It is currently Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:53 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
Crosscode - the 16-bit action/RPG that simulates an MMO 

Hello,

So I'm not immediately impressed by indie games often. In fact, it's very rare. But I picked one at random to try tonight, and I picked a good one: Crosscode.

It's a Secret of my styled action RPG. You're in a virtual MMO world, but there's a real story going on at the same time, as the main character sets out to retrieve her lost memories. You fight, collect gear and items, level up, complete quests, and even have a skill tree. The world feels very alive, as it should. NPCs will be traveling all the time, and there are idle conversations between others. You even have a fellow party member who helps you out (although I wish you had more control over her).

Combat is not terribly great. Dodging and blocking are imperative to staying alive, and it can be difficult when things get crazy and you can not really see what's happening to Web Animation Video Studio predict attacks. Also, you have a base melee attack and a base ranged attack. The range attack is like a twin-stick shooter, which is always rough for me. The puzzles in the game utilize it as well, but at least there, you have time to set up shots. Also, the game so far has been very hard-hit so the combat can get more irritating as a result.

But I was not expecting a random game in my list to have such a charm. I was impressed and saw nobody really talking about it. Not the best, but it stands to be really fun.

Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:55 am
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]