It is currently Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:15 am

Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
[IMPORTANT] Jan 18 2016 Database Crash - Info&Questions 
Leading King

I'm not sure what you mean by the case :0

Twitter | Reversed Side A archive

Please, ask VDex gameplay questions in the help forum.

Spoiler: show
Image Image

Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:16 pm
Profile WWW

I guess I mean if those screenshots exist, and if so would we be able to see them. I'm trying to remember what sprites I had in the collection, but I can't remember a few for the life of me, particularly if I had a lot of a pokemon (like Ponyta or Pikachu).

Also, should we PM you if we need more swap certificates, or should we let you know here? I hope I'm not being a pain.

it's kind of fun to do the impossible ~ walt disney

Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:22 pm

I have a couple of questions...

So, I've been collecting grass types, which obviously includes all the retro sprites.
However, the collection I put them all into is my collection for ALL of the grass sprites... so it isn't a specific retro sprite collection like "gold" or "crystal" or something.

I DID sort that collection by sprite and dex number, so they're all in that order based on what their sprite originally was. I have not touched the collection since the crash.

Here's the catch: I nicknamed most of them with the sprite they had, for my own convenience when searching through the PC for breeding pairs.
Several retros of the same species (like Paras... lots of Paras) are all also next to each other in a PC box, usually also sorted by which sprite they were. Most of these are nicknamed too, I believe.

Does a nickname not touched since before the crash (I haven't re-nicknamed anything, I don't know if there's logs for that) count as proof for retro restoration?

I do have proof for some of them (I spent ALL DAY yesterday going through my ENTIRE post history... the feels...), but for "regular" retros like my billion Hoppips, I haven't specifically posted about.

I can probably actually use my Swap Certificates for most (if not all) of them, but if any aren't eligible for that, I'd like to know my options at least.

Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:47 pm

x99 certificates...welp I guess I don't have to worry about those ditto then XD
I guess my 'keep one of almost every Pokemon' thing came in handy again

Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:51 pm
Leading King

KonoSekai wrote:
I guess I mean if those screenshots exist, and if so would we be able to see them. I'm trying to remember what sprites I had in the collection, but I can't remember a few for the life of me, particularly if I had a lot of a pokemon (like Ponyta or Pikachu).

Also, should we PM you if we need more swap certificates, or should we let you know here? I hope I'm not being a pain.

No, they weren't actual screenshots. I took a snapshot (made a copy) of the database as it was before I made the game go live again, and at that point, the sprites had already been lost. This was done so I can tell whether or not a Pokémon was in a box/collection/etc before the crash.

You can PM me if you need more, but please use all of yours first.

Rora wrote:
I have a couple of questions...

So, I've been collecting grass types, which obviously includes all the retro sprites.
However, the collection I put them all into is my collection for ALL of the grass sprites... so it isn't a specific retro sprite collection like "gold" or "crystal" or something.

I DID sort that collection by sprite and dex number, so they're all in that order based on what their sprite originally was. I have not touched the collection since the crash.

Here's the catch: I nicknamed most of them with the sprite they had, for my own convenience when searching through the PC for breeding pairs.
Several retros of the same species (like Paras... lots of Paras) are all also next to each other in a PC box, usually also sorted by which sprite they were. Most of these are nicknamed too, I believe.

Does a nickname not touched since before the crash (I haven't re-nicknamed anything, I don't know if there's logs for that) count as proof for retro restoration?

I do have proof for some of them (I spent ALL DAY yesterday going through my ENTIRE post history... the feels...), but for "regular" retros like my billion Hoppips, I haven't specifically posted about.

I can probably actually use my Swap Certificates for most (if not all) of them, but if any aren't eligible for that, I'd like to know my options at least.

Both the themed collection and the nicknames count, so please feel free to request a restoration for those.

Image Image

Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:27 pm
Profile WWW

Thanks for the sprite swapper , but Shiro , can you help me , I'm accidentally release my shiny crystal after using the sprite swapper because I'm using my mobile phone and it is hard to click pc

Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:15 am

Several of my pokemons in my "retro sprites" boxes now are HGSS, so they lost their sprite data, but I have no idea what sprite they had....
Are we actually free to use our swappers freely, or is it considered cheating if we give our Pokemons a sprite they did not have ?

Last edited by Kodoku on Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:11 pm

aus wrote:
Thanks for the sprite swapper , but Shiro , can you help me , I'm accidentally release my shiny crystal after using the sprite swapper because I'm using my mobile phone and it is hard to click pc

Shiro might have a better solution, but in the meantime if you released it you could try asking in Gacha-ching over in the VirtualDex Project forum if it's been found. No guarantees, but hey, it's a start.

Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:30 pm

ChibiNinja wrote:
aus wrote:

Shiro might have a better solution, but in the meantime if you released it you could try asking in Gacha-ching over in the VirtualDex Project forum if it's been found. No guarantees, but hey, it's a start.

If it turns out that it was trade locked (red lock icon, not grey), then it went to Shiro's PC instead of Gacha. This is what I've read about trade locked Pokemon.

Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:38 pm
Leading King

aus wrote:

As mentioned above, red locked Pokémon go straight to me, so I could send it back to you. It's in your Archive right now.

Kodoku wrote:
Several of my pokemons in my "retro sprites" boxes now are HGSS, so they lost their sprite data, but I have no idea what sprite they had....
Are we actually free to use our swappers freely, or is it considered cheating if we give our Pokemons a sprite they did not have ?

You're free to use your swappers however you'd like.

Image Image

Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:02 pm
Profile WWW

Well, so I guess it is not that much of a loss if I can use the remaining swappers on my shiny ducks :3
Thanks for your answer, and thanks a lot for having fixed a few of my Pokemons.
And thanks for your hard work on this bug !

Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:20 am

Is the shiny rate back to normal again? But maybe I'm just super unlucky atm... :<
Apart from that, thanks for implementing the sprite swapper, it's so helpful!

ImageImageImage
♥♥♥ Itachi addict ♥♥♥

Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:51 am

Have you considered leaving the increased shiny & retro rate as is?

The increase has made me play vdex a lot more than I used to. One of the most discouraging things about vdex was how abysmal the retro + shiny rate was. It made refreshing a pain and to the extent I would only check up on berries and eggs. I personally don't see the harm in leaving things the way they are, given the economy/small player base remaining. It definitely gives me more incentive to play vdex more than I had been in over three years. I'm speaking as someone who does not spend all day refreshing though (I spend a couple of hours on and off), as that opinion isn't really valid for the casual/majority of vdex and basing it off one opinion penalises the majority.

Just my two cents :c I'd probably go back to being inactive when the rates are put back to normal.

Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:10 am

So my point of vue : As a no-lifer here, the Shiny rate changed is not really a problem. I've asked for this, it's seems not too much but not too low (quite unlucky these days) but it can help many people and for hardcore users we can search for retros shiny without becoming too much common. Moreover the actual shiny rate in pokemon game is this one 1/4096.

But I'd be okay with 1/8192.

NOW for retro rate i think it's a little too much if you keep it. I've a GBP and it makes everything really common to be honnest (even if i can search for retro shiny so i enjoh it really XD). But for people without GBP it's nice.

4000 Shiny caught : DONE
Buying BP in bulk | IRC
ImageImage

Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:50 am

I like the increased rates. Admittedly I'm not able to refresh much, but getting prize money on the site is painfully difficult, and the GBP is terribly expensive. Breeding things also takes a lot of time and luck too, so the usual methods there don't really make it as superior to refreshing as it might otherwise be. (20% chance of pinkan my eye, stupid surskit)

Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:24 pm
Leading King

I don't mind leaving the increased rates up, personally. I'd like to see if there are any more arguments against it. :o

Image Image

Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:49 pm
Profile WWW

Shirogane wrote:
I don't mind leaving the increased rates up, personally. I'd like to see if there are any more arguments against it. :o

I like it a lot. ;w; you could make a poll? :-0

idiot ninja boyfriends that fight a lot and sometimes hold hands

Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:54 pm

I honestly don't see an issue with leaving the rates as they are now. Not everyone has the time like myself and some others do to refresh for hours and it can be really discouraging when they gain nothing when they DO have the time to refresh. I think it'd make the game more enjoyable for a lot more people!

Want to catch your own shiny?
Come visit!

ImageImage
    ImageImageImageImage

Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:57 pm
Profile WWW

The only thing I could see against it's a huge change for people who hunted for years with a more difficult Shiny Rate. And Ada.

So nothing really important.

4000 Shiny caught : DONE
Buying BP in bulk | IRC
ImageImage

Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:19 pm

As someone who's been around for a while and still does refresh quite a lot here, I would love for the increased rates to be permanent. But in regards to previous post, possibly a note somewhere about Ada not helping, or a change to how she works since I think you said earlier she doesn't help compared to the doubled site rate.

Buying: Shinies and Items!
(Offering Parcels/Items/Pokemon)

Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next