It is currently Thu May 25, 2017 3:15 pm



Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
[IMPORTANT] Jan 18 2016 Database Crash - Info&Questions 
Author Message
Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:00 pm
Posts: 2759
Isn't it all numbers though? So shouldn't maxed ada make tou see even more shinies? Only downside is you reset ada a lot. But if you get shinies out of it quicker I really don't see the downside (unless you wanted the summon item).

_________________
Image
shop * (it's a laboratory).
Sporadic appearances. | | hanbei is da best
Image


Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:23 pm
Profile
Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:59 pm
Posts: 2778
In an earlier post in this topic Shiro had said that she wasn't sure but thinks with the way Ada currently works, she doesn't actually provide an increase compared to the current rate. I have no idea how Ada actually works so this is the extent of what I can say about it |D but yeah I wouldn't be against Ada still somehow improving the shiny rate...

_________________
Image
wishlist x journal

Buying: Shinies and Items!
(Offering Parcels/Items/Pokemon)


Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:34 pm
Profile
Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:00 pm
Posts: 2759
I thought ada was a multiplier (like gbp) but maybe it was a static increase instead.

_________________
Image
shop * (it's a laboratory).
Sporadic appearances. | | hanbei is da best
Image


Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:48 pm
Profile
Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:50 pm
Posts: 1447
Post 
I really enjoy the increased shiny rate. I mean, as of XY/ORAS the shiny rate has been halved entirely and it's much easier for people to shiny hunt for their favorite pokemon. It doesn't mean that you're going to be receiving shinies galore because of it, do you still have to work towards the goal and of course have rng be in your favor. Like, this week I only found one non-event shiny, but I know others have been able to find more and even retro shinies because of the increased rates. I have a love-hate relationship with rng lmao...

So in my opinion, leaving the shiny and retro rate the way it has been post-crash would be lovely! I don't have very much time to spend refreshing because I'm busy with school and work along with additional adult things like finding a place to live, applying for college scholarships, ect. and I know others appreciate the increased shiny rate too! c:

_________________

* Stay determined.
Image


Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:18 am
Profile
Member

Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:17 pm
Posts: 3006
Location: Australia, Australasia, Southern Hemisphere, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way, The Universe
I do like the increased rate! I don't think it needs to be changed back. It certainly makes hunting a bit more interesting. And I don't think it's too high considering I only spotted one non-event shiny in hours of hunting over the last week XD
Idk, I guess an argument against would be that it lowers the price of shinies/retros when many are already quite low? It's not such a bad thing with PD being a little hard to earn and so many things to collect though, because it helps non-shiny/retro collectors earn money, and shiny/retro collectors in their goal.
If anyone does have a better argument against it, it wouldn't need to be 1/2 the rate though right? Like it could be changed to 2/3 or 3/4 of the old rate.

_________________
Vdex-Image
Image-GPX+

ImageImageImageImage
Tumblr ✻ DevArt ✻ Twitter ✻ GA of D


Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:54 am
Profile
Leading King
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:27 pm
Posts: 19360
Location: SP, Brazil
I don't like polls unless it's for something like seeing which sprite or Pokémon people like most. I like discussions/seeing people's arguments in favor of or against something, because then you gain insight on things that you wouldn't otherwise have.

A poll would obviously be heavily in favor of keeping the increased rate. I just want to see what people's arguments against that could be.

_________________
Personal
Twitter
VDex
Twitter | Reversed Side A archive

Please, ask VDex gameplay questions in the help forum.


Spoiler: show
Image Image


Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:05 am
Profile WWW
Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:50 pm
Posts: 2231
Location: probably in a lab
I've been hunting for retro Suicune (and maybe eventually Raikou and Entei), and I love the better chance for retro monthly roamers, so I'm all for keeping the rates as they are. The increased shiny rate is great, too, but right now I'm especially appreciating the retro rates! /2cents

_________________
ImageImageImage
Image▪❂~✻▫Dragonair Doodles Journal▫✻~❂▪ ▪❂~✻▫Clarity's XY Sprites▫✻~❂▪Image

Image


Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:23 am
Profile WWW
Member

Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:17 pm
Posts: 3006
Location: Australia, Australasia, Southern Hemisphere, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way, The Universe
Clarity wrote:
I've been hunting for retro Suicune (and maybe eventually Raikou and Entei), and I love the better chance for retro monthly roamers, so I'm all for keeping the rates as they are.
Yeah, the rates are great for having roamers!


Do the rates affect the shiny/retro chance for legendaries found with summoning items?

_________________
Vdex-Image
Image-GPX+

ImageImageImageImage
Tumblr ✻ DevArt ✻ Twitter ✻ GA of D


Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:53 am
Profile
Leading King
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:27 pm
Posts: 19360
Location: SP, Brazil
nonight wrote:
Clarity wrote:
I've been hunting for retro Suicune (and maybe eventually Raikou and Entei), and I love the better chance for retro monthly roamers, so I'm all for keeping the rates as they are.
Yeah, the rates are great for having roamers!


Do the rates affect the shiny/retro chance for legendaries found with summoning items?


Yes.

_________________
Personal
Twitter
VDex
Twitter | Reversed Side A archive

Please, ask VDex gameplay questions in the help forum.


Spoiler: show
Image Image


Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:04 am
Profile WWW
Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:35 am
Posts: 1735
Location: France
Shirogane wrote:
nonight wrote:
Yeah, the rates are great for having roamers!


Do the rates affect the shiny/retro chance for legendaries found with summoning items?


Yes.


I have a question for this : When you say it affects legendaries, for shiny rate, it means that is the first is shiny (aka 1/4096) it'll always be shiny or did you change like for Ghostly event and they have their own chance to be shiny ?

Thanks !

_________________
Are you keeping up with the commodore ?
3000 Shiny caught : DONE
4000 Shiny caught : DONE
5000 Shiny caught : DONE
Buying BP in bulk | IRC
ImageImage


Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:39 am
Profile
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:36 am
Posts: 1980
Hi! First, thank you so much for all this additional work, Shiro ;-;.

I just have a question - has anyone reported "missing" pokemons?

I know it's probably impossible for me to track back anymore...
But I could have sworn I had a shiny 2nd-gen retro Mew (sparkle ball'd) and two non-shiny 3rd-gen retro Mews that I caught December 2015 (Only started using the maps because I finally got a GB player only then.)
Technically, I should have at least 3 HGSS Mew, one which is shiny (tradelocked). I had stray HGSS Mews from past years too, so it should be more than 3.
However, a search through my PC displayed only 2 being HGSS: 1 which is from 2012, and the other is Dec 2015, but both are non-shiny, and then I'm left wondering what happened to everything else, and I was wondering if anyone had missing pokemons too.

I figured it really adds to the hassle and I have no way to prove I owned any of the above, so it's more like "information"
rather than "request for being restored".

_________________
Image
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
once upon a december


Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:43 pm
Profile
Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:35 pm
Posts: 2197
Location: Belly of the Whale
I just want to say, having been on hiatus for YEARS AND YEARS now, I'm kind of suddenly back into Vdex again.
And I'm 100% in favor of keeping the boosted shiny/retro rate.

I'm not lying when I say I've caught three shiny Shroomish and I've STILL never even SEEN an Emerald one. :|

_________________
Call me what you will, but I stand only for justice!
-Lyude, Baten Kaitos


Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:00 pm
Profile
Leading King
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:27 pm
Posts: 19360
Location: SP, Brazil
Aligatueur wrote:
I have a question for this : When you say it affects legendaries, for shiny rate, it means that is the first is shiny (aka 1/4096) it'll always be shiny or did you change like for Ghostly event and they have their own chance to be shiny ? Thanks !


The chance of the first being shiny is boosted. It's the same as before, I didn't change anything - they just use the base shiny rate like everything else.

Yata wrote:
Hi! First, thank you so much for all this additional work, Shiro ;-;.

I just have a question - has anyone reported "missing" pokemons?

I know it's probably impossible for me to track back anymore...
But I could have sworn I had a shiny 2nd-gen retro Mew (sparkle ball'd) and two non-shiny 3rd-gen retro Mews that I caught December 2015 (Only started using the maps because I finally got a GB player only then.)
Technically, I should have at least 3 HGSS Mew, one which is shiny (tradelocked). I had stray HGSS Mews from past years too, so it should be more than 3.
However, a search through my PC displayed only 2 being HGSS: 1 which is from 2012, and the other is Dec 2015, but both are non-shiny, and then I'm left wondering what happened to everything else, and I was wondering if anyone had missing pokemons too.

I figured it really adds to the hassle and I have no way to prove I owned any of the above, so it's more like "information"
rather than "request for being restored".


No Pokémon were destroyed in the process, just sprite data lost.

I'll do a quick sweep of your account to see if I can find the missing ones.

Edit: Found two HGSS shinies:

http://vdexproject.net/poke.php?id=3406381 (this is the sparkle balled one)
http://vdexproject.net/poke.php?id=3406731

There are also 3 Yin/Yang Mew that still need to be restored (I just need to know their color):

http://vdexproject.net/poke.php?id=3284902
http://vdexproject.net/poke.php?id=3286127
http://vdexproject.net/poke.php?id=3288865

Lastly, 2 HG/SS Mew you caught that currently belong to someone else:

http://vdexproject.net/poke.php?id=1220937
http://vdexproject.net/poke.php?id=1220943

_________________
Personal
Twitter
VDex
Twitter | Reversed Side A archive

Please, ask VDex gameplay questions in the help forum.


Spoiler: show
Image Image


Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:02 pm
Profile WWW
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:36 am
Posts: 1980
Shirogane wrote:
Aligatueur wrote:
I have a question for this : When you say it affects legendaries, for shiny rate, it means that is the first is shiny (aka 1/4096) it'll always be shiny or did you change like for Ghostly event and they have their own chance to be shiny ? Thanks !


The chance of the first being shiny is boosted. It's the same as before, I didn't change anything - they just use the base shiny rate like everything else.

Yata wrote:
Hi! First, thank you so much for all this additional work, Shiro ;-;.

I just have a question - has anyone reported "missing" pokemons?

I know it's probably impossible for me to track back anymore...
But I could have sworn I had a shiny 2nd-gen retro Mew (sparkle ball'd) and two non-shiny 3rd-gen retro Mews that I caught December 2015 (Only started using the maps because I finally got a GB player only then.)
Technically, I should have at least 3 HGSS Mew, one which is shiny (tradelocked). I had stray HGSS Mews from past years too, so it should be more than 3.
However, a search through my PC displayed only 2 being HGSS: 1 which is from 2012, and the other is Dec 2015, but both are non-shiny, and then I'm left wondering what happened to everything else, and I was wondering if anyone had missing pokemons too.

I figured it really adds to the hassle and I have no way to prove I owned any of the above, so it's more like "information"
rather than "request for being restored".


No Pokémon were destroyed in the process, just sprite data lost.

I'll do a quick sweep of your account to see if I can find the missing ones.

Edit: Found two HGSS shinies:

http://vdexproject.net/poke.php?id=3406381 (this is the sparkle balled one)
http://vdexproject.net/poke.php?id=3406731

There are also 3 Yin/Yang Mew that still need to be restored (I just need to know their color):

http://vdexproject.net/poke.php?id=3284902
http://vdexproject.net/poke.php?id=3286127
http://vdexproject.net/poke.php?id=3288865

Lastly, 2 HG/SS Mew you caught that currently belong to someone else:

http://vdexproject.net/poke.php?id=1220937
http://vdexproject.net/poke.php?id=1220943

Thank you so much! I can't believe I looked over at least several times over for that sparkle-balled one.
Incredible. Sorry for the extra work. On the other hand, I don't ever remember catching a non-sparkle balled shiny mew.
Odd.

I also have this image:
http://zangoose.vdexproject.net/poke/ic ... afeons.png
that isn't showing ;v;

Thank you ;-; (I don't mind the ying/yang, so it's alright! Thanks!)

_________________
Image
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
once upon a december


Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:23 am
Profile
Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:35 pm
Posts: 3911
Location: photoshop
Just a question before I post some restoration requests:

I have several natured Pokemon that weren't restored, and I believe the reason that they weren't restored was because their special nature does not match that of the parent (example: http://vdexproject.net/poke.php?id=3176599) -- in this case, neither parent has the BLOCKS BO FOR 16 HOURS nature (though both are natured), and the Pokemon I've linked doesn't have any history of capsule application.

When the geneaology tool was up, however, I noticed that there were many siblings with the exact same nature (BLOCKS BO FOR 16 HOURS) with HGSS sprites as well, indicating that the pair had been used to breed BLOCKS BO FOR 16 HOURS natured sprites for quite some time. I believe that the original female natured parent had a mysterypotion applied to them, which caused this discrepancy between the parental nature and the nature of the child.

Would the existence of multiple siblings with the same nature on HGSS sprites and the paradox of the parents somehow being able to produce a child with a completely separate special nature be enough to warrant restoration, or is more proof needed to show that this Pokemon was bred from its retro parents?

_________________
Image
got my bad luck shoes and every excuse to dance these blues away
i ain't coming home, i ain't coming home

pm for contact details.


pure/a few dp items/events/natures for natures i'm missing


Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:43 pm
Profile
Leading King
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:27 pm
Posts: 19360
Location: SP, Brazil
atmospheres wrote:
Would the existence of multiple siblings with the same nature on HGSS sprites and the paradox of the parents somehow being able to produce a child with a completely separate special nature be enough to warrant restoration, or is more proof needed to show that this Pokemon was bred from its retro parents?


This would be enough proof as it signals the owner of the parent changed the parent's nature - and of course a special nature with no capsule usage means it had to be gotten some other way.

_________________
Personal
Twitter
VDex
Twitter | Reversed Side A archive

Please, ask VDex gameplay questions in the help forum.


Spoiler: show
Image Image


Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:22 pm
Profile WWW
Member

Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:18 am
Posts: 484
Do we still can use sprite swapper on our pokemon ? Because I tried on my pokemon but it didn't work

_________________
Image


Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:35 am
Profile
Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:00 pm
Posts: 2759
It only works on pokemon from before the crash that are hgss.

_________________
Image
shop * (it's a laboratory).
Sporadic appearances. | | hanbei is da best
Image


Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:28 am
Profile
Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:45 am
Posts: 7188
Location: Finland

    Hmm shouldn't I be able to use swap certification on this shiny Sunflora?
    Or am I just missing something really obvious? Because the certification worked
    on this shiny Seel which is "exactly" like the Sunflora.

_________________


Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:19 am
Profile WWW
Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:59 pm
Posts: 472
I'm not Shiro, but I think I can answer:


one of the conditions for eligibility is

"- It has never been traded (this includes trading it as an egg, before it was adopted by you, or before it was gifted to you)"

it may have been traded before it was gifted to you.

_________________
I... was Errovil in Glitch. you can call me Firo or Feers, if you want.
zis is mine. <3 I may communicate in English or Russian depending on your preference, but I only Russian in private.

ask for skype. twitter. flight rising.

pu-to-tyra


SHOPPU.

BUYTHREDDO.

Image


Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:59 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software for PTF.