It is currently Tue May 23, 2017 3:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
What's YOUR flavor? 

i just deleted my original post because it no longer applies but i need to put in something and i wish the best to everyone else on this thread
and i need to stop stalking everything i see

Last edited by starbit on Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:19 pm

My name is: seven
My sexuality is: .......panromantic demisexual? ahhah... ha (i know, i know: speshul snowflake award!!! but nothing else really seems to fit as well as that does)
I discovered this at the age of: 17-19ish? it was a bit of a road oops
I am currently: 19
Have you came out to parents/guardians/other family? yep, in the way that both my parents and my sister know that i like girls too
How did they react? my sister and my dad both don't care, but my mom was like 'are you sure you're not just doing that because it's easier?' (because being queer is easy, mother; i assume she was talking about getting dates or w/e even if i don't really care about dating pbbhhtbh) and said 'i don't know' when i asked her if she was okay with it. the kicker is is that she's big into pro-gay rights and whatnot.
Do your friends know? yep!!
What were their reactions? ahahha only like... one of my friends is totally straight, so.
How do you handle negative reactions? i don't really make my sexuality public irl so it's not really something people know anyway?? the thing with my mom really frustrated and upset me but i think she's a little more accepting of it now that's had time.
My religion is: agnostic
Has your religion caused issues for your sexuality? nope
If so, how did/do you handle it?
Has your sexuality caused suicidal thoughts/attempts/etc? not my sexuality, no

Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:50 am

My name is: pikkon
My sexuality is: aromantic asexual
I discovered this at the age of: 17 or so. (or more accurately that was when I found a term I felt was appropriate.)
I am currently: (your age) 23
Have you came out to parents/guardians/other family? yes
How did they react? no one believes me.
Do your friends know? yes
What were their reactions? about the same. I think people are skeptical of asexuality in general. especially when the person in question is very young.
How do you handle negative reactions? I don't care. I am doing what makes me happy.
My religion is: Secular Humanism currently.
Has your religion caused issues for your sexuality? No, and when I was a christian I was still fine with it. The be fruitful and multiply thing seems to bother other people more than it does me.
Has your sexuality caused suicidal thoughts/attempts/etc? No.

Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:44 pm

My name is: beck!
My sexuality is: i like dudes!! i guess this makes me heterosexual but when i was in my teen years i struggled a lot with identifying as 100 percent female. im just now realizing my dislike of my gender was from outside sources and not really how i truly felt, so im trying to accept and be comfortable with myself i suppose?
I discovered this at the age of: 5, i had a crush on my friend, he gave me my first kiss because i let him skip me in the lunch line he he (◡‿◡✿) our relationship never went any further than that though...i dont even know if he liked me or even remembers me now, it was so long ago, oh well
I am currently: 21
Have you came out to parents/guardians/other family? not really much of a need? lol. i was afraid to date, had some intimacy problems, thats about it
How did they react? ^
Do your friends know? ^
What were their reactions? most of my friends are...kissless virgins. when i got a boyfriend, this put them off, and now they don't...really talk to me anymore. still. after 4 years. which sucks but if they cant deal then what am i supposed to do? break up with him because they dont feel comfortable? that they cant see him as a person and not just my significant other? w/e
How do you handle negative reactions? ^
My religion is: agnostic
Has your religion caused issues for your sexuality? noo
If so, how did/do you handle it? ~
Has your sexuality caused suicidal thoughts/attempts/etc? i did have some troubles, lots of unwarranted self hatred between 14-18 from what i thought was being born the wrong way but that isnt the case, just other people being really ignorant and terrible and me not being mature enough to get things, but i grew up a little and now i'm trying to be comfortable with femininity ヽ(*・ω・)ノ

i know my replies sound weird but i dont want to go too into depth due to the site being pg-13 and personal stuff (^ω^) sexuality is a colourful thing, huh!

i lose threads/my posts easily.

Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:50 am

vouix wrote:
I guess I'll do this?

My name is: Chany!
My sexuality is: Pansexual. pretty much homosexual!
I discovered this at the age of: 11 or so after pondering for awhile, figured out at 15/16!
I am currently: 17.
Have you came out to parents/guardians/other family? No. Yes!
How did they react? N/A Happy!
Do your friends know? Some.
What were their reactions? They're perfectly okay with it! Some of my friends are also lgbtq+ so it's all good (´・ω・`)
How do you handle negative reactions? I've never dealt with a negative reaction before so I wouldn't know. I'd most likely become upset about it and (ineffectively) attempt to support myself and why they should mind their own about my sexuality and choices.
My religion is: Agnostic.
Has your religion caused issues for your sexuality? I come from a Roman Catholic family, so that's where the problem occurs. Not with my own beliefs.
If so, how did/do you handle it? I don't. I keep quiet.
Has your sexuality caused suicidal thoughts/attempts/etc? Nope! I love being me and I'm comfortable with my sexuality. And my friends/community are just as accepting. The only time it calms harm is when I develop feelings for someone who isn't into the same gender.

I'm very happy to admit that I finally managed to come out to my mum yesterday night! I am finally out in front of one of my parents and that's all that matters.
♥(ノ´∀`)

I wish the best to those who decide the time is right and announce how they feel.

Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:33 pm
Profile WWW

My name is: Stardrop
    My sexuality is: needs to be explained a little, oops. I'm panromantic homosexual. I don't mind being in a relationship with a person whether they identify as male, female, transgendererd, non-gendered or genderblur, but I won't have sex with someone that doesn't identify as female.
    I discovered this at the age of: around 16, but I realized the name of it late last year.
    I am currently: 22
    Have you came out to parents/guardians/other family? Hah, nope.
    How did they react? I know that my dad would tell me that I ~need another boyfriend~ and that my stepmom would be like wait what. My aunts and uncles would probably gather to tell me that I haven't met the right man.
    Do your friends know? Most of them, yes.
    What were their reactions? They're...okay with it? None of them have had a negative reaction to it, really.
    How do you handle negative reactions? I pretty much just ignore it, but my dad's insensitive and often anti-gay statements bother me immensely. Then again, he's still mad that Romney lost, so I don't really listen to what he says anyway.
    My religion is: Norse Pagan.
    Has your religion caused issues for your sexuality? Nope! The Norse gods don't really give many honks about who you bed with, from what I've read from various sources.
    If so, how did/do you handle it? It didn't, so I haven't.
    Has your sexuality caused suicidal thoughts/attempts/etc? Nope. Many other things have, however.

tumblr twitter last.fmsig art credit

Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:58 pm
Profile WWW

this may be about ten pages too late, but might i suggest adding gender identity/pronouns to the form?
it'd be useful w/r/t learning people's pronouns and also because "i like guys" has varying implications depending on the speaker's gender and i am nosy

Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:53 pm

SHPN wrote:
this may be about ten pages too late, but might i suggest adding gender identity/pronouns to the form?
it'd be useful w/r/t learning people's pronouns and also because "i like guys" has varying implications depending on the speaker's gender and i am nosy

I second this
Sometimes it's quite confusing when you don't know the posters gender

Click Here for my Wishlist!
ImageImage

Famously's Pinkan Index

Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:19 am

My name is: Emma
My sexuality is: Panromantic Asexual! (Also I am a cisgirl, for those wondering about gender.)
I discovered this at the age of: ...About twenty or so?
Have you came out to parents/guardians/other family? Yep!
How did they react? My parents pretty much went 'oh okay that's nice' and ditto my granny on my mother's side. (I know my granddad and my dad's parents wouldn't get it at all, so I haven't bothered telling them.)
Do your friends know? Friends, ha, what are those
How do you handle negative reactions? I haven't really had any? But I would probably tell them to get stuffed.
My religion is: Agnostic
Has your religion caused issues for your sexuality? Nope~
Has your sexuality caused suicidal thoughts/attempts/etc? No, I'm really comfortable with it! I was just so happy to finally know that how I felt had a name and I wasn't just that weirdo who doesn't want a boyfriend.

Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:30 am

SHPN wrote:

hmm I did that on purpose though? like it doesn't matter what I am, I just like dudes :awyeah:

i lose threads/my posts easily.

Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:54 am

But...that doesn't quite follow through? You're saying you like dudes, thus giving them a gender label, but you're saying your own gender label doesn't matter?

find me:
tumblr | aywas | steam: stormhover

ImageImage

Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:31 pm
Profile WWW

WyndiWingfall wrote:
But...that doesn't quite follow through? You're saying you like dudes, thus giving them a gender label, but you're saying your own gender label doesn't matter?

Wyndi's got a point there.

Me? I'm...kinda...weird myself. I've put a spoiler here because I don't want to make anyone uncomfortable with my musings.

Spoiler: show
I should start by saying that I'm a furry, and I'm a male by birth. I don't have a suit or anything, but I enjoy furries of both genders, tfs, ftm, mtf, transvestites, the whole bit. People with a male "human" appearance I normally don't feel attracted to, at least not in person. Over the Internet, things change a bit. I've found that I enjoy, ahem, males or people who identify themselves as males on the Internet...

Recently I've been able to find a really wonderful guy who lives a few states away from me. We met on a gaming website, found out we were furries, and things really got going from there. Now, I've seen pictures of him in real life, and while a few years ago I wouldn't have found him attractive, something just clicked with me. He's not hyper-masculine, just an average build, a bit chubby, that kinda thing, but...I just feel like we were meant to be together. I do. I really do.

I'm 25 years old, he's 38, so yes, there's an age difference. But I love him. Even though I'm bisexual and he's gay, it works.

Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:42 am

My name is: Crystal.
My sexuality is: Aromatic asexual.
I discovered this at the age of: 13.
I am currently: (your age) 16.
Have you came out to parents/guardians/other family? In a way, I haven't said it bluntly, but they know I'm not interested in anyone and that I don't plan to marry or have kids.
How did they react? Eh, they think it's a phase. My mom is more accepting of it, but my dad is doubtful that I'm actually uninterested.
Do your friends know? Yep.
What were their reactions? Some of them pitied me, some were indifferent.
How do you handle negative reactions? I try and communicate to them that being asexual isn't a bad thing or something you should be pitied for. Society romanticizes romantic love too drastically, making people think it's necessary.
My religion is: None.
Has your religion caused issues for your sexuality? Considering I don't have one... No.
If so, how did/do you handle it? Still none.
Has your sexuality caused suicidal thoughts/attempts/etc? No.

Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:46 am

^^^EDIT: Aaah, Crystal. I didn't notice your post when I went on my mega-rant. What are the odds of us both posting in a row, hmm?

My sexuality is: ASEXUAL (and aromantic)
I discovered this at the age of: 13
I am currently: 23
Have you came out to parents/guardians/other family? After the first couple of tries, I completely gave up on trying to explain sexual people such a mind-screweing concept that they apparantly cannot even fathom. It just upsets me and makes me frustrated with their close-minded ignorance; and it upsets me even more that every LGBT+ person I have ever met, minus another lovely asexual woman, doesn't get it either.
How did they react? Rudely.
Do your friends know? Kind of. I just don't bother anymore, like I said.

Can we talk about asexuality? I don't want to hear anything about how it's "not real", as that is just as ignorant and bigoted as people who claim that bisexuality, or any other sexuality is not real. Any identification is real, and it is incredibly rude to challenge the realness of someone's sexuality when they work up the courage to come out to you. This has happened every time I have come out to people--they either laugh in my face, tell me "that's not possible", or completely disrespect anything I've said on the matter. LGBT people, as well.

I'm not prude, I'm not abstinent, I don't particularly want or don't want to be a virgin because romance and sex is literally the last thing on my mind. It's not instinctive for me, nor does it take priority over anything else. I have NO capacity within me to romantically love another person, or get sexually involved with them. This doesn't mean that I'm an immoral sociopath who does whatever they want--I love making friends, and my friends are the most important thing in my life. I will never be and have never been attracted to anyone romantically or sexually. I'm not lonely and sad about this at all, as people seem to think, I'm more than satisfied. I am just as fulfilled as any romantic person in a committed relationship.

Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:56 pm

you're all so flavorful^^

Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:56 pm
Profile WWW

/preach, Pent!

My name is: Lily
My sexuality is: grey-hetero-lithromantic repulsed asexual (borderline aromantic; I think there's a tiny little part of me that's capable of the slightest romantic attraction towards some guys, but if the feeling seems to be reciprocated, I lose all interest)
I discovered this at the age of: ~14?
I am currently: 20
Have you came out to parents/guardians/other family? I brought it up to my mother and sister a few times, as they're baffled by how "abnormal" I am for not wanting a boyfriend...
How did they react? They immediately chalked it up to me ~~~just not having found the right person yet~~~, because I'm ~~~too young to know what love really is anyway~~~...
Do your friends know? no
What were their reactions? I'm guessing it'd probably be a mix of puzzlement/pity, which is the reaction I get when people find out I'm a virgin/never had a boyfriend... XD;
How do you handle negative reactions? True negative reactions wouldn't faze me; I'm way too sure of myself! But I hate negative reactions that are founded in ignorance... in those cases, I try to explain calmly and rationally, but that almost never works, so it usually ends up with me thinking "welp, as long as they insist on remaining close-minded, of course that's how they'll think" and leaving it at that... :<
My religion is: none (apatheist masquerading as a radical atheist)
Has your religion caused issues for your sexuality? nope
If so, how did/do you handle it? \(^w^)/
Has your sexuality caused suicidal thoughts/attempts/etc? Not at all; not even close! :>

Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:16 pm
Profile WWW

there is a book called oathblood where one of the main characters is asexual. it is really good if you like fantasy

Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:45 pm

Stardrop wrote:
    My name is: Stardrop
    My sexuality is: needs to be explained a little, oops. I'm panromantic homosexual. I don't mind being in a relationship with a person whether they identify as male, female, transgendererd, non-gendered or genderblur, but I won't have sex with someone that doesn't identify as female.
    I discovered this at the age of: around 16, but I realized the name of it late last year.
    Have you came out to parents/guardians/other family? Hah, nope.
    How did they react? I know that my dad would tell me that I ~need another boyfriend~ and that my stepmom would be like wait what. My aunts and uncles would probably gather to tell me that I haven't met the right man.
    Do your friends know? Most of them, yes.
    What were their reactions? They're...okay with it? None of them have had a negative reaction to it, really.
    How do you handle negative reactions? I pretty much just ignore it, but my dad's insensitive and often anti-gay statements bother me immensely. Then again, he's still mad that Romney lost, so I don't really listen to what he says anyway.
    My religion is: Norse Pagan.
    Has your religion caused issues for your sexuality? Nope! The Norse gods don't really give many honks about who you bed with, from what I've read from various sources.
    If so, how did/do you handle it? It didn't, so I haven't.
    Has your sexuality caused suicidal thoughts/attempts/etc? Nope. Many other things have, however.

Welp, I came out to my parents a couple weeks ago. My dad didn't have a positive reaction just like I expected, but my stepmom said that she was going to support me through all my life decisions. I think my dad's come to accept it more, since sometimes he'll see a girl or whatever and ask me if I think she's pretty lol

tumblr twitter last.fmsig art credit

Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:56 pm
Profile WWW

Congrats, Star! :'D

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Image Image Image Image

Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:54 pm

My name is: tenthcompanion
My sexuality is: Bisexual... I think
I discovered this at the age of: mid teens? Honestly I'm still figuring it out. I've always been attracted to guys but I've also always said that if a girl asked me out I might not say no. Recently I've been thinking about it more and I still have no idea. Probably doesn't help that I've never been in a relationship before so I don't have much to go on.
I am currently: 21
Have you came out to parents/guardians/other family? Nope
How did they react? Haven't told them since I'm still working it out. I know my parents would be cool though.
Do your friends know? One of them does.
What were their reactions? She's cool with it. She sort of gets my confusion b/c she went through the same thing before she came out.
How do you handle negative reactions? Only one person knows about this and she reacted well. So I can't really say.
My religion is: Atheist
Has your religion caused issues for your sexuality? Nope
If so, how did/do you handle it? N/A
Has your sexuality caused suicidal thoughts/attempts/etc? No

Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next