It is currently Mon May 22, 2017 4:26 pm

Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
I can't believe Nintendo would allow this. 

Archaic wrote:
Pokemon are animals. Pokemon fight other Pokemon. Pokemon don't fight humans, and humans don't fight Pokemon. I'm confused as to how PETA finds this to be animal abuse. If the Pokemon doesn't want to fight, it won't—I've seen Pokemon who have refused to fight in episodes before (Charizard is the only one I can remember right now).

Also the latest being Excadrill in the Unova run(he refused to fight knowing that he would definitely lose). I haven't posted here because I maintain a neutral stand towards this game. As much as I lack understanding about PETA's extreme perceptions towards the franchise, I wouldn't say that it's completely 'bad' to talk about it here. Nintendo is willing to let PETA continue and not sue because they don't want to stoop to their level.

*STRETCHES OUT POLIWAG LEG FOR MILES*

"I don't know what you're talking about."

Sporadically active. If I post, it means I was asked to see something.

Sometimes, I sell natured Pokémon. Black market's good this time of year.

Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:58 pm

The thing is, especially in the anime, Pokemon always stresses the fact that Pokemon need to be treated nicely, and they try to make it very clear that they want to battle, most likely definitely to avoid accusations of animal abuse.
If you think about it, we all know that a lot of animals play-fight in real life, and Pokemon battling is like taking that to the next level. Plus if you imagine that they have extremely strong tolerance for pain and insensitive nerves, and the fact that their bodies are naturally made to faint when they get too hurt, then it really is fine, pain-wise. (Other than spoink, who actually dies... but that's another story...)

Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:38 pm

The thing about PETA is that, while their cause is good, their methods make people want to kill them. I honestly want to ask them if an adorable kitten, that has spent its entire life indoors, with reliable mealtimes and someone to take care of it when it gets hurt, that has no idea how to hunt, and has been declawed so it has no weapon to defend itself, deserves to be released to the wild, because their mentality is that all animals need to be in the wild.

ImageImageImageImageImage

Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:22 am

That's mean, don't put hate and fear into the carefree virtual realms of children. They don't even ever die in pokemon, they 'faint'. They should leave children alone for what is out of their control. Target the parents that control the groceries and income. PETA got me on vegetarianism for 2 years. I stopped because of illness and future careers difficulties and i honestly d respect a lot more where meat comes from and don't waste. I have no control over the groceries so if my mom didn't buy veggies for me or cook them then I had to make do. In the end my health proved that I needed to consume some meat, I'd try to get it as cruelty free as I could and none would be wasted (my dog loves that last part). I can say about 85% of my diet is non-meat and that's good enough for me for now.

Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:09 pm

I saw this a while ago, and I pretty much shook my head in disappointment. I can see how people can justify that Pokémon can sort of relate to fighting animals, but it's a children's game. Children shouldn't be seeing stuff like that, especially when there's gore and drug use and stuff?? Making a minigame about a children-focused franchise makes it look like you're targeting children, when PETA should be targeting older age groups for their cause. A pretty horrible parody in my opinion.

Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:54 am

I love how PETA is against the exploitation and abuse of animals, yet they themselves use videos of abused and beaten animals as the main thing to hold up their image.

I collect ponies. I then set them on fire. We all need our fix.

Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:55 am

to think PETA would go this low, to using a CHILDRENS' game

Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:51 am

i can't really say i'm surprised. peta is a downright awful and morally bankrupt company. it's possible they're just acting up to get attention since more and more people are realising how crazy they are and staying away.

(sorry, i've been really against peta for years and could complain endlessly about them.)

Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:06 am

(sorry, double post... is there a way to delete these i can't remember...?)

Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:06 am

I find it entertaining, and here's why.

PETA is just looking for negative attention, they're trying to be the next Westboro Baptist Church. As we can see from this forum, literally EVERYONE has described it as wrong. Aside from that, if you've ever watched a Pokemon Movie, you'll see how big of advocates they.. well.. Almost everyone is in the pokemon world for the protection of pokemanz. Nintendo has done a lot to steer clear from the path of being accused of animal abuse because they don't want that, and they're not trying to put that into children's heads, so why would they? If I was PETA, I would start a campaign about how PETA is attempting to traumatize children, and persecute them til the end of my days.

I collect ponies. I then set them on fire. We all need our fix.

Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:26 am

Its funny cause I remember when they first released this and everyone was all "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

but they are trying to get people AWARE of the severity of animal abuse.

Yet we all have the same reaction to change the channel when sarah comes on or jar of pickles because they made a game that shows you animal abuse but with fictional characters.

and in the end we forget about it and live our lives while countless animals are being kicked, skinned, tortured and worse.

they are just trying to spread awareness in hopes some SOME will be like "oh Blast, lets stop that."

just.
no.

I also play AC:NL

Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:27 pm
Profile WWW

Luna Rebane wrote:
but they are trying to get people AWARE of the severity of animal abuse.

Luna Rebane wrote:
...and in the end we forget about it and live our lives while countless animals are being kicked, skinned, tortured and worse.

they are just trying to spread awareness in hopes some SOME will be like "oh Blast, lets stop that."

You're either a troll or dense. The very people you're championing are doing the exact same thing you're saying they're spreading awareness about. PETA kills perfectly healthy animals, primarily cats and dogs, in their care by the thousands (95.9% of dogs and cats in their care, as stated previously by WyndiWingfall (viewtopic.php?f=32&t=37267#p2165624). Their philosophy is that humans should have no interaction with animals. It's like a child breaking a toy while saying, "If I can't have it, no one can".

You want to stop animal abuse? We can cut a substantial amount of it if we euthanize PETA before they euthanize another animal.

Image Image

Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:42 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3