It is currently Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:49 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
Do Record Companies actually listen to Music Buyers? 

You know,

In amongst allll the discussion, debating, & agreeing or disagreeing that goes on around our board, there's one thing I don't think has ever been uncovered; Do Record companies/ conglomerates, whatever they're called these days of digital....Do we have any honest clout as to what gets chosen to release/re-issue, what have you? Are there archivists/producers/curators at these places that will read E-mails or letters from the general music consumer? Maybe takes some time to find out what a board like ours has to say again & again as to what we'd like to see, and will take the time to answer why or why not certain product can or can't happen? Look at the requests to go back to honest analog sound. I'd like to hear from someone high up in the food chain take this topic and tell us; Is this doable in 2017? Or is it simply cost-prohibitive after so much digital change? What about the brickwalling & loudness wars....is that simply here to stay regardless? We've had some great requests for certain boxsets, live material & long-lost musical prizes that people are prepared to open their wallets for. Is anyone in the "ivory towers" hearing what is being said here? Or has it all just turned into a giant bean-counting exercise overall?

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References
http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/d ... rs.680968/

Marketing Video Production

Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:52 am
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]