It is currently Fri May 26, 2017 7:40 pm

Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Forum Rules (last update: Apr 05, 2012) 
Leading King

Well, I don't mind if you use my characters, though I can't speak for VSSAKJ (wrote Bel), Fimbulvetr (wrote Hari) and green (wrote Jan).

Twitter | Reversed Side A archive

Please, ask VDex gameplay questions in the help forum.

Spoiler: show
Image Image

Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:27 pm
Profile WWW

LAYIN DOWN THE LAW lol

Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:22 pm
Loner Princess

Please don't spam the rules post.

* Special Nature Doc *

Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:25 pm

I'm sorry, what was the update?

Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:17 pm
Leading King

'Tis in the Small Updates topic.

Image Image

Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:26 pm
Profile WWW

Shiro? What do you mean by trolling in the post?
(srry for being so ignorant...)

Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:45 am
Loner Princess

tl;dr: Trolling is difficult to explain, but tends to be people causing a scene just to get a (usually angry) reaction.

Wikipedia wrote:
In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.
Know Your Meme wrote:
Trolling refers to any behavior that is meant to intentionally anger or frustrate someone else. It is often associated with online discussions where users are subjected to offensive or superfluous posts and messages in order to provoke a response.

Trolling is kind of like an umbrella word for the other points: flaming, humiliating, harassing, insulting, and shaming. They pick fights just for the sake of upsetting people, while they couldn't care either way. They'll promote a fight or argument, though generally they don't actually care about what they are "defending" or "claiming" and just say what they say to get other people riled up. Kind of like a devil's advocate, but a lot more obnoxious. It's kind of hard to come up with examples...

Like if I wrote up an entire post on how Pokemon is stupid, everything is superior to Pokemon in every way, and the people who still enjoy Pokemon are children, and then I posted it in a Pokemon forum, you could say I was trolling. Posts by trolls aren't swayed by and tend to ignore the logic of responders. For example, if someone made a really good point, I'd probably still respond with some witty reaction like "Well, you're just a stupid little kid anyway."
Also, I might accuse someone else of being a "troll", just to make the poster upset.

* Special Nature Doc *

Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:25 am

Is posting text in a color that cannot be read easily considered a breaking of the rules around text readability, such as this.

Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:18 pm
Loner Princess

Yes, I personally believe so.
Having to highlight the text to read it is just the same as having to copy/paste or quote the message, in terms of making it "unreadable".

* Special Nature Doc *

Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:33 pm

Hi, sorry to bother but I have a question!

Myself and a few other people (counting to a total of 11 people, myself included) have decided to make a breeding shop in the Trade Requests forum. But, for aesthetical purposes, we would like to leave our signatures disabled, but that would mean we wouldn't show our parties and wouldn't get ad points. We would like to know if there would be a problem if we linked to all of the parties in one post, so that we'd still get ad points from whoever visited the thread, or if that's an impossibility.

Thanks for the help in advance! :)

Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:03 pm

you can just make another post on the same page with signatures enabled (though there wouldn't be enough room on one page), or have just your party in your own posts.
i'm pretty sure that it's always against the rules to display other users' parties in your posts or signature, though. D:

Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:11 pm
Leading King

holyknight wrote:
Hi, sorry to bother but I have a question!

Myself and a few other people (counting to a total of 11 people, myself included) have decided to make a breeding shop in the Trade Requests forum. But, for aesthetical purposes, we would like to leave our signatures disabled, but that would mean we wouldn't show our parties and wouldn't get ad points. We would like to know if there would be a problem if we linked to all of the parties in one post, so that we'd still get ad points from whoever visited the thread, or if that's an impossibility.

Thanks for the help in advance! :)

Sadly the only place in the forums where putting your party in your post is OK is the "view my party" thread. ): Sorry.

Image Image

Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:39 pm
Profile WWW

Aw, too bad. Thanks for clearing that out though /o/

Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:28 am

Wait--so would a link to the Lavender Town Green Beta theme song be illegal too? Like, not even the download link, just a tumblr post. I need mes some creepypasta too.

...Also, my avatar is OK, right? Kanda's not firing the gun or anything he's just... Maybe suspicious things to Allen, but... Well, let's leave that insinuation elsewhere.

Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:34 pm
Profile WWW
Leading King

Your avatar is absolutely fine.

I think it's okay as long as it's not a download link - people post links to YouTube, after all.

Image Image

Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:57 am
Profile WWW

I was wondering about the rule about not posting images in threads. Why is this not allowed? Even in the party thread. Do you get more points the more versions of your party viewed per page? So is it like getting two views for only one post and that's why it isn't allow?

Sat May 05, 2012 9:46 pm
Leading King

Keeps the forums clean and organized, prevents posts which are nothing but a party image, helps prevent people from adding other people's parties to their post etc etc.

Image Image

Sun May 06, 2012 7:22 am
Profile WWW

how do you get event items

Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:48 pm
Loner Princess

In the future, please post questions in the Help subforum!
Additionally, your question is incredibly vague. When you post in the help forum (Possibly in the "Where do I find ____ Item/Pokemon?" thread), you should elaborate on what "event items" you mean.

* Special Nature Doc *

Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:32 pm

Hello,

I couldn't find the answer to how many topics one can post. In the general Chatter forum, it seems to be a new topic daily? I was wondering about the number of topics we can make in the giveaway, trading, buying, etc. sections (that are not similar topics, of course).

I'm sorry if this is a bother :C

but thank you!

The Orphanage (Shop)
: a breeding stand

☼ Fast Food: Quick Sales ☼

Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next