It is currently Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:36 pm

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
Masuda Method help? 

Hello, this is my first time breeding via using the Masuda Method.
I have a male Japanese Bunnelby and a female Canadian Espurr in the daycare and I've already hatched 1,440 eggs without any shiny.
Please let me know if I'm doing this right, I even second guessed my parents and took my Bunnelby out just now to check if he was Japanese or not. T T ;;;

Thank you!
Please let me know if I just have the worst luck, or if I'm being impatient. > <;;

Always looking for Sheryl Nome's "Meloetta"

[ Selling ] [ Journal ]
Totodile lover! ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ Image Image
Twitter | DA+ | Tumblr

Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:26 pm
Profile WWW

Quick question are you from Canada because yo must take a pokemon where you are from and then one from where you are from and then one from a foreign country. This link should help if you still don't understand
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Masuda_method

I'll take my own path no matter what anyone else says!

Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:20 pm

Yup!
I have a Canadian Espurr in my daycare and a male Japanese Bunnelby.

Always looking for Sheryl Nome's "Meloetta"

[ Selling ] [ Journal ]
Totodile lover! ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ Image Image
Twitter | DA+ | Tumblr

Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:29 pm
Profile WWW

Yes you are doing every thing right it is just your luck.

I'll take my own path no matter what anyone else says!

Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:41 pm

Ichigo26 wrote:
Quick question are you from Canada because yo must take a pokemon where you are from and then one from where you are from and then one from a foreign country. This link should help if you still don't understand

No, it works if "at least one of the Pokémon in the pair is from a country different to the country of the game cartridge. "
So even if it was not a canadian pokémon, it would work.
I think even Japanese x Japanese would work (if your game cartridge isn't Japanese). Unless I understood something wrong ?

So yeah, it's just your luck.

Image Image
GPXPlus : Image
Image - Buying Special Natures - Shop - Breeding Stand

"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies." - George R. R. Martin, A Dance with Dragons.

Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:19 am

Hiraelle wrote:
Ichigo26 wrote:

No, it works if "at least one of the Pokémon in the pair is from a country different to the country of the game cartridge. "
So even if it was not a canadian pokémon, it would work.
I think even Japanese x Japanese would work (if your game cartridge isn't Japanese). Unless I understood something wrong ?

So yeah, it's just your luck.

Japanese X Japanese wouldn't work. From my understanding as long as the two pokemon in the daycare do not share the same country of origin it will work. So two foreigns from different countries (Japanese x Italian) would work but not any better than a pokemon from the cartridge and a foreign pokemon.

Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:29 am

I'm not 100% sure if it's true or not, but I've read that if you use two pokemon from different language speaking countries, it increases the chance. So maybe like a german pokemon and a japanese pokemon, but not one from a country that speaks english. Has anyone else ever heard if this method works better or not?

Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:22 pm

No, the language doesn't matter. The Pokémon have to be from different countries, so your cartridge's country is irrelevant. Japanese x German, German x English, and English x Canada all have the same increased chance, while Japanese x Japanese, German x German, and English x English are all the normal chance.

Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:10 pm

Oh, okay. I only heard it once or twice so I wondered if there was any truth behind it or not.

Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:11 pm

Quoting what someone said.

So long as one pokemon is international / not from your games region/language , it counts as masuda breeding. It doesn't matter what the second one is, so long as it is not the same region/language as the other pokemon.

So JP x KR , JP x EN , KR x EN etc.

Iirc EN(EU) x EN(USA/CANADA) wont work, since the language is the same, as someone trading a pokemon from EN to another EN game (still counts as EN, but counts as not yours).

Last edited by Atsuaki on Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:27 pm

Atsuaki wrote:

So long as one pokemon is international / not from your games region/language , it counts as masuda breeding. It doesn't matter what the second one is, so long as it is not the same region/language as the other pokemon.

Iirc EN(EU) x EN(USA/CANADA) works, since the language is the same, as someone trading a pokemon from EN to another EN game (still counts as EN, but counts as not yours).

They have to have different language tags. EN (EU) x EN (USA) will not work, as they have the same language tag.

Tumblr

Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:58 pm
Profile WWW

Harmonious wrote:
Atsuaki wrote:

Iirc EN(EU) x EN(USA/CANADA) works, since the language is the same, as someone trading a pokemon from EN to another EN game (still counts as EN, but counts as not yours).

They have to have different language tags. EN (EU) x EN (USA) will not work, as they have the same language tag.

I made a typo HAHAH I MEANT THEY DONT WORK

Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:15 am

One way to make absolutely certain that the oparents will work is to always check for that foreign marker on the top part of their page (if they don't have one it means they're native to where your country is, though there's some lumped together even in this case, such as US and Canada being considered "the same" in terms of not yielding foreign markers for each other).

Otherwise, like everyone else said, as long as the parents are different nationalities from each other (whetherbor not one or the other shares the same nationality as you), it should work, but the odds of it working can still be really quick or really long anyways depending on luck.

To name some examples, when I bred eevees and fennekins, I've had up to five boxes worth of the former and three boxes of the latter without a shiny in sight before giving up. When breeding feebas, I had a little more than half a box's worth before I got one. And another who did an explanation on shinies took well over 7 boxes before she got a shiny bulbasaur to use in the video for demonstration.

Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:38 pm

Atsuaki wrote:
Iirc EN(EU) x EN(USA/CANADA) wont work, since the language is the same, as someone trading a pokemon from EN to another EN game (still counts as EN, but counts as not yours).

...no, it does work. that's what i was just saying:
Bulbapedia wrote:
...although the method will work in any game provided at least one of the Pokémon in the pair is from a country different to the country of the game cartridge...
An internal marker on each Pokémon identifies their "home location", 0x17. If the game recognizes the two Pokémon in the daycare as having different home locations, then when an Egg is generated, the game will attempt to generate a personality value that results in a Shiny Pokémon up to four extra times in Generation IV and five extra times in Generation V.
Emphasis mine. Language doesn't matter, but country does.

Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:39 pm

Megrid wrote:
To name some examples, when I bred eevees and fennekins, I've had up to five boxes worth of the former and three boxes of the latter without a shiny in sight before giving up. When breeding feebas, I had a little more than half a box's worth before I got one. And another who did an explanation on shinies took well over 7 boxes before she got a shiny bulbasaur to use in the video for demonstration.

I'm currently at 45 boxes of Espurrs, with the Shiny Charm and Masuda method, so, your complaints are irrelevant.

Image Image
GPXPlus : Image
Image - Buying Special Natures - Shop - Breeding Stand

"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies." - George R. R. Martin, A Dance with Dragons.

Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]