It is currently Sat May 27, 2017 5:01 am

Reply to topic  [ 217 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
K-Pop 

That would be.

Also, my two friends have albums on Facebook devoted to SHINee and Boyfriend. Like, they add a dozen pictures on an almost daily basis.

They don't look that good. Mostly they look younger than I am and pretty girly.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:35 pm

I...guess that's no weirder than saving pictures of things you like on to your computer? Except Facebook is public and your images folders are...decidedly not. /shrugs.

I wish SM didn't have to change the group's image every time. There are some styles SHINee should've just stuck with because they looked good and not ridiculous.

find me:
tumblr | aywas | steam: stormhover

ImageImage

Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:54 pm
Profile WWW

well, they don't ever post pictures of themselves, and all they talk about/talk to me about is k-pop ;-;

also, this is now decidedly off-topic, but like I said, my best friend is nuts about SHINee and a bunch of boy groups that I really never heard of before she mentioned them. she's...so biased omg. she knows about 2NE1 because I made her listen/watch some videos and she liked them, but she doesn't listen to any girl groups at all. or anyone but SHINee, ukiss, and boyfriend. so she got my other friend into it, and they go around calling themselves shawols 24/7 and I can imagine anyone who looks at their profiles would be super-annoyed by the spam (and there are some people who tease her mercilessly about what she posts on facebook, but this is a whole other story, also I admittedly roll my eyes at their shawol-ness). but anyways, she just doesn't even tell people about any other groups, and when another friend was asking for song recommendations all she offered up was SHINee songs and nothing else, and we were like "ayy yo don't forget there are other groups out there." I mean I don't mind because everyone can like their own groups, but at the same time i'm like "e_e yes dear I know you are a die-hard shawol and I am a blackjack but that doesn't mean I only listen to 1 group and tell all of my friends about just that 1 group, 'cause I know when I got you into k-pop I had you listen to old, new, male, female"

also let's look at pictures I don't like now:
Spoiler: show
(like what is this the korean 1D?)
and a lot of 'memes'

Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:05 pm

^ That's... weird. I mean, I save the occasional gorgeous picture of Kalafina, like this one, but I wouldn't really dedicate my own Facebook to it... Considering that Facebook is personal to you and not an image-sharing site?

Image{Accidentally became a Sone with a Sunny bias, oops.}Image

Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:29 pm
Profile WWW

...Yeah....I hadn't thought it would be so extreme.

find me:

ImageImage

Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:42 pm
Profile WWW

Yeah, but I don't have the heart to say anything. She wouldn't get mad, but she wouldn't stop either. I imagine most people have her on the Facebook equivalent of an ignore list, but she's my best friend so everything she does pops up on my newsfeed AND I get notifications, so if she uploads a dozen pictures of SHINee at 11:30 at night (like last night), then i'm the first to know!

I mean, she has other stuff there but K-Pop is literally her life.

;_;

Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:27 pm

^ Just tell her. I would, and I would also like someone to tell me if I'm annoying them, especially if I'm friends with them and I didn't want to annoy them. Better to say something to their face rather than behind their back.

Also, it's kind of creepy, so that's just added reason to tell them.

Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:55 am
Profile WWW

Yeah, i've already mentioned it a few times but she didn't really think about it. That's just the way she is - earlier this year a girl we both dislike took advantage of her, and I kept pointing it out and urging her to do something about it, but she just shrugged it off (literally, she shrugged and said nothing, and that was the end of it).

Me: "Some people might get really annoyed that you spam pictures of boy groups all the time."
Her: "well i love shinee haha (:"

...yeah, that's how it goes. The best friend and mama bear in me says "NO JUST STOP SO THEY DON'T MAKE FUN OF YOU BEHIND YOUR BACK ANYMORE," and the best friend in me also says, "whatever floats your boat m'dear, different strokes for different folks."

Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:45 am

^ Even so, I think it would be kinder to explain to her why it's annoying people. I'd hate for my best friend to know someone was making fun of me for doing something ridiculous and then never tell me to stop doing it because people were mocking me for it. Isn't it crueler to let people be made fun of?

Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:55 am
Profile WWW

Indeed. I already tried explaining, though, so I don't really know what else to do. It's like the last time, I told her what the whole situation was and what the possible outcomes were, and she did nothing - which wasn't really an option.

kpop addictions ;-;

Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:55 pm

^ People like that are so hopeless. .-. At least they're not at the point where they're convinced members of the band are dating yet, because that's the creepiest and worst thing. There are some Kalafina fans who've deluded themselves into thinking Keiko and Wakana are dating because Keiko is a walking sexual harassment case when it comes to pretty girls, but the k-pop scene seems to attract the most of those weird people, claiming "Jonghyun/Taemin OTP!"...

...Or does your friend do that, too?

Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:08 pm
Profile WWW

hahahaha

Above post is why I can't read YouTube comments on K-pop videos anymore. I guess it's fine to indulge in a little fantasy now and then or to do what you want if you really don't care what others think of it [as Cuore's friend seems to do], but still...past a certain point...STOP.

The bad thing is that K-pop groups - their image, their fanservice, etc. - all deliberately encourage this kind of behavior, this sort of semi-objectification. K-pop idols have this "out of this world," character-ish aura to them, which makes it really easy for fans to obsess over them and imagine themselves with them, rather than treat them as actual human beings.

find me:

ImageImage

Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:48 pm
Profile WWW

I definitely agree, dear Wyndi. I mean, it just feels like people make such a big deal out of the people in their favorite groups. I've seen so many angry trolly flamey comments on music videos of fanclubs attacking each other and the group and it's like

& a lot of people do stuff like what Devola mentioned. I mean, I love my fine YG ladies because of their talent and their sense of style (and how they seem normal) but i'm not one of those "DARA UNNI IS MY LOVE 4EVER!11!"

also my friend mostly always adds comments like "key <33333" or "ahaha taemin look at his face! (: (:"

Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:18 pm

I like Tablo, Sistar, 2NE1 and many more (:

Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:50 am

I like this song.

Anybody else? No?

Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:35 am
Profile WWW

Not sure if this counts as a K-pop addict but this group of Korean people have decided to role-play on facebook. By that I mean they're accounts are named after a K-pop Idol like Goo Hara or Ock Taekyeon etc. and they'd converse on facebook about random things and just 'pretend' to be that person. Just wondering if you know anybody who does this sort of thing - and felt like sharing this weird scenario with you Vdexers :P

Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:53 am

Mast3rEbony wrote:
Not sure if this counts as a K-pop addict but this group of Korean people have decided to role-play on facebook. By that I mean they're accounts are named after a K-pop Idol like Goo Hara or Ock Taekyeon etc. and they'd converse on facebook about random things and just 'pretend' to be that person. Just wondering if you know anybody who does this sort of thing - and felt like sharing this weird scenario with you Vdexers :P

That is weird in so many ways and... What.

Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:06 pm
Profile WWW

Actually, I've seen lots of people roleplay both RL people and characters on Facebook....I will admit it's an odd way to roleplay, but it's certainly not the first time I've seen people roleplaying actual IRL people, so...

find me:

ImageImage

Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:22 pm
Profile WWW

Epik High and Orange Caramel minus Raina for sure <3

HAHAHHA GOO HARA. Eb, the inside jokes.

Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:08 am

Nick, how do you get to know those sorts of people... Also, I've accidentally become addicted to KARA - Electric Boy.

Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 217 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next