It is currently Fri May 26, 2017 9:31 pm

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
Electronic Dance Music (EDM) Appreciation Thread 

If you are reading this, there is a slight chance that you are a fan of the EDM genre of music! Well, then, I say you deserve a great pat on the back! The EDM music genre includes, but is not limited to, dubstep, DnB, Electro, Trance, Glitch, and Moombahton. This thread is for those who want to share an awesome new track they discovered, promote a new artist, introduce a song they made themselves, or just to chat about others who share a similar taste of music. This thread is designed to bring fans of EDM closer together. So let's start off with the most basic, yet relate-able, question that I can conceive right now: what is your favorite sub-genre of EDM, and why?

Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:15 pm

I prefer Glitch toned music, makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside :3..

Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:27 pm
Profile WWW

I didn't even start to get into Glitch until recently, but I'm sure you've heard of Cryptex?

Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:28 pm

Finally Electronic Music fans \o/
My personal favorites are Progressive House and Trance, but I also listen to dubstep, DnB etc. sometimes.
Why are there my favorites ? Because there are the only subgenres that can make you feel sad, happy or whatever depending on the tracks you listen to.
My favorite one :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFMwb4dlZlU
*_*
I mean, this lead is just unbelieveable !!!

Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:12 pm

That's pretty nice. Maybe you could try and look up the artist named Hellberg? It's within the same ballpark, I believe.

Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:39 pm

How about some dubstep? lol.

Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:35 am
Profile YIM WWW

ch4rizard wrote:

IMO dubstep is a "cool" genre : it's not made for dancing but when you listen to it you wanna shake your body like crazy xD

Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:13 pm

Buckkk wrote:
ch4rizard wrote:

IMO dubstep is a "cool" genre : it's not made for dancing but when you listen to it you wanna shake your body like crazy xD

That's pretty much what raving is.

Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:14 pm

ngl, watching people try to figure out how to dance to dubstep when youre at a club is one of the most hilarious things
some people can pull it off but theres always going to be people who look like fish outta water more so than any other type of dance music is what ive noticed ahaha

im into edm all across the board, cant say i really have a favorite genre, but i do have favorite musicians
ive been on a bit of a bloody beetroots and cally gage binge lately \m/

twitter / tumblr / ...

Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:33 pm

DemonicRice wrote:
Buckkk wrote:
ch4rizard wrote:

That's pretty much what raving is.

Yeah. Skrillex is one of the artist I know. He's pretty good, also, Lights has a little dubstep in her music as well.

Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:52 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Hnng I love Electronic music; And yay, an EDM appreciation thread! * u*

*bookmarks*

I like just about every genre of Electronic music so it's hard to choose just one, but I think I listen to Hardcore styles the most. Hardcore styles (Happy Hardcore, Breakcore, Lolicore, ect) and Progressive House and Progressive Trance.

Lately I've been listening to aran a lot. You guys should check out his track
Epicuranism. It's godly.

ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Fri May 04, 2012 5:42 pm

pocket wrote:
Epicuranism. It's godly.

Y E S. aran is amazing. Attack The Wall, Liververation, and TRY UNITE! have been blowing me away. *A*

I'm another person that likes just about every kind of electronic music (don't particularly prefer certain types over others tbh), though I generally stick with doujin releases. I'd say void is probably my favourite DJ right now. I've been sobbing over Day of Judgement all week.

twitter tumblr mfc avatar art   

Fri May 04, 2012 9:55 pm

lerisia wrote:
pocket wrote:
Epicuranism. It's godly.

Y E S. aran is amazing. Attack The Wall, Liververation, and TRY UNITE! have been blowing me away. *A*

I'm another person that likes just about every kind of electronic music (don't particularly prefer certain types over others tbh), though I generally stick with doujin releases. I'd say void is probably my favourite DJ right now. I've been sobbing over Day of Judgement all week.

That...is a sexy track...

Mon May 21, 2012 6:48 pm

@lerisia: I didn't pay aran much attention until I heard TRY UNITE not too long ago. I fell in love with him and that song instantly. <3

I listen to doujin releases, too, but I discovered it just recently (after C79, but before C80). I feel like I have so much to learn and so many hard drives to buy, LOL. I don't have a favorite DJ yet, but I love SKETCH UP! Recordings and HARDCORE TANO*C.

ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Fri May 25, 2012 7:18 am

Oh, you got into doujincore around the same time I did, actually! To be honest, I didn't pay much attention to aran until the 2012 tour. I mean, I liked Undulation, but aran's still a fairly new DJ so there wasn't much to really judge him by. His music is generally very good, though!

Speaking of Undulation, Deeper Underground as a whole has been the best ALiCE'S EMOTiON release in a good long while. I don't even really have high hopes for the FORLANE albums, but I'll probably listen to them anyway because wubs and Otenba Koimusume. Why do you do this to me, REDALiCE? Considering Reitaisai is tomorrow, I'm hoping there are some good electronic arrange albums released. I'm so excited for ABANDONED DANCEHALL and thE3/thE3.5. *A*

I really like SKETCH UP! releases as well, but I have to say that JP-H/D#01 was pretty disappointing. The only tracks that really stood out for me were Day of Judgement (I'll blindly love anything void does tbh) and Tranquillust Fulgor. I've actually really taken a liking to Le Dos-on in general as I've been missing good freeform in my life. ♥ His ENERGY album was amazing! Ah man, M3-29 was full of win~

If you're interested in checking any new circles out, I'm also fond of the following:
Mournfinale
UOM Records
Diverse System
Altanaphixx
electro planet
pichnopop
MINAMOTRANCE
STR Label
Notebook Records
Solidbox Records
sound.AVE
Alstroemeria Records
LiLA’c Records

And I guess you could list C.H.S. as well. After Answer from X Girlz I'm becoming more fond of t+pazolite, but I can't for the life of me stand the really cutesy stuff he does with Rizna.

...mostly because I can't stand Rizna's vocals. @.@

twitter tumblr mfc avatar art   

Sat May 26, 2012 2:02 am

I honestly don't totally understand the difference between all these sub genres!! I just like the artists and songs that I dig and then I don't really care about the classification.

Artists I dig: Deadmau5, Skrillex, Savant, Lapfox Trax (Renard, Mayhem, Jackal Queenston, etc), Daft Punk, Video Violence, Sebastian, Seven Lions, Dillion Francis, Zedd, The M Machine, Ghostkick, Madeon, Monsta, Pogo, Koan Sound, Alvin Risk, Skream, Kill The Noise, Dog Blood, and some others I can't recall right now.

I've also made a Deadmau5 head.
You can call me p0rtalmau5.

Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:50 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]