It is currently Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:37 pm



Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Plunder and Pokémon: Mansion of Mystery [D1 10:00] 
Author Message
Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:35 pm
Posts: 3911
Location: photoshop
Image

"Oh?" Aurelius said. She reclined onto the forest floor and looked at Corinth with curiosity in her eyes. This had to have been the most Corinth had said about himself in the whole six hours or so that she had known him, and it was fascinating, to say the least. So he lived near some caves... Huh. She nodded in approval with his plans to investigate the human settlement, and stretched out a bit; she was feeling a bit tired, and it might do a bit of good to relax before continuing on their way...

Aurelius smiled a bit when she noticed that Corinth had finally landed; for all the eccentricities that the tiny bird seemed to exhibit, it appeared that he, like everyone else, got tired at some point. "Finally landed, huh?" she said in an almost playful manner, before noting his hesitant look towards the berries and his slightly awkward landing. His stammering voice as he inquired about the berries was kind of adorable in a way, much more than his previous uptight nature. Still, though, she wondered whether or not sharing was a familiar topic for him, given his response...

"Uh, of course you can have them. We're travelling together, aren't we?" Aurelius said, cocking her head. "I'm pretty sure we'll find some more berries and other food along the way, and trust me, I'm not that hungry that I'd eat the entire branch. What do you think I am, a Snorlax?" She smiled. "But if you're not hungry, then one of us can carry the branch with us the rest of the way, just in case we need some food. How does that sound?"

_________________
Image
got my bad luck shoes and every excuse to dance these blues away
i ain't coming home, i ain't coming home

pm for contact details.


pure/a few dp items/events/natures for natures i'm missing


Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:35 pm
Profile
Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 7:30 pm
Posts: 3373
Location: Fremont
Image
Of course she noticed. It wasn't exactly hard to miss the fact that this was the first time he'd landed since he left the rock a few hours ago, and his stamina was starting to run low, but that, at least, seemed true of the Arcanine as well. They needed to rest, and a semi-open clearing like this one, where approaching figures will be either visible among the greenery or audible through the bushes, seemed as good as any. With that thought, Corinth approached the Oran berries Aurelius had found. "T-thanks, for letting me have one," he mumbled, a little stiffly as he carefully used a talon and his beak to separate one berry from the branch, hopping backwards a step before setting it on the ground and looking up again. "All I need is one to last me about a day or two," he added, a little too quickly, "But I can help carry the branch if we have any extras too, unless we find some safer way to store it." He would make himself as useful as possible, given the current circumstances. Corinth figured, from Aurelius' slightly teasing tone, that he probably came off as a bit ridiculous about this whole thing, especially given the Arcanine's own generosity regarding what constituted 'appropriate things to do in an alliance', but it was better this than risking offending someone so much larger, and doubtlessly more powerful, than he was.

He took a bite out of the berry, feeling a bit relieved to have a source of sustenance. "The sun will come up soon," he said after a pause, "And then heading near human territory won't be quite as dangerous." At any rate, he'll be able to see better. He did know there were more diurnal humans than nocturnal ones, given the traffic of people going through Victory Road, but getting jumped by even one human in the night could prove disastrous to either their freedom, well-being, or (most likely) both. Corinth looked up at the jutting branch out of a nearby brush, having grown thicker and taller than the rest, before turning back towards his partner. "You can rest a bit," he said, "I'll keep a lookout until we're ready to get going." Grasping the rest of his berry in his talons, he flitted up to the branch, surveying the area from his new vantage. He could see a path not too far away, with a man-made sign erected on the roadside, leading in roughly the same direction the Growlithe had gone before. That might save them some aimless wandering in hostile territory later on. He turned his head, making use of the gradually brightening surroundings to see whether there was anything else of note.


((rolling for an item or something useful! *o* I figure I should make use of Cor's potential actions before he starts feeling too guilty for being a freeloader in this alliance ahaha))

_________________
Image

Image

Art credit: huiro [Deino] || Kiyoko [Lucius]


Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:26 am
Profile
Manly Princess
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:00 am
Posts: 7869
Location: Thailand
Action Log wrote:
Poni investigated the campsite!
    Poni rolled a 16 for event outcome.
    Poni found a bar of Milk Chocolate!

Image

It's a little bit out of shape from being squished while melted, but otherwise, still good!


CHOICE: AVOID THE NOISE AND THE CAVE AND INVESTIGATE THE CAMPSITE

Upon venturing closer to the campsite you notice that it is pretty bare bones. You see a Pokeball on the ground by one of the tents. It gives a little wriggle.

Image

    FYI: this is just an event that occurs if you interact with the campsite in anyway o/

Action Log wrote:
Corinth investigated the area!
    Corinth rolled a 4 for event occurrence.
    Corinth rolled a 10 for event outcome.
    Corinth noticed some footprints.

There are humanoid footprints along the path. The route indicated by the sign has seen a lot of human activity. Right now, probably due to the early hours, there is no one in your visual or hearing range.

_________________
Image
art by yoshimitsu

[monthly parcel giveaway]
[shop] [buying] [journal] [natures] [wishlist]

Image
Image

Please PM me for urgent matters.


Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:08 pm
Profile WWW
Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:50 pm
Posts: 1443
((oh my goodness, i've been so overwhelmed with school that i forgot all about this thread and vdex completely! sorry about that, i'll be replying ASAP!! ;_; ))

_________________

* Stay determined.
Image


Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:33 pm
Profile
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:17 pm
Posts: 4545
Location: up a tree
Image
    Dipper inspected the Pokeball carefully, circling around it and lightly tapping the side with her tail. As the ball wriggled more and more, Dipper thought harder. Should she dare to press the button? After a long ponder, she decided to consult the Poliwag instead. "What do you wanna do with this?" She gestured to the ball once again with her tail. After she had asked, Dipper realised that her companion would just want to play with the thing, but it was too late to go back on her word now.

    ((sorry it's been a couple days since i've posted, been super busy with school ;-; it should improve though!))

_________________
Image

breeding | auction | giveaway | journal | wishlist


Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:15 am
Profile
Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:17 am
Posts: 11897
Location: K-Liar Game hell
Poni lifted the chocolate bar with her tail, letting it slide down before using her belly to bounce it but catching it with her tail. Her Slowpoke friend had found a shaking Pokéball and she waddled over, balancing the bar on her tail before circling the ball cautiously. "Mommy says these things are baaaaad things," the Poliwag stated ominously, but as the ball shook with the touch of her Slowpoke friend's nudging, she grew curious. "What if something's inside?" ventured the small tadpole at last, her curiosity getting the better of her as she put her chocolate bar down (not that she knew what it was, but an item was an item) before lightly batting the release button on the Pokéball with her tail.

_________________
"You're so dramatic, dracoon."

*STRETCHES OUT POLIWAG LEG FOR MILES*

"I don't know what you're talking about."

Sporadically active. If I post, it means I was asked to see something.

Sometimes, I sell natured Pokémon. Black market's good this time of year.

Image


Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:21 am
Profile
Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:35 pm
Posts: 3911
Location: photoshop
Aurelius blinked. "Sure, if that's what you want to do," she replied as she rolled the branch over to Corinth. She stretched again and watched the bird eat the berry with far less apprehension than she had expected from him. Upon hearing his plans for the remainder of the day, she nodded in agreement and decided to take the time to rest a bit. After all, it had been a long night...

She wasn't exactly sure what to think of Corinth, she thought as she lay on the ground and attempted to nap, eyes fluttering between open and closed. In a way, she understood a bit of why he might act that way - after all, some of her contemporaries on the plains weren't exactly as charitable or prone to negotiation and treaties as she was. She had been protected in her youth by the sheer fact that her species was one to congregate in packs, and therefore that meant an uncle's, or a cousin's, or someone's eyes to look out for you. At the same time, she couldn't help but wonder if something had happened to him to make him so tense... She figured it was better not to ask.

A few hours had passed and the sun had started to rise now, streaks of sunlight spreading their way across the forest floor. Stretching her body, Aurelius pulled herself into an upright position and turned her head to look at Corinth, opening her mouth to let a yawn escape. It wasn't a nap, but it was enough of a ... rest, she concluded.

"Let's head down the path now," she said, her voice stifling another yawn.


((We're off to see the humans, the wonderful world of humans (?)))

_________________
Image
got my bad luck shoes and every excuse to dance these blues away
i ain't coming home, i ain't coming home

pm for contact details.


pure/a few dp items/events/natures for natures i'm missing


Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:02 am
Profile
Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 7:30 pm
Posts: 3373
Location: Fremont
Image
The bird kept vigilance though the last hours before dawn, gaze alternating between the path, the wooded area around them, and the larger Pokemon dozing below. Nothing seemed much out of the ordinary; while it meant he hadn't found anything of use, perhaps no news was good news in this situation as well. He'd rather spend a boring night than have to face off against something out to attack him. Or, well... them. He looked back down at Aurelius, his wings fluffing out in an unconscious gesture of relaxation. For some reason he couldn't exactly put into words, she made him feel safer than he should logically feel in the presence of a Pokemon that was nearly twice as large as your average Fraxure. It wasn't just the generosity either - Corinth grimaced as he recalled one particularly sweet-talking Heatmor that had nearly gotten him eaten by a gigantic colony of Durant. No, Aurelius wasn't the only Pokemon that had ever shown him some measure of generosity in his life. It was the way she did it; nothing forced, nothing that possibly rang any alarm bells in his mind, as though helping out other Pokemon, sharing resources without setting a slew of conditions, was just the way she was used to living. Like she was used to true alliances, lifelong friendships, or something similar to that... She was lucky, he thought.

Then again, so was he. A Pokemon so large could easily spend her life bullying others into submission, using strength and size to back up her words in a way he couldn't hope to do. That the one large Pokemon that had found him on this unfamiliar territory ended up being altruistic was a blessing he should keep well in mind. His luck could turn at any moment, and it wouldn't do to grow complacent about every danger in the world just because he had one strong ally.

He was jolted out of his thoughts by Aurelius' words, the accompanying yawn nearly threatening to elicit one from himself as well. He forced it down. Another day without sleep shouldn't be any issue, as long as he didn't have to fly the whole way. 'Friendship' wouldn't do a thing to stave off disaster if both of them stopped paying full attention to their surroundings at the same time, after all. Instead, he turned his head towards the path, scanning down towards the horizon. "I don't know about heading directly down the path," he said, "We'd be immediately visible to any human that happened to come from the opposite direction. Not that staying in the tall grass doesn't hold its own risks..." He gave both routes a long look before turning back towards the Arcanine. "It just depends on what type of enemy we'd be more confident to either outrun or overpower, should we come across any."


((probably more like terrifying world of team rocket but yes o/))

_________________
Image

Image

Art credit: huiro [Deino] || Kiyoko [Lucius]


Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:21 pm
Profile
Manly Princess
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:00 am
Posts: 7869
Location: Thailand
Time Log wrote:
Day: 1
Time: 08:00
Place: ???
Characters: All
Event: Washed Ashore, Part 5 [Main Story]

The sun is starting to rise from the feeling of the faint warmth in the area or seeing the dim light that peeks over the horizon.

It has been a long night, but your adventure has just begun.

CHOICE: STAY AT THE BEACH (or if you didn't decide to do anything)

The crate remains on the shore untouched. The tide has left it here, for now, but in time it will take it back.

There is a crate washed ashore that is still here. What will you do with it?

    Nothing has happened here since no one has done anything here.

CHOICE: APPROACH THE HUMAN SETTLEMENT

You choose to make your way towards the human settlement. An hour or so of walking at a comfortable pace brings you to the outskirts of the town.

Before going in, you decide to take in the sights.

The road into town is dirt, surrounded by short grass as opposed to paved stone. The town is relatively small and has only a few large buildings.

The two largest buildings in town are located in the center, with a red roof and a blue roof. A third building, sandwiched in the middle and slightly dwarfed by the two, is nondescript save for two growlithe statues in the front.

Further out are smaller buildings, that tend to cluster together. Despite being a human settlement, the number of people out and about could be counted on one paw, or talon. As for the number of people inside the buildings, you can not say.


You have reached the human settlement. What will you do next?


CHOICE: OPEN THE POKEBALL

A Cubone popped out!

It looked around surprised, then immediately burst into tears. Very. Loud. Tears.

That could be a problem...


A Cubone is crying (very loudly). What will you do next?

    Hey guys, everyone who has been inactive these past few days (aka not made a post at all) have one more chance left. If anyone who is inactive does so again this week, I'm afraid I'll have to remove them from my quest.
    FYI: If you miss posting a few times (as long as it's not in a row) I don't mind. I know people have things going on IRL, but I do need people to do /something/. Even if you don't have time to write up a full post and just put "[CHARACTER] does [ACTION]" that is better than nothing.

_________________
Image
art by yoshimitsu

[monthly parcel giveaway]
[shop] [buying] [journal] [natures] [wishlist]

Image
Image

Please PM me for urgent matters.


Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:40 am
Profile WWW
Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 7:30 pm
Posts: 3373
Location: Fremont
Image
They had compromised by choosing to stick close to the edge of the path, keeping a sharp eye out for any approaching humans. Corinth flew just high enough for his talons to scrape gently against the tall grass if he stretched them - it was a height that allowed him to react appropriately to any approaching threats, by either ascending to evade wild predators or descending to take cover from human eyes. It seemed he didn't have much to worry about, though; their way into town was blissfully free of obstructions, and as the sun began to cast its golden glow over his surroundings, Corinth could feel his spirits lift in spite of himself. All this greenery was, frankly, amazing to a Pokemon who was used to seeing nothing much but dirt, rocks, dead trees and the occasional yellowing plant. Even as he told himself to keep his eyes on the path to watch for potential danger, he couldn't help but shift his gaze around periodically, taking in everything new and exciting around him.

This good mood, however, evaporated almost immediately the moment they reached the edge of the human town, replaced by a much more appropriate sense of apprehension. "So this is what they live in..." Corinth muttered to himself, letting out a slow breath as he landed. These were different from both the League building and the big building that had risen up behind it, but everyone knew that the League building was special even by human standards, and the other one... he really shouldn't think about that now. He instinctively flinched as he saw one human rounding a corner, a little too close for comfort. Corinth turned to the Arcanine beside him. "I'm... actually starting to feel like heading into enemy territory is a bad idea, Aurelius," he confessed, fear starting to creep into his normally calm tone. Mainly, he hadn't actually expected to see humans out and about - and more than one, too, he noted from the activity around the farther buildings. He swallowed hard before continuing. "Surely you know what's at stake here if we get caught by one of those- those humans? They could do all manner of terrible things to us..."

_________________
Image

Image

Art credit: huiro [Deino] || Kiyoko [Lucius]


Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:04 am
Profile
Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:17 am
Posts: 11897
Location: K-Liar Game hell
Poni was startled by the Ball bursting open. As the Cubone began to bawl, so did the terrified Poliwag, trying to calm herself as she wiggled on the ground with her feet in the air in a feeble attempt to right herself. She was finally able to roll over, giving a look of subtle betrayal at the now-abandoned Pokéball as she finally managed to calm herself down. She waddled over and gave the Cubone a nudge, trying to give it an armless hug the only way she knew how. Her Damp ability would absorb all the tear up anyway.

_________________
"You're so dramatic, dracoon."

*STRETCHES OUT POLIWAG LEG FOR MILES*

"I don't know what you're talking about."

Sporadically active. If I post, it means I was asked to see something.

Sometimes, I sell natured Pokémon. Black market's good this time of year.

Image


Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:15 am
Profile
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:17 pm
Posts: 4545
Location: up a tree
Image
    Dipper flinched at the sound of the Cubone's and Poliwag's wails, but was still thankful for the tadpole's attempts to calm it down. She gave the Cubone a sympathetic pat on the head with her tail, and asked, "Are you alright? What's wrong?"

_________________
Image

breeding | auction | giveaway | journal | wishlist


Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:57 pm
Profile
Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:35 pm
Posts: 3911
Location: photoshop
((SORRY FOR THE LATE REPLY Friday was really busy ;_;))

Image

Aurelius swallowed a bit as she stared into the human settlement; while Corinth seemed to have some kind of idea about what humans were generally like, given his demeanour, this was a whole new world for her. The only things she had known about humans were that they entered her species' territory every so often, checking on things and making sure everything was alright, but she had never been so close to ... whatever these tall structures were. Her contemporaries had told her that the humans in her territory were never really the bad kind, for the most part, but Corinth's use of the word 'enemy' put her on edge.

"I..." Her voice trailed off. She wasn't exactly sure what to say or do; this was an unfamiliar situation for her and she didn't even know where to begin in the settlement. And yet... She could sense the fear in Corinth's voice. At least she had to give off the air of confidence for him.

Her eyes trailed towards the building with the Growlithes at the front. Perhaps this was the 'police station' that the Growlithe they had met spoke of? At least in there they might see a familiar face...

"I think we should go into the building with the Growlithes in front," she said, tilting her head towards that building. "At least if that Growlithe we saw is in there, we can get a bit more information..."

_________________
Image
got my bad luck shoes and every excuse to dance these blues away
i ain't coming home, i ain't coming home

pm for contact details.


pure/a few dp items/events/natures for natures i'm missing


Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:38 am
Profile
Manly Princess
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:00 am
Posts: 7869
Location: Thailand
CHOICE: APPROACH THE HUMAN SETTLEMENT

As you ponder your choices, you keep an eye on the town.

A Chansey walks out of the building with a red roof, beside a pink-haired human, with a Pidgey in her arms. You watch as Chansey walks with the human to the outskirts of town and holds her arms out. The Pidgey flies up in the air, nodding in thanks before flying out into the wilds again.


CHOICE: OPEN THE POKEBALL

Cubone's cries subside and it turns to look at you.

"You don't look like bad Pokemon. The bad Pokemon and people took me away from my mommy... I don't know where she is. Do you know where she is?"

Cubone looks at you both with large, hopeful eyes.


    SORRY FOR THE AWFUL WRITING HERE I feel really ill at the moment idk why orz
    I'll be writing up the next main event post in about 12-14 hours or so! (Basically after I get back home from classes)

_________________
Image
art by yoshimitsu

[monthly parcel giveaway]
[shop] [buying] [journal] [natures] [wishlist]

Image
Image

Please PM me for urgent matters.


Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:08 pm
Profile WWW
Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 7:30 pm
Posts: 3373
Location: Fremont
Image
Having been too focused on the presence of humans to notice the details of the buildings, Corinth's eyes now followed the indicated direction to see that the busts were, indeed, in the shape of the 'Growlithe' that they had met earlier. She was right, of course. If they wanted information about both their whereabouts and situation - and he certainly did - then they would need to talk to someone who was likely to hold it; in a human town, it would necessarily be a Pokemon that was in close proximity to the humans, and therefore likely a brainwashed one. He was about to respond when his train of thought was interrupted by another human emerging from a building, and he took a small step back, pressing his wings close around him and shrinking against their backdrop of tall grass. It was a pink-haired human with two Pokemon, neither species of which he immediately recognized.

He stared silently after them as they headed towards the edge of the town, but couldn't stop himself from clicking his beak in anger as the bird took off. The human must be using it for some purpose - sending a message over a distance ground-bound species couldn't reach, perhaps, or as a scout for something. With something about the 'R-wearing men' happening nearby, he wouldn't rule out the latter, but seeing a fellow bird Pokemon being subjected to a human, even if it seemed happy and not one of the abused ones, still inspired a terror from deep within him that he couldn't quite shake. Even if they had to go in to get the information they wanted, they absolutely couldn't be caught.

"...Alright," he nodded very slowly without shifting his gaze off the human and the Pokemon still next to her. They didn't seem to be noticing this direction, so he continued, "We'll head for that building, then, and see if we can locate the Growlithe we met earlier without attracting undue attention. I'll be going by air, of course. At the first sign of danger,
run immediately." Corinth paused for a moment. Normally, as far as planning goes, he'd leave it at that, but after Aurelius had treated him with such unsolicited generosity, surely his words might come off as cold, overly pragmatic... too self-serving? He'd rarely had to worry about things like this in Victory Road, and his last ally hadn't been the only ally he'd ever flown out on. But he had to at least repay her kindness, and immediate betrayal, or even just the unspoken possibility of it, was certainly not the way. Corinth turned his eyes towards her for a fraction of a second in an attempt to show his sincerity. "...But if you do get attacked, I'll cover you. I won't leave you here and just fly away." He wasn't sure whether it sounded like a good enough promise for the other Pokemon, or if it still sounded cold, but it would have to do for now.

"Let's go." He flapped his wings, taking to a height that would hopefully keep him out of danger's immediate clutches, and set off for the roof of their destination.

_________________
Image

Image

Art credit: huiro [Deino] || Kiyoko [Lucius]


Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:53 pm
Profile
Manly Princess
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:00 am
Posts: 7869
Location: Thailand
Time Log wrote:
Day: 1
Time: 10:00
Place: ???
Characters: All
Event: Washed Ashore, Part 6 [Main Story]

The sun is now higher in the sky, though it is burning brightly, it is still not too hot. Specks of clouds dot the otherwise clear skies.


CHOICE: ENTER THE POLICE STATION

You manage to approach the building with the growlithe statues unscathed. There were some glances, but no one seemed to take much notice of you two. As you reach the entrance of the building...

A small Growlithe barrels towards you!


Action Log wrote:
A Growlithe is charging at you!
    Corinth dodges the attack by default, due to not being on the ground in the first place.
    Aurelius takes a hit! It's not very effective... This growlithe is pretty puny...

You end up stopping the little growlithe in its tracks. It looks at you guys, eyes wide with awe.

"Woah. DUDE!!! Who are you guys? You're so big! Wow I've never seen a Pokemon like you before-" He is interrupted by a stern bark from the door.

The Growlithe from before jogs out towards the smaller one and lets out a sigh of relief. "Son, what have I told you about minding your manners?" He glances at you somewhat embarrassed. "My apologies. My trainer Officer Jenny is busy at the moment, but I'll try to help you however I can. Shall we head inside?"


You have possibly found help. What will you do next?

CHOICE: CONSOLE THE CUBONE

You hear some distant rustling and the sound of human voices.

"What was that noise?"

"I don't know."

"Hey, aren't you suppose to be watching camp?"

"No, YOU were suppose to be watching camp."

"Boss clearly said, 'Grunt, you take first watch.'"

"Yeah, he meant you."

"You're also a Grunt!"

"..."

"....."

"Well, you better hope nothing has happened, or boss is going to tan our hides."

The noises are getting closer and closer... The Cubone clutches it's bone tightly and looks ready to burst out crying again. Uh oh.


Some unknown entities are approaching. What will you do next?

    Okay, I'm sorry but LightMoonBeam and Lucina are going to be removed from the quest due to inactivity. As a result, I will be removing an aspect of the story which has been left hanging
    After this post I will start updating the front page, which I have been neglecting!

    Edit: First post should be up-to-date. Feel free to call out any mistakes I've made!
    I have also updated prizes. I'm pretty sure this is going to be final, since there are now only 4 people playing so I can afford to give everyone something nice o/

_________________
Image
art by yoshimitsu

[monthly parcel giveaway]
[shop] [buying] [journal] [natures] [wishlist]

Image
Image

Please PM me for urgent matters.


Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:35 am
Profile WWW
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:17 pm
Posts: 4545
Location: up a tree
Image
    Hearing the approaching voices put Dipper on edge. Fearing the worst, she immediately corralled the Cubone and Poliwag with her tail and brought them into a nearby bush. "Glad there's a canopy here, huh? Keeps us dark, and quiiiiet." Dipper was completely unaware of her loud volume, believing herself to be quite clever and sneaky. Whoops!

    ((honestly hoping to get caught just to stir things up a lil haha))

_________________
Image

breeding | auction | giveaway | journal | wishlist


Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:59 pm
Profile
Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:35 pm
Posts: 3911
Location: photoshop
Image

As they approached the Growlithe statues, Aurelius felt something run into her legs and recoiled back a bit, her balance thrown off a bit. Looking around for whatever had rammed itself into her body, she noticed a little Growlithe at her feet. Smiling at his comments - there was a time when she was the same size as that little pup - her ears straightened as she heard a bark from the door. Aurelius turned her head to see the Growlithe from earlier and sighed a sigh of relief, though she held back a chuckle, noting the other Pokemon's embarrassment.

Hearing the Growlithe addressing her caused her quiet chuckle to disappear, and she found herself glancing at Corinth (and envying him a little for being able to avoid flying Growlithe pups in the air) and at the Growlithe several times.

"I, uh..." She paused. Corinth had sworn that he wouldn't at least bail at her if anything went south, and this was their first real chance to gather some form of information. What those strange structures were, why that pidgey was released, who these R wearing men were, what this place even was... At least, by gathering information, they could figure out something. Even if they were in an unfamiliar place and time, the Growlithe seemed helpful enough... Certainly not dangerous. In these times, Aurelius mused, it was better to make friends and not enemies. Extending out the olive branch to Corinth had worked well enough; why not this Growlithe?

"Yes," she said, as she followed the Growlithe inside the strange building. As they walked, she looked at the Growlithe with a confused look on her face.

"But... where are we anyways? And what were those ... places earlier? One was red and one was blue..."

_________________
Image
got my bad luck shoes and every excuse to dance these blues away
i ain't coming home, i ain't coming home

pm for contact details.


pure/a few dp items/events/natures for natures i'm missing


Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:17 pm
Profile
Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:17 am
Posts: 11897
Location: K-Liar Game hell
Poni was about to run away before she was swept away by a massive pink tail and rolled into the canopy. "Oof," cried out the tiny tadpole, before jumping up to her feet and looking around once more. Instinctively, she shielded the Cubone with her body and began backing away, her semi-translucent skin blending in with the darkness until only her eyes and swirl were visible. Looking around once more, she shuddered at the flashlights approaching. "Mean humans," she whispered, on high alert as she continued watching.

_________________
"You're so dramatic, dracoon."

*STRETCHES OUT POLIWAG LEG FOR MILES*

"I don't know what you're talking about."

Sporadically active. If I post, it means I was asked to see something.

Sometimes, I sell natured Pokémon. Black market's good this time of year.

Image


Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:48 pm
Profile
Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 7:30 pm
Posts: 3373
Location: Fremont
Image
'Busy' as in 'not inside,' or just 'inside but preoccupied'? Corinth wasn't sure whether entering the human building when the so-called Officer Jenny was inside would be a great idea; it could very well be an elaborate trap designed to shut the two of them into a hugely uneven playing field, with the intention of capturing or otherwise harming them. Or... his eyes darted back to the statues of the Growlithe at the door, and then towards the younger pup. If this was some kind of training or breeding ground for that particular species, and Aurelius was part of the species tree, maybe a direct evolved form... Maybe it was a trap for just her.

He was ready to object to the Growlithe's words based just upon the possibility of this, but before he could, Aurelius had already followed the other Pokemon's lead, heading for the interior of the building. The limited options he had before him flashed through his mind. The safest was to just leave now, of course. None of these Pokemon knew how to fly, and he would hopefully be out of sight before they could signal anything airborne to capture him, if they were even interested in doing so. However, that would require leaving Aurelius here, possibly even at their mercy - something that he had just promised he wouldn't do. The other option that didn't involve entering the building is to voice his objections now, and try to convince Aurelius to leave with him... but making a scene in the dead center of human territory was the last thing he wanted to do. That left going in after them. With any luck, if the inhabitants of this building were only interested in Growlithe, he wouldn't be of enough concern to warrant their efforts in capturing, and he could fulfill his promise by watching the Arcanine's back as well. Truthfully, none of these seemed like actual good options, but maybe that was because they were currently actively choosing to sink their talons deep into the heart of the trouble anyway.

The earlier feeling of apprehension only deepening, Corinth nonetheless lowered his altitude, flitting through the entrance after Aurelius. He decided, as earlier, that it would be better if he remained silent, since Aurelius seemed to be doing a better job connecting with the Growlithe anyway. Instead, he looked around on high alert, checking for any signs of suspicious human activity... or really, just anything out of the ordinary. After all, he couldn't deny that, underneath all the alarm signals, a tiny part of him noted that this was the first time he would ever be entering a human building, despite living close to one his entire life, and he
had always been rather curious about what they did inside it.

_________________
Image

Image

Art credit: huiro [Deino] || Kiyoko [Lucius]


Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:56 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software for PTF.