K-Pop 

ahh, i forgot about dbsk.
/neglects music folders

thanks for the recommendations though, I'll be sure to look them up <3

Wishlist | everstone Raffle

Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:12 pm

minagi wrote:
???

wow, looks like things kinda got out of hand here....mind if i butt in and offer some insight?

Spoiler: show
First and foremost, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and if a convo is being dropped because of the awkwardness of such, it's best to just let it go. I don't come into this section often, but I'd much rather we not have to lose it like we did with spamfest.

in regards to roleplaying real people, I can honestly say it isnt for me....but i do see where atsu is coming from. role playing a celebrity is much different than roleplaying your next door neighbor. Celebrities get into that business because they strive for the attention and fans and such. with asian pop culture especially (kpop, jpop, jrock, etc) the celebs are well aware of their fans habits. Not only role playing, but fanfics, fanbased manga, cosplays. Fans go to the extreme all the time, and roleplaying is by no means unusual or frowned upon. A lot of celebs themselves put on personas for their fans, a look the fans want to see, words the fans want to hear, they "become" what their fans want, rather than just being themselves.

as she said, it's not really all that different from acting. Actors all the time play the roles of actual people in movies that are "based on a true story". how much research goes into what those people were like, and how to capture their emotions and personality, so it can be properly portrayed? they both look and act like these people as much as possible, but they're not "stealing" that person's identity. People in comercials or photo shoots are hired for being "celebrity look alikes", and are encouraged to try sounding/acting as similar as possible, but that doesnt count as "stealing a celebs identity" either, does it? People who role play as celebrities role play as the front the celebrity puts on for the fans....they're not stalking them, delving into their personal life, and trying like hell to "become" them, they're just role playing the same way you would a fictional character.

the way i see it, frowning on that would mean frowning on roleplaying in general. Celebrities become the "character" their fans want to see, so why is it so wrong to roleplay that "character"? if roleplaying as a celebrity is "stealing their identity", then wouldn't roleplaying as a fictional character be the same as "stealing the author/artists work"? does the author go and give each and every role player permission to use those characters, or are fans just doing so because it's "not real", or "just for fun"?

again, everyone is entitled to their own opinions, and I'm not asking that you agree with me. I'm not looking for an argument either, just offering up a contrary side in hopes that it'll help to settle the issue. from what I see, wyndi isn't bashing it, merely saying it's a bit strange to her, eloquence understands and wants to move on with the convo, and atsu's already tried to drop the subject

on a more related topic, I'm pretty new to the kpop world overall. the only bands I'm really familiar with are SNSD, 2NE1, and Super Junior. would it be too much to ask for artist recommendations?

Spoiler: show
Whether or not they're putting on a "front", you can't be 100% assured that they are. Real people can be affected in ways that fictional people never can be, because they're real, they're tangible, and they can actually feel violated by what you're doing with their identity. Just because they're famous - let's not forget that some people become singers/actors because they have a genuine passion for acting and singing, and don't just want the fame/attention but once their record company discovers those fans, they make the fanservice to pander to them - doesn't mean they're any less of a person, or deserve any less respect.

Besides, what the record company demands the group do for sales doesn't reflect to actual singer's wishes, and to treat the two like they're same is a huge leap of logic and one that doesn't behoove anyone to make. That's you seeking to justify yourself using an only tangential connection, and not anything else.

i.e. If someone completely random came up to you and said, "I had a really vivid sex dream about you last night, let me tell you all about it", would you be comfortable with that? Would you be comfortable with them writing a fanfiction about it, or roleplaying it with another person where they pretend to be you?

Once you justify one kind of breach in privacy by saying, "but they're just celebrities", what more can you justify? Shouldn't there be a line in the sand that you can't cross, and things that potentially harm or infringe on other people's rights qualify as that?

Block B are pretty cool, I really like their latest album. I'm also kind of alright on a few songs by Brown Eyed Girls, and I'm not opposed to Boa, either. F.T.Island have done a few alright songs, I guess.

@Wyndi You make sure he has either a Sunny bias or a Jessica bias! Or a Seohyun, Sooyoung, Hyoyeon or Taeyeon bias... Or a Tiffany bias... Or a Yoona bias... Or a Yuri bias...

Image{Accidentally became a Sone with a Sunny bias, oops.}Image

Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:21 pm
Profile WWW

Boa...as in the one who does Every Heart? I wasn't aware she did k-pop D:
/is oblivious

Wishlist | everstone Raffle

Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:46 pm

I don't really think he cares about them individually....He just seems to like their music and hasn't gotten to know them as people. For now, anyway.

find me:
tumblr | aywas | steam: stormhover

ImageImage

Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:39 am
Profile WWW

minagi wrote:
Boa...as in the one who does Every Heart? I wasn't aware she did k-pop D:
/is oblivious

Here're two songs I like by her.

WyndiWingfall wrote:
I don't really think he cares about them individually....He just seems to like their music and hasn't gotten to know them as people. For now, anyway.

Does he have a favourite song? I think mine's probably Genie.

Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:43 pm
Profile WWW

lol SO MANY QUESTIONS

I don't know, I haven't really talked to him about it much....SNSD isn't one of my favorite groups. I do like "Time Machine," though....

find me:
tumblr | aywas | steam: stormhover

ImageImage

Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:57 pm
Profile WWW

I like talking about my favourite groups, okaaay. ;~;

Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:44 pm
Profile WWW

i didn't really listen to k-pop until this summer
i love ukiss!!!! especially 0330 that song is soooo cute

still a newbie, so i'm interested in any starter pokemon:3 // if you have the gemini twins or eevee that'd be awesome!
or shinies/retros/adorable pokemon in general!

Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:41 pm

A friend at school is kinda getting me into it. I love foreign music but my lack of computer space means I can't download anymore on it and my lack of funds mean i can't buy itunes money to download straight to my ipod :sob: wonderful music eludes me! any suggestions i can youtube? I have a HUGE crush on Hyuna.

Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:15 pm

Rosie Greenwood wrote:
A friend at school is kinda getting me into it. I love foreign music but my lack of computer space means I can't download anymore on it and my lack of funds mean i can't buy itunes money to download straight to my ipod :sob: wonderful music eludes me! any suggestions i can youtube? I have a HUGE crush on Hyuna.

Luckily, most K-pop artists now have youtube channels (or unluckily, if you're sick of Gangnam Style). If you like HyunA, check out 4Minute. Along the lines of girl groups, there's Kara, Secret, T-ara, Girls Generation, SISTAR, Miss A, Vista...there's more, but I'm thinking off the top of my head. Some of the male groups are pretty good as well: BigBang, B.A.P., Shinee, JYJ...

One thing that may help you is the Billboard Korea youtube channel - they post a video of the top 50 tracks for the week, and if you like any songs you hear on the list, you can probably find it on youtube or in other places.

it's kind of fun to do the impossible ~ walt disney

Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:48 am

Super Junior & DBSK ftw~ <3
Love these two groups. <3 :3

Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:55 am

My favourite is Exo-K.

Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:25 pm

Just thought I'd pop in randomly and see what we're discussing and add my thoughts. I really love girl bands like 2NE1 and Girls Generation and Wonder Girls. But my favorite singular artists are Psy and G-Dragon. Yeah, I listen to the more "mainstream" Kpop but whatever, I like it and I think it's really good. And G-Dragon is such a cuuuyutiie~~

EDIT: I also just noticed when the last post was, sorry guys. Hope I'm not spamming with necroposts or anything like that, I didn't mean to. This thread was pretty close to the top so I didn't look and just assumed it was pretty recent. Oops, my mistake...

Follow Me on Tumblr

Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:48 am

VIXX, 2NE1, BigBang, B1A4, and Block B are my fave groups. Mental Breaker by Block B and G.R.8.U. by VIXX are two of my favourite K-Pop songs. :D

Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:43 pm
Profile WWW

I listen to some K-Pop. Boa is adorable. :) I'm also somewhat fond of Girls Generation and 2NE1. It's funny -- I pretty much don't listen to pop music at all except for the occasional k- or j-pop singer or group.

Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:08 pm

i think i'm the only one playboyz and blacksone here lol

shinee is my favorite boyband along with infinite, wookey bias. <///3

Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:11 pm

my sister showed me kpop when fantastic baby came out and i wasn't a fan but now i've fallen down the rabbit hole lmao. f(x), red velvet, and mamamoo(!!!) are my favourite girl groups and shines and bts are my favourite male groups.

hwasa is my jazzy curvy goddess tbh i'm so in love

breeding | auction | giveaway | journal | wishlist

Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:37 am
Reply to topic   [ 217 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11