crappy and are a little 3D'ish.

▫▪□▪▫“To the world you might be one person, but to one person you might be the world.”▫▪□▪▫

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:34 pm
Profile WWW

Ikki Tousen is the most ridiculously fanservicey stuff I've ever watched. I decided to try it after seeing some pics and thinking "Hey, some characters' designs look cool" and then A HUNDRED THOUSAND BOOBS AND PANTY SHOTS IN THE OPENING ONLY~~... Things I wouldn't usually mind if it wasn't so god damn non-stop. And to think that kind of stuff is pretty much a genre in Anime :sob: I still like Shimei and Koumei though!

@SoulMonZ The only redeemable thing about Initial D is the Eurobeat

Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:54 pm

I haven't seen much truly bad anime, since I usually stay the Seaking away from things that don't make much sense to me, but some that come to mind are Gunslinger Girl (WHY IS THE STORY NOT TOLD IN CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER AT ALL) and the first Hellsing anime (WEEEEIRD), though at least it had wonderful music.

Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:39 pm
Profile YIM WWW

SoulMonZ wrote:
I would say the really really old anime,anime's that don't have sense and purely lousy and worthless animations....

I wouldn't say much cause this days every animation company really full proof there work to make a great anime but sometimes its the story not the animation.Some plot lines that make you say "How did these became an anime!!!" thats why I always ask opinions of others before deciding what anime to watch to not be full of disappointment in the end.

So I think Initial D is bad cause I hate the way when they are racing the cars look crappy and are a little 3D'ish.

Well while it's true some old anime are really bad and dragged too long...

I suppose Initial D has it own downside when it comes to animation and then shifting to 3D when it comes to cars. I don't know how much you've seen, but I think the animation improved a lot when the seasons progressed. To be honest, I only started liking the anime cause I played the arcade games... but maybe if I didn't I'd probably have the same opinion as you. Though the music is awesome, that's one other thing I like about that series. XD

For me, the worst anime I've seen... probably would attract a lot of them fans and wankers, so I should just keep that to myself. It involves a certain stretchable pirate... I'm pretty sure you can get that... *flees*

Blitz Loop - Railgun FL | Judgment 177 - Mii Konori FL

Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:50 pm
Profile WWW

Quote:
For me, the worst anime I've seen... probably would attract a lot of them fans and wankers, so I should just keep that to myself. It involves a certain stretchable pirate... I'm pretty sure you can get that... *flees*

Ahahaha..You got my vote...that anime is not my type and purely irregular people(Weird).

▫▪□▪▫“To the world you might be one person, but to one person you might be the world.”▫▪□▪▫

Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:52 am
Profile WWW

@avegaille you got my vote ^^
I really dont understand much of the concept of it, so thank god I dont live with my father
(He never shuts up about it, the freak ^^)

Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:57 am

Hands down I would have to say Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo. It's just...ugh...I can't even begin to describe how bad it is.

I'm also going to say Queen's Blade. If you're into fanservice then sure, it's fine for awhile, but if you're looking for something with an actual plot then you'll be at a loss with this one.

Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:29 pm

I dunno, worst anime is sometimes mixed up with giant disappointment with me sometimes.
That being said, Melody of Oblivion is one of the worst series I have watched--bad enough that I can actually remember it unlike the others.

Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:46 pm
Profile WWW

Worst I've come across is Blue Gender. Typical save the world from giant creatures thing. Only there were bits in it that I hadn't accounted for -shudder-

Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:58 am

To Love-Ru :bah: :bah: :bah:

Friend Code :
Pokémon Black - 4598 9241 6984
Pokémon Heart Gold - 5200 2575 5254
Pokémon Black 2 - 4041 4038 4547
Pokémon X - 4141 - 3074 - 0868

Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:01 pm
Profile WWW

I'm going to fear for my life with this

Death Note, Inuyasha and Naruto
-Got through DN and didn't like it one bit
-Made it through the first series and went 'wtf, why did I watch this?' Didn't bother with Final Act
-Naruto... is almost self explanatory. I got tired of it, plus the dub was horrible and I don't watch REALLY long shows on the web

Uta Kata is getting to the 'oh god why' part but, the story itself is cute so I don't find the 4565834 panty shots. :Ta

Collecting Dialgas forever

Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:11 pm

Suzuka wrote:
To Love-Ru :bah: :bah: :bah:

Votes down,I like To love ru!Just the awkward scenes.

Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:50 am
Profile WWW

Bleach... I think it just decidedly dragged on for far too long. Kind of like Inuyasha too. One of those.. oh ... has Naraku finaaaaaaaally died?

✁- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Pure Happiness (✿◠‿◠)
      Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage

✁- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:01 am
Profile WWW

Since I usually watch anime based on recommendation, there are few that I actually dislike. [I might not like some of them, but I don't hate on them either.]

I got through the first episode of InuYasha and hated it. It was just...ugh. I can't describe it.

I disliked the Fruits Basket anime [the manga was a bit better] because of Honda Tohru, who irritated me like no other shoujo manga heroine has irritated me like before.

NARUTO. Where to begin? More importantly, where to end?

And then there was Absolute Boyfriend. I can't stand weak heroines who put romance on a pedestal. I just can't.

In response to what others have posted, I like Gunslinger Girl [the manga is better], Bleach [certain characters and the chapter titles have pretty much made me a fan], and One Piece [I personally like the character designs]. The popularity of a show should never change how you personally feel about it.

find me:
tumblr | aywas | steam: stormhover

ImageImage

Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:50 pm
Profile WWW

WyndiWingfall wrote:
The popularity of a show should never change how you personally feel about it.

Totally agreed. But it's so hard not to let your opinions of the original source material (usually manga) influence your feelings towards an adaptation. Personally, there are very, very few series I actually hate, but there are too many of them once I factor in how much of a letdown some series were compared to the original :/

Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:03 am
Profile WWW

Rosario Vampire
(manga)

It goes to far with language.
And some parts are... not right.
Can't really put it on the site..

Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:06 am

gentri wrote:
WyndiWingfall wrote:
The popularity of a show should never change how you personally feel about it.

Totally agreed. But it's so hard not to let your opinions of the original source material (usually manga) influence your feelings towards an adaptation. Personally, there are very, very few series I actually hate, but there are too many of them once I factor in how much of a letdown some series were compared to the original :/

Mmm, I know what you're talking about. The Death Note manga was great. The live-action film adaptations that spawned from the series' popularity alone? Not so much.

find me:

ImageImage

Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:03 am
Profile WWW

I feel like I should respond to this too. :D

I think the worst anime I've ever watched in probably La Corda D'Oro though I've only seen a few episodes. Absolutely nothing happens. It's just Kahoko being a Mary Sue/whining about how she has a magic violin and bawwwwcantplayarealone! She's so annoying and the boys aren't all that better either. They're all bishonen stereotypes and just bore me to tears when they talk because all they do is talk about Kahoko or music or spend their time glaring at each other for making passes at Kahoko. The only characters who don't do that are either given little to no screen time and show up to make Kahoko more interesting and ~~speshul~~ for about 5 seconds or end up becoming part of her fan club. I also hate the fact that the show completely ignores the other girl competitor who seems to be considered part of the main group only when there needs to be another female present.

I used to think it was interesting the first couple times, I just finished the manga Nodame Cantabile and wanted to watch a music anime, but then Kahoko started complaining about how she's faking playing the violin and everyone else is not, and woe is her. I could only take so many episodes of her wallowing in her self pity before I wanted to shout "Then learn how to play the violin already!"

Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:13 pm

...La Corda d'Oro was originally a dating sim, which pretty much explains everything.

find me:

ImageImage

Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:22 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 211 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next