It is currently Mon May 29, 2017 2:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
The Koch Brothers Vs. The Colombus Zoo 

http://www.nationaljournal.com/video/th ... o-20140514
http://thecolbertreport.cc.com/videos/j ... lumbus-zoo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULBa9jAwBlY

I am from Columbus Ohio, so this kind of irritated me >_>

The Columbus Zoo in Ohio needs money to keep going so they asked for a tax increase on the already small percent of property tax that already went towards the zoo at about .73% (about $23). The Koch Brothers spent a ton of money (as they usually do) influencing the voters. They made the Zoo heads to look like monsters who were out for your money. As usual, money won in politics. The excessive ads led to the loss of the potential funds.

Before I continue, I would like to point out that the Columbus Zoo would often give free tickets to lower income schools, had “Saturn Days” where anyone who drove a Saturn got in free (which was one of the more driven cars ), tons of freebies in the zoo, ect. They are a big part of the community there.

Of course I understand if the people didn’t want this to pass on their own, but the ads used did not give correct facts and made the zoo to look like monsters. They could have given the facts and maybe provided another way to raise funds, but no. What angers me most is that the money used to fund the campaign could have been used many times over to fund the zoo and make this all go away. And this isn’t even new to the Koch Brothers. They are dipping their money into as many local politics as they can find to get their way, proving once again that money rules in politics.

This is just my opinion...meh

Thu May 15, 2014 3:49 am
Profile WWW

Not surprised. The Koch Brothers are corrupt and greedy. They say many lies in their ads, most of which are targeted at Democrats. Btw, they spend billions on their ads.They will do anything to support the Republican party and their beliefs/platform. Anti-raising minimum wage, anti-women, anti-gay/lesbian/transgender, anti-black, anti-Hispanic, anti-abortion, climate change denial, anti-immigration reform, etc.

Thu May 15, 2014 8:42 am
Profile WWW

again, a fraction of the money they used to make all of those ads could have been donated to end the issue

Thu May 15, 2014 8:47 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]