It is currently Wed May 24, 2017 10:02 pm

Reply to topic  [ 328 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Vocaloids ♪ 

I've said this before and I'll say it again: I don't really have any preferences when it comes to vocaloids. I'm more attracted to the music.

This isn't saying I don't like vocaloids, because I think they're a great tool. However, I don't really prefer one over the other and am more interested in what people actually use them for rather than the vocaloids themselves. The thing that strikes me most is that a lot of people don't realize how useful the vocaloids can be for unknown producers. It gives them the ability to release their songs and get their name out there without looking for a vocalist to work with. Granted, that has a lot to do with what the producer is aiming for. There are other ways for "unknown producers" to get their names out there in Japan (BMS, doujin releases, etc.).

Now, I'm not saying all vocaloid producers are good at using the software. Honestly speaking, ryo can compose some very nice songs, but he doesn't know how to tune a vocaloid to save his life and that's very off-putting (Sekiranun Graffiti was awful when it comes to this). I really don't get how his vocaloid songs are so popular when half the time the vocaloid is singing out of their range. Same could be said of wowaka for me. His compositions are generally very nice, but I can't stand the way he tunes his vocaloids.

Honestly speaking, the only producers I found through vocaloids that I still like would be kz/livetune, DECO*27, kofunP and Yuyoyuppe. All the other vocaloid music I listen to falls under the 1) LOL BMS or 2) compilation album with musicians I like on it category. I used to be into vocaloids a lot more than I am now, but I still enjoy seeing what people have come up with every now and then.

The most surprising use of vocaloids for me is still K-system's call me again from Altanaphixx OpusXtra03 : evolocasys. WAS NOT EXPECTING MIKU ON A IIDX REMIX ALBUM. Not to mention I never expect an ambient remix of any song Tatsh had a hand in creating. Just sayin'

As far as nico singers go, fmy. and *Airi teaming up to form peachpot was quite possibility one of the best things to ever happen in my life. /squeaks.

twitter tumblr mfc avatar art   

Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:03 am

I really need to delve into DECO*27's discography orz. The only thing I've really listened to is egomama. I'm not a huge fan of rock music, and I know he does a lot of that, but now that I'm really warming up to the genre I want to give him a try.

Also also *flailing everywhere* Galaxias! is a pretty awesome group! I can't believe it: Teddyloid, Shibasaki Kou, and Deco*27! o_o

Speaking of producers who work with live singers, I am fervently waiting for livetune to produce a full album for ClariS.

ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:17 am

Ironically, I'm listening to DECO*27 sing Step to You with Mirto XD

I've recently gotten back into piano covers... like the one for World's End Umbrella :O At around 5:25 I started to tear up a bit ;A;

Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:47 pm
Profile WWW

Po Pi Po Pi Po Po Pi Po!
Favorite Vocaloid song lol

ImageImageImage

Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:36 pm

Aeriesiapna wrote:
Po Pi Po Pi Po Po Pi Po!
Favorite Vocaloid song lol
Oh god ぽっぴっぽー. This guy has listened to it over 300,000 times. In fact, when you visit his page he'll probably still be listening to it...

I listened to it once, to see what was so good about it, and have found that it has addictive qualities rivaling Nyan Cat.

ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:30 pm

Indeed it Does lmao it always makes me feel like im bursting with energy, and that I want Vegatable Juice

ImageImageImage

Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:38 pm

I don't think I've ever had vegetable juice, unless V8 Splash counts? It tastes so much like fruit juice, though. :S I believe it is a mixture of vegetable juice and fruit juice (though I could be wrong) so I'm going to say it doesn't count...

Does anyone like VOCALOID MMDs? I'm sort of new to them but I really like this one. = ω = Great song, too.

ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:28 pm

I have a friend who's seriously obsessed w/ Vocaloid.

CARAMELLDANSEN FTW

~

Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:13 pm

My favorite Vocaloid would be between Len Kagamine, Kaai Yuki, Kaito, and Hiyama Kiyoteru. I've been listening to Judgement of Corruption recently.

Image Image

Fri May 04, 2012 4:54 pm

Miku is my fav ^_^

Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:40 pm
Profile WWW

I've got a serious obsession with Vocaloid. @x@
Rin and Len are my favourites. ♥
Although I'm ashamed to say I've started listening to Nico Nico more.
Infact, I'm not ashamed at all. o3o

Image Image

Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:43 am

IA and GUMI all the way. IA is the clearest sounding Vocaloid whilst GUMI is the most human-sounding. Although... I have a soft spot for Kagamine Rin's act I voice bank because shdkdkjs ROLLING R's. THEY ROLL.

Though, I'm like lerisa when it comes to Vocaloids. It's less to do with the Vocaloids themselves and more to do with the music for me, and how well the producers can use the software. I'm not a fan of Hatsune Miku because honestly, her voicebank grates on me, BUT wowaka-p can do no wrong for me. When it comes to Vocaloid producers, I'm a huge fan of practically anything minato, DECO*27, wowaka, kemu and Jin pump out.

Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:26 am
Profile WWW

The one song I really love is Ogre and Maiden
My favorite vocaloids are Gakupo,Meiko, Kaito, VY2 Yuma, Luka, Oliver, and Gumi
Some of the more realistic sounding vocaloids while amazing,
just don't have the same effect on me like Kaito and Meiko do.
That might just be me though.

Image Image

Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:41 pm

I'm absolutely in love with Gumi. I will pretty much listen to any Vocaloid though, as long as it's a well composed song. Right now, my favorite songs are all done by Manbo-Dead-Behind-the-House-P. They're all fairly strange songs, but they're really well done. The first one I heard by him was Sweet Float Flats and I absolutely fell in love. His little sister does all of the art for the videos too! It's really cute.

still on hiatus.

Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:58 pm
Profile WWW

I just found out recently about Utatane Piko, and I really like his voice. Two of the songs I've listened to him so far feature his more.. feminine voice. But! This one has his more masculine voice.

SeeU is nice, too. ^^

Aeri's Growing Pains Quest~ inactive | LiveJournal | Youtube | Fushigi Yuugi: Tenkyoku Heiden

Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:03 am
Profile WWW

So I think the impossible has been attained.

It looks like there's a YouTube uploader who has the skill to tune various vocaloids to the point that they sound near-entirely human. When it comes to the older vocaloids (MEIKO, KAITO, Luka, Miku, and Rin/Len instantly come to mind) they only really have their appends going for them if users want to really make them sound realistic (and even then, arguably their entire charm is the robotic quality to their voice regardless of tuning l-lol), but the newer generation of vocaloids appear to have an engine capable of rendering the voice realistically if tuned well.

The newer vocaloid3 especially are the most realistic by far, and understandably.
Tori no Uta [IA]
Torinoko City [Yuzuki Yukari]

But here a few examples of how good tuning brings out the best of any vocaloid~
Leave in Summer, Yet You're In My Fluffoughts [SeeU, Piko Utatane & VY2]
Piano x Forte x Scandal [Nekomura Iroha]
Sky Clad Observer [SF-A2 miki]

Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:10 pm
Profile WWW

I haven't really listened to any of the new Vocaloid 3 Vocaloids. By the way how many people like Boss Death? It's my favorite Miku song next to From a Girl Who Will Die in 3 Days.

Image Image

Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:35 pm

I actually like V3 alot. I think my favorites are SeeU and Oliver. I'm also impressed that they made two Spanish vocaloids. Bruno and Clara are really great, they have such clear voices. Not to mention when they sing in their demos it actually sounds right. I've always been a little unimpressed with the English vocaloids because its hard to understand them but I understand Bruno and Clara completely. Its disappointing they don't have other language-based vocaloids.

Kinda irritates me that people are trying to use Bruno and Clara for Japanese songs. Guys it just doesn't work they're Spainish vocaloids...

I AM impressed by Oliver though. If done right he sounds really smooth and the accent works to his advantage.

Concerning SeeU, alot of people seem to hate her but I think she's actually pretty good. I was really impressed by her song 'Alone.' And as I said its always great to see more different language based vocaloids.

Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:04 pm

I haven't been big into vocaloids since Gumi was brand new so it has been a while. I like Gumi a lot but my favorite still has to be Luka. Her English was awful but when people did her Japanese voice right (that lower voice instead of the much favored higher voice.) Gosh, I love it. I mean, my favorite song is No Logic so I like her higher voice obviously. However, songs like Masquerade is what her voice is for, in my opinion.

I saw a bit of SeeU and Oliver. I liked what I saw, though Oliver not as much because, obviously, I like more mature voices. I'd like to see some SeeU Korean songs. I only saw Japanese (she is Korean, ja?)

Edit: Also, I LOVE Boss Death. One of my favorite Miku songs too.

Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:42 am

Quick question! Do any of you know any Vocaloid songs that focus on unexplained mysteries? I participate in VoCalendar on Youtube, and the theme for this month is unexplained mysteries, which I'm having a hard time finding a song. Would anyone be able to help?

Thanks in advance!

Aeri's Growing Pains Quest~ inactive | LiveJournal | Youtube | Fushigi Yuugi: Tenkyoku Heiden

Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:48 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 328 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next