It is currently Thu May 25, 2017 12:01 am

Reply to topic  [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
What's YOUR flavor? 

My name is: Tara
My sexuality is: polysexual
I discovered this at the age of: 14
I am currently: 25
Have you came out to parents/guardians/other family? Yes
How did they react? They believe that I'm lying to be cool...
Do your friends know? Yes
What were their reactions? Indifference
How do you handle negative reactions? I tell the bigots that someday their kind won't exist anymore.
My religion is: Antitheist
Has your religion caused issues for your sexuality? No
If so, how did/do you handle it? n/a
Has your sexuality caused suicidal thoughts/attempts/etc? Nope

Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:04 pm

My name is: Piia
My sexuality is: Bisexual
I discovered this at the age of: 14 I think
I am currently: (your age) 19 (turning 20 this summer)
Have you came out to parents/guardians/other family? No...
Do your friends know? Some of them do, some of them don't.
What were their reactions? It was ok for them, but I guess it's because most of them are bi/gay themselves.. :D
How do you handle negative reactions? I don't really get any. At least so far I haven't. But I guess I'd just ignore them.
My religion is: Christian
Has your religion caused issues for your sexuality? Yes
If so, how did/do you handle it? Some time ago it was bothering me a lot (and it still does sometimes). I know many people label christians as homophobics etc. and that's the thing that has been bothering me the most, not really if I'm going to hell because of my sexuality or not. I know that being bi/gay/anything is okay and I'm fine with it, even though I haven't come completely out of the closet yet. (But that's just because I'm really damn insecure.)
(+ I feel really lonely with this sometimes, because all my friends that are gay or bi are atheists, I don't know anyone else christian who would be like that and it's a bit sad sometimes. :/)
Has your sexuality caused suicidal thoughts/attempts/etc? Not really

Wed May 08, 2013 5:00 am

My name is:
My sexuality is: Homo-romantic asexual, probably.

Problem is I don't know where I'd draw the line when it comes to physical contact with other people.
I'm more than willing to do intimate stuff like cuddle and hold hands, but I don't really desire the whole shebang.

I usually just identify as gay because if I meet someone who is sexual I'd have no problem going all the way..
...probably.

I am currently: 21
Have you came out to parents/guardians/other family? No
How do you handle negative reactions? Haven't had any yet...But I think I'd try to show them a different perspective or explain to them why their opinion is nothing more than just that.
My religion is: I was born into a Christian family but I now identify as Pagan.
Has your religion caused issues for your sexuality? No but I think certain family members who are Christian might disprove.
Has your sexuality caused suicidal thoughts/attempts/etc? Not really...

Sat May 25, 2013 2:44 am
Profile WWW

My name is:
Camille
My sexuality is:
Asexual Homoromantic
I discovered this at the age of:
Always for the liking girls. Drew the line at kisses on the cheek/cuddling this year. Uncomfortable even thinking of going much further than that.
I am currently:
16 (I know, still very young)
Have you came out to parents/guardians/other family?
Pretty much just mom about asexuality. Not gonna tell her about my girlfriend until I'm out of the house and safe from my verbally abusive father.
How did they react?
Mom could really care less, it's dad I'm scared of
Do your friends know?
Close ones, yes. For the others... Yeah I'm dating this dude named Nick from Arizona! (and my dude name is Jonah of all things and I'm from Ohio... Totally.)
What were their reactions?
The ones I knew I could trust were all bi, actually, so they were completely fine with it
How do you handle negative reactions?
Just hide the fact that I think differently (not much else you can do if you're at a strict Christian school where I could be kicked out for saying something that "out of line")
My religion is:
Christian
Has your religion caused issues for your sexuality?
Not with me personally, I know God loves me how I am. But the people around me think I'm a problem.
If so, how did/do you handle it?
Hiding in my corner...
Has your sexuality caused suicidal thoughts/attempts/etc?
Not it technically... But I used to wish that I was "normal" and bashed myself for not being so. It's more my depression/previous girlfriend's suicide that has caused my attempts

I know. I sound a teensy bit like a weak rambling depressed idiot... And that is more or less what I am

Wed May 29, 2013 10:07 pm

My name is: Vlad

My sexuality is: Bi-curious.

I discovered this at the age of: Thought of myself completely straight until the last few months.

I am currently: 20

Have you came out to parents/guardians/other family?: Not planning to.

How did they react?

Do your friends know?: Only my girlfriend.

What were their reactions? : She thought of it exciting.

How do you handle negative reactions? : I'm not planning to brandish it.

My religion is: atheist.

Has your religion caused issues for your sexuality?: : )

If so, how did/do you handle it?: I lived through it, yes.

Has your sexuality caused suicidal thoughts/attempts/etc?: No.

Fri May 31, 2013 7:29 pm

My name is: Sam

My sexuality is: Homosexual

I discovered this at the age of: 11/12

I am currently: 18 (19 in about 3-4 months)

Have you came out to parents/guardians/other family? In a way, yes, but not directly "I am gay" they sorta.. found out.. I think. I didn't directly tell them though, or maybe I did and I can't remember

How did they react? They were a little.. uneasy about things at first. Both of them being "How do you know if you even are." It's a touchy subject, one where I still need to explore myself, let alone my parents getting involved. I don't need them trying to tell me who I am and who I can can/'t be attracted to.

Do your friends know? Yes

What were their reactions? They were cool with it. I got a fair amount of crap from other people (I was 15) for perhaps a couple of days.. confronted them and they stopped so.. yeah.

How do you handle negative reactions? I don't get involved. Some people claimed that while during sports that I would stare at them while they were getting changed. Someone told me once he was saying that he wouldn't even get changed within 2 areas of me because he was scared "I would r*pe him", which he said during a maths class. People actually stuck up for me, people I don't talk to or even communicate with, even the teacher. (Note: This was around when I came out, it's been 3 years and these people have. So I just choose to ignore it. People who said things don't know me as a person and who I am as a person, sexuality put aside. I don't see the point in trying to stop the talk.. it happens. People judge regardless. I just like to not let it bother me and just continue being who I am as a person. Over time they'll see that what they said is completely false and realise that I'm just a regular person with a difference being in what physically and sexually attracts me.

My religion is: Agnostic

Has your religion caused issues for your sexuality? Not at all.

If so, how did/do you handle it?

Has your sexuality caused suicidal thoughts/attempts/etc? Not at all

(Asterisked said word because I'm not too sure if it's allowed to say the full word, so being safe!)

Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:33 pm

My name is: Vi/L.K./Whatever the heck you want to call me
My sexuality is: Heterosexual
I discovered this at the age of: Six I had the biggest fetching crush on my best friend XD
I am currently: 23
Have you came out to parents/guardians/other family? N/A
How did they react? N/A
Do your friends know? N/A
What were their reactions? N/A
How do you handle negative reactions? Really, the only negative reactions I receive come from when people learn of my religion, or when I tell stories of when I was in elementary school. Both of which are far and few between. Long story short, I was consistently bullied as a kid because I cut off my hair at the age of six, and my classmates would call me a "lesbian" right up through high school. Of course, I didn't know what that meant as a first grader. I just thought it was a way to make fun of a girl who didn't like to play with dolls or wear dresses, and I came to think that maybe there was something wrong with me. I even had a psychiatrist at the hospital who told me I was a boy in a girl's body. So, I guess you could loosely say that I had gender identity issues as a little kid, but I'm confident I made the right decision for me.

As for my religion, people sometimes become upset upon learning about my beliefs because, I think, a lot of them don't necessarily understand just what it is I believe and why. I fully support what we refer to in my church as "free agency," which is that everyone on this earth has a God-given right to freedom of choice. I've had a good deal of friends with various beliefs and sexualities, and my policy has always been that we treat one another as people rather than "gay" or "straight" or anything else, and that we shouldn't talk in-depth about my religion or about their choices unless both parties can communicate peacefully. Truth be told, I believe one way, and many people believe another, and I can't say that bothers me.
My religion is: LDS (AKA "Mormon")
Has your religion caused issues for your sexuality? No
If so, how did/do you handle it? N/A
Has your sexuality caused suicidal thoughts/attempts/etc? I wouldn't call my thoughts "suicidal," but I used to think, straight through middle school, in fact, that maybe the world would be better off without me.

Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:29 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11