It is currently Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:22 pm

Reply to topic  [ 207 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
What's YOUR flavor? 

...okay, so I am talking sexuality. Due to it being a mature and touchy subject, it isn't allowed to be a club for this sort of thing but it can be discussed here. This is just a thread for people to share their stories, their sexuality, give advice/ask for advice, etc.

Personally, I am pan-sexual. It is a sexuality closest to bi-sexual but with twists.
Pan means all. As in, someone who is pan could be happy with a male, female,
transvestite, hermaphrodite, mtf, ftm....just...anything. <3<3
Another thing that I'd like to discuss in this thread is sex changes. Some people are born not feeling right as a male or female and I think it is wonderful that they actually have options. In my case, I have so many interests and confusions with both spectrums that I may undergo gender altering surgery to become intersex.

NOTE: Hetero-sexual people are welcome here too! Whether stepping in to give support or to tell stories OF support. NO BASHING, THOUGH! Sexuality DOES NOT determine whether someone is a good person or not. However, you can share your opinions.

Anyway. Here is a few questions that I would like to be answered, but (obviously) you don't have to.

Code:
[b]My name is:[/b]
[b]My sexuality is:[/b]
[b]I discovered this at the age of:[/b]
[b]I am currently:[/b] (your age)
[b]Have you came out to parents/guardians/other family?[/b]
[b]How did they react?[/b]
[b]Do your friends know?[/b]
[b]What were their reactions?[/b]
[b]How do you handle negative reactions?[/b]
[b]My religion is:[/b]
[b]Has your religion caused issues for your sexuality?[/b]
[b]If so, how did/do you handle it?[/b]
[b]Has your sexuality caused suicidal thoughts/attempts/etc?[/b]

My answers:
My name is: Eli
My sexuality is: Pan-sexual
I discovered this at the age of: Honestly, when I was eight.
I am currently: Eighteen.
Have you came out to parents/guardians/other family? Indirectly.
How did they react? They were very disappointed. They have always bashed my non-straight friends and made it clear early on that I "wasn't allowed to be anything other than hetero". My grandmother still insists that I am only going through a phase and that she can help me get on the right path. Otherwise, "I will burn in hell for all eternity"
Do your friends know? Yes.
What were their reactions? They accepted me as I am.
How do you handle negative reactions? Argue logical points.
My religion is: Agnostic.
Has your religion caused issues for your sexuality? Yes, when I was christian.
If so, how did/do you handle it? It wasn't long after that I converted.
Has your sexuality caused suicidal thoughts/attempts/etc? No. I've always been proud of my sexuality~[/color]

Last edited by Shadow Faerie on Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:52 pm

Then you do know that 'hermaphrodite' is considered outdated and offensive by the queer community at large, right?

lj

Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:57 pm
Profile WWW

How is outdated or offensive? I have always been surrounded by a queer community and have spoke much of this and not once have I offended anyone. Finding offense in someone who wants to have that kind of surgery is just as bad if not as worse than being against the hetero community. (And in my opinion it would also be a bit hypocritical)

:.If hello would only drop its "o" and
would stay in your front door's way~.:

Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:01 pm

Because it has historically been used to marginalize and mock intersex people??

I also never said anything about disapproving of the surgery you seek, just the language you used. I also think the 'hetero community' can take a few angry queers being against them, either way.

lj

Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:06 pm
Profile WWW

I think the accepted term now is intersex.

ETA: derp self way to read, already said, etc

miss u xo

Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:11 pm
Profile WWW

Ignore this.

Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:31 pm

I wasn't implying that you disapproved, just stated my opinions on what you said. Either way...I am definitely not trying to mock intersex people in any way.

Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:34 pm
Leading King

Hermaphrodite is considered inappropriate (for humans) because it dehumanizes people by drawing focus to the genitals (source). Like antihero and Feli have pointed out, intersex is considered a more humanizing term and is most widely accepted. Whether or not you mean to use the word 'hermaphrodite' in a pejorative way, it can't hurt to adapt your vocabulary and edit the first post.

(Although it's worth pointing out that there is controversy within the intersex community about people who wish to get surgery to have both sets of genitals appropriating the term, so I'm not sure using the term intersex to refer to the type of surgery you'd like to have would be entirely appropriate. I don't know enough on the subject to be much help in this regard.)

Twitter | Reversed Side A archive

Please, ask VDex gameplay questions in the help forum.

Spoiler: show
Image Image

Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:59 am
Profile WWW

I don't see why I should have to change my vocabulary. That's...just the term for someone who has both sets of sexual organs. Okay, so maybe I do understand. And I also don't see how it could bring attention to the genitals more than any other gender altering surgery. But I am also not arguing with you since you were simply giving opinions from the source. Yet at the same time I, in a way, see where you are coming from.

I guess I am unsure anyway. As a female, I am less attracted to males...but I feel like if I underwent a sex change to become a complete male, I would be attracted to males more than females. I just feel that if I was 'intersex' I'd be balanced out. Does that make any sense?

Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:25 am

My name is: Atsuaki
My sexuality is: Bi-curious (As in I lean towards women but I'm curious about guys)
I discovered this at the age of: I don't know... I've always been attracted to females more.
I am currently: (your age) 18
Have you came out to parents/guardians/other family? Yeah o-o she doesn't mind.
How did they react? Answered above
Do your friends know? Yeah.
What were their reactions? They were fine with it, honestly.
How do you handle negative reactions? -Shrug- people have opinions, I don't let them get to me.
My religion is: Atheist.
Has your religion caused issues for your sexuality? No.
If so, how did/do you handle it? ^
Has your sexuality caused suicidal thoughts/attempts/etc? No.

Sorry that I wasn't helpful.
I consider myself transgendered (Adjective: Identified with a gender other than the biological one.), I identify myself as a male... I really don't feel like a girl, and if it wasn't so expensive, yes I would change my sex.

Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:32 am
Leading King

Over the years I've taken to adapting my vocabulary even when I don't fully understand why I should (sometimes only initially, sometimes always). Sometimes just by force of repetition in some situations a word takes on a pejorative connotation to those it's being directed at. The "n word" was originally just a neutral term to refer to black people (possibly deriving from Spanish/Portuguese 'negro') but over the years it's taken on a heavily offensive connotation and is one of the most well known racial slurs these days.

Image Image

Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:50 am
Profile WWW

You do understand how sex change ops work, right? And that FTM stuff hasn't made as many advances as MTF stuff?

To my knowledge, you're not, um... adding anything during a sex change op! You only modify what is there already. So, I'm not sure surgery to make someone intersex exists, at least in the states. Considering how transgender people have to go through a zillion hoops to get SRS as it is (a diagnosis, being on hormones and passing for a certain amount of time - a year I think - and lots of stuff that basically ends up feeling like an elaborate rat race of humiliation by the time you're done, plus how much the operation costs), I'm not sure where someone who says "I'd like both" fits into the picture, even if such a thing were possible.

Here's my ~form~ I guess.

My name is: Red
My sexuality is: Bicurious, which is kind of silly because there isn't really anything curious about it. I am predominantly attracted to men, but given the right person, I think I could enjoy a relationship with a woman both physically and mentally.
I discovered this at the age of: idk. I've been identifying as bi since I was 12 but only in the past few years have I explored that and realized what that meant for me??
I am currently: 18.
Have you came out to parents/guardians/other family? Uh huh.
How did they react? they don't care vOv
Do your friends know? Yup
What were their reactions? ... they don't care vOv
How do you handle negative reactions? I guess I don't broadcast it to people, but uhhh if you really care that much about the daunting possibility of me sticking my tongue down a lady's throat at some point, well, you should find something more important to fuss about. Like the violent oppression, brainwashing and starvation of North Korea's people! That is a good one.
My religion is: I believe in (a) god(dess), maybe. But, probably agnostic would be better.
Has your religion caused issues for your sexuality? She probably don't care vOv
If so, how did/do you handle it?
Has your sexuality caused suicidal thoughts/attempts/etc? I am blessed to have everyone I know be OK with the daunting possibility of me sticking my throat down a lady's tongue at some point, plus I never went through public school, so I haven't had much grief over it.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

Last edited by Red Jester on Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:19 am
Profile WWW
Leading King

I actually did a little bit of research, but found only information on a surgery for male-bodied individuals, in which case the added organs would not be functional or sensitive as they would be in complete transitioning (because as Red Jester said there would be no altering what's already there and thus nerve endings would not be affected). I assume that for female-bodied individuals the procedure would yield the same results, strictly aesthetic organs. I'm not sure if such a surgery actually happened, mind, just relaying what I looked up online - it could just be a surgeon's idle speculation re: how to go about doing this, were such a thing possible.

Image Image

Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:23 am
Profile WWW
Vice-Leader Prince

/more lurks before internet disappears again

My name is: V.S.
My sexuality is: Bisexual (Probably an 80/20 split with preference for women.)
I discovered this at the age of: Actively, around thirteen. In... effect, at age eight.
I am currently: Twenty-one.
Have you came out to parents/guardians/other family? Yep!
How did they react? They assumed it means 50/50 split and were devastatingly disappointed when I dated a woman. Seems I will continue to disappoint themmmmm. :x
Do your friends know? Darn right they do.
What were their reactions? One friend and I went our separate ways for three years, but otherwise everyone shrugged and carried on.
How do you handle negative reactions? I don't. People can think whatever they want about me--I don't care. I am myself and I am powerfully invested in it. I get more offended when people talk about bisexuality as though it doesn't exist than when someone tries to tell me I'm something I'm not. I do correct people if they mistake me for a lesbian, though.
My religion is: Agnostic.
Has your religion caused issues for your sexuality? Oh yes, oodles. I apologise, that's horrible, no, it hasn't.
If so, how did/do you handle it? See: negative reactions. I am at home with me.
Has your sexuality caused suicidal thoughts/attempts/etc? No, not in particular.

I think this conversation may prove to be interesting, and I will participate when I am regularly online again. I have... quite a few issues with queer culture.

Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:15 am
Profile WWW

My name is: ...shpn
My sexuality is: gay! totally gay.
I discovered this at the age of: er, 12? around then, at least. i haven't had a crush on a girl since i was eight, certainly.
I am currently: high-school-age
Have you came out to parents/guardians/other family? ...no :B
How did they react?
Do your friends know? some, yep
What were their reactions? "...okay, that would explain a lot."
How do you handle negative reactions? ignore them mostly? i don't really give a crap.
My religion is: atheism
Has your religion caused issues for your sexuality? nope
If so, how did/do you handle it?
Has your sexuality caused suicidal thoughts/attempts/etc? goodness no

yaay, not contributing to discussion!

Last edited by SHPN on Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:22 am

SHPN wrote:
What were their reactions? "...okay, that would explain a lot."

I'm sorry, I giggled :) not a bad thing! :p

meeting you was fate, becoming your friend was a choice, but falling in love with you was beyond my control

Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:28 am

@ The surgery issue:
Deep down I have known that this surgery is just something that isn't happening, but have had strong hopes about it. I posted once in another thread about "Transgender and gender reassignment surgery" and someone made a valid point. Even if such surgery were completely possible, finding a surgeon who would actually do it would be damn near impossible. Even though I don't agree with the reason why;

failbulous wrote:
That said, I imagine it would be extremely difficult to find a doctor willing to perform such a surgery. The medical profession as a whole seems not to much like to do things to people that will make them fit less into what society deems "normal", even if the person in question is the one who is asking for it and really wants it. Which kind of sucks. I think people should be able to do whatever the hell they want with their own bodies.

The point is valid, but it shouldn't be up to the doctor. If a woman came in wanting a breast reduction or an extreme implant, the doctor wouldn't be able to say "No miss, I can't do this because you may be deemed un-normal in society"

Either way, on to something else. I just don't see what my future may bring now that I'm getting closer to realizing that this dream will never come true. I know that I wouldn't feel right being 100% male, yet I don't feel right being 100% female. Okay, so maybe I would. I think that if I did get a sex change that I would fully lean towards guys which just seems weird to me since I have so many interests in girls at this point. I've visited both sides of the spectrum. Even as young as I am, I have been in a committed relationship with a male for a full year, and I've been in a committed (okay..not so committed) relationship with a female. sadfgdfgdgd;;; So...confused. But speaking of relationships, give some personal opinions here, but I'd like explanations. What is your opinion on someone being in a relationship with both a male and a female at the same time? Personally, I find it wrong. It is still cheating. It can still hurt someone very much. Now...I suppose it would be okay if everyone in the relationship(s) knew, but otherwise, no. If someone in the relationship find out and wants their S.O to break it off with the other person, I think that S.O has no right to defend themselves just because it's the same gender.

ANYWAY
@ Atsuaki: ~<3 Whee for being the first to fill it out. I really find it interesting (and I definitely respect!) the fact that you consider yourself transgendered. I guess in a way I consider myself intersex in the way that you identify yourself...just...not in a physical form yet.

@ Red Jester:
I suppose that I do need to be more knowledged, but yes, I did know that FTM has had as many advancements. I guess because it doesn't appear to be as popular? Either way.. (xD) I've never really fit into the picture, so who knows...maybe one day I will find a doctor with amazing abilities, but with the way you worded it, it seems like a bit of a hassle. Okay, a big hassle.
Thanks for filling out the form~ And I'm glad that friends usually don't make that big of a deal out of it. A while back I was a bit baffled when my best friend gave a poor reaction to me wanting to become intersex. He started out as being "bi" then after we dated for five months, he came out as gay. He was always picked on by the hetero community and I always stood up for him, yet when I told him I wanted the surgery, it totally weirded him out and he totally disapproved. I just found it weird that even my hetero friends were behind me with it.

@VSSAKJ:
Nya~ Thanks to you as well! And hope everything gets sorted out in your life, soon (internet or whatever may be going on)
And I stand with you when it comes to correcting people. My grandmother thought it was okay to call over here (at my best friend's house where I live) and tell her mother that I thought I am a lesbian. My grandmother was the first to know and I have went over it a thousand times of how I am not completely gay. I also stand with you on the negative reactions in most part. I only start arguing logical parts if they get too offensive or if they actually want to carry on a humane conversation.

@ SHPN: *high five* Woo~ Go avoiding the topic. YOU MUST DISCUSS IT NAO! Okay, kidding. Thanks for filling out the form and I hope you don't find offense in the fact that I giggled as well. My parents always had a hunch about me, but never accepted it. Were yours okay with it, at least?

Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:47 am

bluh i don't think they know? because i am not good at like. awkward stuff. and it hasn't really come up.

Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:57 am

SHPN wrote:
bluh i don't think they know? because i am not good at like. awkward stuff. and it hasn't really come up.

Ohhhhh...sorry! I was reading the reaction your friends gave. My bad~

Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:03 pm

I guess...?
It's hard to explain really why I feel more like a male than a female, but I guess it is noticeable to a degree.
Most people I meet from this website (on msn) or on that dollars anon chat, always seem so surprised when I tell them that I'm actually biologically a girl.

There is one main problem I have though... and this may seem stupid to many of you, but apart from how expensive it is -- what puts me off getting a sex change is ... I'm content with my look, I simply want to be biologically male because I feel like I've been placed in the wrong body. But from what I heard (and correct me if I'm wrong), to undergo the surgery, they also give you growth hormones? which would help you to grow one, but it also makes you uh ... hairy? or I guess that nicer term would be 'manly'. I don't want that.

Does that make sense to you people? ;-;

Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:21 pm
Reply to topic   [ 207 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next